Chapter 5: Rainy Night

Gift of an Angel

 

Jenny’s POV

Jaejoong seriously need to back off a little. I know he cares, but I don’t want him to know. He doesn’t need to worry that much about my life. As I head out of the company, it begin to rain heavily. I started to walk back to my dorm since I don’t have much of a choice.

A red ferrari stopped by. Apparently the driver was Junsu. 

 

“You know it’s much easier to drive home than to walk home in the rain. It’s not really a good idea.” He opened up the front passenger door for me to get in. 

 

“So...what’s up?” I asked Junsu. 

“Eh. Nothing really. You know you could have asked us if you wanted a ride.”

“I just don’t want to trouble you.”

“Pft. You’re our friend. We care. That’s all.” I find it hard to believe those words. I mean nearly every person who said that to me was a lie. It’s an eventual backstab. We got to my place soon enough. Junsu walked me to my door like a gentleman he already is. He followed me into my apartment which kind of me made me more weary of him. What does he want? Is he going to be like Jaejoong too? I still kept my long sleeve clothes on. 

 

Junsu’s POV

Why can’t Jenny wear more comfortable clothes in her own apartment? It’s not like I’m going to harm her or anything. Since she’s already settled in at her home, I decided to try to dance with her one more time. 

 

“Jenny, can you try Xiahtic with me?”

“Junsu, I -”

“We’ll go slow.” I went up to her and start at the chorus area of the dance. “1, 2, 3, 4. 5, 6 and 7 and 8. That wasn’t so bad, was it?” Jenny is obviously hiding something. “Is everything okay?”

“Yeah. I’m okay.” I stared her down a little as she lied to me.

“Okay...Let’s try this again. 1, 2, -”

“Can we stop Junsu?” I looked at her funny. Is she going to tell me now?

“What’s wrong?”

“Can you keep this a secret?” 

 

I nodded. 

“When I was a kid, I had no one to rely on. My family abandoned me and I began an orphan. Yeah, life seems a little better as I have someone to take of me with shelter, food, clothes, and warmth. Once the place was shut down by the government, I had no one else left. No relative, no friend, just nothing. My world was empty for a while. When I saw the dance competition, I immediately watched and learn from it. So my life as a dancer began.

I had no one to teach me. I constantly watch various dance lesson and street dancer. I used what I learned to create my own style. Because I have no food and shelter, I had to beg for money or food. Life wasn’t that easy. This group of gang member took me in. What I didn’t know is that I have to pay them back eventually. I borrow their money for food, clothes, and competition. Later on, they forced me into stealing for food. I didn’t like it at first, but I had no one else so I listen. Few years later along the road, I learned how to fight and kill to stay within my gang member family.

Eventually, I got accepted into your company through many tough competition and fighting for the top. I got what I wanted. But last night...I wasn’t expecting them to follow me. I sensed it when I was with Jaejoong. Therefore, I didn’t want him to be endangered. I got beaten up severely because I failed to bring any money to them. I’ll eventually get rid of them.”

Once her story was over, she seems to be enraged with her own past. I only notice the pain and the suffering. I instinctively walked up to her and hugged her. 

“You don’t need to suffer like this anymore. I promise.” She cried. “Can I see your arms and legs?” Jenny is hesitating. “Please.”

 

Jenny’s POV

I showed him the scars from last night. Junsu was so appalled to see this. He saw the cuts, the bruise, the bleeding.
“Jenny...how can you endure this pain?”

“I can’t Junsu. It hurts.” I hugged him for comfort. “I want everything to go away: the pain, the suffering, the fear.” 

Junsu looked at me in the eyes. “I promise I’ll protect you. I promise I’ll keep this a secret. Does anyone else know?”

“The choreographer oppa knows about this,” I replied. I walked out to the balcony while it was still raining. Junsu followed me and wrap his arm around my neck.

“Have you heard this song before?” he asked. I stared at him blankly. What song is he thinking of?

“Here goes nothing.” He sang me “You Are Beautiful”. “How was it Jenny?”

“Beautiful.” 

“Well I gotta go now.”

“I’ll see you later Junsu.” He kissed me his goodbye on my forehead.