Annyeong, Goodbye

Why I "Hate" Park Chorong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What the hell is this? This can’t be what it seems. But how can it not? If it was something casual then Bbom wouldn’t have to make an excuse to everyone in the dorm; she could’ve just said “Naeun’s treating me out to dinner tonight, we’ll be home later,” but noooooo. She just had tell everyone they had a schedule just to go out on a stupid date. I mean what the hell! I wanted to go on a date with her and she knows that! How could she brush her girlfriend off to go out with another woman!

I feel like my vocabulary will approach the vulgar side at this point.

But I have dignity. I don’t want to make a scene, so I decided to approach them casually and completely normal.

“Yoon Bomi, hello. Son Naeun, hello. Both of you... hello.” I greeted with a slightly demonic grin.

“C-ch-chorong unnie….” Bomi nervously stuttered, “H-how…"

“Oh unnie… you’re here?…” Naeun greeted, placing her chopsticks in nervously.

"Yoon Bomi... You're dead to me." I growled.

"Unnie, please lis-"

"I've been listening behind that ficus over there and I think I heard enough. Son Naeun, get your hand off her before you lose it."  I sternly threatened.

She quickly pulled her hand away, "Yes unnie, of course... I uh, I'm just going to pay now... Check please!"

"Unnie please..." Bomi begged.

I looked at Bomi’s glass of water and picked it up, “Any of you have waterproof make up on?”

“No unnie, sorry…” Bomi apologized.

Naeun shook her head in response.

“Aish.” I sighed, placing the glass back on the table.

At this point I couldn't hold my tears, "I'm done here... And I'm just about done with you."

I wiped my eyes and with as much dignity as I could muster, I quickly made my way out.

“Unnie wait!” Bomi called as she chased me, leaving Naeun behind to pay.

Once I got out of the restaurant, I ran straight towards the car, but as I came to a stop at the car door, she caught up to me and turned me around.

“Unnie! Stop!” She pleaded.

“Why? Clearly I was interrupting your supposed ‘special night’ with Naeun!” I roared.

“It’s not like that!” She rebottled, “Wait a second…"

“Yeah, that’s right. I saw your text messages.” I admitted.

“Invading my privacy again?” She accused, raising a brow in the process.

“Actually, that wasn’t my intent.” I sternly stated, “I simply wanted to watch a drama while waiting for you, my supposed faithful lover, to come home to me. But my laptop ran out of battery and my best option was your laptop because it was the closest. Your password was the simplest to figure out and once I got it in I was happily watching until a suspicious message from Naeun popped up on the screen.

“You’ve been so distant with me and you haven’t been acting like you used to. So after thoroughly examining your behaviour for the past two weeks, I had no choice but to find out myself about what you’ve been up to. But I wouldn’t have if you haven’t been so damn different with me!”

Of course at this point I’m already crying.

“Unnie… I’m not cheating on you if that’s what you’re thinking!” Bomi argued.

“We haven’t had our ‘Chomi’ time as you called it for a long time now, and you know how much I wanted to spend some quality time with you. Knowing that, what did you do? Let me tell you what you did because maybe you’re too much of a pabo to see it yourself; you lied to me saying that you had a schedule with Naeun when really you didn’t and just went out to a special dinner with her! You deliberately deprived me of special time with you to go out with another woman!”

“Unnie it’s not like th-“

"Don’t you see?! All I wanted was to spend time with the woman I love and thought loved me. I admit it, I’m a little possessive of you, but it’s only because I don’t want anyone to try and take what belongs to me. Despite my possessiveness, I’m not unreasonable. But hey, let me tell you another reason why you’re stupid; if you just told me you and Naeun were going out to dinner tonight ‘cause she was going to treat you, I would’ve said okay. I would’ve been sad and lonely at home but I would’ve been okay with it. If you did that, then maybe I wouldn’t have found out. But look at me now.” I continued, losing control of my emotions.

“I’m not cheating on you, unnie…” Bomi appealed, tears slowly glissading down her cheeks as well, “Please believe me…”

“She took your hand in both of hers and told you she loved you!”

“So? We tell our members we love each other all the time!”

“This was different.” I argued, “She said it with a certain sincerity… I know a sincere confession when I see one."

At that point, Naeun came running to the both of us.

“If this isn’t an affair, then what is this, Yoon Bomi?! All this adds up to just another lie coming out of your mouth.”

“I… I can’t tell you…” She replied quietly, tilting her head down, “Not yet…”

Ha, typical…

“Yeah, that’s what I thought.” I nodded, turning over to Naeun, “Yah! Son Naeun, can you tell me what the hell is going on?”

She just stared at me blankly before slowly lowering her gaze to her feet.

I huffed, “Of course. That’s always how it is; lie until you get caught, and when you do, act innocent until the very end.” 

“Chorong unnie please!” Bomi pleaded, gripping my arm with both her hands, “Just trust me! Please don’t be like this…”

I pushed her hands off me, “Trust? I did trust you, Yoon Bomi. I trusted you with all my heart until the moment I stepped foot behind that ficus.”

“unnie, don’t say it-“

“I’m done with you. I think I need some time to myself, then I’ll figure out what to do with someone as low as you.”

-

Bomi’s P.O.V

She’s not breaking up with me, is she?…

No…

NO! I’m not cheating on her! I’m not!

“Chorong unnie don’t do this, please just wait a bit…”

“Wait a bit? What kind of request is that?! You can wait all you want with Naeun, I’m not waiting for someone who doesn’t deserve me.” She growled, using a demonic tone which I’ve never heard her use before until today...

And with that, she pushed me away and got into the car, quickly speeding off before I could beg her not to go. At that moment, I turned over to Naeun.

“Naeun-ah!” I roared, “What the hell was that?! Why didn’t you say anything?!”

“I didn’t know what to say…” Naeun quietly replied, “I’m sorry.”

“You could’ve at least said we weren’t on a date and that you didn’t like me in that way!” I screamed, tearing up, “She might’ve actually broken up with me, Son Naeun! You could’ve helped me save everything I had with her!”

I saw her look away, “I overheard Chorong unnie say something about something I did with sincerity… What was it?”

“She saw you take my hand and say you love me. She said it was with a different kind of sincerity.” I replied, suspicious about her behaviour.

“Well…” She began, looking away from me.

“Sul ma… Naeun-ah…” I began.

“N-no… It’s not exactly that I like you… It’s just… I mean… You two looked so nice together, and I never considered a woman, but lately, I don’t know. Like, after seeing you two so happy together I started to maybe consider it? I’m not saying I like you, I’m just saying that earlier it was sincere because the time we spent together these past two weeks including tonight made me realize and accept that I may like women as well and I was just secretly thanking you for it…”

Really?… Naeun as well?

“Naeun-ah…” I began, not knowing what else to say.

“I’m sorry I did that, I didn’t think Chorong unnie would be there… You said she didn’t know.”

“But apparently she did. And now I lost the person I love the most.”

“Well, she didn’t say she’s breaking up with you… So may

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter