Part 3: Timing Is Everything

Why I "Hate" Park Chorong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong’s P.O.V

“So, marriage, huh?” I asked as I got into bed, “Was that what was on your mind the whole time on that day?”

“Yeah.” Bomi replied, crawling into my bed beside me without my permission, “That’s why I couldn’t tell you what it was; If I did, it would’ve made things awkward.”

“I guess that's true. Two weeks is a long time though.” I admitted.

“Yeah, it was a long time.” She agreed, “It took a long time because I wasn't even sure if I was going to ask you, so I spent that long with Naeun deciding on whether or not I should do it.”

I chuckled slightly, “And from there I thought you were cheating on me.” 

She sighed, “From there my life went to hell.” 

I rubbed her cheek softly with one hand, “I’m really sorry for that…” 

Bbom grinned, “I understand why you’d think that I was cheating. If it were me, I’d feel the exact same way you did. But there was just no way out for me.”

“Why did you choose Naeun?” I asked.

She raised a brow.

“I mean, there are four other girls in the dorm, including Eunji who's your best friend.”

“Well, Eunji’s the busiest out of all of us so she’s never home long enough for me to have a real, productive talk. Hayoung is very mature, but she’s had the least amount of experience since she’s the youngest. It was between Namjoo and Naeun, but Naeun’s technically been ‘married’ before, so she learned more about relationships. Either way, I was going to ask Naeun to help me propose if I ended up deciding to do it since she's a talented artist and could make me a beautiful banner or something. But you somehow found us and everything fell apart from there.”

“I’ll take care of you from now on. So don’t worry, anymore.” I stated sincerely.

She nuzzled her head against me, “Promise?”

I softly kissed her forehead, “Of course.”

Bbom giggled, “I’ll hold you to that, then.”

“Hold on a second.” I paused, “Don’t you have your own bed?”

“Yeah, but yours is softer!” She cutely replied.

“Bbom-ah, we have the same bed…”

“Well, yours is newer.”

“We all bought our beds at the same time…”

“Well I like your bed better than mine!”

“Fine, I’ll sleep on your bed.” I concluded, getting up from the bed.

She immediately grabbed my arm and pulled me back down.

“Let me rephrase that; I like the bed you’re sleeping on.”

“You’re an adult now; can’t you sleep by yourself?” I asked with curiosity.

“I’ve slept without you for a really long time. I don’t want to anymore.” 

I smiled, “Well, if you put it like that, then I have no choice but to let you sleep beside me.”

“Thanks unnie!” She chirped, getting comfortable.

Thinking about it now, she’d probably sleep beside me even without my permission. If I told her to go back to her bed, she'd probably wait for me to fall asleep and snuggle against me for me to only find out the next morning. She's done it before... Sometimes before we even started dating the first time.

“You know, we have our own room now. You know what that means, right?” I began.

Her face lit up, “Maaaybe…” 

I inwardly sighed. Yoon Bomi will forever be the biggest ert I know. I catch her looking at my numerous times daily. Even if I’m wearing something that doesn’t show off my , she still looks at it. I guess I have no problem with her checking me out, but if she’s checking other girls out then I’ll have a problem.

“What do I mean then?” I asked, giving her a chance to redeem herself.

“It means that we can make love to our hearts’ content every night!” She chimed, smiling brightly.

I shouldn’t have gave her the benefit of the doubt.

“Is that all you think about?” I interrogated, nudging her lightly.

“No, it’s not all I think of!” She rebottled, “I don’t think about it when you’re not with me as much as I do when we’re together.”

She literally just admitted she thinks about it all the time, just some times more than other times.

“You just admitted that’s all you think about…”

“Oh.”

I laughed, “You’re such a pabo.”

“You love me.” She flirtatiously stated.

“You’re right, I do.”

“Weellll unnie… Since it’s all I think of…” She began, giving me a subtle but not so subtle hint about what she wants.

“What I meant was that since we have our own room, we have our own privacy again.” I began, “But since it’s all you’re thinking of right now…”

She looked at me with eyes filled with hope.

“Nah, unnie’s tired.” I teased, quickly pecking her cheek and turning over.

“Unnie!” Bomi whined cutely, wrapping her arms and legs around me while begging me to “play” with her.

“Baby, I’m sleeepyyyy.” I replied, trying to shake her off me.

“But Bomi's not~” She retorted cutely.

I sighed, “We can play for ten minutes, okay? No longer than that tonight.”

Might as well has some fun while we have the time to.

“Okay!” She chimed happily.

I spent a short amount of time lying down in my comfortable position before turning over to her to play. Even though it was only a few seconds, by the time I turned my body completely over, Bomi was already .

Well, she’s very diligent at least. Everyone wants a diligent wife, right?

— 

3 years later…

Apink’s been at it for eight years from today. A lot of people say that groups usually call it quits after or has success for seven years, but we’ve surpassed that proverbial hurdle and are still growing strong. Naeun and Eunji have been doing well as a couple too! We actually used them as examples when we worked hard to communicate better. Namjoo and Hayoung have gotten much closer since they’ve roomed together. I’ve recently been having my own little suspicions about how "friendly" their friendship r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter