Separated

Why I "Hate" Park Chorong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a restless night, I woke up around nine in the morning so I can start to pack. Eunji, Naeun, and Hayoung had a schedule together while Namjoo took Bomi out to try to help her gain her strength back. The only reason I know that is because Namjoo secretly sent me a text, even after Bomi told her not to. 

I packed a couple of bags full of essentials; clothes, undergarments, a tooth brush, a spare pair of shoes, my phone charger, and all the other stuff people pack when they’re going away from home. As I efficiently packed everything I thought I needed, I noticed a picture frame on my nightstand that I felt was haunting me. I approached it and picked it up, which on my part was a horrible idea.

The picture that’s been haunting me was a special one; it was a framed polaroid I took with Bbom pretty recently. Aigoo... We were so happy back then. How I miss those times.

Should I take this with me? Bomi's the one who wanted to cut off all communication, not me... It's only been one night and I already miss her so much; she was a huge part of my life, but now that she's gone I feel like a piece of me is missing.

While contemplating, I peeped over at Bomi’s night stand and took a look at what picture she kept there. Aigoo… My little Bbom has always been a sentimental softy despite her outside appearance; she framed a selca we took together back when we were just rookies…

I laughed at the sight of my twenty year old self with all my baby fat. Ah, how young we used to be. Don’t get me wrong, we’re still very young; we just look significantly different than we used to. 

I decided to pack our picture. I know it’s not the best idea since we’re not on speaking terms, but if I can’t see her, I at least want a frozen memory to remind me of what we used to be.

Packing is the easy part, the hard part is leaving.

A couple of hours later, the girls came home. They all came up to me, with the obvious exception of the one person I actually longed to speak to, and told me they pulled some strings to get a week off so they can moderate the dilemma between me and Bomi before going back to work. I told them that one week might not be long enough, and they were well aware of that. However, seven days was the longest we could get, and I’m thankful to my members for doing their best to get the week off. After all, they said that with the week off, there will be less stress for everyone.

“Unnie,” Hayoung called as she helped me bring my bags to the door, “How long are you going to be gone?…”

Aw, our maknae is cute when she worries. But I don’t know how long I’ll be gone, or if I’m even coming back.

“Don’t worry, Hayoungie.” I comforted, “Before you know it, unnie will be back home.”

I gave all my members a long, warm embrace, then at the corner of my eye, saw the only person in this house who hasn’t said bye to me sitting in the living room. As I glanced at her, she glanced right back. I gave her a small grin and a slight wave, but she responded by getting up and going into the kitchen, ignoring my existence. 

I couldn’t help but frown.

Naeun took my hand in hers, “Don’t worry unnie, I’m sure she’ll speak to you eventually.”

I smiled, “Thanks, Naeunie.”

I said my final goodbyes and made my way outside. I made my way to the car where one of our manager oppas was patiently waiting. While driving, he asked me why I’m spending the week at unnie’s place. I had no idea what to say… There’s just too much to say. My lame excuse was that Gina unnie misses me and wanted me to come. Then he asked me why Bomi didn’t want to come, but I smartly replied by saying she’s too ill to come along. 

Ah, Yoon Bomi; the name that will haunt me for the rest of my life… I miss her.

It didn’t take too long for me for me to get to Gina unnie’s house. When I got to her building, I went straight to her apartment. I lifted my hand to bu-

“Chorong-ah!” Gina unnie greeted with joy as she opened the door, who I assumed was looking out the window and waiting for me to come.

-

Bomi’s P.O.V

I stole glances at her when she was at the door saying her goodbyes to go to Gina unnie's house. I know I said that I don’t want to see her or speak to her anymore, but I can’t deny that I still care about her well being, so of course I’m secretly keeping tabs on her.

But I also can’t deny my feelings for her anymore.

She looked at me and gave me a small grin and a very subtle wave. Aish, please don’t do this… It’s hard enough for me to let you go, you’re practically irresistible in my eyes.

And I absolutely hate that. I broke off all connection with her so I can get over her. I don’t want to love her when she doesn’t love me. It hurts. I’ve been hurting for this past month, but confirming her unreciprocated feelings for me was like a thousand bullets being shot through my chest. 

I unknowingly fell in love with her, and despite what she did to me and what’s been happening, I love her more each day…

What’s wrong with me?

Fighting the urge to go up to her and attack her with a bear hug, I stood up from the couch and went to the kitchen and looked for anything to eat, literally anything. I haven’t been freely roaming around the dorm in over a month; it’s an unfamiliar feeling for me.

Once I heard the door close, I made my way back to the couch and took a seat, with Namjoo, Hayoung, and Naeun taking a seat as well. Eunji soon joined us and placed an arm around me as she sat down on the couch.

“Actually, unnie, we wanted to tell you something… “ Hayoung began.

I fixed my slouching posture and sat up straight, wondering what they’re going to say to me at this moment.

“Bomi unnie, we all know what’s been going on…” Namjoo began, “And we just want you to know that despite your love preference, we still love you just as much as we loved you a month ago.”

I grinned.

“You know you can come to us for anything, right? We’re family.” Naeun added.

I nodded, “Thanks. But this… this was a little different.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right…” Naeun replied, “But you didn’t have to go through all that by yourself…”

“Yah, Bomi-yah.” Eunji called as she pulled me a little closer to her.

“Hm?” I asked, looking in her direction.

“There’s nothing wrong with liking a woman,” She stated while looking at me, “I.. truly think you’re great.”

Thanks, Jung Eunji. I can’t lie, It feels good to have people who support me for who I am.

“Bbom-ah... Unnie still loves you for who you are…”

She still loved me for me...

“Unnie…” Hayoung began, “Ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter