Chapter 4: Suspicion

Gift of an Angel

 

Jenny’s POV

“I’m sorry oppa.” He looked at me. I was a total mess in front of him. 

“How did they found you?”

“I...don’t know.” I couldn’t look at him. “Please don’t tell any of the TVXQ member. I don’t want them to worry.”

“So...you want me to record the practice?” I nodded. “Jenny...I....”

“Please try it behind Lee Soo Man’s back.”

“Then what will you do?”

“Still practice with my injury.” The choreographer flinched. “I’ll be fine.” 

“Don’t you think it’s a bit too much?”

“Yes, at the same time I need to practice as well.”

“I’ll do my best to help you get ready for the concert.”

 

Jaejoong’s POV

We began warming up for the rehearsal. All of us are eager for the tour that’s coming up. The fan, the stage and just about everything about it makes us more excited. As we were warming up with our stretches, our choreographer was putting something in the corner. I ignored it. Slowly, the backup dancers are starting to come in. Where is Jenny? Did she got kicked off the team? Me and the members focused on the choreographer as he walked up to the front of the room.

 

“Everyone, welcome to the 5th Asia Tour Comeback Concert rehearsal!” Everyone clapped. “TVXQ, meet your backup dancers for the tour. All of them are here except for one. Unfortunately, she can’t be here with us.” We all greeted them. What exactly happened to Jenny? It has to be something from last night after the dance practice. I shouldn’t have let her go like that.

 

“Where exactly is Jenny?” Junsu asked. 

“She has an emergency situation. She’ll join us at the next rehearsal,” answered the choreographer. Before I can react to the news, the audio director came in. He posted the song list that we will be going over.

 

Song List

-Keep Your Head Down

-Empty

-Found You

-Maximum 

-Mission

-Rising Sun

-Choosey Lover

-Stand By U

-Somebody To Love

-W

-In Heaven

-Get Ready

-B.U.T

-Duet

-Color and Harmony

-Superstar

-Get Out

-Mirotic

-Crazy Love

-Xiahtic (feat Yoochun) + You Are So Beautiful

-I’ll Protect You

-My Girlfriend

-Checkmate

-Confession 

-Bolero (Korean Version)

 

 

Junsu’s POV

“Is there going to be change in dance? What about the parts in the song?” I asked. We just got back together recently few months back. 

“The CEO is thinking about the vocal parts in “W” and Get Out. Other than that, we going to carry out the songs like you guys normally do.” With that, the audio director left. 

 

“What are you guys waiting on? Let’s start practicing!” the choreographer said with joy. All of us got into formation. This is where the five of us belong, sharing the same room. 

It feels different but in a good way. As time goes on, we learned each other choreography. 

 

“Yoochun, do you like to say ‘ you’ a lot? I noticed it in live performance,” Yunho asked. I burst out laughing. He has got to be kidding me, right?

“It’s quite nice to say it in terms of expressing my true feeling,” Yoochun answered with a smile. Jaejoong walked up to me. 

 

“Can we talk in private?” Jaejoong whispered in my ears. We walked out of the room and found a private place to talk in. 

“What is it?”

“Don’t you think Jenny not showing up to practice is a bit odd?”

“Like our hyung said, an emergency situation happened. It something that no one can control.” Jaejoong shook his head in disagreement. 

“That’s not it though. It’s a lie. I think something happened to her.”

“Explain.”

“I mean after her practice last night, she took off running.”

“You don’t think she -”

“I’m afraid so.”

 

We both scurried back to the room before our choreographer hyung return. 

 

Jenny’s POV

“Please tell me that they don’t know.”

“Jaejoong seems a bit weary about my lie.” I moaned at his answer.

“Figure since he was with me last night after my practice.”

“Do you think he knows?”

“None of them knows nothing. They can let their imagination work to the fullest about what happened.”

“Did you watch the practice?”

“Yeah...it seems like nothing new to me, so I should be fine.”

“I’ll leave you be for the day. Have a great day and be careful. Text me if you need me!”

“Will do oppa!”

 

I stared at my injury and it was slowly healing. When I tried to stand up and walk on it, it hurts a little. They got my leg good. I tried dancing to Mission and it wasn’t so bad. It’s official. I’m going to the dance practice. I made sure I wear long sleeves and make up. I look good as new. 

 

When I went inside the room, they were singing Stand By U. The harmonization of the five voice never cease to amaze me. I love it even more when they gaze in each other eye. Finally they were done with the song. I was totally mesmerize by it. Now it was their break time. Yunho went to his corner and start reading his comic book. Changmin was into his little 4D world. Jaejoong starts to work out. Junsu randomly starts singing again. Yoochun was on his piano. 

 

Junsu walked up to me. “Do you want to try the dance for Xiahtic with me?” 

I immediately shoved him. “You silly duckbutt! You want me to be your dance partner in that song?” He nodded. I sighed. With the injury that’s slowly recovering, I don’t know if I can pull it off. 

 

“So yes, no?” He gave me his angelic look on his face.

I sighed. “We’ll do it later.”

 

Jaejoong’s POV

I finished my workout and watched Jenny play around with Junsu. I still can’t help but to wonder what exactly happened after she bolted from me. I took a deep breath and walked up to Jenny.

 

“Jenny, can I ask you something?”

“Sure. What is it?”

“Please...don’t take it the wrong way.”

“I’ll try not to.”

“How much do you trust me?”

“Hmm...why?”

“Just tell me.”

“As a close friend, I guess?”

“Are you willing to tell me anything?” I saw the hesitation in her eye. 

“To certain level of extent.”

“Then what happened last -”

“It’s out of the question.”

“Why are you wearing long sleeves to practice?”

“Jaejoong...just...leave me alone.” She walked away from me. I can’t help but to wonder what’s going on with her life outside of practice. Something doesn’t feel right to me.  

 

Our choreographer hyung came in. 

 

“Alright everyone! You guys did a great job today! Tomorrow we will do it again around the same time.”

 

Everyone was dismissed.