Close to you...

That Words...

Jiyong sitting alone on the couch deep in his thought. Everything that happened in his parents house still linger his mind. He did regretted every word that he spat in front of his parents but still his heart also in pain when he had been treated that way. He knows that his parents want the best for him but he also have his own desire. He didn’t meant to be rude toward their guest but this is too much for him to handle. Since young he just follow his parents wishes because he still didn’t figure out what he want to achieve in his life. But now, everything different. The most importantly, he doesn’t want to force himself living with someone who doesn’t fit him.

The knocking on the door brings him back to his sense.

“Come in.” he voice out.

Yongbae slowly open the door after hearing the approval from the owner of that room. He clearly saw gloomy face of his friend and that makes him concerned.

“Are you ok?” asked Yongbae while walking closer to where Jiyong is sitting.

“Yeah…I’m fine.” replied Jiyong unheartedly.

“There you go again. Always pretending to be tough.” said Yongbae and look deeply in Jiyong’s eyes. “Ji, do you still remember the first night I slept over at your house when we were working on our assignment? The reason why I came that night because I couldn’t forget your voice after we talked over the phone, which sounded so sad that night. Even though you tried so hard to be calm but your eyes didn’t lied… and what I see in that eyes right now is the same.” he added.

Jiyong return the gaze. “Yes, I still remember that night. How could I forgot, because that night was the day that I had decided to keep you close.” his mind silently saying.

“Yongbae ah, sorry for the way my parents treated you. You must have felt offended with their words. I hope their words didn’t bothered you” said Jiyong in guiltiness.

“It’s ok, I don’t take it personally. Don’t worry about it.” replied Yongbae in comfort manner.

“How can I’m not been worried? When the first time I met your parents, they treated me so nice. I had been showered with warm smile, they fed me with a good foods and they never considered me as a stranger. But, you received things like that made me really upset. Can’t they just welcomed you as the same as your parents did to me? I know…I shouldn’t put any hope on that, but still it hurts me.” expressed Jiyong in frustration.

“Maybe your parents just want to protect you from the strangers. Moreover, this is the first time I’ve met them. So they might be curious about what type of person I am. Everything gonna be okay in the future.” Yongbae smile. He knows that is not easy to please Jiyong’s parents. Especially after knowing that they are accentuate about the title and position. He can clearly saw how Soo Hyuk has been treated and it was so different compared to him. But, he doesn’t want to see Jiyong feel pressure about it.

“You know what Yongbae? In time like this, I really miss your parents. How are they doing?” asked Jiyong suddenly.

“You can call them if you want or you want me to make that call for you?” asked Yongbae and directly brings out his phone.

“Hahah…I don’t think I can talk with them today. Maybe later. Thank you by the way.” said Jiyong.

“I’m pretty sure they miss you too. They asked about you a lot and it made me lied to them various of time back then.” confess Yongbae.

“Really? What did you lied about?” Jiyong gazing his bestfriend reactions.

“Everything about you. How could I know the answer when they keep asking.”said Yongbae while bring his sight down.

“They did? Sorry, you must had been bothered about it.” said Jiyong.

“Nah..actually I’m grateful with it because it makes me feels that you are really exist. Maybe that also the reason why I can’t forget about you.”explained Yongbae honest.

“That makes me wanna thanked them more.” replied Jiyong and Yongbae return the smile.

“Hey guys…is there any interesting story to share? You both seems happy.” asked Soo Hyuk who entered the room by sudden. Both of them focusing on that guy who is just stepping into that room. “I thought you are in a bad mood after what has been happened earlier. I guess I’ve got it wrong.” added Soo Hyuk when he landed beside Jiyong and glaring over Yongbae.

“It’s nothing actually. Are you coming here just to ask me about that?” asked Jiyong.

“Hmm…kind of. I’m planning to ask you out tonight. Let’s go clubbing and get lose everything that you had in mind. And what you say, Yongbae? Do you wanna follow?” offered Soo Hyuk.

“Ah..it’s ok Mr. Lee. Thanks anyway.” said Yongbae.

“Don’t you wanna join us?” asked Jiyong suddenly while looking deeply in Yongbae’s eyes.

“I’m sorry. Actually I’m not into clubbing. You both can go without me.” replied Yongbae.

“Come on, just once.” Jiyong insist.

“But…” Yongbae can’t finished his words when Soo Hyuk cut him off.

“Come on Yongbae. Just join us tonight.” said Soo Hyuk in stern voice.

Yongbae just slowly nod his head when notice Jiyong and Soo Hyuk staring at him while waiting for his answer.

“Good.” said Soo Hyuk short.

“Ermm…So, if there is nothing else, let me excuse myself.” said Yongbae and walk out from the room leaving the two of them alone.

 

******************************************

Yongbae looking at the crowd when they reached at the club that Soo Hyuk suggest. The loud sound of music and the coloured lights that illuminate the place makes his head feels dizzy. This is the first time he entered the place like that and as he thought, this place is not something that he enjoyed to come. They sit on the couch while observing everyone in the dance floor. Soo Hyuk already get himself into the groove and Jiyong just nodding his head following the beats. The unpleasant smells start to stink his nose which makes Yongbae can’t sit comfortably.He glance over Jiyong. That guy already fuel himself with a bottle of liquor that Yongbae never knows what it’s taste. So does Soo Hyuk, from the start that guy has blended well with the crowd and lose himself on the dance floor.

Hour and half has passed without anyone notice. People are to drunk to worried about the time. The dance floor still been crowded by various types of people. However, there is Yongbae who keeps glancing over his watch in restless.

“Did you came here often?” asked Yongbae towards Jiyong who is busy sipping his beverage.

Jiyong nodded. “This is the place where I spent the most of my time other than the office.” he admit.

“How can you stay in place like this? My eyes already sore with the surrounding. It’s give me a headache. Why people choose this place to release their stress? It makes me stress instead. Erm.. can I just go? This place really doesn’t suits me.” said Yongbae, can’t hold himself any longer.

“You don’t like it? Just grab something to drink, then you will know why people got crazy about this place.” said Jiyong with half conscious. Alcohol that he consume already affects him. Yongbae just staring at his best friend. In that state, the fact about Jiyong and Seunghyun kissed poke his mind. “You are too fragile in this state, Jiyong ah. Maybe that is why those thing happened to you.” his mind silently saying.

“Jiyong ah, I think it’s enough already. You are getting drunk. Tommorrow we are still need to work.” asked Yongbae looking at his friend with concerned.

“I’m not drunk, I’m not that weak. This thing can’t make me drunk easily.” said Jiyong while shaking his bottle but his body start to lose control and he flopped on the couch.

“See..I’ve told you that you are already drunk. Come on, let’s go home. Enough for tonight.” Yongbae try to help Jiyong to get up. But then, Soo Hyuk walk toward their couch with also in drunken state. As for Jiyong, he doesn’t mind to bring him along but for Soo Hyuk, he also can’t be left alone in that place. “Haish…what should I do? I don’t know where he live.” murmured Yongbae.Yongbae reach his phone and search for the number. Only Daesung’s name is appeared in his mind that can help him in this kind of situation.

“Hello..” Daesung voice can be heard on the phone.

“Hello, Daesung ah, it’s me Yongbae. I’m sorry calling you at this hour. I don’t know who should I call for help.” said Yongbae.

“What’s wrong? What happened to you?” asked Daesung and he sounded surprised.

“I’m with Jiyong..No, I mean I’m with Mr. Kwon and Mr. Lee at the club right now. They are totally drunk and I don’t know where they are staying. Mr. Kwon can go with me but for Mr. Lee I don’t think I can bring him along. Do you know where Mr. Lee live? Or if you have the address it would be better.” asked Yongbae.

“Why don’t you call his driver? Owh..but his driver is Japanese. Can you speak Japanese?” asked Daesung but then remember that Yongbae still struggle with language barrier. “Ah..Nevermind, I make that call for you. Just message me the name of the club and hang in there until the driver come.” added Daesung.

“Owh..Thank you so much Daesung and sorry again for bothering you at this hour.” said Yongbae before ended the call.

45 minutes later, the driver appear in front of them. He says something in Japanese but Yongbae just look at him clueless. “I’m sorry, I can’t understand Japanese. Can you speak Korean or English perhaps.” asked Yongbae.

“Nevermind. Just bring them to the car first.” that man said in English and quickly support Soo Hyuk to get up and hold that guy to his car. Yongbae follows from behind while holding Jiyong by his waist and he put Jiyong’s arm on his shoulder to support that guy from fell off and he quickly leave the club. The driver already put Soo Hyuk into the car but then he turn around to look over Yongbae.

“How about Mr. Kwon?.” he asked in Korean.

“Owh..You can speak Korean too?” asked Yongbae in surprise.

“Just a little.” answered the driver.

“Ah….we came here by Mr. Kwon’s car earlier. So, don’t worry. I can drive him home. Thank you so much for your help.” said Yongbae and bow towards the driver. The driver just nodded and leave that place after saying goodbye.

 

*****************************************

Yongbae slowly lays Jiyong’s body on the bed after they reached home. Since he never knows where Jiyong is staying, so he has no choice other than bring that guy into his home. Sometimes, Yongbae could here Jiyong’s murmured something which he don’t understand what it was. “Why did you have to be drunk like this? Did you usually live like this? Haisshh..”. Mumbles Yongbae alone.While he busily ing Jiyong’s cloth to get him change with something comfortable, that guy suddenly grab his hand.

“Mom…dad…please. I beg you for once. Just let this one slip off. Please…just this one. I cannot bear to lose him again. please…I…love…” murmured Jiyong by himself. Yongbae has been stumble in surprise by the words that he heards from Jiyong. “Huh..you asked me not to bother about it. But you are the one who is more upset thinking of it.” he said silently. He bend closer. His hand still been hold by Jiyong who is already in a deep sleep. “Sometimes, I really can’t hold myself when it’s comes to you.” whispered Yongbae while embracing Jiyong’s hair revealing that sleeping face. His eyes directly landed on Jiyong’s pouty lips that seems too moist for a guy like him. But suddenly his mind has been knocked by his sense and broke his reverie. He quickly move aside to gap himself from Jiyong’s body. His heart suddenly beating so fast that makes him inhales a deep breath. “What have I done? What did I thought just now? Huh…This is crazy…fuhhh. What’s wrong with this house tonight? it feels so hot.” Yongbae rumbling himself. Then, he realized that he still not finish changing Jiyong cloth. So, he quickly pull off Jiyong’s suits and change it with a shirts. He could sense that his hand has been shaking while doing that but he also can’t let Jiyong sleep in those stinky suit.

Yongbae landed beside Jiyong after clean himself. He turn his face to look at Jiyong who sleep peacefully without knowing what actually happened in that room. “You are the first person that makes me confused about myself. Maybe someday I will going crazy.” he whispered before he close his eyes and lose in a deep sleep. 

 

**********************************************

 

Jiyong woke up with hangover that morning. His head feels dizzy but then realized that he was in Yongbae’s house. He looks at the guy who is lying next to him. “What happened last night? Did he brought me here? I really can’t remember.” he mumbles by himself.  He step down from the bed and heading to the bathroom to clean himself.

Half an hour later, Jiyong come out from the bathroom but Yongbae still doesn’t seems to wake up. “It’s weird seeing him sleeping like that. Normally he is the one who will waking me up.” thought Jiyong. He take a look at the time. It’s already 10 o’clock in the morning. “Ehh..It’s already late. Why is he still sleeping? Did he also drunk last night?” Jiyong starts to feel anxious.

“Yongbae ah, wake up. It’s already 10 a.m. Don’t you work today?” Jiyong try to wake him up, but there is no response. Jiyong move closer. He put his palm on Yongbae’s forehead and got really surprised. “Oh my, what is wrong with you? Your body is burning up. Yongbae ah.. wake up. Are you ok? Yongbae ah..open your eyes. Are you ok?” asked Jiyong in worries.

Yongbae slowly open his eyes. “Ah..Jiyong ah. My head is aching so much and my throat..ergh..” said Yongbae in a weak voice.

“You had a fever. I think we need to go to the hospital. Can you get up?” asked Jiyong try to help Yongbae to sit straight but Yongbae’s body seems hardly moved.

“Nevermind, just lying in that bed, or perhaps you keep medicine in somewhere here, have you?” Jiyong try to search some medication that can be use in that situation but Yongbae just shook his head.

“I never buy any of it.”answered Yongbae.

“Aisshh…hang in there, I’m getting you a wet towel.” Jiyong quickly go to the kitchen and return to that room with clean towel and warm water. He carefully soak the towel and dabbing on Yongbae’s forehead and his body. “What happened last night? Why did you suddenly fall sick?”.

 

Yongbae’s phone suddenly ringing and Jiyong glance over the screen and saw Daesung’s name appeared on it. He quickly pick it up and answer.

“Hello Yongbae ah..Where have you been? I had call you so many time. Why are you still not coming?” asked Daesung in panic.

“Hello..”

“Eh..Isn’t this Yongbae’s number?” asked Daesung when realized the voice that answered the call is a different person.

“Is it Kang Daesung?” asked Jiyong.

“Erm..yes.”

“Daesung ah, this is Mr. Kwon. Yongbae is not feeling well right now. So, he will be at home. Please inform Mr. Lee as well.”

“Eh? What happened to him? He was just fine yesterday.”

“I’m not sure either. He suddenly got a fever. So, please infom Mr. Lee that we both take a leave today. ”

“Owh…ok Mr. Kwon. I will inform Mr. Lee. Don’t worry.” said Daesung.

“Thank you.” said Jiyong and ended the call.

 

While Jiyong busily rinse the towel and changing the water, he got a call from Soo Hyuk.

“Hey, I’ve been informed that both of you take a leave, what’s wrong?” asked Soo Hyuk when Jiyong pick up the phone.

“Emm..Yongbae is not feeling well, so I am here to take care of him.” replied Jiyong.

“What happened to him? He was just fine last night. But why are you with him? Did you sleep in his place?” asked Soo Hyuk curious.

“Erm…maybe I was too drunk, so I was end up in this place last night.”

“Really? But, why don’t you send him to the hospital? So, how about today’s appointment, will you come?”

“As I said, I have to be here with him. He seems so weak. I can’t leave him alone like this. About that appointment just postponed it to another time.”

“But that appointment is important, Jiyong ah. It can’t be postponed easily. You know how hard to arrange this meeting.”

“So, what you want me to do? If it can’t be postponed so you can go without me. There is more important thing I need to do here.” Jiyong started to feels annoyed when Soo Hyuk keep barking over the phone.

“Jiyong ah…”

“Stop it Soo Hyuk. I will stay with him no matter what.” said Jiyong and ended the call before Soo Hyuk says something more. “Sorry Soo Hyuk. I really can’t. This person is more important for me to take care of. Hope you will understand.” thought Jiyong alone. He walk towards Yongbae who is sleeping on his bed and laid himself beside that guy. He slowly reached Yongbae’s hand and hold it carefully. “Yongbae ah..This is the first time I see you like this. I’m not used to it. Please get well soon and stop makes me worry.” whispered Jiyong with concerned.