Part 2: Ninety-six Days

Why I "Hate" Park Chorong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong’s P.O.V

Ninety-six days. Bomi and I have been together officially for ninety-six days. Four days from now it’ll be our 100 days, and that’s a huge thing for us as a couple. It’s a huge thing for any couple, really. Everybody in the dorm adjusted to Bbom and I being together. Well, some quicker than others. 

Hayoung adjusted almost instantly, being happy for the two of us, as she would. Namjoo ended up adjusting quickly but she only started adjusting after spending days cleaning up her room. She may have been a little upset at Bomi for making her wash basically everything she used while she was depressed, but Namjoo is a big girl; she got over it quickly. Naeun on the other hand adjusted quicker than I thought, considering, well, you know. She even jokes about it quite often. I think she finally found her comedic edge. Well, not for variety, but for making fun of Bomi and me.

Now I mentioned that some adjusted quicker than others. Yeah, I’m talking about Eunji. She’s not against us being together or anything, but after the incident that happened in the bedroom she hasn’t been able to sleep comfortably in the same room with me and Bbom. This is kind of mean, but if Bbom needs a nice laugh, she’ll make a dirty joke about me while talking to Eunji to make her squeak and beg for mercy. That being said, three days after “it" happened, Hayoung and Naeun moved to the master bedroom while Bomi and I moved to their room so we could have our privacy. I guess Namjoo can be considered the winner since she’s living comfortably in her own room.

Needless to say, ninety-six days passed and Eunji’s still adjusting.

Anyway, Bomi and I haven’t been able to spend some time with just the two of us for awhile now. We’ve always been busy with schedules or just practicing in the practice room. I mean, we’ve spent time together but we haven’t really had any “alone” time, you know? Don’t be dirty! by “alone” I mean just going on dates and enjoying each other’s company.

I don’t know if it’s because of how little time we get to spend alone together or solely because of fatigue, but she’s been a little distant lately. When we finally solved our problem, she quickly returned to her old happy self, but she’s different now. I feel like she’s hiding something from me, but whenever I bring it up she smiles and secretly sneaks a kiss, telling me everything is okay and that I shouldn't worry. I feel enough sincerity from her embrace, but it still worries me about how different she’s been behaving.

I mean, Bomi is still Bomi, that hasn’t changed. The only thing that did was her attitude towards me. “Attitude” isn’t really used in a negative connotation in this situation; it’s not like she’s disrespecting me or anything like that, but...

Aish… I can barely put it into words. It’s just confusing. I guess I’m just worried about her well being. But what I'm also worried about is how she feels about me... Have they changed? Has she changed?

Anyway, we spent our morning and afternoon with a schedule. After that, Hayoung, Namjoo, and I were home while Bomi and Naeun had a photoshoot together, with Eunji at her own schedule. Our maknae was spending her free time reading while Namjoo spent her time watching TV while eating snacks. Hmm, maybe I could use this time to catch up with my dramas.

I made my way to my room and sat on my bed, getting my laptop in the process. I tried turning it on, but it had no battery. I sighed as I remembered that I left my laptop charger in Eunji's room. I'm way too lazy to get it… 

While sulking, I placed my laptop back in its place. But in an instant, an idea popped into my head.

"Bomi's laptop!" I blurted with joy.

I went over to her bed and took her laptop, opening it and hoping for some battery life to last me until she gets home.

“Yes! Full battery!” I cheered.

But I had one more obstacle in my way; her password.

Now what would her password be? She’s a pretty simple girl… I doubt her password would be hard to guess.

While contemplating, I placed my hands on the keyboard and began typing…

ApinksSparklingBomi

Nope.

ChorongsPabomi

Nope.

Aish! What could it be? What’s something she says a lot?… Ah, I got it!

BomiIsCute

Oh, it’s asking me to use a number too.

BomiIsCute3

Aaaand I’m in. 

I rubbed my forehead while sighing, she’s just too innocent sometimes.

Despite her excuse for a password, I’m happy that it’s that easy for me to guess. Nobody else has access to it anyway, so it should be fine. I happily decided to rewatch one of Eunji’s old dramas. Honestly, seeing her on the screen during dramatic moments is more comedic for me only because I know her so well. But before I could begin watching, a text message notification popped up on the screen. 

Technology has come a long way; her text messages are synced with her laptop so she can text with it if she's too lazy to pick up her phone.

Anyway, after a hell of an emotional ride, I learned to respect Bbom’s privacy. Not wanting to go through that again, I decided to ignore it. I turned my attention back to my drama, but as I tried to focus on Eunji crying on the floor like a baby after getting her posters ripped, a peculiar message popped up in the notification.

“Are you sure Chorong unnie doesn’t suspect us?…”

I immediately paused the episode and sat silently… Suspect who?…

Should I do it?… Should I open her conversation?… I already learned once to respect her pri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter