part vii

#idiot

part vii


 

one might know that there was something terribly wrong with them if they wanted to major in something grand and useful to this era because all of the coursework and studying leaves one with no time to spare just for fun or more importantly, sleeping.

that was exactly how jeon wonwoo felt on one hot saturday morning after his alarm woke him up for his routine workout.

except.. wonwoo had a massive headache.

a headache that wasn’t produced from studying.

he definitely remembered sleeping with his clothes on, but.. why was there not a trace of them on his body?

wonwoo looked around his surroundings sleepily, hazily taking in the scattered articles of clothing around the room and three bottles of opened and completely emptied chardonnay, a boy seated on the couch in the room (completely passed out with his head leaned back and lips parted. maybe he was breathing? wonwoo couldn’t tell from where he was.), amber somewhere in the corner wearing one of mingyu’s oversized shirts (wonwoo swore he bought that specifically for mingyu. why the hell did she even have it on?), and a complete mess of blankets that were covering him.

to wonwoo’s left on the bedside table was a piece of paper with writing that even he couldn’t comprehend at the moment from being so confused about why his room was so trashed.

to wonwoo’s right, to his utter surprise, was kim mingyu, arms wrapped around his waist and face so.. at peace as the sun’s rays from the window highlighted his features just right: from the way his jawline was brightened and accentuated to the way his messy bangs fell just above his lids, lips slightly parted to allow him to breathe softly.

wonwoo’s few seconds of admiring were cut off by the groaning boy at the couch whose body slowly fell to the side until he flopped onto the floor and startled amber awake with his cry of pain.

“!”

mingyu’s lashes fluttered open at the disturbance and the obvious bickering that was initiated between the two bodies who seemed to have spent the night uncomfortable, whereas the waking boy got the honor to sleep with wonwoo.

perched on the bedside table as well was a video camera, wonwoo noticed after looking around with a more alert mind, picking the device up and frowning at the red light that still indicated that it was recording. he pressed stop and looked between the three people who were yawning and stretching and exercising their mouths in a verbal fight about things that wonwoo couldn’t comprehend.

“look at what you did, ambro. you woke them up!”

“excuse me, you . i wasn’t the one crying on the floor just now.”

“it was your fault! why did you think i could drink that much?!”

wonwoo found some beer cans under his pillow.

“um. wasn’t it you begging and pleading to drink with us?”

“actually no, it wasn’t. mom just said to take me with you wherever you were going today and here i am. you peer pressured me into it.”

amber rolled her eyes. “why do you exist, oh my god.”

“mom and dad ed up with you, so they tried again and made perfection.”

“… you litTLE . COME HERE—”

whiles the two bickering siblings dealt it out in a rather violent mess of wrestling and yells, mingyu sat up next to wonwoo and leaned his check against the other’s shoulder with eyes still trying to adjust to the environment. “w-what happened here?”

“you tell me,” wonwoo murmured in his low morning voice – that successfully made shivers crawl down mingyu’s spine at the addicting bass that was emitted so early in the morning – before showing the camera to mingyu, “why was this on?”

“hm? oh, something about amber’s brother wanting to know how he was when he was drunk.” mingyu yawned as he completely sat up and took the camera, unable to deny the small tingles he felt when his fingertips brushed along wonwoo’s, “but , man, i don’t even remember what happened last night.”

“neither do i,” wonwoo frowned as he leaned against mingyu’s arm, looking over at the screen that mingyu had begun to watch from the beginning.

 

june 04 2016  23:17

if one were to watch the video, they would see the camera pointed toward the arm of a sleek black modern couch as if the camera was carelessly being held without notice that anything was being recorded.

“yah! what’re you doing with that?!” amber’s voice boomed.

“i never drank before so i might as well record the moment!” the other boy’s voice shouted back.

the camera was lifted and turned around, giving a beautiful and ethereal view of the camera holder. his smile was a thousand watts bright that caused his eyes to almost disappear with his eye smile. his fingers came up to ruffle through his mostly blond ombre from black hair a bit nervously, more of a distraction coming from the way his face was structured so nicely and aesthetically as he checked himself out first before an exhale was heard from his lips.

“yo, hansol. today is.. (he squinted to look at the timestamp at the bottom right corner of the screen) june fourth and ambrosephine was forced to take her little ray of sunshine brother to her boyfriend’s apartment. it might only be because i’m home for summer break and apparently mom and dad didn’t want us there. probably gonna have or whatever. (he shrugs, and from the side came a “YAH” from the mentioned sister for sharing so much information). wonwoo hyung!”

“what—”

“say hi!” hansol smiled as the camera was pivoted to show jeon wonwoo at his desk, dawned with glasses and a tired expression as he blinked blankly at the camera and dipped his head a little toward it.

“oh come on, you robot. say something!”

“uh. h-hello? who exactly am i saying hello to?”

mingyu held a hand up to snort behind. “you’re a dork, wonwoo.”

“i was ing studying.” wonwoo growled.

“you’re saying hi to all of my future fans. kidding. just to future me. you know, i’ve lived a horribly innocent life sheltered by parents who won’t allow us anywhere near alcohol so.. this is a milestone.”

“well.. i’m proud of you and all but child please i’m in the middle of—”

“ah, boy gyu!”

“i wasn’t done talking, you .”

“yeah but you’re boring and you’re studying.”

“did someone call for me?”

mingyu chuckled and earned a small punch to the side from wonwoo.

“what? it’s true! you’re so boring and monotonous when you’re studying.”

“you’re supposed to defend me, not add more fire to the flame!”

“you know you still love me.”

“whatever, .”

the camera could be seen being pulled away to welcome mingyu into the screen, all smiles and hair styled as he saluted to the screen. the view would be lifted, wonwoo disappearing off to the corner as the only two occupants of the screen were mingyu and hansol.

“are you ready for an epic game of mash tonight?!”

“hansol, i swear, sometimes i think you forget you’re in college.” mingyu laughed with a roll of his eyes.

“amber agreed to it though.”

“i’m pretty sure she said yes to anything you requested to shut you up about the excitement of the alcohol world.”

“it’s seriously a shame that i have not had a sip of the beautiful grape mix for all of these years.”

“you aren’t even legal to drink.”

“neither are you!”

“and this is why you have such great girlfriends, bestfriends and sisters like wonwoo and i to buy you little s alcohol.” amber popped up between the two and smiled  as she wrapped her arms around mingyu’s neck and reached up to press an obnoxious kiss to mingyu’s cheek, causing the boy to smile brightly.

“and who might this slu—”

“i dare you to finish that, hansol, i ing do.”

“how many guys did you date before our precious little mingyu?”

“i swear—”

the camera shifted to the left a little, indicating that it was handed off before hansol disappeared in a run with amber following after in a yelling banter, causing the camera holder to laugh as he looked back at the camera and fixed his hair a little.

“hansol, if you’re still alive and watching this in the future, i gotta bless you for dealing with that side of her for me. thanks, man.”

wonwoo couldn’t help but to nitpick and notice the way mingyu brightened up when amber was pressed up against him like that, the way that kiss to the cheek was almost like a stab to the heart (because he rationed that they felt the same), the way he could literally envision mingyu’s arm wrapped around her waist.

oh wait.

he just remembered that.

he remembered peeking over his shoulder at the crowd that didn’t leave him at peace, right at the moment that mingyu pulled amber closer to his side, and the same ache that he felt watching the video was relapsed from what he felt just a day ago.

“damn, ever wondered how hansol’s managed to escape alive everyday?” mingyu chuckled as he turned his head to the spaced out puppy, who had more important issues going on in his mind.

“huh. what. oh. yeah yeah yeah.” wonwoo agreed without knowing what was asked, and when there was too long of a pause, he looked up to meet mingyu’s waiting eyes.

how he regretted the way his eyes flickered from his eyes to his lips that were so close to his own, and it was mingyu’s voice that pulled him out of the reverie that consisted of wonwoo leaning in.

“am i that bad?”

“you’re worse, gyu.”

the video was fast-forwarded to a particular moment where hansol, who had gotten a hold of the camera again within the timeskip, was putting the camera down where wonwoo had found it the next morning, angling it toward the bed where all four of them were perched on with a notebook and pen in their hand and three bottles of wine between wonwoo and mingyu.

“so.. mash…” amber frowned at her brother who nodded rather excitedly.

“yeah! so here’s how we’ll play. each of us will take turns playing and list the perfect ‘relationship’ that we want. for every wrong prediction in each of the four categories is one.. nah, let’s make it two. two drinks.”

“seems pretty fair,” mingyu nodded as he swayed from side to side.

wonwoo stopped him by jabbing a finger to his side.

“i guess i’ll start then,” amber mused as she wrote out ‘mash’ on the top of the paper and wrote her four names of boys that interested her, where she’d want to live with them, how many children she wanted to have and her future job.

“alright, i think,” amber started while tapping her pen to her lips, “i’ll marry jeonghan.. (cougar, coughed hansol, who immediately ducked form amber’s powerful slap) and live in an apartment in gangnam with him. we’ll have.. two kids and i’ll be a botanist. (hansol snorted, hiding behind wonwoo when she almost attempted to hit him again)”

she had wonwoo draw her spiral until she said stop, counting up fifteen lines as she began her process of elimination.

“oh.. , looks like i’m living in california. again,” amber frowned when the location was determined, “oh! i got jeonghan though! heh. um… two kids too! but a bus driving career, what the kind of bull is that, i..”

“looks like you’ll be living in a shack too.” wonwoo pointed out when the ‘mash’  elimination was also determined, earning her a loud roar of laughter from the sadistic brother of hers and a pat on the shoulder by mingyu when she fell back into the bed in distress.

“that’s.. six drinks for the lovely liu.” hansol smiled too brightly as he served up the order, amber begrudgingly downing glass after glass of the alcohol before death glaring him. “ this game—”

“no no no,” mingyu shook his head as he looked between everyone, “i think that this would be a great game to play, don’t you, woo?”

“i don’t want your girlfriend to kill me.”

“amber would never kill you, wonwoo.” mingyu nudged the frowning boy.

“you don’t know the things she says when you’re not around. i’d rather not.”

the video was fast-forwarded again for a few minutes until a view of a depressed hansol and a more than ecstatic amber clapping like a seal came up, the video playing onward from that point.

“that’s ten beautiful beautiful beautiful drinks for my lovely brother~” amber chimed in a sing song voice as she did the honors of pouring into all ten glasses that were present, mingyu looking quite amused and mouthing ‘tough luck’ to hansol while wonwoo could only shrug his shoulders to the boy.

“i can’t believe this.”

“you better believe it.” amber laughed. “drink up, my precious hansollie!”

hansol growled at the pet name before looking at the liquid in the glass, downing the alcohol with a pinch in his face from how it tasted for the first time. it took a good five seconds for the liquid to settle well with him as he picked up and downed the next five quite easily. it wasn’t until he reached for the seventh one that the nausea seemed to have kicked in as the next thing he knew, he acquainted the ground as he fell over and off of the bed. the other three peeked from above at hansol, who was blissfully out of it.

“you know.. he lasted longer than i thought.” mingyu affirmed as he casually accepted the twenty dollar bill that wonwoo passed with a small growl from losing the bet they had set.

“poor hansol. i’m sure he had a good few seconds while they lasted,” and that was all amber allotted for time of concern before she opened up one of the other full bottles and began to drink straight from the rim, offering some to mingyu who coolly rejected in favor of drinking from wonwoo’s bottle instead.

within no time, amber was a flushed mess rambling on about another girl, luna, on campus who wouldn’t stop bothering her but still thought that she was the prettiest little flower she ever laid her eyes on, occasionally would start to sing random songs from ten years ago with an accompaniment of hansol, who right after gaining consciousness began to drink from amber’s bottle and attempted to rap about how handsome and able and perfect jeon wonwoo was in which mingyu gladly cut short with the throwing of a pillow tp his face, as they sang their souls out to bohemian rhapsody.

wonwoo and mingyu enjoyed the show that was put on before them as they sighed in content, the alcohol never ending as wonwoo pulled out two cans of their usual beer, one for his bestfriend, and they shared their belated ritual.

“hey… hey. hey, uh.. hey wonwoo?” mingyu slurred a bit, the more sober boy only responding with a hum as he smoothed some of the beer down his throat.

“why did i invite my girlfriend over…”

wonwoo’s brow rose as he looked at mingyu. “you… you begged her to come over, though. why are you asking me?”

“because.. because i feel like right now, you know? you’re.. you’re taking your summer classes and you’re studying all of the time and i know that you’ll be done in a few weeks and i have to wait before dragging you around to do stupid with you and i.. i know you like to sleep in or exercise or whatever on saturdays but you can’t even sleep right now to prepare for your off day and , i mi—”

“babe!”

mingyu was cut off by amber, who was currently standing in front of the foot of the bed with what looked like vomit on her shirt.

“how did you.. did you not make it to the bathroom?” mingyu frowned.

“i tried. i really did! but hansol was in there doing something and i just.. yeah..”

“just grab one of my shirts or something.”

amber smiled and waddled off to mingyu’s room soon after, leaving the two more sober boys on the bed, cloaked by silence that ensued between them.

 

“mingyu, you let her wear the signed shirt i got for you?” wonwoo asked in a hurt tone as he fiddled with his fingers.

“i didn’t know she picked that shirt out of all of them, okay?” mingyu sighed, uncomfortable with wonwoo in this kind of state as he set the camera down and ruffled through wonwoo’s hair rather affectionately, making the other tug his lips upward a little at the attention he received.

“i’ll chase them out of here later so you can sleep, hm?” mingyu murmured between the two of them as wonwoo nodded softly and removed the cans from under his pillow (no wonder he felt his head throb since alcohol never made him feel that way).

“hey, wonwoo! mingyu! you’re awake!” hansol exclaimed, groaning right after from the way his body felt from several hours ago.

“yeah, we are,” mingyu chuckled as he rubbed his eye. “where’s amber?”

“taking a shower. she said she’ll wash that shirt—”

“NO. no. no no no. i’ll take care of it. that can’t be washed in a machine.”

“whatever, mister grumps,” hansol shrugged.

“hansol.. why am i ?” wonwoo deadpanned with his dark eyes bored into the mentioned boy’s.

“you complained that it was really hot, and mingyu was already sleeping so i kept you from sleeping completely .”

“how early did we knock out…”

“probably at three?”

“and you—”

“uh… an hour later.”

“ah.”

“well, looks like i have to make breakfast, hm?” wonwoo sighed after a pregnant silence as he threw his legs over the bed and stood up, revealing his toned body to both mingyu, whose seen it enough times to appreciate the fact he's already seen him in his glory many times, and hansol, who was practically drooling over wonwoo’s build.

“wonwoo, why the are you single, holy ,” hansol spoke with no filter, reaching out to touch wonwoo’s abs only to be throw to the ground by another perfect hit to his face no thanks to mingyu’s pillow throwing skills.

“i’d tap you so fast,” hansol continued in a muffled voice under the pillow, “oh my god, let’s go out.”

“uh, no thanks, hansol.” wonwoo patted the fallen boy’s crotch in consolidation, “you have something called a girlfriend back at seoul national. don’t even try to test if you’re biual with me, hm?”

with that comment, wonwoo stepped over hansol and shuffled into the kitchen with a snickering mingyu following behind him, leaving the floor-bound boy to think about his relationship in spite of getting a chance with wonwoo.

had mingyu and wonwoo watched the camera footage to this point, they would have watched themselves, approximately five hours ago, gaze at each other with such radiating affection in their eyes that caused them to slowly inch toward one another, lips a mere breath away from each other and noses brushing along each other’s in a sweet and cute moment that smelled of the vanilla alcohol and felt so much like love.

 


okay it's like 4:30am atm i will beta this when i wake up because i was writing and getting distracted and i didn't want to stop the flow of this by sleeping. this is so long oh my god 3.2k. pats myself on the back. oblivious meanie is so stressful to write like i want them togETHER ALREADY BUt they're so dumb and their timing is . until next time, my loves! i'll probably update in two or three days or something. or even again tomorrow. it depends. and no jun this time. oh hoh hoh. comments and rants would be lovely, yes.