Playing Martyr

Why I "Hate" Park Chorong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everybody’s mouths dropped.

I can’t believe this… This can’t be happening.

“Unnie… You have to get a shot next week… Do you want me to postpone it?…” Eunji asked politely, trying to change the subject.

“I hate getting shots… So yes, that would be nice, thanks.” Unnie replied.

“Chorong unnie… Don’t do anything rash…” Naeun pleaded.

“Rash? I spent the whole night thinking about it and slept for what would be a generous hour and a half.” She rebottled, “Oh, and it’s funny hearing that come out of your mouth. You should’ve told yourself that two weeks ago.”

Naeun immediately shut .

I got up from the couch I was sitting on and ran to the one she was sitting on, quickly sitting and placing her hand in mine.

“Unnie please don’t do this…” I began while crying, “I wasn’t cheating on you! I know I lied but please give me a chance to make it up to you…”

She took her hand away from mine, “If there’s one type of person I can’t cope with it would be a liar. I’ve known you for more than five years and you’ve always been honest with me. But now you lied to me for two weeks straight without feeling any remorse until I found out.”

“Please don’t leave me…” I begged, putting my pride aside, “I won’t lie to you again I promise!”

She got up from the couch, “You shouldn’t have lied to me like that in the first place. Let’s face the facts, Yoon Bomi; you’re only sorry you got caught.”

I looked into her eyes, “Why?… In front of everyone…”

She then turned her back to everyone including me, “So I don’t have to waste my time telling everyone in the dorm I left you.”

I left you.

I left you.

I left you…

Those words kept repeating in my head like a constantly ringing bell. I lost control of my body and looked at the back of her head with complete shock. 

“What? did I hurt you, Yoon Bomi?” Unnie asked, turning her head around to look at me.

I stared at her with a speechless expression, but the expression she returned was stoic.

She let out a short, cold-blooded breath, “It hurts being on the other side, doesn’t it?”

And with that, she left the living room and entered our room. Well, at this point I’m not sure if I’ll be in that room anymore.

As reality finally kicked in, I broke down and cried as much as I did when Chorong unnie rejected my heart.

Love, what exactly is it? According to the dictionary, it’s “a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person”. But that definition on its own barely scratches the surface of what love is. It’s such a broad term that if you ask a number of people, their personal definition of love can be so different from the person you asked prior, yet still make sense. 

Now if you ask me what love is, I’d tell you that love is pain. Love is hard. Love is a struggle. But in the end, it’s all or nothing.

-

Eunji’s P.O.V

I stared at Bomi with sorrow. She’s not the smartest pea in the pod, but she always had a good heart. I’m sure her intent was good, but her execution and reasoning was very poor.

Once unnie left the room, I immediately ran towards my best friend and took her in my arms as she loudly wailed and sobbed with immense despair while clinging onto me. I gestured the rest of the girls to leave the room to give her and I some space.

-

A little more than two full months have passed and Bomi and Chorong unnie still haven’t been able to make up. Once they broke up, Bomi spent a month trying to be Chorong unnie’s friend and win her back, but unnie is still adamant on not letting Bomi take her heart like she once did. But now, now they can’t seem to get along. I guess Bbom got tired of her cold heart.

Honestly… It’s been very uncomfortable in the dorm ever since they stopped dating. Because of their current relationship status, we had to once again move around who sleeps where. Namjoo happily moved in with Hayoung and Naeun in the master bedroom while Chorong unnie requested me to move to her room. I guess one could say it all worked out, since Bbom wanted to be alone all the time after her heartbreak.

Anyway, like I was saying earlier, the two of them can’t talk for more than a minute without fighting. If we’re at home that is. If we’re at a schedule, they put their acting skills to the test and act close. And if we’re in the practice room, they don’t speak at all. But at home they literally fight over everything. They’re the two oldest in our group, well, Bomi is literally five days older than me… Well that still makes them the two oldest I guess. Anyway, despite their age they argue like children. To be honest, they’re like ticking bombs; they can be completely fine around each other, but once one of them opens their mouth they both instantly blow up and start arguing like immature kids. Let me give you a little rundown of how they’ve been since they broke up.

They argue when we watch T.V…

“Yah! Yoon Bomi! Why do you want to watch this garbage?”

“Park Chorong-ssi. This is my favourite show… Can you not insult it in front of my face?”

“Change the channel, this show .”

“YOU .” 

“Can we not fight please…” Hayoung begged.

“Excuse me?!?!” Chorong unnie yelled.

“Excuse you? Sure, you can leave.” Bomi cheekily rebottled.

At that moment, Chorong unnie lunged forward and tackled Bomi down.

Since both of them know martial arts, each member of Apink had to jump in to separate the two before the situation got worse.

~

They’re extremely impatient with each other…

Chorong unnie was feeling hungry, so she walked over to the fridge to look for food. Bomi was patiently waiting behind the counter for unnie to leave the fridge so she can get food too.

But unnie was indecisive and couldn’t think of what she wanted to eat…

“Yah ahjumma!” Bomi screamed, “Can you be any slower?!”

“Ahjumma?! AHJUMMA?! I’m 25 and you’re 23!” Chorong unnie rebottled.

“Well you certainly look like one.” Bomi mumbled.

“At least I’m pretty.” Unnie insulted.

Bomi began to grit her teeth, “Ugh. How did I even date you?!”

“I ask myself that question every single day.” Chorong unnie stated.

Bomi’s anger was rising, but she didn’t attack unnie with violence.

“Maybe you should stop eating, you’re getting fat.” Bomi retorted with a grin.

“I’m fat? Look at you! You look like a dumpling!” Unnie roared.

“I do? Oh no! Fat Chorong, please don’t eat me!” Bomi chortled, sticking her tongue out at the eldest.

Once again, the two of them clashed and the rest of us had to separate them.

~

They take shots at each other “jokingly” during interviews…

“Hey unnies!” Hayoung called as she the T.V., “Bomi unnie’s and Namjoo unnie’s interview is on!”

Every member ran to the couch, except for Chorong unnie who took her time making her way there.

“Oh, it’s almost over?” Namjoo asked, noticing that she was speaking mid-answer to a question which was asked near the end of the interview.

“Oh, aw… Is it?” Hayoung cutely mumbled, "I just turned it on a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter