part iv

#idiot

part iv


 

one week later. middle of april. spring break came at an odd time for the students, but that didn’t put a damper to the excitement that the students felt as they all piled into their cars, full of laughter and smiles galore, all having plans to destress themselves from the hell of college for the next week.

and then there was jeon wonwoo.

“mingyu, no.”

“but why! everyone else is gone. we might as well escape too!”

“how the did you even score tickets to china.” wonwoo blinked.

“i have connections. now shut up and get off the couch, you lazy puppy. stop whining and sighing. you might knock the walls down at this point.”

the aforementioned puppy could only growl and pull himself as the younger told him to, resting his whole upper half of his body atop the kitchen island before groaning about how much of an mingyu was.

“you love this ,” mingyu gladly chimed.

it took them a good two and a half hours to fly from seoul to beijing, the air already feeling extremely foreign to the two boys who knew barely anything about the chinese language. it sort of helped on wonwoo’s end that he learned the lingua just for fun for a few years, mingyu’s end that he brought a korean to chinese translator, but it still wasn’t enough as the two boys stood in the middle of the bustling terminal with confused faces, earning them slight snickers from ongoers.

“you’re such an idiot,” wonwoo groaned, adjusting his backpack a little as he looked around, managing to catch characters here and there, some of the english, but not finding what he really needed, “how did you plan on coming to a completely new country without knowing how to even ask where the restrooms are?”

“hey hey hey!” mingyu stopped him, eyes still scanning through the small book in his hand before his eyes meet wonwoo’s (completely attractive oh my god why has he not met his parents yet to thank them for this blessing) profile, “restrooms are always dictated by pictures, woo. we’re looking for cabs, remember?”

“oh.”

“idiot.”

after an agonizing three minutes of wonwoo trying to take the translator from mingyu and asking an informant in somewhat broken mandarin where they could locate the transportation area, the former dragged the larger baby behind him to wait on the cab. it was an interesting sight for them nonetheless, not used to being unable to automatically translate everything around them though there were splashes of korean around to make them feel a bit at home. it wasn’t a whole lot, but it was definitely enough.

two quarrels, two cab rides, and two orders of dumplings later, wonwoo flopped onto the bed of their hotel with a loud and exaggerated huff, finally happy that he could lie down and rest his eyes. that, unfortunately, did not last long as he felt his body further depress into the mattress no thanks to mister kim’s entirety laying atop his.

“yah! get off of me, min!”

“not until you get up and come downstairs with me again.”

wonwoo frowned. “go by yourself.”

“what if i get kidnapped?”

“call the hotel and ask for me.”

“what if someone takes me on a date?”

wonwoo cocked his brow. “what if someone told amber right here and now?”

mingyu blinked and bit on his lower lip. “well.. well what if i get hurt!”

“the only way you’d get hurt is for falling thinking about me.”

oh how mingyu would love to agree.

“anyway, gyu, you would have gone by now if it was that important, so i’m just going to assume you were ting me and that’s that.”

mingyu rolled off of wonwoo and jabbed his finger to the other’s side. “, you’re no fun.”

“remind me why we’re friends again?”

“i don’t even know, man. it kinda just happened. you’re horrible, i’m horrible. we’re a brotp.”

“you’re so lame. please stop.”

that earned a laughter from mingyu as he pressed a pillow to wonwoo’s face more so to hide the smile that had creased his lips. “hey, i’m gonna go for a while though, hm? don’t get kidnapped and don’t fall for me either.”

“i’ll make sure not to,” wonwoo muffled behind the pillow before peeking from under it, “make sure you take enough money too. i don’t want to save your drunk in china and have to waste my break taking care of you.”

“fine fine fine,” mingyu sighed as he hopped off the bed and waved to wonwoo with a watered down smile from before, turning on his heel and heading out of the door.

 

three hours later. ten at night. wonwoo was so ing bored.

where the hell was mingyu? he didn’t care (even though he was worried through his thickness) and he didn’t feel like checking up on the other.

there was a saying that wonwoo always went by at times like these.

“when in doubt, go clubbing.”

… okay, so it wasn’t exactly his saying and he didn’t exactly coin the words to his name, but he decided that he might as well as the nightlife was calling his name in beijing from the eighteenth floor of the beautiful hotel.

after a quick shower, a change into extremely well fitting jeans and a simple white shirt whose sleeves hid under the comfort of a black and white plaid button up, wonwoo was on his way to the closest club that he could find. he figured he might just have fun for once in his life by his lonesome self, the thought about mingyu joining him far far far (but not really that far away anyway) from his mind.

lights bounced off of the moving bodies, the deep bass of the club music coursing through his veins as wonwoo found it hard to even maneuver through the crowded pack of sardines, including the mixture of cologne, perfume and straight up body odor that completely made the frowning boy regret ever leaving the peacefulness of the hotel room. he was nudged, pushed, drag toward desperate girls who at this point could just be wearing their underwear to the club by the amount of cleavage and skin showing, even dragged toward forty year old men who were drunk on some other level of alcohol thinking that wonwoo was the most beautiful female with amazing hair and features they had ever set their eyes on.

what the hell kind of experience was this?

it wasn’t until he took in a body swaying perfectly to the beat, alone at that with no one to collide into. his hair was just as godly crafted as his profile, since that’s all it took for wonwoo to be captivated, finding himself inching nearer and nearer to the dancing boy who didn’t seem to notice the other coming his way...until he turned his head, sharp eyes landing on wonwoo’s dazed pair.

wonwoo never felt this way toward a complete stranger, and he knew it was a complete difference from jihoon since he was all bubbly and smiles. no. this boy was everything in the dictionary that defined alluring. there was no flaw that could be found, nothing that could possibly hinder wonwoo from coming even closer and moving his hips with the other, finally content that he had found something amazing out of this experience.

their bodies were in complete sync, this side of wonwoo never been revealed until now as he melted against the incredible hot chinese – he could guess from the way he seemed to mutter praises into his ear in the foreign language – boy, allowing his hips to be caressed by the seemingly older male who pretty much had no tainted intentions toward wonwoo. probably just looking to have some fun as well with an attractive guy, he assumed.

swaying led to grinding, and before wonwoo knew it, he was lip locked in the mass of dancing bodies with the chinese boy, tongues curling around each other and fingers messily running through each other’s hair. , wonwoo didn’t care anymore. he was having way too much fun tangling himself with this man who seemed to know how to press the right buttons to elicit the right reaction from his prey.

what was so great about the moment was that he was as sober as he could be, which meant that he would remember all of this for the rest of his life, how he finally felt at peace while being somewhat intimate with another person he had equal interest in.

if the fact that the other male took him by his wrist and dragged him out of the club and simply stated the word ‘home?’ didn’t get wonwoo to have the best night of his spring break, then he didn’t know what did.

he later found out his name was junhui in the second round of limbs and tongues tangled with each other as well as roaming fingers underneath the fabrics of their tight shirts on his bed, their actions never advancing past that out of courtesy.

if only he knew that watching from the second level of the massive club, every second of the scene ever since wonwoo walked in, was kim mingyu.

this time, though, there wasn’t the feeling of happiness for the other.

instead, there was a slight feeling of jealousy embedded in his frown.

“well .”

 


for writing this entire part at 5am in the morning after work, i think i did pretty well. weeps. jun and wonwoo. h n g. tbh i side ship them. aNYWHO. thanks so much for the comments and love for this! look forward to what happens next between meanie after this! heuheu.