part i

#idiot

part i


 

coffee shops were way too cliché for jeon wonwoo.

he knew this ever since his best friend had begun binging on dramas one rainy afternoon in march, the two roommates housebound from how horrible the spring rains were. every damn scene that was playing on the tv involved woman ‘a’ and man ‘a’, awkward atmosphere at its finest as they never seem to touch the beautifully made coffee that was always set in front of them.

what was the point of ordering and not drinking? drama logic never made sense, but wonwoo wouldn’t dare to argue with his companion on that, knowing that he would lose on the account that he doesn’t expose himself to the fantasy world of second lead syndrome and such.

this was why he couldn’t seem to understand why the date he was set up for was at the exact same location, two mochas set in front of the two males as wonwoo’s eyes were fixated on the pattern that was on his cup. he tuned out the other male’s voice, something about how religion was corrupting the teens of today or something like that.

to be honest, he couldn’t care less.

wonwoo didn’t dislike the meet-up – the date, mingyu had drilled into his head – which he had with this man. his face was carved by god’s hands, and he couldn’t lie about how handsome he was. there was something about his smile that allured the school girls at the table next to his, the stare that seemed to swoon them more than himself. it was like this man to give them a small nod of acknowledgement, this enthusiast who was only known more for his amazing looks and charisma than his work.

he gave small nods to the opinions, not aware that his thoughts had nestled themselves in the void full of late night movies and laughter that echoed the apartment. something about that was more interesting than the chiseled model he was lucky enough to share this time with, but he shook out of that when he heard the repetition of his name.

“hey, are you okay? you seem to be out of it.”

“what.” wonwoo blinked, quickly shaking his head. “i’m fine. i’m just.. thinking about how i could help in advocating your cause. I feel as if you have a chance in succeeding whatnot with the way you’ve even swayed me.”

the other male – hong jisoo to be exact – rang a melodious laughter that turned many many heads toward the two of them. well, more so toward jisoo, to be exact. despite the attention he captured and the hushed praises he got for his features, the male continued on with whatever he was talking about now.

jeon wonwoo figured that not all café dates were as cliché as they were portrayed, but he wasn’t as enticed as mingyu said he would be.

“what? the hong jisoo couldn’t budge your heart for a second date?” mingyu snorted as he opened a can of beer, handing it over to the sighing boy before opening one of his own and taking a swig of it. they were at home, the hour hand barely signaling eleven at night as they commenced their daily drinking routine.

“he couldn’t even excite me down there. well no, i take that back,” wonwoo sat up, elbows resting on his knees as he looked back to the other, “his voice is pure honey. , if i could date his voice, i would. i just.. don’t like what he sounds out.”

wonwoo frowned, fingers threading through mingyu’s hair who had rested it on the elder’s shoulder. “too much politics, not enough fun. i suppose it’s fun for him, but who wants to hear about that in bed? or everyday for that matter—”

“you’re so picky,” mingyu laughed, taking a sip here and there as he swirled the liquid in the can. “and dense. oh my god, you’re so dense. how could you reject every single person that confessed to you in high school?”

“that’s high school, mingyu. this is college. they’re more mature here.”

“you’re still picky as even then!”

“well maybe i don’t want a relationship!”

mingyu stared at the dark haired boy for a second. two seconds. three. “you lying . that’s not what you were whining about last month.”

last month. february. the unanimously acclaimed month of love in which symbolized affection between two people who were quote unquote in love with each other. a month in which cued a depressed jeon wonwoo who was more than bothered about every damn couple that passed him, all lovey dovey with each other, making out in the classrooms, proposing at the fountain in the center, declaring love at midnight; where chocolate was the candy of the month, stuffed animals made some nobody ceo rich for that month, where the radio soothed love songs almost 24/7; where jeon wonwoo, being the handsome man he was and receiving endless valentines on the fateful day, was agitated beyond belief.

he went drinking that night with mingyu, who had called off his own date to do so, and spilled on and on about how lonely he was and that couples should be banned from the world or some other. couples that weren’t his parents or mingyu’s, he threw in. he was a sad drunk, after all, bawling his precious little eyes out and wanting nothing more than to share this day, any day to be honest, with someone that he really and truly loved, not some one time thing or someone that just wanted to get into his pants.

this is what led to mingyu’s dating service for his best friend.

jeon’t you want to date wonwoo? was the name.

it was absolutely horrible.

“i was dru—”

“don’t even start with that ‘oh i was drunk i didn’t mean it oh dear oh my’ b.s.,” mingyu intervened as he finished the can of beer, opening another one for himself, “that’s what you said about not wanting a tattoo, and whose name do you have across your shoulder blade now?”

wonwoo muttered ‘yours’ before grumbling and shutting himself up with his own alcohol.

mingyu never mentioned that the day after the tattoo, he had gone to get wonwoo’s name tatted onto his. it was a friendship thing, he reasoned.

only a friendship thing.


so i was going to make this a one shot, but... since i technically broke it up into parts within the story anyway, it's better for the anticipation to settle in even though each part is like. 1k. i cry. heh. thanks for at least looking at this or something. everytime i post a part, i'll write another part, so it's also a motivational setter for me. so yeah! until next time~.