Chapter 7

The Great Gamble
Please log in to read the full chapter

"So, I'll meet you at Cha Ahjumma's at 7pm?" JaeAh said to her quiet buddy, who was packing his bag as school has already ended, at least for him. Taekwoon looked up for a moment and stared blankly at the door, before nodding at JaeAh. 

Mr. Choi's lesson was as boring as the previous two, but JaeAh got to admit he was a good teacher. She was finally able to decipher the unfamiliar maths equations he had written on the board, and the practice papers were getting less difficult for her. However, she couldn't help but stare at the back of Kim Jongin's head every few minutes. She still couldn't get over his absurd request—to go on a date with him—though she had expected him to. Who would want to run around the huge football field for 10 rounds, in nothing except his underwear? Unless somebody has a mental disorder or likes to show people his skin, she was pretty sure nobody wanted to do that. But it was his own fault for coming up with this kind of meaningless bet, he's obviously not in his right mind, JaeAh thought.

She rolled her eyes, wondering why she was even thinking about this guy who has too much time to spare to do stupid things. Guess I'm just unlucky to be part of his childish game. 

Immediately after Mr. Choi announced the end of class, she grabbed her bag and walked straight out of class. She took out her phone and sent Taekwoon a text saying she was on the way as she walked through the school hallway.

When she reached the bus stop near school, her phone buzzed and she saw a message from him. It was just a simple 'K', like it would kill him to type just a few more letters.  It took her about 10 minutes before she reached Cha Ahjumma's, it was a little further down both of their apartments and JaeAh was too lazy to walk.

JaeAh could smell the oil and smoke in the air as she stepped into the familiar restaurant. She could hear the sounds of meat grilling and people chatting about how their day went. Her eyes looked around for Cha Ahjumma, and found her standing behind the counter, talking to somebody on the phone. She smiled and waved, hoping it would get her attention, but she was too busy scribbling something on a piece of paper to notice.

Before anyone could see her looking like an idiot waving repeatedly, she dropped her hand and looked for a vacant seat. There wasn't many customers around today, as compared to the weekend, so she easily found one at the corner near the entrance. JaeAh took a seat that was against the wall and sighed. That little is late again. 

She took a glance at her watch, then reached a hand into her pocket for her phone. 

To: Daeguni 
You better get your here in 5 minutes or I will make sure you lose all the games you play. Yes, including LoL.

As soon as JaeAh pressed the send button, she noticed someone taking a seat infront of her and looked up. "Jung Taekwoon, seriously—" Her eyes widened when she realised it wasn't her tardy best friend, but the childish guy who would probably be running in his underwear soon. She sighed heavily, not only her inconsiderate friend was late for 20 minutes, but now she has to deal with Kim Jongin.

She shot him a glare before saying, "Seriously? Did you follow me again?" 

"No, I walked while you took the bus." He replied with a wide grin on his face. , he's still as creepy as ever. JaeAh could feel the hairs on the back of her neck rising as she shifted her gaze away from him. 

"That seat's taken, I'm waiting for someone. Please sit somewhere else." She nodded to a table that wasn't occupied.

Jongin shook his head innocently, "Nah-uh, it's just us."

JaeAh frowned, confusion written all over her face. Suddenly, she felt her phone in her hand vibrate. She opened up the new message from Taekwoon.

Enjoy.

She looked up from her phone and stared at Jongin, her jaw dropping.

Jongin shrugged and smiled, "Taekwoon's nicer than he looks, he would be a great matchmaker." JaeAh was speechless, she couldn't be

Please log in to read the full chapter