Lies...

That Words...

Jiyong sit restlessly on his comfort chair while his eyes keep glaring on the wall clock. Calculating every second that passes leaving him in a mid of tension. An expensive pen tucked neatly between his fingers, follows every movement of his knocking, leaving a mark on the white sheets of paper that supposely been fills with business plan. It’s already 9.00 am, and he grasping his breath thinking that he is supposingly heading to the hotel where the appointment with Mr. Takumi will taking place. “Should I just go there alone?” he thought to himself, still reluctant to ask Soo Hyuk to accompany him. But then, after thought about it for awhile he get up and directly walking to Soo Hyuk’s office. He glance over Yongbae on his way and noticed that Yongbae smile while nodding his head, showing his support in silent. Yongbae’s words last night made him wasted his sleeping hours to think of that. He knows that Yongbae always value friendship bonding as his top priority and everything that he adviced about him and Soo Hyuk make sense but one thing that he never told Yongbae is that, this matter is not just about a thing. There are more aspects involved and it also include his inner feeling that he never get the chance to tell Yongbae. However, for time being he has to put aside his own feeling and try to reunite with Soo Hyuk.

 

Jiyong slowly knocking on the close door and step into that room once he received the feedback from the person inside. Soo Hyuk seems to pause everything that he do, clearly taken back once he saw Jiyong walk into his room.

“Hi, morning. Did I disturbing you?” asked Jiyong with a smile that awkwardly carving on his lips.

“Erm..not really. What’s bring you here?” asked Soo Hyuk a bit flustered.

“Are you free this morning? I want you to accompany me for awhile.” invite Jiyong while looking directly toward his business partner.

“If I have to, then I will.” answered Soo Hyuk short.

They exchange their gaze for awhile without even a word. Both of them seems a lot to discuss but they just keep silence.

“So, if you agree, shall we?” asked Jiyong and heading to the door while Soo Hyuk follows him from behind. Yongbae look at the two guys who just walk pass by. He could notice the tense between both of them and that makes him concerned. The reaction on Jiyong’s face made him even worry. Last night, when Jiyong asked for his opinion, he just said it as normal bestfriend could answered. However, deep inside his heart there was something shaking.

 

“I don’t understand why Soo Hyuk acted like that. I thought he is someone that more open minded and being more rational in handling things. I don’t remember he being like this before, why he suddenly change?”

“Don’t you think it was because of me? Sometimes I feels like I had made a mistake for being here.”

“There you go again. What about it? Stop blaming yourself. You did nothing wrong. He was the one who acted weired, angry about something like that.”

“I think I can understand his behavior. You two were closed before I came here, right? Spending time together without anyone else. Maybe having me in the middle makes him annoyed. If I sit in his place I would feels the same. Don’t worsen the situation by ignoring him. Moreover both of you are business partner. Don’t screw up your works because of this matter. He is a nice person after all and I know he just concerned about you by looking at it. Working hard and showing seriousness on our projects will makes him aware that we are not just playing around. You should know that, he is your friend. In my opinion, you better try to reunite with him. It’s nothing wrong to be the first one to apologize. I know you also worry about him. If not this conversation will not going to happen.”

“But I can’t agree with him if he think that you are the cause of the problem. The way he said that was so annoying and like he blaming everything on you. He didn’t have to do that. We have been knowing each other way before I get to know him. As someone that special to me…..erm…I mean… as my close friend, putting you into trouble like this makes me feels uneasy.”

“That is why, Ji.. I’ve said to you so many times. Don’t worry too much when something happened to me. Your worries sometimes makes you lose your control and forget about everything else. Maybe that is what Soo Hyuk want to convey.”

“But, how can I ignore when it’s related to you. You are the most person I’m concerned about. I can’t just pretend like nothing happened….but still, I ….. arggghhhh….I don’t know anymore……”

 

His heart still flustered thinking about Jiyong’s bold confession from last night. He can feels the heat had burning his face that makes him blushing tremendously. However, he knows it also hard on Jiyong to choose a side. Sometimes a trace of guiltiness still linger in Yongbae’s heart. Compare to Soo Hyuk, he has nothing much to offer to Jiyong. Soo Hyuk is the one that help Jiyong to be what he is right now. They achieved a lot together while he was just the one that hurt Jiyong. He keeps blaming himself when he feels that his existence only bring harm to Jiyong. They came from two different world where he cannot easily surpass. Knowing Jiyong’s parents and their family background, makes Yongbae feels like there is a wide gap between him and his bestfriend, while Soo Hyuk will easily standing beside Jiyong with no worries. But still, his selfishness makes him reluctant to go. Jiyong has reached the special place in his heart. He is not just a friend, he is more than the word could described. Although he doesn’t know how Jiyong feels about him, atleast for Yongbae, Jiyong has already be part of him. He just don’t want to lose him again, that is for sure. Because of that, he try his best to help those two as long as Jiyong won’t be taken from him. He really hope that they can be together without hurting someone else.

 

**************

 

Jiyong decided to drive his own car. It feel much comfortable if it just the two of them rather than having a driver. His mind busily thinking how he should start the conversation. He glance over Soo Hyuk, who sit quietly beside him. While he carefully focusing on the road, Jiyong pull his courage to speak.

“Soo Hyuk, I want to apologized about the other day. I know I had been harsh on you. Since then, as your friend, I felt horrible.” Jiyong try to start the conversation.

“Yeah…it’s ..but I’m also at fault. I must have been carried away by my own thought.” confessed Soo Hyuk.

The atmosphere covered with silence for awhile before Soo Hyuk added his words.

“Years back then, When I heard you mentioned his name in your sleep, I don’t really felt anything other than curious to know who he is. I never saw you met with him before and you never mentioned his name while you were awake. I thought he just someone in your past, and I don’t know how much you cherished that guy. Until I met with him and saw how it affected on you. The more I get to know him, the more I can understand. It is complicated than what I have expected.” added Soo Hyuk.

“Eh?? What are you trying to say?” Jiyong glance at Soo Hyuk while focus on the road at the same time.

“Ah..Nevermind. That is my own problem.” Soo Hyuk release a deep sigh. “Actually Jiyong, I don’t mind if you and Yongbae being a friend. I could understand why you like that guy. He is nice and humble person and anyone surely can’t resist when he start smiling. But, I really hope you don’t lose yourself. I just want you to be Kwon Jiyong that I’ve known before.” he added.

“Hey..not again. How many time I have to convince you that I’m not changed. I’m still the same person eventhough I might be a bit loud recently.” smile Jiyong

“Yeah…finally I can clearly hear your voice.” teased Soo Hyuk and they burst into laughter.

“Don’t worry Soo Hyuk. You will always be my favorite in my friendlist.” added Jiyong.

“Yeah…Like I can believed that. See if the answer will change when you say it in front of Yongbae.” sneered Soo Hyuk.

“That’s another case.” said Jiyong while grinning widely.

 

*********************

 

Yongbae is on his way to the office pantry when his eyes suddenly captured the two guys walking together heading to the office entrance. From that far, Yongbae already saw the cheerfulness that covered around them and looking how wide Jiyong grinning while facing Soo Hyuk has confirmed their friendship is already in a good term. He breath in relief with subtle feeling. “I should be happy for them, right?” thought him in silence. “But, what with this feeling?” his eyes keep glaring over Jiyong until he realized that Jiyong had noticed him and he force his lip to smile before continue his steps towards the pantry area.

 

Yongbae is immersed in his thought while waiting the coffee to brew without even noticed Jiyong who is already stand beside him.

“Yongbae ah…” Jiyong land his hand on Yongbae’s waist while bend his head to look at the guy’s face, when he didn’t answered him. Realized how close Jiyong’s face with him makes Yongbae startled and move a step back.

“Ah..Jiyong ah. Sorry, I didn’t noticed you were here.”said Yongbae, try to control himself.

“What’s wrong? Have you taken your lunch? Don’t tell me this coffee is all that you consumed for today.” asked Jiyong with concerned.

“How do you know?” grinned Yongbae.

“What? Is it true? Why don’t you eat something?” Jiyong’s eyes widen in shock.

“I didn’t realized it’s already past lunch hour. But it’s okay. It’s enough with this.” said Yongbae waving a pack of crackers in front of Jiyong’s face.

“Yaaa….you mean this is your lunch?” Jiyong snatch the packet from Yongbae’s, showing his brooding face. “Bae ahh…I’ve told you to eat a proper meal when you are at work. You have to take care of your health. I don’t want something bad happened to you once again. Hold on, I’ll call for delivery.” said Jiyong while searching the number from his phone.

Yongbae quickly grab Jiyong’s phone and take back his crackers from Jiyong’s hand while staring at him tensely. “Don’t be ridiculous. I’m ok, don’t worry. Just because I miss my lunch for once it doesn’t mean that I will fainted here.” Yongbae grab his coffee and take his sit. Without waiting any longer he munch the crakers that has been dunking in his coffee while glaring at Jiyong who is still standing in silence.

“So, how’s your day? Did you get that sponsor?” asked Yongbae try to cheer his friend that seems sulking alone.

“Yeah…more than I had expected.” answered Jiyong and landed on one of the chair that facing Yongbae.

“What with that face? It should be a great news, right?” Yongbae start to concern.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay with that? Aren’t you hungry?” Jiyong staring at his friend with a worried face.

“Huh…are we still discuss about this? Ji, look! It’s an oat crackers. Maybe it’s not a proper meal but still it’s enough to sustained my energy. Why are you so concerned? You treat me like I’m dying here.” groaning Yongbae while shooting a sharp glares towards Jiyong.

“Hey..I’m just asking. Of course I’m concerned. You are my friend. If it’s bother you than I’m sorry. No need to be angry. Ok, have your lunch peacefully. I will not bothering you anymore. I’m out.” Jiyong quickly stand up and walk to the door.

“Ji….” Yongbae try to call up before Jiyong leave the pantry. He looks at his friend with regrets. “I’m sorry….” he said but Jiyong just nod his head and walk out from the room while waving his hand unheartedly without looking at Yongbae. Yongbae startled. He knows that he being harsh on Jiyong. “What have I done?” Yongbae rubbing his forhead. He doesn’t know why he been flare-up. He gulp his coffee but it’s only leaving a bitterness in his mouth, same as his feeling.

 

Jiyong slump onto his chair while release a heavy sight. His mind still thinking about Yongbae, who he left behind.“Have I done something wrong? Is he in a bad mood? He just fine this morning, what happened while I’m out?”.He grab one file and try to shove his worry by focusing on his job but it’s not easy to forget about that things. His joy over the good news that he had from Mr. Takumi had vanished. That is the thing he wish to tell Yongbae at the first place, but seems like he jump in a wrong path. He grab his phone, try to send a message to Yongbae but he keep deleting the words. “It’s hard to contain this feeling.” he murmured by himself.

 

***************************

 

Yongbae left the office early this evening. He lost his interest to stay back in that place when his mind obviously distracted by Jiyong. He also didn’t had a chance to talk with him after what happened in the pantry earlier when he saw Jiyong and Soo Hyuk leaving the office together for a meeting. “I should talk to him tonight” he thought.

 

It’s already 10.00 p.m. and Yongbae still waiting for Jiyong to return. He doesn’t know how many times his eyes glaring over the clock until he decided to call Jiyong to ask when he will be back. His call didn’t take a long time to be answered when he heard Jiyong’s voice over the phone.

“What’s up?”

“Aren’t you coming home, Ji?”

“Emm…I’m home.”

“Eh? Are you outside? Hold on, I opened the door.”

“No Bae, I mean I’m at my owned.”

“Owh..I see. I thought you will be coming here.”

“Sorry, there’s something came up so I decided to return here.”

“I see…okay, sorry for bothering you.”

“Are you waiting for me? Is something wrong? Sorry ‘coz I didn’t told you earlier.”

“Nahh..I just want to make sure. Ok, see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah..see you tomorrow.”

 

Yongbae has ended the call right after he finished his words without waiting for Jiyong to answer. He can’t help from sulking by himself and he don’t know why he can’t get rid of that feeling. Concerned that he might hurt Jiyong even more makes him regrets to end it that way. “Haishhhh….This is not what I wanted it to be.” he grunted alone.

 

Meanwhile, Jiyong has been frowned when Yongbae ended the call..hurted. The tension rise up when he can’t think any reason why Yongbae being like that. He slumped into the bed try to calm himself but his mind still busy thinking about that guy, until he heard incoming message.

 

“I’m sorry if what happened in the pantry earlier is the reason behind this.

I don’t mean it but I’m truly sorry. Good night, Ji.” ~ Yongbae

 

His eyes keep staring the message with various feeling conflicting inside his heart. He almost forget about that incident until Yongbae mentioned it. Yes, he really want to know why Yongbae being like that earlier but because of his busy schedule doesn’t give him a moment to think about it. But now, he is full of curiosity which makes him decided to call back Yongbae to ask about the truth.

 

“Hello…”

“Yongbae, I really had something to do earlier. That is why I had to return home.”

“Yeah, I know. You had mentioned it.”

“So, about your message….It’s really nothing to do with that and don’t have to be sorry. But, since you had mentioned it, I really would like to know the reason. Is everything okay?”

 

The silent suddenly fill up the air. Only the sound of breathing sometimes could be heard through the line. The two of them just waiting one and another to voice out. Yongbae still can’t give any answer why he acted like that towards his bestfriend and he also can’t figure his own feeling.

 

“Yongbae?…”

“It’s nothing, Ji. Maybe I’ve been carried away with the thing that need to be settled for our function. So, just forget about it.”

“Is there anything you want to share with me?”

“It’s ok. Thank you by the way.”

“Bae, I will always be here for you. So, if you need somebody to talk to, you always can count on me.”

“Yeah..I know. Thanks again.”

“So, I’ll hung up now. Get a rest and see you tomorrow. Good night, Bae.”

“Good night, Ji.”

 

Jiyong leans against the headboards. Everything that lingers his mind doesn’t seems fade away after talking with Yongbae just now. Somehow, it makes him more concerned. “Why does it feels like we’re close, yet too far? Even if we’re together I still can’t reach him. It’s dragging me insane.Yongbae ah…I try so hard to be your friend.But, I don’t know if I could hold this anymore. Please stop making me worry.It’s really hurt me.”