D-Day

Why I "Hate" Park Chorong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I dropped my phone in utter shock. Why couldn’t I sense Eunji’s feelings for Bomi? How dense am I when it comes to realizing a person’s feelings?

“Eunji-yah…. She’s in love with me…”

The third oldest sighed in pain.

I should’ve seen it.

“I never thought we’d have to experience something like this.”

I should’ve realized what you meant by that.

“Just leave her for now. You’re probably the last person she wants to see.”

I should’ve went.

“Apink wouldn’t be the same without her…. And neither would I…”

I should’ve known.

Jung Eunji, I should’ve realized what you were up to all this time. You’ve been acting suspiciously since the beginning. But despite that, I didn’t think you’d do this…

“Chorong-ah, are you okay?…” Gina unnie asked, “What does the text say?…”

“U-unnie…” I stuttered, “Eunji confessed her feelings for Bomi… they’re moving out of the dorm together…”

“Sul ma…” Gina unnie began, “Rong-ah, I’m so sorry…”

“Unnie, I have to go! I have to go home!” I squeaked, quickly slipping on my shoes and running out of her apartment.

“Rong-ah, wait!” She called.

I ignored her call and continued running. I have to go home. I don’t know what I’m going to do or what I’m going to say, but all I know is I have to stop them.

I exited her apartment and ran in the direction of the dorm. I ran as fast as my little legs could take me. I’m not extremely athletic, so I don’t know how far I can go. But I won’t stop.

Just then, I saw a car honk constantly while pulling up on the shoulder.

“Yah! Pabo-yah!” Gina unnie angrily called.

I stopped running and looked at her open car window.

“Do you think you’re in a drama or something?! I called for you because I wanted to tell you I could drive you!” She scolded.

“Oh.” I realized while panting, “Sorry…”

Yeah, well it’s the effort that counts, right?

I used the last bit of my stamina to sprint to unnie’s car and take shotgun.

“Aish, love-struck people are dumb.” Gina unnie mumbled as she handed me my phone.

I chuckled slightly, “Heh heh, sorry…"

She drove as fast as she could, but obviously drove safely because of all the traffic and the street lights. It took us a significantly less time to get there than it would if I ran the whole way, but unnie pulled over at the shoulder for a second time for a reason I didn’t know.

“Why are you stopping here?” I asked.

“Because this isn’t a television drama,” She began, “unnie has to find a guest parking spot. So you run ahead, okay? I’ll catch up with you.”

I nodded and exited her car.

“Thanks, unnie!” I chirped before speeding down the street.

I’m not letting Eunji take Bomi away from me; I won’t let anyone touch her.

I felt like a football player as I dodged and spun around incoming pedestrians. I didn’t know I had this type of ability in me, but I’m totally not complaining. As I was running, a familiar face walked out of the ice cream shop while holding a cone, but still managed to stop me in my tracks.

There’s only one person I know who goes to an ice cream shop this often; Jung Eunji.

“Oh, unnie.” She greeted.

“Eunji-yah!” I roared, “What the hell did you do while I was gone, huh?!”

“What did I do? What do you mean?” She replied, acting as if she’s oblivious to what she did to me. I guess being an actress really paid off for her, didn’t it?

“Naeun told me; Eunji-yah. She told me you confessed to Bomi.”

“Ah, I see.” She said in realization, “Sorry unnie, but I’ve liked Bbom for a long time. She had a crush on you, but you rejected her. I didn’t think this would be an issue.”

“Jung Eunji!”

“Like I said; she liked you, you rejected her. I took her here two days ago to confess my feelings for her and to ask her to move out with me so she can get over you. I’m going to sway her heart towards me.” Eunji began, “You placed her in my hands without me having to do anything. And for that, I thank you.”

I looked at her with eyes of anger. But despite my emotions, she was right; I did place Bomi in her hands with my stupidity. Whenever Bomi tried to come near, I pushed her in Eunji’s direction. I’m stupid. I’m the stupidest person that has ever existed in this world. But I’m not giving up; I’m not losing this war.

I began runn-

“Yah, Park Chorong.” Eunji called as she grabbed my arm and stopped me in my tracks again, “Don’t bother seeing Bomi; she doesn’t want to see you anymore. Please don’t take my actions personally; love is love.”

I growled at her and forced her cunning hands off of me. Don’t take her actions personally? I’m in the right mind to kill her right now.

I began sprinting once again with a head full of steam. Nobody’s stopping me this time. 

Get in my way and you die.

I finally got to the parking garage where Hayoung, Naeun, and Bomi were. I saw that they were loading up a running car with Eunji and Bomi’s luggages while she was standing in front of the hood.

So I guess this is a real thing, huh?

“Yah, Yoon Bomi!” I screamed at the top of my lungs as I charged towards her, panting as I came to an abrupt stop when I was positioned in front of her.

“Do you think this is right? Do you think this is going to solve our problems?!” I angrily began.

“Chorong unnie…” Bomi blurted in surprise.

“This doesn’t solve anything! How stupid can you be?” I yelled.

“I’m sorry, unnie… Me moving out with Eunji is the best way-“

“No, that’s cowardly.” I rebottled, “You think you can just run away from you and me? There’s no way you can run away from us because I’m still here, Bbom-ah. I’m still here. And just because Eunji confessed her feelings for you you’re just going to run off with her even though you don’t love her in that way?!”

“Chor-“

“Shut up; it’s my turn to talk. Last time we fought you did all the talking, so now it’s my time. Did you think I’m just going to stand idle while you run off with Eunji? Do you think I’m just going to let us end like this? If you thought I was going to do that then you’re truly a pabo! 

“Now you can get into this car with Eunji and drive off to who knows where, but you’ll have to do it over my dead body, Bbom-ah. You'll have to run me over; I will stand in front of that van and no matter what, I will not move. I’m not letting you leave this dorm and I’m not letting you leave me. There’s no way in hell!”

“What are you saying, unnie?…” Bomi asked quietly while I was scolding her.

“When you confessed your feelings for me, I was scared to accept it. I cowardly pushed you away because I was stupid and insecure. I can’t live without you. No, I won’t live without you; I need you.

"I don’t care what other people will think anymore. I’m sorry for putting you through so much this past month. I should’ve been honest about my feelings, but I was too scared of loving you so I unconsciously pushed them away. But not anymore; I won’t run from us. You and I belong together and nobody is taking you away from me. Not Jung Eunji, not anyone! 

"I guess... What I'm trying to say is...

"Yoon Bomi, I’m in love with you; you are my first love, and I love you with every piece of my heart."

I looked at her with tears streaming down my cheeks. I never realized how hard it was to pour my heart out. I finally truly understand what she went through.

I could see she was in a state of shock as she took in my words. She began to sob and attacked me with a tight, passionate embrace.

"Chorong unnie..." She began while sobbing, "I've always imagined you confessing your love for me... And I've never been happier in my entire life..."

I held her tight as she spoke to me. Regardless of us being in a public place, which by the way was empty, we cried in each other's arms.

"I love you, Bbom-ah..."

"I love you so much, Chorong unnie..."

We looked in each other's eyes while she cunningly placed her hands on my waist. I grinned and reciprocated her gesture by wrapping my arms around her neck and slowly leaning in.

She shut her eyes and slowly brought her lips closer to mine. My heart began palpitating. I felt butterflies in my stomach as her lips approached mine. 

This is what I've been waiting for; this feeling is the feeling of love.

The moment our lips touched was the moment I was sent to another world. This kiss, this kiss was different from any other I’ve experienced before. I could feel Bomi’s sincerity and how much she longed for this moment. 

I’ve finally done right by her, and I couldn’t be any happier.

However, during our passionate embrace, I heard a series of claps and cheers from voices that I recognized. Despite the sound of cheers, this pabo kept her hungry lips on me, but I had no problem reciprocating her passion.

-

Third Person Narrative

“Unnie… they’re not stopping…” Hayoung whispered to Namjoo, “Do something..."

“Do we just like, wait?…” Namjoo asked, “Naeun unnie, you do it..."

“Yah, Eunji unnie… This is awkward.” Naeun admitted, “Stop them…"

“No way, I’m not getting near that.” Eunji stated, "Gina unnie, you’re the oldest, you’re in.”

“Aigoo, you all are cowards.” Gina joked as she stepped forward and made her way to the passionate pair of new found lovers.

“Okay, okay, that’s enough. We’re in public. Stop it.” She stated as she separated the two.

“Oh, by the way Chorong unnie…” Bomi called.

“Yeah?” She replied.

“What did you mean when you said Eunji confessed her feelings? She never confessed to me…” Bomi stated awkwardly.

“W-what?…” Chorong stuttered before turning to Eunji.

Eunji replied with the largest eye smile she’s ever seen.

“Come on, let’s get all their stuff back to the dorm and we’ll explain everything.” Gina unnie suggested.

Everyone either took a piece of luggage or a bag and carried it back to the dorm. Once that was completed, they all gathered in the living room on the couch, with Chorong and Bomi cuddling.

“You owe me an explanation, Jung Eunji…” Chorong stated, “I was ready to kill you.”

The country girl chuckled, “Okay, okay, so this is what happened…”

-

The day Chorong left for G.NA's...

Eunji’s P.O.V.

I can’t let Chorong unnie and my best friend be upset like this. I have a strange suspicion that Chorong unnie actually does love Bbom, but I need her to realize it so they can both stop hurting. But what can I do? Bomi doesn’t want to talk to her and Chorong unnie is too smart to fool. I need a plan; a great one. 

I spent over an hour just contemplating and putting together different ideas to try and make a flawless scheme.

I got it! A plan so great that it seems too real…

Once Bomi went to sleep, I gathered the rest of Apink and informed them about my plan. To my advantage, they all happily agreed wholeheartedly.

After I let them go, I picked up my phone and called Gina unnie, “Hello, Gina unnie?”

“Hi Eunji-yah.” She greeted happily.

“Hey, are you with Chorong unnie right now?”

“Well, right now she's sleeping.”

“Perfect. Can you go to a room far from her? I need to speak with you privately.”

“Yeah, sure.”

After I gave Gina unnie a brief explanation about what’s been going on between Bomi and Chorong unnie, she happily accepted her role in my plan.

“Unnie, your role is vital. Are you sure you can do this?” I asked.

“Easy.” She replied confidently.

“Okay, good."

Phase one: inform all members of my plan. Complete.

Three days passed and the rest of Apink and I finished our morning work out to help Bomi get back to her old self again. We were going to take turns washing up so we got our order by playing Rock, Paper, Scissors. I won, but they forced me to go last. Aish, this was a perfect time for me to set phase two! Why did my members force me to go last!

I patiently waited until I saw Namjoo walk out of the bathroom. Now is the best time to prepare. I need to wash up before Bomi so I can set everything up.

I attacked her with all my aegyo so I can convince her to let me wash up before her. At first she was skeptical, but she ended up letting me do it.  

After I finished washing up, I quickly got dressed and made my way to the ice cream shop. I then sent her a text asking me to meet me here as soon as possible.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter