part vi

#idiot

part vi


 

three weeks later. may. finals week crept up on everyone alike, and it wasn’t a new topic of discussion as the library was packed to the brim with busy students trying their hardest to earn their final good grade to earn themselves a doable gpa for the semester, few dorms and apartments housed study sessions which most of them turned out to be parties and gaming tournaments instead from the stress that was rising.

amidst the chaos and hell that was called finals week was jeon wonwoo.

wonwoo, who was calm and collected as he flipped through the pages of his textbook and found it an easy task to memorize and understand the concepts of the next day’s exam.

wonwoo, who was still in contact with junhui after many weeks, finding out that he was a college student as well in his major which always started new and interesting conversations whenever one would text the other.

wonwoo, who still took the time out of each night, today being no different, to join mingyu on the couch for their eleven o’clock ritual of beer and rants. it was honestly a nice break from seeing 11-pt font under a luminescent bulb for five hours straight, from trying to decipher the more complex text in the book, and definitely from the slight start of a certain kim mingyu who had started to invade his thoughts more often than not lately. jihoon was over today as well, this counting as the last planned date between him and wonwoo with the thirdwheeling mingyu who didn’t seem to mind it one bit.

it was jihoon, after all.

“so how’s your song coming along?” the tan boy asked as he began working on the second can of beer that the guest kindly brought to the apartment.

“not so well.” jihoon frowned as he ran his fingers through his lavender locks, “i’ve been deprived of any motivation to continue at this point, and i need at least half of this done before I work on the beat itself, and something about making a music video for this too to preview the track at my showcase and guys, this is complete bull.”

wonwoo frowned as he nudged the stressing boy. “hey, don't worry about that for now. it’s tuesday. you should worry more about the remaining exams you have, hm? then we can sulk with you. kidding. we can help you.”

“could you really?” jihoon grinned, eyes full of hopefulness that damn, even wonwoo and mingyu couldn’t possibly reject.

“it’s not like our summers are that eventful anyway. smart wonwoo’s taking summer classes, but other than that we’re both free.” mingyu nodded as he polished his can.

“great! oh,” jihoon suddenly remembered as he turned to face the black haired boy, “i heard you ran into soonyoung some time ago, wonwoo. or.. i guess you didn’t run into him if you didn’t intend on going to the dance room in the first place.”

“hm?”

“yeah, he wouldn’t stop texting me about it and.. it was actually kind of funny that he came to me about it. the hell am i going to do about you two meeting? what did you do in your past life, wonwoo? why are you so praised by practically every walking body out there?”

mingyu parted his lips but quickly occupied them by drinking his beer, afraid that he would chime in and make things awkward with his ‘because everyone wants to him including me but i’m kidding no homo wonwoo.’

“i mean,” wonwoo shrugged, leaning back into the couch as he played with the seam of his sweats, “how do i even answer that? and.. what did soonyoung say?”

seventeen days ago. april something. mingyu’s dating services were on hold until now when he had coincidentally sent wonwoo to one of the recreational buildings, more specifically a dance room. wonwoo could serenade the next girl or guy walking down the hallway in an instant but when it came to busting a move or showing what he was made of, he was at a complete loss.

doesn’t doing the shuffle count enough as dancing?

mingyu shook his head to that, of course.

it wasn’t like wonwoo was going for dance lessons or anything. he was only told to meet this interesting boy who was basically sheltered in the dance room, and of course, if mingyu said to do something, he had to do it.

it didn’t take a genius for mingyu to realize that wonwoo’s new texting buddy is keeping him in his room longer than he needed to be in there.

either that or he wanted to distance wonwoo from the texting buddy.

because he was ing jealous.

wonwoo walked in right when the deep bass of the song indicated the beat drop, causing him to jump a little at the startle that didn’t seem to bother the other boy who was studious in keeping his dance move sharp and clean, a body roll here and too much extra when it came to the sensual moves. wonwoo couldn’t say that he wasn’t mesmerized by the little show that was being practiced, and it was right there and then that he told himself that he would take up dance classes sooner or later.

“wonwoo?”

the aforementioned boy snapped out of his daze when the blond was in front of him all of a sudden, breathing softly to catch up from the intense dance number and hands perched nicely on his hips to steady himself. he wasn’t too bad, wonwoo thought as he did a quick scan. doesn’t seem like he’d cause any trouble. probably dances 24/7 from the looks of the studio being littered by what seemed to be his belongings, his food, even his own motivational posters.

“o-oh, hi,” wonwoo lamely greeted, “you probably—”

“heard from mingyu?” he finished for the other with a light laugh, “of course. he’s such an idiot, you know?”

“oh definitely.”

“i’m soonyoung, by the way. don’t.. mind the state of the studio. sometimes i forget to clean up because they built this especially for me. i.. i don’t live here either.” soonyoung pointlessly rambled though wonwoo lifted a hand to hide a small smile behind it.

“anywho, what would you like to do? i don’t want to force you to dance or anything, and.. i’m only doing this for mingyu and i’m sure that you are too.”

wonwoo blinked. he needed to stop spacing out at important times.

“y-you’re only doing this for him? really?”

“yeah,” soonyoung nodded as he casually threw himself onto the couch and quenched his thirst with a bottle of water, “he begged and begged and pleaded that we go on a date together, and i swore i thought that you two were dating instead, but i guess i was wrong,” he shrugged, “but it doesn’t take an idiot to know that he really does care about you and i didn’t want to start anything if i knew i stood no chance.”

wait.

did he just say he thought mingyu and i were dating?!

“so yeah, it’s a courtesy thing,” soonyoung sighed though there was a bright smile on his face when he directed his attention back to wonwoo, “so, wonwoo, what’d you like to do?”

me and mingyu…

“…”

together…

“uh.”

where did he even get that idea?!

“wonwoo?”

oh my god there was that one time i slept with him but i was tired and i just crashed on his bed and he was there when i woke up—

“hey—”

and we kind of do hold hands in public… but a lot of guys do that! that doesn’t mean they’re dating!

“…”

wonwoo blinked again. , we showered together too.

“wonwoooooo.”

we watch together.

“… jeon wonwoo.”

we do every ing thing together.

“where the did you go in your mind, i.”

nah, it’s because we’re best friends.

“WONWOO.”

wonwoo shook his head a little and focused on the blond who was standing in front of him again, almost as if he was reliving the exact moment that happened not too long ago.

“, how are you so smart? you can’t even pay attention to your date.”

“what. oh oh oh, i’m so sorry,” wonwoo apologized in a hurry as he cast a grin onto his lips, “penny date? i’ll drive.”

half an hour later, as they made their turns based on the coin, stirred up conversations about little nothings, they parked in a restaurant strip and went into a classic korean barbeque famous for their homestyle bulgogi and indulged themselves in the unlimited meat galore and soju.

wonwoo found out that soonyoung is aiding jihoon in his showcase preparation by auditioning dancers for the music video, and he made sure to be one of the first people to be called when it was time.

soonyoung, however, found out that wonwoo never really pays much attention to anything, as seen by the burn on his finger from accidentally pressing down on the grill.

“soonyoung said you’re like a puppy,” jihoon laughed, earning a snort from a very amused mingyu.

“like a puppy…”

“you know, you.. kinda just stare at nothing at times and you seem to be contemplating who the next president would be or some would be and then you’re hyper and alert and hurting yourself the next. he thought it was pretty cute.”

wonwoo heard another louder snort from his roommate.

“oh,” jihoon cocked his head as he refreshed himself of a can of beer. “he also called you the biggest idiot ever through all of the praise you received.”

the lavender haired boy turned his head toward the snorting machine and nodded toward him, “you too, mingyu.”

“what the . why?!” the two boys simultaneously whined.

“i’m.. not supposed to disclose that information.” jihoon coughed and looked elsewhere.

before wonwoo’s words fell from his lips, a familiar tone of his cell phone’s ringtone chimed through the apartment, causing him to smile widely as he immediately stood up and answered the call while walking out of the room.

“junhui!”

mingyu frowned.

jihoon laughed. 

 


ooooooooh , soonyoung bluntly told wonwoo that he thought they were dating. ooooh oh what's gonna happen to wonwoo?!?! who knows?!!?! even i don't know yet. i need to start writing the next chapter!!! who do you guys think is next? heh. until next time, my loves. oh! and thanks so much for the support through subbing, voting and commenting. this really help me be more motivated. : )