Hendricks

Hard Liquor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She is not getting drunk for the hell of it, she is getting drunk to numb the hell of it" -Sean Bates

 

Chapter 4

 

Jaejoong's POV

"thank you sir." finally I finished with my job today, I smiled and bowed to all my colleagues who is heading back home like me, working is not as easy as I thought, as someone new in the office I need to learn many things, not only about something relate with works but also the behavior of my colleagues, people is constant mystery that need to be solved.

I Walk slowly while listening the song with my earphone, I look up at the night sky in Seoul, and kick the stone near my feet, I try to focus my attention to the street, Seoul is so cold, I put my hands on my pocket to make it warm, I should take the bus but I like to feel the air, the breeze of Seoul, the wind feel so lonely, I want to be the one with the night, hugging all the creature shielding it from the tired day activities, creating the illusion that I can understand the night and I command the night to follow my order.

Few feet away I see someone arguing, I try to avoid them but as I walk closer I recognize the man, he is Mr.Jung, he landed a punch at the other man and the man land on the street, I stop and think about what I should do next.

The man that land on the street get up limply, I rushed toward Mr.Jung afraid that he will be in trouble if the other man decided to punch him back. "sir, are you alright?" I stand beside Mr. Jung and look at the other man, the man is under heavy alcohol control, a bottle of Hendricks is in his hand, a branded alcohol originated in England known as gin type, this man drink all type of alcohol jaejoong thought.

"oh Mr. kim I am alright I was just about to leave." Mr. Jung fixed his wrinkled suits.

"You should also leave, this man is dangerous, don't mind him" Mr. jung walk toward his car that he parked nearby. 

I look at Yunho bleeding lips, the man sit on the street, his head hang low, he looks so pitiful, I am conflicted to know why he is in trouble with mr.Jung, did yunho bumped into him? But it seems unlikely, Mr. jung is driving with cars and Yunho is walking on the street, did yunho jump in front of mr. jung's car accidentally and now he is in trouble.

Aftet Mr. Jung left us, I can see yunho eyes follow Mr. Jung's car, his eyes is full of hurt and sorrow, I have the urge to hug him and comfort him he looks so fragile with this bottle in his hand, Should I left him and walk away to my apartment? why he always meet with me in this condition.

I sit beside him and look at him."Yunho." I called his name but he didn't budge , stay still on hi spot. I look at his defeated appearance, I put my hand on his shoulder, rubbed it slowly and I can feel his body is shaking, he is crying in silent.

 

It's cold here, really cold, at this time of hour he already have an alcohol in his hand, what exactly this man is doing, I open my jacket and wrapped it around his body, Slowly he lean his head on my shoulder, I turned to face him and hugged him, he move closer and hugged me tightly.

 

"Yunho, do you want to tell me about what happen here?" I tied to coax him into explaining the situation, I just assumed that Yunho is Mr.Jung son, their resemblance is uncanny. 

 

Yunho started to mumbling incoherent words while suppressing his sniffles  "I'm a poor man, I'm really poor. I have been craving for my father attention and love my whole life but all I get from him just hate and betrayal, him and his perfect life" I couldn't really understand what he mean but I can feel his distinct need to be loved and cherish.

 

 "Yunho, we have to go from here, so cold here, we will freeze." He didn't say anything, so I took the matter into my own hand, I lifted up his half drunken body with mine and dragged both of us to be close to the street, close enough to be seen by taxi driver.

 

end Jaejoong's POV

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jaejoong paid the taxi and helped yunho to get out from the taxi,Jaejoong tried to put yunho beside the door apartment carefully while yunho keep clinging on him didn't want to let him go. Jaejoong want to walk yunho to his own apartment but the man didn't want to answer when jaejoong asked him about his key so jaejoong brought yunho to his apartment.

"how can you know my father?" Yunho asked him when jaejoong finally able to put him on the couch. So, yun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter