Chapter 3: Keep Your Head Down

Gift of an Angel

 

Jenny’s POV

Something doesn’t feel right. It is way too quiet. Danger must be lurking. 

 

“Jaejoong, put me down.” He looked confused. “Now. Just listen to me.” The moment I was free from Jaejoong, I ran into the dark alley. I can hear footsteps following me everywhere until I was cornered.

 

“What do you want?!” I cried. The gang members slowly came out with metal pole in their hand. “What is it?” I growled.

 

“A young lady like you should be more polite.” The gang members laughed at me. I glared at them. Their leader drove up to the scene. He walked out of his car with two bodyguards side by side and walked up to me. 

 

“I think it’s time for you to pay up,” said the boss. 

“I don’t have the money right now. I’ll pay you back later. Just give me some time.” I begged. 

“Your time is up. Here is your choice: money or the location of the guy you hang out with,” offered the boss. He pulled out a knife from his boot and pointed right at my face. “Tell me the answer I want to hear.”

“I don’t have neither.” I answered. I have to defend the boys at least. They are my close friend now. 

“Wrong answer,” said the boss. He made a small cut on my arm. “Boys, teach her a lesson she won’t forget.” The gang member chuckled in the most evil laughter I ever heard. is about to happen now.  

 

I will not play a defenseless child in the streets no more. As the gang member makes their first move, I dodge it and punched them in the face. 

“So you’re think you’re all tough now?” asked one of the gang member.

“Guess what sweetheart? Everything we taught you is going to be useless,” taunted the other gang member. I growled at them. I ran up to them and tried to punch them in the stomach but I was a little too late. They grabbed my arm and twisted it. I screamed in pain. 

“You won’t get away with this,” I threatened them. 

“Really?” they scoffed. The gang members hit me with the metal pole on my leg.

 

Fine. They’re going to play dirty. So can I. I found an empty glass beer bottle and threw at them. I wasn’t quite content as it hit them on the back. I’ll feel slightly better if glass got in as I saw the blood dripping out of their clothes. I ran up the dumpster, did a backflip and handed on one of the gang member’s shoulder. As the opportunity was knocking on the door, I twisted their neck quite hard. 

 

“Next time, keep your head down fools.” I got their gun and pull the trigger. “Any last words, punk?” Before they said anything, the police siren came. my life. How the hell am I supposed to get away now? As if the god heard my prayer, there was a small way out of the alley. I creep into it and head my way into the dorm. My manager isn’t going to be happy with this.  

 

I felt my phone vibrating in my pockets. Jaejoong was calling me. I ignored his call. I went to my home and immediately applied first aid. Not long after his phone call to me, I got a text message from him. 

 

Jenny, please tell me you made it home safely.

 

“. Dance practice tomorrow.” How the hell am I supposed to clean up the damage that I made? Tomorrow isn’t the rehearsal with the boys, right? I hope not. I went to the mirror and looked at myself. There’s a small blood on my lip. I won’t be getting much sleep tonight anyway. I woke up at 6am and watch the sunrise above the horizon. 

 

It’s a new day.

 

I began texting my choreographer.

“Are the backup dance crew dancing with TVXQ today?”

“Yes.”

“Can you do me a favor?”

 

-Next Day-

Jaejoong’s POV

Why haven’t you picked up my phone call? Did you got my text message last night?

 

“Jaejoong...are you expecting something from your phone? Cause you haven’t put it down the entire night,” Yunho wondered. I don’t blame him. I shouldn’t have acted strange.

“No. I guess I got carried away with myself.” I replied to him coldly. I should keep my focus straight. We have a dance rehearsal today. I should see her there anyway. 

 

“Jaejoong!” Changmin called me. “Make me some pancakes! I’m hungry!” I ruffled his hair. 

“Alright, kiddo.” I walked down to the kitchen and do what I do best. Yunho accompanied me as we make breakfast together. 

 

Junsu’s POV

“You are going down!” I yelled at Yoochun. I was in my room playing starcraft against him. I was pro at being protoss. I will not have another defeat from last night game of soccer. 

“Junsu ya! How long have you been playing starcraft?” Yoochun was in frustration. I giggled. Victory is mine! I took down the last of his structure in our intense game. 

“Do I have to do a punishment?” Yoochun asked me in his puppy eye. 

“Later.” I answered. I need to think of a good one for him. 

 

“Hey guys! The food is ready!” Jaejoong called us. Yoochun and I ran across the hallway and sat at the dining room table. 

“Phwee~ I can’t wait for the rehearsal!” I quickly ate my food. I’m so excited. 

“That’s right. We are dancing with our backup dance crew today.” Yunho just remembered. I looked at Jaejoong who was lost in his train of thoughts. 

“Jaejoong! Don’t be like Changmin and go into your 4D world.” I teased at him.

 

“Everyone ready?” Yunho asked. We all nodded. “Let’s go!” We all headed out to our van and headed off to the company.