For Better or For Worse...

That Words...

The regretful sighed slip out from Jiyong when he realized that he had spoke out of control. A pair of eyes still staring at him intensely makes him quiver. He almost revealed the feelings that he secretly concealed for the guy in front of him. Jiyong inhaled his breath silently, praying hard that Yongbae won’t feels uncomfortable because of it.

 

Yongbae could noticed Jiyong’s hand trembling so hard when he expressed his feeling just now. So does his heart that suddenly race it’s beat. He slowly reaching Jiyong’s hand and hold it to calm him down. Jiyong’s confession has touched his heart that makes him regrets on what had been happened.

“I’m sorry, Ji. I didn’t mean to push you away. But, I have to accept that we can’t act freely like the old days. Now, it’s not just the two of us. There are a lots of things we need to consider, especially you. I don’t want you get into trouble because of me and I’m afraid if I’ll be a burden to you.” explained Yongbae.

“We have discussed about this before. You are my bestfriend and I hope you will consider me as yours. I never thought you as a burden, Yongbae. Everything about you is mattered to me. Besides, I finally found a reason to work harder…because you are there.” said Jiyong “I don’t know what Soo Hyuk has said to you. But, me too…please consider about me too. Don’t simply push me away just because people asked you to.” he added while staring deeply into Yongbae’s eyes.

Yongbae has taken back. On that moment, he doesn’t sure what feeling has knocking his heart. No words can describe how he feels right now and without noticed he grab Jiyong’s hand harder, the fear of losing rises. “No matter what, I will not let you go this time.” that words slip out between his lips that makes Jiyong startled and suddenly his smiles creeping on his lips. Yongbae quickly pull back his hand and try to hid his embarrassment when he realized his action.

“So, that’s mean we are fine, right?” asked Jiyong for confirmation.

“As always….” Yongbae return a smile.

“Good. I hope I don’t have to worry about this again.” said Jiyong and smiling brightly towards Yongbae.

 

Both of them seems relaxed while having their lunch together. A burden in their heart that they hold before they come begins to disappear after all the misunderstanding has been cleared.

“So, how’s the food taste? Is it enough for you?” asked Jiyong while looking at Yongbae who is already finished.

“Just nice. But why suddenly you bring me here instead of the place that we usually go?” asked Yongbae just want to know.

“Actually I have a meeting with another company regarding sponsorship. So, I thought it’s easier if we just come here and eat before the meeting.” replied Jiyong.

“Owh…What time you should meet that person? You don’t have to worry about me. I can return back to the office by myself.” said Yongbae while glancing over his watch.

“It’s ok. We had agreed to meet at 3.00p.m. You can join us. You also involve in this project. Besides, I hate waiting here alone. So, I prefer to spend more time with you within this hour.” Jiyong smirked.

 

**********************************

 

Yongbae sit silently beside Jiyong while that guy presenting his proposal towards the person who is he believed the owner of the hotel. Even he doesn’t really understand what the discussion is all about because it’s in Japanese, but from that side, Yongbae could see how serious Jiyong is when he dealing with business. The way he presenting the paper toward the person shows his profesionalism which he never seen before. “I think Soo Hyuk got it wrong. Jiyong actually knows what he is doing.” He thought silently.

 

“Doesn’t it’s too late to involve in this already, Mr. Kwon? Your fashion show will be held about one months from now, and the amount that you proposed is a bit higher than I expected.” said that person who introduced himself as Takumi.

“Don’t worry, if you interested on what we have been proposed, we will adjust accordingly.” replied Jiyong try to persuade.

“Actually for us, it’s seems a bit rush. We’re afraid if we can’t commit within that short period. However, let us think about it first. We will confirm back to you within this week. But, don’t put too much on hope.” that middle age man smirking towards Jiyong and take a glance towards Yongbae.

Jiyong nodding his head and force himself to smile. Even though he could feels the deal would be a failure, however he should maintain his profesionalisme in handling that kind of situation.

“Ok Mr. Takumi, kindly return back to us when you have made your decision.” he said and lend a handshake.

 

Jiyong slumped on his chair after Japanese guy leaved. A bit disappointment shows on his face and Yongbae noticed it.

“Don’t worry. It seems like you have done a good job just now. Just wait for their feedback.” he try to comfort.

“Actually I’m not worry about the budget. However, this is the first big event that our company conducts and I have met with so many people. I just want to show to my dad that I can do this on my own without depending on his influence. I had refused all the possible sponsors that he recommended just because of that. He always think that I only can be successful if I follows his order and be like him. That is why I have to prove that he is wrong. But it’s really tough indeed. Actually, when it’s involved social skills, Soo Hyuk is more convincing in this. If I can be confident just like him.” Jiyong released a heavy sighed. Yongbae caressing Jiyong’s shoulder wish to share the burden that Jiyong’s hold. “If only I can find a way to help…” his mind silently saying.

 

They leave the place after spend sometime in sharing their opinions about the project. Yongbae suddenly hooking Jiyong’s shoulder while they walk out from the hotel lobby causing a smile creeping on both face. They just want to forget anything that related to works for a while and cherish the moment of them together. Without they realizing it, there is a pair of eyes that were watching on them from a distance.

 

*******************************

 

The tense athmosphere surrounded the office when Soo Hyuk found out both of them returned together. His eyes keep glaring on Yongbae that makes Yongbae feels a bit awkward.

“Where are you coming from?” asked Soo Hyuk direct to Jiyong.

“We’re just come back from a meeting.” replied Jiyong and direct to his room. Yongbae quickly heading toward his partition and noticed that Soo Hyuk glancing over him with disgruntled face before followed Jiyong to his room.

“What meeting? With who? Why did Yongbae came along?” Soo Hyuk keep asking when they entered the room.

“We had our lunch together this afternoon, so I asked him to join the meeting.” Jiyong gazing Soo Hyuk reactions and feels a bit annoyed with his question. Hearing Yongbae’s name has been mentioned bring his curiosity once again but he hold his patient to ask the truth about him and Yongbae.

“Did he said anything?” asked Soo Hyuk. There is a worry in his tone of voice.

“About what? Is there anything that he should tell me?” asked Jiyong try to offer a bait.

“No, I’m just curious. So, what about the meeting? Who did you had a meeting with?” Soo Hyuk quickly changed the subject.

“Mr. Takumi from Hiraku Hotel, but the chances might be small. He doesn’t seems interested with our offers.” confessed Jiyong.

“Owh..about those sponsorship, you don’t have to worry about it. My father already agreed to lend some help. So, if we don’t get a new sponsor it doesn’t matter.” said Soo Hyuk in confident. Jiyong suddenly glaring at him. The way Soo Hyuk bragging make him feels burning up. “I think you had forgotten something. It’s not just about a money, Soo Hyuk. Didn’t we agreed before to try our best without any help from our parents. Don’t you trust me?” asked Jiyong staring directly to Soo Hyuk. Soo Hyuk had taken back. His mind recalled back their past, how they struggled to develop the company with fund that they had. Even though their parent had agreed to provide everything that they need in the first place but it wasn’t free. They promised to settle the debt by proving to their parents that they can do it with their own efforts. From that day, they had been very determined to achieve their goals. Soo Hyuk bring his sight down, staring on the empty floor in guilt-ridden.

“I know you must been worried for the upcoming event which just around the corner. But, as long as there is a chance, I will try my best. So, I will not just lied down waiting for them to feed me up.” confessed Jiyong.

“Ok, I will respect your decision. I didn’t mean to doubt you. But somehow, I hope there is nothing can distract your focus on these project.” explained Soo Hyuk.

“Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing.” Jiyong just staring at Soo Hyuk, as he could understand what thought that guy had in mind. He believes Soo Hyuk acted like that after he failed to present at the meeting with their sponsor last week. But, if it’s also a reason why he didn’t get along with Yongbae, he really can’t accept it. That makes him refused to hold back his curiosity.

“Is this the reason why you acted strangely when you saw me with Yongbae? You think that I will neglecting my job just because of him? Soo Hyuk, this past few days, I had noticed the awkwardness between you and Yongbae. I don’t know what actually happened but I’m concern since you both are my friends. I admit that I had overreacted last week but if you saw his condition that time, I think you will act as I did.” said Jiyong.

“Did he complained about me?” asked Soo Hyuk.

“Yongbae is not that kind of person, Soo Hyuk. However, I want to remind you, I will be responsible for every action that I take, and if you felt offended on something that I’ve done, just say directly to me. It’s nothing to do with Yongbae.” expressed Jiyong in his stern voice.

“What is special about that guy which makes you defends him like this? Sometimes, I feels like I don’t know you anymore. You’ve change a lot, Jiyong.” Soo Hyuk frowned.

“Just shut up already!!! Can you stop saying anything about him? I had enough of these. If there’s nothing else please leave me alone. There are a lots of things need to be done.” Jiyong yelled out loud that makes Soo Hyuk startled. He never been treated like that before Yongbae exist between them. Without a word he left that room with grumpy feeling.

 

“Yongbae, see me in my room!!!” Soo Hyuk stern voice makes everyone looking at him in curious. Daesung looking at Yongbae with worried. “What now?” he asked and Yongbae just shruged his shoulder before heading to Soo Hyuk’s office. He entered the room with a silence while trying to calm his nerves down.

“What are you trying to do, Yongbae?” he suddenly asked while staring fiercely towards Yongbae.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Lee. I don’t understand what do you mean?” replied Yongbae.

“What have you said to Jiyong? He never raise his voice towards me before but because of you, we had an argument.” confessed Soo Hyuk.

“I didn’t told him anything.” answered Yongbae while gazing Soo Hyuk’s reactions. “However,…since you bring this up again, I have to say this….I don’t think by keeping my distance will be the best solution for this problem. Things are getting more complicated nowadays. Either for me or you and Jiyong, three of us have been distracted by this silly things. I don’t know why are you getting angry with me. But I had noticed everything started from the day that Jiyong missed his appointment. You can blamed me for that, Mr. Lee. But, as far that I’m concerned, Jiyong didn’t just deliberately neglected his responsibilities without a reason. He must have been trusted you a lot which made him took that decision. He knew that you can handle it by yourself even without him around. Jiyong think highly of you, Mr. Lee and you also someone that I respect the most. So, for the sake of our event which is just around the corner, I really hope thing like this won’t be our obstacle.” ended Yongbae still observing Soo Hyuk, with worry starts lingering his heart. There is a minute of silence when Soo Hyuk seems lost in his deep thought.

“If there’s nothing else, let me continue my work.” said Yongbae after hear nothing from Soo Hyuk. “However, sorry for any inconvenienced that I had caused you and hope you can forgive Jiyong for that too.” said Yongbae before leaving Soo Hyuk’s office. Soo Hyuk head up staring at the empty spot where Yongbae had left.

“This kind of guy really makes me pissed off.” he grasping his fist, holding his scattered feeling.

 

********************************

 

“Hello Mr. Kwon, Takumi here.”

“Yes Mr. Takumi, how can I assist you?”

“Regarding the sponsorship that we had discussed before, I would like to inform that we had agreed to take part. But, there is changes on its amount. We should discuss further about this.”

“Owh..really? It’s okay with me. When can I meet you then?”

“How about tomorrow at 10.00 am at the same place.”

“Okay. No problem. Thank you Mr. Takumi.”

“Don’t thank me. I just carried someone wishes. See you then.”

 

Jiyong can’t hide his excitement after the call has been ended and quickly reached for Yongbae who is busy in the kitchen preparing their dinner.

 

“Good news, good news, good news…” he shouted while running towards Yongbae.

“What is it? Hey…don’t run in the kitchen!! You can slip off.” Yongbae just shook his head while looking at Jiyong who is grinning widely towards him.

“Mr. Takumi, he said he had agreed to be our sponsor. Tomorrow we will meet again to discuss further. Even though he said there are some changes need to be done, but still hope for a great news from him.

“Really? So, congratulations. I’ve told you that you have done a good job.” Yongbae tapping on Jiyong’s shoulder, sharing the happiness together.

“So, will you go with me tomorrow?” asked Jiyong, hoping.

“Erm…I think it’s better if you go with Soo Hyuk.” reply Yongbae. His soft gaze landed on Jiyong, when notice a changes on his face.

“Don’t take me wrong. I think Soo Hyuk is more reliable to handle this thing with you. As you said, he is good in negotiation. I really hope everything will going well. If I go, there is not much help I can give.” explained Yongbae.

“But…” Jiyong released a heavy sighed. Thinking what had been happened betweed him and Soo Hyuk earlier bring uneasy feeling.

“Don’t worry. Everything gonna be alright. Trust me.” Yongbae hold Jiyong’s hand, try to encourage him.

Jiyong forcing his smile while looking at Yongbae, shove his worry with pray hoping tomorrow will be better.