Hope...

That Words...

Yongbae looking at Dara who is being silent but his finger busy curling the tissue paper in front of her. There is a burden clearly showed on her face makes Yongbae eagerly to know better.

“How long have you known Jiyong?” asked Yongbae.

“Long enough…from his childhood. We had grown up together since my father worked as a driver for his father.” answered Dara.

“ Did you know that Jiyong interested in a guy?” Yongbae can’t hold himself to dig the truth.

Dara look at him directly. Her gaze makes Yongbae flustered.

 “Jiyong isn’t gay, Yongbae. Maybe you had misunderstood about him and Seunghyun.” said Dara.

“If not how come they could shared a kiss.” said Yongbae. His face changed. Thinking about that makes him feel annoyed.

“They were drunk Yongbae. Their mind were not in the conscious state to think straight.” Dara try to back up.

“But  why Jiyong stalked him for years if he has no feeling toward that guy. It  must be weird for a guy to keep following another guy, isn’t it?” asked Yongbae while holding his anger.

“That’s all related with his past.” said Dara.

“What actually happened in his past? You keep mentioning about his past which I really don’t know what it was.” said Youngbae with grumpy feeling.

Dara inhale a deep breath before release it slowly.

“As you can see from how Jiyong has been raised up, you can guess how rich is his family, isn’t it? Jiyong is the only son and as the heir of his family, everyone being overprotective toward him.  From his childhood, his parents didn’t let him be friend with anyone. Only certain people can get close to him. There were many times his father locked him in the room because he sneak out to play with his friends. Until there was one day, Jiyong came back from his school with bruises on his face and body. His father asked him where did he get all of that but Jiyong just keep silent. That matter became serious because his father went to his school to complain and asked the school administrator to drop out the student who put the harm on Jiyong.. However, Jiyong keep saying that was his fault and he accidentally injured himself when he fell down. His father didn’t  believed it, so that he decided to hire private teacher to teach Jiyong at home. That makes Jiyong lose his freedom because there was no reason for him to go out anymore.  Lucky me, because my father work with his family so I get the chance to know him.  My father was responsible to send him to school and pick up when school was finished. Since, we went to the same school, my father always fetch us together. Even though Jiyong was cheerful person but he always express his feeling of being lonely. That is why we are close because Jiyong only have me to tell everything. Since he didn’t get the chance to go out, and in his house only consist the adult, so I am the one who can help him to reduce his boredom. After school I went to his house to play with him and his sister, Dami.” Dara released a sighed. Yongbae just patiently waiting for Dara to explain further.

“They move to Japan after that but nothing change. Jiyong still under his father controlled. Until Jiyong in his teen age, his father brought him to attend company function, so that Jiyong can socialized with upper level people, exposing to the business which his father conduct and give Jiyong opportunity to learn business as well. Even though Jiyong didn’t has interest in that kind of thing. But then, he get to know Seunghyun from one of the  function that he attended and for the first time in his life his father didn’t object about him being friend with that guy. For Jiyong who always being guarded by his family bodyguard, were so happy because whenever he mention about Seunghyun his father will let him out by himself. That is why Jiyong always stay in front of Seunghyun’s house, to gain his freedom of being alone without someone guarded him. Jiyong always said that Seunghyun must be felt the same as he does….lonely and have to be alone. So, that’s what makes Jiyong decided to help him encounter the loneliness which he knows the best.” explained Dara and quickly holding her drinks and sipping it slowly.

“But, he said before he attracted to Seunghyun because of his fashion style and still….4 years is not a short term.” Yongbae interrupt, feeling a bit uneasy.

“Yes, that was one of the reason why Jiyong attracted to him at first, he really love fashion. But Jiyong knew he never get the chance to be friend with him because of his father. But, when he met Seunghyun again at the party and his father didn’t stop him, he felt relieved. For someone who had been controlled over years, and suddenly get a way to be free, can you imagined what he felt Yongbae? Jiyong just want to have someone that he can called a friend, and from all the person who he had met,  only Seunghyun got the approval from his father. But, the more he got to know Seunghyun, the more he want to know about his past and the mysterious person which Seunghyun keep in his thought. Jiyong once asked me trough the phone back then,… “How does it feel to have someone precious that makes us think about them every second? I really envy Seunghyun.”…maybe that was the reason all of these happened. But, please believe in me..Jiyong isn’t gay, Yongbae.” said Dara, try to clear up the situation.

“How can I know? Even though what had you told me is the truth, but I can’t ensure that he isn’t gay at all.” said Yongbae, still being stubborn.

“Why? Did he done something to you?” asked Dara.

“It’s not what I mean…..” Yongbae lost his word. He knows that Jiyong never treats him badly, not like Seunghyun ever did. But, maybe the trauma had been haunted him for years makes him became more cautious.

“It’s up to you to decide Yongbae. But, I just want to tell you…you are the only friend that he really attached to. I really hope that you two can get along. Here, this is Jiyong’s phone number in case you  want to contact him. It still not late to settle everything.” Dara written down Jiyong’s phone number on the tissue and slide it to Yongbae.

Yongbae hold that tissue and stare on it for a while. Mix feeling still linger in his heart. Relieves when see those number but still feels bad about what had been happen.

“So, that’s it. I have to go. Hope you can make your decision wisely.” Dara stand up and leave Yongbae who is still staring those number.

“Ermm..Dara…..Thank you.” said Yongbae before Dara’s figure lost from his eyesight and Dara just wave her hand and smile.

 

Yongbae landing on his bed while holding his phone. The piece of paper that consist Jiyong’s number already in his grasp. “Should I call him? Is it the suitable time to make this call? What if he doesn’t want to talk to me? What should I say to him? It is not that we have special relationship or something…..ah…maybe I call him next time…” Yongbae put down the paper to the side and try to close his eyes. Even thought he eagerly want to hear that voice again but his feeling still not ready for it. Everything makes him worried and he can’t deny the embarrassment once he thinking about what he had said to him before. So, he hold that feeling deep in his heart until he falls to sleep without even try to dial that number.

 

JIYONG POV

He lying on his bed and looking at the picture in his laptop. The phone still on his grasp after having a long conversation with Dara just now. What Dara had told him makes his heart flutter. His heart start to blooming with happiness knowing that Yongbae still care about him, however at the same time still being worried if everything just false hope. “Will Yongbae give me a call? Does he really thinking about me? Should I make the call first?...no..I should just wait. If he really want to talk to me, he will call me first.” thought Jiyong silently. His eyes focus on their picture together. Every time he saw those picture, it will remind him the good time they had spend before. The word can’t describe how he miss that moment so much. When he decided to return back to Japan he really want to met Yongbae for the last time hoping that Yongbae could change his mind. However he thought it will be a burden for Yongbae and he also afraid if he would be frustrated by himself.

It’s almost midnight and Jiyong glance to his phone screen for the last time. “Maybe he will call me next time…” murmured Jiyong alone when nothing appeared on that screen. He slowly close his eyes while his mind full with thought about Yongbae. He is afraid to put some hope but still that hope never leave him restless. He really hope that one day he will hear the voice that he waiting for. That night just passed by with little prayer in his heart.