part iii

#idiot

part iii


 

“do you even know how to play the guitar?”

“i.. i know a few chords here and there.”

“play me something then.”

the other male shrugged a shoulder, fingers hovering over the infamous c-chord though it wasn’t as melodious as it should have sounded when the notes were strummed.

“mingyu, you said.”

“what! i do!” mingyu chuckled, leaning back into the couch as he managed to strum out a simple tune, one that held a strong familiarity to the other occupant of the room as he joined in on the fun knowing that mingyu was just playing around on his feigned knowledge. the other male shook his head, though a light chuckle escaped his lips as he wiggled into the couch to find optimal comfort, leg crossed on the other to perch his guitar atop it.

“remember that one date you had with the really cute guy?” mingyu cocked his head toward wonwoo, who had his eyes closed and head leaned back on the couch. there was something about the darker haired boy that was extremely attractive when he was calm, drifting into his own little world and free of all of the stress on his shoulders. maybe it was the way his jawline was shaped, how his lashes fell on his cheekbones, and mingyu would do anything to know what was going on in that complex mind of his.

“you have to be more specific there, gyu.” wonwoo muttered, blindly striking soft background music that mingyu chimed in on every now and then.

“uh… what was his name again… he always had different colored hair whenever i saw him. ugh, , what was his name?”

wonwoo’s eyes fluttered open. he knew exactly who he was talking about.

two weeks ago. march. somewhere between jisoo and jeonghan, he had managed to score himself a date with one of the music majors. it was unintentional, wonwoo kept on telling himself, trying not to remind himself of the way he was rather mesmerized by the smaller stature of this male, the one whose voice could easily range from a vocal haven to rapping pleasure. there was something about that that.. turned him on, and when the other male offered mister jeon free private guitar lessons, there was nothing that could stop him from rejecting the offer.

“alright, so you put this finger here…” the other male mused as he fixed wonwoo’s fingers on the guitar a mere hour later in a practice room, “and your middle one goes here—wonwoo, no, here. and then your ring goes right here. now strum the notes.”

wonwoo did as he was told, pulling a small frowns onto his lips as he created an almost perfect chord much to the tutor’s pleased ears. “perfect!”

it didn’t help that wonwoo already knew how to play the guitar, but he pretended not to know just to spend time with the cute guy. he could sort of tell that the other male figured him out, but it didn’t matter at this point. he probably wanted to be with wonwoo at this point in time just as much.

“so… i have a question, wonwoo.”

“shoot away.” he murmured as he put on a small show of trying to get the learned chord just right.

“what do you like in a person? you know, things you would almost instantly fall for if you met your dream girl.. or guy.”

wonwoo blinked. what did he look for in a person?

“well,” wonwoo began, leaning over his fancy gibson guitar with a slight pout adorning his bottom lip, “honesty. can’t really like a person whose prone to lying. their bluntness. beating around the bush isn’t my style, and i like to be direct with everything. being cute and adorable is a bonus for me. attractive too. they have to know what fun is, you know? i just want to have fun with someone, i suppose. someone that can make me smile like i can make them. someone i can around with and laugh about it at the end of the day. someone who can deal with my horrible personality and see through it. you know. those kinds of things.”

“damn.” the other male laughed, jotting down a few words here and there in a notebook wonwoo hadn’t noticed was on his lap. “i could write a song with such raw emotion.”

wonwoo only realized at that moment that he had spilled what he had kept a secret for so long to a complete stranger, but it wasn’t like he didn’t trust the said stranger. there was a vibe that radiated from him that caused wonwoo to say the things he said, and he couldn’t help but to feel lighter, even more relaxed, that someone else knew what was entailed in his heart.

“was it really lyric worthy?” wonwoo tilted his head, recalling the words he had poured out and trying to imagine that the heat nestled on his cheeks was form how hot it was in the small space they were sharing.

the other male nodded, focused more on the notebook now as he seemed to have been scribbling little notes and such on the paper. wonwoo didn’t mind, his fingers the c chord that he was taught to a small beat as he basked in the softness of the so-called date.

wonwoo never mentioned that there was a beautiful soul that invaded his thoughts at that moment.

“ah! jihoon!” mingyu snapped and smiled at wonwoo. “that’s his name. jihoon!”

“mm, right right right. he was.. okay. with our one-time guitar lesson and all.” wonwoo murmured, still living in the relapse of his words echoing through his mind, eyes watching the other fiddle around with his guitar.

“i had a date with him yesterday,” mingyu nodded, “or.. more like i met up with him and amber let me call it a date because it’s jihoon and who can say no to jihoonie? anyway, he said that you should talk to him sometime, idiot.”

“let me guess. he needs some lyrical inspiration?”

“it’s for his showcase. he told me the title was adore you but the you is the actual letter ‘u’. that’s.. weird, but that’s him. aspiring artists and composers and their weird titles for songs.” mingyu shrugged.

“i’ll make sure to text him, hm?”

that’s how the same night, after messaging jihoon the musical wonder, they had another ‘date’ or four scheduled later on in the month. 

 


shame on me for making a filler chapter so early into the story i. oh well. comments and upvotes would be much appreciated! i'll definitely post the next part up later today because.. this isn't enough, even to me. thanks for dealing with this story thus far, though!