part v

#idiot

part v


 

it was exactly like mingyu to drag wonwoo to a café in another country, the occurrence of this happening two days after the nightclub scene that was never brought up to each other, wonwoo still in a daze that he now keeps in contact with junhui meanwhile mingyu feeling completely salty about what he saw that night. hey, he couldn’t help it. wonwoo was his bestfriend, and if that meant that he had to mother and monitor his every action, then he damn will from now on.

“mingyu, what even.” wonwoo frowned as he took the seat opposite from the mentioned boy, their booth giving them a lovely scene of a man who was being bashed in the head by some girl – maybe girlfriend? or a side chick – with a bouquet.

“you know me,” and sadly wonwoo does, “i must enjoy exotic tastes whenever i travel to new and vast lands.”

“you mean when you go to jeju or busan, huh.”

“well—”

“i know, i know. ‘but this is a different place, hyung! this is china! this is the absolute best place for everything that we don’t have because it’s so authentic here~!’ oh god, if only you were an anime character or something.” wonwoo snickered behind his hand. “where are all of those extra sparkles and rose pedals and that should be flying around you right now?”

“you’re a .” mingyu deadpanned as wonwoo laughed out loud, but he couldn’t regret being the sole reason for that smile that appeared on his face for those few seconds.

“thanks. you made me this way.” was all wonwoo could fit in before he noticed that there was a pair of eyes staring at him. both he and mingyu simultaneously turned their heads to the source that made them feel all prickly as they had been watched by a male dawned in a barista’s uniform, pencil in hand at the ready to jot down orders though he looked completely out of it.

he looked at wonwoo, then at mingyu, who each looked at each other as well before turning back to look at the brunette who had his eyed laid on them.

“koreans.”

mingyu blinked.

wonwoo parted his lips.

“oh my god, you guys are koreans,” the brunette finally smiled in relief, playing a bit of an overdramatic reaction as he pressed the pad to his chest and exhaled too loudly for his comfort, “finally! i have worked here for over a year now and you can’t even begin to believe the amount of times i’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting for some fellow koreans to finally show up at this café! it’s not the same when it’s a chinese person who happens to know the language but.. you guys are like.. the real deal. like.. you smell like seoul, for crying out loud. ah, seoul.” the barista sighed dreamily as he looked outside at the sky and its nothingness and smiled, “the place i moved to in aspiration of becoming an artist of lyrical compositions. that is.. until they kicked me out of the academy, but i like to think that’s it’s because i was too good for them. totally not because i burned the kitchen down. hah. nope, not it. so here i am, banned from korea forever, trying to make it in beijing as a cute little barista boy. so!” he looked between the two men and held his pad and pencil again at the ready, “what can i get for you?”

mingyu blinked once more.

wonwoo couldn’t hold back the small snicker, a small murmur of ‘cute’ escaping his lips as he glanced down at the monochromatic design of the table.

“i— wait. are you seriously banned from korea, though?”

“according to my father, yes,” the boy started again with folded arms, “it isn’t fair being a little boy born in jeju island only to be kicked out of the country. something about him being ashamed to be even in the same country as him or another. meh. my mom pretty much threatened to file a divorce because of that, so she’s here with me because i’m only seventeen and.. i got a few dollars. not enough to completely pay for the apartment, the food, the bills, oh and the necessities for my puppy, oh dear—”

“SEUNGKWAN.”

“—”

the boy – now formally known as seungkwan – straightened himself up and looked toward his angered manager with scared eyes, wonwoo and mingyu peeking as well since this whole scene was just too funny for them to pass up as the tall and somewhat decently maybe exaggerating when described as muscular male came up to show the barista the frown dawned on his lips.

“what did i specifically say about stirring up personal conversations with the customers?”

seungkwan sighed, “only do it when you don’t want them to give us a bad rating or to distract them from the spilled beverage.”

“are these customers fitting under any of those categories?”

“… no.”

“then get their order and let them enjoy their date, okay?”

“oh, no no no this is not a date.” mingyu was quick to intervene with widened eyes.

“please, we’re just roommates and i’m the unlucky one who was dragged out of the hotel,” wonwoo chimed in, waving his hands in front of himself to definitely indicate that nothing about this was a date.

the manager, wu yifan from what the nametag read, seemed all too skeptical about the situation, as did seungkwan.

“are you ing kidding me?” yifan snorted, poking at the article of clothing dawned on wonwoo, “maybe you should say that again when you two aren’t wearing couple sweaters and shoes. oh, and hats. and are those matching rings on your fingers as well?”

for someone who was supposed to be nice to all employees and customers alike, this manager seemed all too sarcastic for his own pleasure and good, leaving poor seungkwan a bit defenseless as he couldn’t add more salt to the wound nor defend the ‘couple’.

“we’ll have two white chocolate mochas. to go.” wonwoo frowned, earning a snicker from yifan who led his little duckling of a barista back toward the counter.

“why are we matching today, though?” wonwoo inclined his head toward mingyu, who was now noticeably reddening much to wonwoo’s surprise. since when did mingyu ever blush? why was he blushing? where did he learn how to do something so unmanly but nonetheless cute?

“i..” mingyu started before looking up at the curious male with a slight smile, “i didn’t want to lose you on the sidewalk, you know? a lot of people walk and.. what if we get separated or something?”

lame.

“hm. i’ll believe you.”

as they walk out of the building each holding their orders, mingyu never comes around to confessing the real reason he took wonwoo to that café, and wonwoo never mentions how absolutely adorable mingyu blushing was.

 


well seungkwan wasn't exactly a date ordeal but they still met and wonwoo still thought it was cute so i thought why not. heh. ugh i feel like this was too short too. filler. noooooo i should stop with the fillers. still trying to write the next chapter though. weeps. thank you for staying with this mess to see where mingyu and wonwoo will go. and my junwoo feels are transferring into more chapters hELP