Chapter 9

The Great Gamble
Please log in to read the full chapter

Stomping into class, JaeAh looked at the empty seat beside hers. Taekwoon was not in class yet. I'll beat the out of him once he is here. JaeAh thought as she rolled her eyes and sat down, throwing her bagpack on Taekwoon's seat. She slumped forward on her desk, and closed her eyes to rest before Mrs Lee's lesson. 

"Yah!! Did you hear about them?" One of the girls in class, Jieun, enthusiastically asked her group of friends. JaeAh's ears perked up. Drama time? Still lying on the table, she slowly opened one eye to peek at them.

"Who?" Another girl, named Suzy, asked while drawing on her eyebrows while looking into a small hand mirror.

"It's been about two weeks since their bet, and I heard that Xiumin's already got a girl!!!!" JaeAh's eyes widened as she realised what they were talking about.

Suzy groaned, "NO WAY! MY XIUMIN!?!?!"

"What about Jongin?" Jungshin chimed in.

"Someone from another class saw him with a girl at Hongdae yesterday!" Several gasps were heard in the room.

JaeAh's cheeks started to turn warm as she fidgeted around in her seat. Someone saw us? Do they know it's me? , I hate Kim Jongin. Because of him, everyone's going to be talking about me in school and—

"I wonder who's going to win the game." Jungshin raised his eyebrows before walking back to his seat. Thank god... JaeAh sighed in relief. 

"Obviously Xiumin." Suzy said while smirking.

"Nah, Jongin is much more attractive. I think Xiumin's girl will dump him before the month ends!" Jieun chuckled. The debate on who would eventually win the bet went on. All JaeAh could think about was how she wish she could go back in time. Before she met Kim Jongin. He may seem like a nice guy on the outside, but who knows how he really was in the inside. It is her final year in high school and she don't have any time for love. Heck, she still hasn't forgotten what happened in her last relationship.

 

 

"Oppa, w-what?" JaeAh's voice cracked.

"I said, we should break up." He said with his back facing JaeAh, his voice so firm and strong, it was like he didn't care anymore.

"B-but why?" JaeAh's right hand reached out, touching his muscular arms. She could feel tears forming in her eyes. She pursed her lips, trying to keep them from falling. Her eyes darted left and right, trying to figure out why he's acting like this. "If it's because of Yoora..." She swallowed. That name was difficult for her to say.

"If it's because of her, I forgive you. Can we please..." She cried as she felt him reach his hands up to push hers away. "I'm sorry."

 

 

Hearing the chair beside hers dragging against the floor, she shot up to look at her third biggest enemy. The first was Yoora. The second was Kim Jongin. The third one was...

"YAH!" JaeAh slapped Taekwoon on his back while he lazily put her bag that was on his chair onto the table and sat down.

"What was that yesterday?" JaeAh glared at him, demanding an answer.

Taekwoon took out the earphones from his ear, "Sold you away for game credits." JaeAh sighed, knowing how bad his addiction to game was. 

"I'm not going to talk to you for the rest of the class. No. REST OF THE WEEK." JaeAh crossed her arms angrily.

"Fine, I'm sorry. you can come over, have some nice food, and play with Popcorn. Okay?" Taekwoon nudged her arm.

"No. I want you to have a meal with your parents together and not in your room!" 

"Fine." Taekwoon rolled his eyes and rest his face on his hands, looking outside of the window.

Just then, Mrs Lee banged on the whiteboard infront of the class. "Let's begin." All the students rushed back to their seats, and started taking out their textbooks and notes.

 

It was the fourth and second last lesson of Mr. Choi's math remedial class. JaeAh was shocked to see that Jongin was the first to reach the class, earlier than her and everyone else. She was even more speechless to see that Mr. Choi was chuckling at Jongin, as if Jongin had said something funny. Both of th

Please log in to read the full chapter