Chapter 3

The Great Gamble
Please log in to read the full chapter

JaeAh opened her eyes groggily, only to get blinded by the streetlight above her. She held out a hand to block her eyes from the bright object as she slowly sat up. She groaned in pain as her back ached from the hard wooden surface she was lying on. Her whole body felt warm despite the chilly night and having a jacket wrapped around her body.

She looked around once her eyes adjusted to the brightness. Bushes, trees, a playground on her right side, more bushes and a human lying down on a bench opposite her. His right arm was propped behind his head as he was looking at his phone. It didn't take long for her to realise where she was—a park located near the cafe. But what she didn't know was how she ended up here and what Kim Jongin was doing here.

All of a sudden, her memories came pouring back. Right, I passed out when I was on the way home. And I happened to bump into Kim Jongin. No, wait. I bumped into Kim Jongin on my way home and I passed out infront of him. What? Seriously?

Jongin looked over at JaeAh, finally noticing she was awake. He jolted up and stared at her, eyes filled with concern. "Are you feeling better?"

JaeAh nodded awkwardly. Though her head still felt a little heavy, she was feeling less ill as compared to before. She glanced at her watch, it was half past midnight, which meant that she probably slept for more than two hours. She bit her lip and looked away. She found it so embarrassing to faint infront of a stranger, even worse, a stranger from the same school. She mentally cursed herself for going to work today despite her condition.

"Here's some water." He passed a bottle of water to her, in which she gladly accepted and gulped down. 

"I took you here because I didn't know where you lived. I can't take you home because... that would be pretty damn inappropriate. So yeah." He explained as he scratched the back of his ne

Please log in to read the full chapter