Grade 8

(infinite/gyuwoo) Tree Hugger

GRADE 8 

 

That sunbae now got in to new level, The president of student council.

 

 

Woohyun knew for such a long time that this role was made for him. All the teachers, juniors, seniors, or even his new friend Lee Sungyeol, seems like all of he’s adore this student president much as he always dragged him to his class without knowing that there was some past he didn’t want to tell.

 

But Sunggyu sunbae was really be like a smoke, much more annoying than fog and sometimes he caused why Woohyun can barely breathe.

 

Sungyeol liked to starring at Sunggyu sunbae. He had an idea about the man who has no eyes and it all because he wanted to win over him or being Sunggyu’s copycat —In a good way, not like that everyone else was thinking.

 

“Do you what is his favorite food by the way? Why he really has no eyes?” Sungyeol whispered to Woohyun in the line.

 

“I saw him never had one for ages.”

 

“For ages?”

 

“Ages.”

 

“Since when actually?”

 

“I already forgot about it.”

 

“What the hell—” 

 

Woohyun talked less and Howon who sat infant of them both said nothing, too. Sungyeol who just moved in and not knowing anything much.

 

“And you, Howon?”

 

Me?” His bold eyebrows suddenly up.

 

“Could you tell me about that sunbae?”

 

“You like him?”

 

“No, It’s just a feeling of something, good. Adoring.” Sungyeol’s mouth is down but “He looks like a good man, It might be amazing if I could make him a loser.”

 

“Isn’t this too much?”

 

“Well, think about it carefully. He’s the leader since Grade 3? I’m not sure I just heard that girls were talking about it yesterday and now he’s the student president, his results are always amazing. Do you still imagine he’s one of us?”

 

“He might just pay more attention than others.”

 

“I don’t care about that. I just want to be a winner against him.”

 

“Anything?”

 

“Anything.”

 

 

 

 

Woohyun saw two people stand straight starring each other in the middle of the stadium. They might doing something Woohyun didn’t want to know but there was a smile on Howon face.

 

“Why do you smiling like that?”

 

“Nothing. Just walk in.”

 

Sungyeol and that sunbae were talking to each. They seemed like a junior and senior but there’s something on his face too, the one who once was giving Woohyun a smile gone.

 

“What do you think?” Sungyeol, junior, asked him like that. Sunggyu knew about him before, about Woohyun’s new friend and all his new life.

 

“I don’t think about anything.”

 

“Please, bet you want to know.” Woohyun coming closer. Sunbae’s face stay still, he might be good at poker face too. 

“If you Woohyun run to me, You gotta by me an ice-cream. But if Woohyun run to you, I’ll buy you one.”

 

Sunggyu had not deal with him yet but Woohyun’s here. His eyes showed nothing except nothing. Sunggyu felt deep hollow as weird as he never felt it before. It was their first encounter since two years ago.

 

“Woohyun.” Sungyeol called his name and he likely scored when Woohyun kinda walking straightly to him.

 

“Woohyun.” That sunbae called his name, too. Woohyun stopped walking and looked back to one who stood in other direction. After Valentine’s day he never showed his face up and he could never knew that Woohyun did not want to see his face again.

 

A minute passed by with Woohyun’s steps to Sungyeol. When he turned back to see his face he already caught up to beside his friend. “Yeah?” He replied as his face looked so stable.

 

“Nothing.” He stepped back without turning his body. His eyes showed Woohyun’s face until it’s far from Woohyun’s sight. “I’m Sorry.” He said with his voice as light as a feather but Woohyun could read him.

Woohyun fell down on his knees. Same knees, even if there’s a scar from any accident but it’s still here. His knees never left him like some people did.

 

“Goodbye Gyu sunbae…” 

His knees heard it clearly.