Chapter 10 - Before It Explodes

The Color of Our Memories

A/N: Uh, hi? *nervous smile* I won't bring up any excuses and just let you read the update here. Remember when I said depending how long I don't update, the length of the chapter will reflect that? Well, all I can say is happy reading lmao. This chapter is more of a filler in my opinion, but I think its important enough to read completely.

Haha, I was about to split this chapter up into two but I hate doing that, so here it is. 13 pages worth of a chapter lol.

 

 

The Color of Our Memories:


Chapter 10 – Before it Explodes


Hyoyeon gulped, “What was that?"

She wordlessly got into the elevator once the doors opened with a ding, along with Seohyun who clambered in behind her like a zombie. They stood uncomfortably side by side in the stark silence, the already small space suddenly closing in, the air becoming dense and heavy. It became harder to breath, the shock robbing them of air.

The dancer pressed the circular button for the lobby floor absentmindedly and placed her fingertips on the cool metal for balance, her sweaty hand squeaking down the shiny surface as she propped herself back to her previous position.

Hyoyeon's wide open eyes darted from one spot to another on the red carpeted floor, as if she was struck in the face with an iron pan without warning. She tried to let the shocking revelation she encountered permeate through her being and waited for the burst of shock to recede, but as time passed it held no effect. She continuously replayed what her own two eyes saw and her surprise heightened.

She never thought Tiffany and Taeyeon were actually together— never. The thought of them being in love never crossed her mind with any sort of seriousness.

In her surprise, Hyoyeon didn’t know whether to be amazed by how long and how well the two kept their relationship a secret or to feel stupid. Stupid for how she couldn't have noticed such an important fact when they all lived under the same roof. How could she have missed the affectionate, lingering gazes, the restlessness when they weren’t near each other...

their odd behaviour after coming out from the washrooms during recording today?

"How can anyone be so dense?" Sooyoung's words*.

The dancer's mouth opened a bit. She was stupid—so stupid for not having noticed or being at least suspicious of the two earlier.

Was she the only one left out of the loop? Did their whole group already know?
On reflex she turned to Seohyun who seemed calmer than she was but was just as uneasy.


A memory of the younger girl arriving to filming minutes later after Taeyeon and Tiffany came to mind.

"You knew about this."

The maknae jolted at Hyoyeon’s sudden decision to talk. She was completely preoccupied in replaying the scene they saw just a few moments ago and the silence in the elevator was so undisturbed that if Hyoyeon had not spoken up, she would have forgotten about the dancer’s presence in the elevator altogether.

Seohyun motioned to look at her unnie with hesitancy.

Her eyes flickered, glazed, and her lips parted for a brief moment but no sound came. She stood there mouthing inaudible incoherencies, not sure how to respond even though the answer was so simple. She tucked in her bottom lip and faced front again. Hyoyeon didn’t need any more of an answer.

Hyoyeon's breath hitched, "How long. How long have you known?" The dancer asked, her voice barely above a soft whisper.

A lump of saliva made its way down Seohyun’s throat, the sound of the wetness slipping down the inner walls of her neck prominent in the elevator unit. The elevator very lightly came to a halt and the metal doors slid open with a familiar ding. Seohyun wasted no time in walking out.

“Seohyun.” Hyoyeon softly called out to the maknae. In her disoriented state, she could hardly muster enough strength to firmly call after the taller girl.

"I'm sorry unnie. I-I... just leave me alone for a minute okay?" Seohyun stopped to look at Hyoyeon cursorily and mumbled a small apology as she resumed briskly walking to the lobby entrance. Hyoyeon dumbly watched Seohyun walk away with a hand in midair that was all too late in trying to grab the girl back.

The dancer sighed. She simply figured that the maknae was just shocked about Taeyeon and Tiffany and left the younger to her thoughts. Hyoyeon concluded that Seohyun must have only found out recently if she was still that shaken up about it.

For such a prim and proper lady like Seohyun, Hyoyeon couldn't imagine how being exposed to something like that shook Seohyun's world. For crying out loud, even the sight of Hyoyeon eating a hamburger filled the maknae with such riveting anger.

Now, all Hyoyeon wanted was to go back into bed. It was a long day. She turned around to head back into the elevator—no.

Tiffany and Taeyeon were probably still up.

Hyoyeon pivoted on her heels and headed out towards the lobby entrance instead.

To the convenience store it was.


***************

 

Seohyun had never been so frustrated, so angry at herself.

She walked down the streets of Gangnam with balled up hands digging into her jacket pockets and the heels of her sneakers jabbing into the cement with each stride. She felt cold with only a light sweater but she didn't care. She deserved the stinging, numbing sensation. She deserved to freeze in the cold.

Upon walking in on Tiffany and Taeyeon the second time that day, she didn't react in the way she would have expected herself to. Her insides didn't twist in disgust nor did she revolt at the sight and memory of the two.

If she was completely honest with herself, she didn't dislike it at all. Instead, she was envious. Of all things Seohyun was envious. She was shocked, yes, but now... now all she could picture when she thought of the two was her and Hyoyeon being in their place instead.

She wanted what they had. After seeing some other person have their lips all over her precious unnie, after seeing how wonderful it was to have your feelings reciprocated, Seohyun had never desired anything so badly.

Seohyun brushed her hair back, grabbing at the strands rigidly.

Her anger turned into bitter disgust. Disgust that was supposed to be for Taeyeon and Tiffany was now meant for her.

She should have been scrutinizing the two! Judging them with every muscle of her self righteous existence!

Because of them she thought of shameless things: kissing Hyoyeon, holding her and worst of all—probably the most sinful, taboo thing she thought of that night—exchanging words of love with Hyoyeon as they slept.

Seohyun arrived at a now empty park a few blocks away from their dorm buildings. She sat down exasperatedly on a park bench and slunk down in her seat. Like the many other times that day, she grabbed at her hand, digging her nails into the bony flesh while she looked into nothingness.

An image of her and Hyoyeon popped up again, but this time it was far less innocent, far less decent in comparison to the images her mind conjured up before. If anyone were to peek into the maknae's mind at that moment, she would have easily been mistaken for the group's byuntae.

Seohyun chewed hard on the inside flesh of her cheek to awaken her from her imagination.

Just what was she doing.

Everything was Taeyeon and Tiffany's fault.

It was because of those two that she had these thoughts and it was because of them that out of fear, she could not bear to touch Hyoyeon. For with even the slightest of touches, the maknae feared she would be falling deeper into something she would be unable to force herself out of.

Seohyun dragged her nails on the top of her hand, scratching the soft skin.

But it was already too late.

The righteous, dignified maknae—the girl who had her life in order, the girl that couldn't possibly be morally swayed, the girl who proved society that she was as upright as they thought she was—knew that she had been digging a grave for herself the day she met Hyoyeon.

And for that she cursed at herself.

If only she turned away when Doojoon laid his lips on Hyoyeon, maybe then her whole world wouldn't have been in such disarray. Maybe then she wouldn’t be questioning her normalcy or mental state.

She cursed herself again.

Who was she kidding.

Her love for the blonde mocked her even before this childish jealousy.

It was just that she only bothered listening to the bully now.


***************

 

8:24 am the clock read.

With crusty eyes, Sunny shifted to look at the clock that hung on the wall in the living room while she sat on a stool at the kitchen's island.

"I should be sleeping in." The aegyo queen thought to herself regretfully. It was their first day off in what seemed like an eternity. She should have abused it for the benefit of rest.

Groggy, hair ruffled and clothes crumpled, Sunny sleepily watched Hyoyeon cook the multiple fish in the pan, sifting the pan from side to side to crisp the fish evenly. When the younger girl looked satisfied with her handy work, she twisted the knob to turn the hot stove off and wiped the sweat off her brow with her forearm.

“Taeyeon isn’t up yet?” Sunny asked.

Hyoyeon remained quiet for a moment. One reason she thought of for the group leader sleeping in was that Taeyeon was busy with Tiffany last night. Hyoyeon shuddered at the thought. The other reason she thought of was that the group’s leader was avoiding her. If that was the case, the dancer was grateful. She really did not want to deal with a very awkward discussion.

“Nope.”

“That’s weird. Usually she’s up helping you with breakfast by now.”

Hyoyeon walked over to one of the drawers in their kitchen and pulled out a handful of chopsticks and spoons. She walked back to the kitchen island and started spreading them out around the edges where the girls would eventually be seated at. “Did Taeyeon sleep in your room?”

Sunny hummed a yes. “Of course. We went to sleep the same time and she’s still there so if I’m not blind she must have slept in our room.” The aegyo queen said with a little chuckle.

Hyoyeon finished what she was doing and looked up at Sunny. “Guess she has no idea about Taeyeon and Tiffany. I wasn’t the only one then.”

Sunny rubbed away the lingering sleep from her eyes and yawned, putting a hand under her shirt and scratching her belly. When she settled, she continued watching. Her eyebrows peaked. There was something off about Hyoyeon, and it wasn't just the extreme bags under her eyes or the paling of her skin, nor was it the amount of unhealthy weight she had lost.

"You went somewhere?" Sunny asked, lifting her chin to point at Hyoyeon and through that little of a gesture, Hyoyeon caught on to what she was pointing at.

She stopped arranging the side dishes for a moment and looked down on herself. She was still in the clothes she left the dorm in last night.

"I went to the convenience store last night. I got home late and was too tired to change so I fell asleep in these clothes." Hyoyeon replied, half lying. She decided that it was best if she left out the part about walking in on Taeyeon and Tiffany.

Sunny hummed in understanding, nodding her head along. "You went to the store pretty late again huh."

Hyoyeon stifled a chuckle, not like her usual ones that sounded so mischievous in nature. It had this strange coat of melancholy in it, one Sunny didn't like at all. "I got home at about, what was it...?" Hyoyeon pursed her lips together in thought as she spread out the bowls of bean sprouts and kimchi around the edges of the kitchen island, "I think 3 in the morning? 4 maybe?"

Hyoyeon recalled how she arrived earlier that morning. After stuffing herself with an endless amount of sugary snacks from the convenience store and arriving home, she collapsed onto the sofa with the lingering aftertaste of a strawberry starburst in , and before she could worry about Seohyun arriving home safely, she was out like a light. It was barely four in the morning when she fell asleep on the white leather sofa and when she woke up, she barely had three hours of sleep.

"Hyoyeon-ah," Sunny whined, "You can't do that."

"Do what?" Hyoyeon asked. She began placing the pan fried fish onto nine separate plates with two chopsticks in hand.

"All of this sleeping extremely late and waking up extremely early! You look like you'll pass out any minute I swear!"

Hyoyeon paid no mind to Sunny's mini rant and went about doing what she had been so preoccupied with, that is, now filling nine separate bowls with steamed rice.

Sunny huffed a sigh and hopped off her seat abruptly, the legs of the stool screeching against the tiles of the kitchen floor. She went around, over to Hyoyeon, and snatched away the bowl and rice paddle the younger girl held.

"You're too weak. I'll do the rest." Sunny said firmly and before Hyoyeon could even protest, she was already spooning some rice from the cooker and placing it into an empty bowl.

The dancer's arms dropped to her sides and all she could do was sigh in defeat. Sunny was right. She needed rest because at that moment she was too tired to even debate.

Hyoyeon pulled up a stool from under the kitchen island and tugged herself up to sit down. She folded her arms across the gleaming marble countertop and rested her throbbing head on her forearms, watching her fellow danshin complete the task she busied herself with previously.

"Hyoyeon," Sunny seemed disturbed by something. She lowered her hands that gripped the bowl and rice paddle to rest on the surface. Her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at the bowls in front of her.

"Hm?" The dancer hummed.

"There's only supposed to be eight bowls, not nine. Jesshika doesn't," Sunny her lips and exhaled. She slowly turned to give Hyoyeon a sympathetic look, "She doesn't live here anymore. Remember?"

Hyoyeon chuckled at herself for her stupidity. All she could do was reply with an, "Oh."
How could she possibly forget? The ice princess was the very reason for her deterioration anyway.
It was funny how Jessica had her wrapped around her little finger without even having to do anything.

All she did was disappear.

Hyoyeon clenched her jaw and grit her teeth together, huffing out a breath of air and burying her face into her arms.

"Sorry. I guess I don't have my head on right." The dancer said, her voice muffled by her arms.

How long was Jessica going to twist Hyoyeon's mind into odd shapes. Why couldn't she just come back to their home? This home? Where Hyoyeon was, where they all were.

"Hyoyeon."

The dancer felt a tug at her chest as she recalled Jessica packing her things the week before she moved out.

"Yah."

She missed that moody ice princess. Missed her badly.

"I'm tired." Hyoyeon blurted out absentmindedly to no one in particular.

All the confusion and the over thinking was becoming too much. Hyoyeon’s head would gush open any moment. Taeyeon and Tiffany, Seohyun and most of all Jessica—Hyoyeon wanted to get away from everything that remotely made her think of the four. She wanted to get away from the dorms... away from the members.

Sunny stared at Hyoyeon, her furrowed eyebrows softening. She gazed gently at the younger.
"This is about Jessica isn't it?"

Hyoyeon's body stiffened and she suddenly felt the dire need to get herself out of the kitchen as quick as possible. She sat up and twisted around in her chair, soon after jumping off and rushing to her room. "I'm going to take a shower." Hyoyeon monotonously said in one breath.

"Hyoyeo—" Before Sunny could finish, Hyoyeon was gone, the door to Hyoyeon’s room closing with a soft click.

"Foooooood." Sooyoung dragged herself past Hyoyeon and into the kitchen. She hovered above Sunny and began sniffing at the rice in the shorter girl's hand.

Sunny yanked away the bowl before Sooyoung's needy hands could get to it and rolled her eyes. "Sit at a seat before you devour my hand whole."

Sooyoung flicked Sunny on the forehead and obeyed. She reached for an already filled bowl of rice and picked up a pair of chopsticks.

"Sooyoung—"

Sooyoung clicked her tongue in irritation, the plump of rice held by her chopsticks yearning to be eaten, "Talk. Later. Food. Mouth."

Sunny snatched the wooden sticks before they could make their way into the Shikshin’s mouth, causing Sooyoung to bite into air, "Listen. I need to talk to you."

Sooyoung her lips hard and grit her teeth. If she wasn't still sleepy she would have pounced on the blonde by then. Instead, she settled for combing her messy hair away from her face and used her dwindling patience to pretend to listen intently.

"You know Hyoyeon right?"

Sooyoung impatiently took her chopsticks back, "You don't say?" she sarcastically remarked.

Sunny glared at the shikshin, but continued, "And you know Sica—"

"Funny ged do da poind," Sooyoung said with a mouth full of rice.

"What? Don't talk with your mouth full."

Sooyoung swallowed, satisfied that her poor, empty stomach was being fed, "Get to the point I said."

"I'm worried about Hyoyeon."

Sooyoung dug her chopsticks into her fish, "We all are."

"Then why don't we do anything about it?" Sunny finished filling the bowls with rice and stared at Sooyoung.

"Its not time to." The shikshin simply replied and shrugged. She let Sunny reflect on her words and while she chewed on the piece of fish, the extra bowl of rice on the table caught her attention. "Hey is anyone gonna eat that?"

"Which one?" Sunny followed Sooyoung's gaze and pointed to the item, "This one?"

“Yeah."

Sunny let out an uneasy half smile, "It’s for Sica."

"But she's not here anymo— Wait let me guess... Hyoyeonnie?"
Sooyoung asked even though she knew fully well what the answer was. She tried to suppress the smirk that was appearing on her face and buried her face into the bowl of rice as she ate. She too thought that Hyoyeon’s behaviour lately had been unhealthy, but she couldn’t help but find amusement in the dancer’s current predicament.

"Ever since Sica left she's been so frail. I mean, we all wish Sica didn't have to go but Hyoyeon... I haven't seen her this down about anything in a while."

Sooyoung kept quiet and to avoid making the silence seem unnatural, she started eating the soup Hyoyeon had made. She sensed that if this conversation were to continue that she would blurt out information Hyoyeon wouldn't be too pleased with her revealing. She shouldn't be keeping secrets from the members, but this secret had the potential to damage more than help.

Sunny hopped on to a seat beside Sooyoung and laid her head on top of her palms that were propped up on the marble surface.

Sunny eyed the eating shikshin suspiciously, "This may sound crazy okay, but do you think Hyoyeon and Jessica..."

Sooyoung braced herself. She knew what was coming.

"Do you think they might share something more than friendship?"

Sooyoung forced an incredulous laugh, "Haha. No. What are you talking about? Jessica moving out had nothing to do with Hyoyeon.”

Sunny’s eyelids formed thin slits as she cocked an eyebrow suspiciously, “I didn’t say anything about that.”

. That was all Sooyoung could say to herself.

“I said that Hyoyeon was sad about Sica moving, but now what’s this about Sica moving out because of Hyoyeon? Go on. Go on tell me.” Sunny analyzed every bit of Sooyoung’s movements with ever watchful eyes, taking into account how the girl had stopped eating and how her hands shook slightly.

“You know something don’t you?” Sunny asked firmly.

Sooyoung cursed herself again. She began eating like she had never eaten in days all the while trying her best to maintain her composure. Sunny had hawk eyes. Sooyoung was well aware of that.

“Sooyoung.”

“You know what? I need a shower.” Sooyoung got up from her seat and set her chopsticks down, “Just talk to Hyoyeon, or better yet Sica. I have no idea what's happening either.”

“Fine.” Sunny grabbed her own pair of chopsticks to begin eating and spoke loudly into the fleeing Shikshin’s ear, “I will.

Sooyoung was about to take a step forward, but froze. She mentally facepalmed and balled up her palms into a fist, “Choi Sooyoung what did you just do?!”



***************

 

"Seohyun."

Seohyun fluttered her eyelids open and sleepily looked up at the white ceiling to recollect herself, familiarizing herself with her surroundings. She was in her and Hyoyeon’s room now and for a minute she was confused at how she arrived in her bed, but then she remembered stumbling into their dorms after wandering aimlessly through the streets, and going to bed, falling asleep while reading.

Seohyun lifted the book off from her chest. It was another one of her self help books and she had been studying it religiously when she couldn’t fall asleep last night. With what happened yesterday, she needed it more than ever. Her books provided her some sort of comfort; much needed comfort.

“Wake up; you’ll be late for your class. You are going today right?”

Seohyun’s eyes shifted to look up at the source of the raspy voice and before she could tell them to go away—not quite in the mood to talk after last night— she stopped breathing.

It was Hyoyeon and she only had a towel wrapped around her curvy frame, her bare shoulders and collarbones glistening with wetness.

Seohyun’s cheeks reddened furiously and she ducked back into the covers. “I’ll get ready in a minute.” She replied calmly, covering her shaky voice with a forced yawn.

Seohyun laid in her bed, her chest thumping furiously against her ribcage. With her head against her pillowcase, the thumping was clearly defined.

Clenching at the white bedsheets around her, Seohyun was having a world of time in trying to stop herself from sneaking a peek at Hyoyeon. She failed.

She turned her head enough just so that her eyes could catch Hyoyeon and when they did, she gulped, biting her lips.

Hyoyeon unwrapped the towel from her head, allowing her blond locks to cascade over her collarbones and to stick to her damp skin. She untied the towel around her body for a moment to adjust it—Seohyun died a little.

It was only a millisecond, but the little glimpse of the round of Hyoyeon’s bare chest, the curve of her hips and her toned thighs was smouldering enough for the maknae to stop looking altogether in an attempt to revive herself, to remember how to bring oxygen to her malfunctioned brain.

Seohyun pinched her hand, angry at herself for doing such a thing, and when Hyoyeon disappeared into their walk in closet she jumped out of bed, frustrated. Frustrated in more ways than one.

“Seohyun.” Hyoyeon called out to the younger girl as she emerged from their walk in closet, drying her head with a towel.

“Nae unni—“Seohyun turned around.

Her eyelids shot open.

Hyoyeon didn’t have her towel on anymore. All she had on was a pair of lacy black underwear and a bra. The maknae was both happy and tortured. She made an attempt to look at Hyoyeon only in the eyes, away from her exposed abs and slender legs, yet she found a whole different level of difficulty in doing something so simple. Every time she looked at Hyoyeon her eyes would wander to the dancer’s lips and down the rest of her body. Immediately, all the blood would rush to her face.

“I’ll drop you off today so don’t call a cab okay? I’m meeting up with a few friends anyway.”

Seohyun nodded and when Hyoyeon disappeared once more into their walk in closet, she gasped for air. She had seen her unnies near to a plethora of times and never during any of those instances did she ever react in this manner. Every time Seohyun questioned why it suddenly became different with Hyoyeon she would end up hating herself a bit more.

With furrowed eyebrows, she searched for the book she was reading last night and when she caught sight of it she dove for it. She grabbed it, sternly looking at the title which read Finding Yourself, and rushed off to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

“I need to fix this.” The maknae thought to herself, not knowing that she was attempting to do the impossible.


*****************

 

“Yes mom I know. Uh-huh, yep. You’ve told me the third time this week.”

Jessica held her phone up to her ear by lodging it between her cheek and shoulder. She was busy looking through the box of macaroons she bought before making her way to the dorms while she conversed with her mom about the up and coming blind date that was set up for her.

“I thought this was a casual date…? Oh it is? Okay good.” Jessica took out a macaroon and munched on it while waiting for the elevator doors to open.

Just remember honey, this isn’t a one on one kind of dat—“

“Yes mom, I know. You’ve told me that already,” Jessica swallowed and continued, mimicking her mother’s voice, “ ‘It’s a double date.’ ”

She could hear her mother chuckle on the other line, “Just making sure.”

Jessica entered the elevator and finished devouring the rest of her chocolate macaroon. She continued speaking with her food pushed to one side of her cheeks, “You’ve made sure countless times now.”

Jesshika honey, don’t chew with your mouth full.”

Jessica obediently listened and gulped down the macaroon. The elevator doors opened instantly.

“Oh. Well gotta go mom. I’ll talk to you later okay?”

“Say hi to the girls for me.”

“I will.”

They exchanged ‘I love you’s and after an endless number of goodbyes, Jessica finally hung up and placed the bar shaped smartphone in a safe spot within her purse. She strode down the hallways of their dorm building in simple red flats with a strange feeling of nostalgia. It wasn’t even half a year, yet Jessica felt as if she hadn’t been within the familiar corridor for nearly an eternity.

With each step, she felt exceedingly giddy. She yearned to see the other members badly and when she thought of a certain dancing queen, she vehemently denied the overwhelming desire to ring the doorbell and be greeted with that utterly radiant v-smile. She was worried about seeing Sooyoung, but she pushed that aside. She hoped that the shikshin had forgotten about her tears and had let the issue slide.

She pressed the doorbell one, two, three times and finally the heavily secured, steel door screeched open to reveal an excited Yoona. The ice princess felt a bit disappointed, but grinned widely at Yoona nonetheless.

“Sica unnie!” Yoona pounced on the older girl, pulling her into a big hug. “You’re here!”

“Jesshika!” Yuri jumped on top of the white leather sofa and waved excitedly at the ice princess. “Hurry! Sit! Sit!”

Jessica promptly took off her flats, placing the box of macaroons on the kitchen counter, and put on a pair of slippers. She shuffled over to where Yuri was and sat down beside the taller girl who was hugging a dolphin plushie close to her body.

“Oh by the way guys here. I brought you guys—“

“Macaroons huh. You shouldn’t have unnie,” Yoona replied with a mouth full of a whole macaroon.

“Where is everyone else?” Jessica asked, looking around the living room. She noticed it was only herself and the twins.

“Sunny is in the shower and Sooyoung—“

“What the hell are you doing here?!” Sooyoung emerged from her room, slamming the door open. She stood at the door in disbelief. Jessica here? With a very curious Sunny? No, no, no. This was bad, very bad.

“Um, hello to you too?” Jessica said.

“Look unnie! Macaroons!” Yoona held up the box in mid air and Sooyoung immediately forgot about her newfound mission to get Jessica to go away before Sunny knew she was here. The two shikshins happily picked at the box and offered one to Yuri who sat completely focused on the television.

“Where are Taeyeon and Tiffany?” Jessica inquired. She wanted to ask about Hyoyeon most of all, but she feared that she would seem a bit too eager, especially with Sooyoung hot on her trail.

“I don’t know, but they’ve been cooped up in their rooms for quite a while.” Yuri said and picked out a macaroon from the box. “They haven’t come out since breakfast.”

Jessica simply nodded. She opened to ask about Hyoyeon, but was interrupted by Yoona.

“Is it on yet?” Yoona impatiently asked.

“What are we watching anyway?” Jessica inquired.

“Hyoyeonnie’s sitcom.” Yuri answered and swallowed down her macaroon.

Of course. How could Jessica forget. She had been watching the show whenever she had free time. It might have been because she still had lingering feelings for the girl, but she was impressed with Hyoyeon’s acting skills.

“Today’s the episode with the kiss scene in it. I’ve been waiting for this.” Yuri chimed, rubbing her hands in anticipation.

Jessica smiled bitterly.

She just had to come on a day like this.


**************

“Yah.”

Hyoyeon waved a hand lazily in the air and motioned for the black haired man with sunglasses to take a seat at their table.

“When will you address me properly?” He said while laughing, pulling up a seat beside Hyoyeon in the quaint little café they were in.

“Never.” Hyoyeon said before sipping her tea. “I like ‘yah’ better than ‘Seulong’ anyway.”

Seulong frowned and glared at the laughing young man beside the blonde. “Shut up Jinwoon.”

“Make me.” Jinwoon replied.

“Aish, chincha. You two are such kids I swear.” Seulong retorted as he removed his sunglasses.

Hyoyeon stuck her tongue out at the singer and took another sip of her tea.

“So why are we here anyway?” Seulong inquired, slumping down into his chair. “I thought it was something important for you to call me out just as I finished a schedule.”

Hyoyeon shrugged her shoulders, “I just felt like we should hang out. Its been a while.”

“That was it? Really? I thought you it was something urgent or important at least!”

Hyoyeon shook her head and gave the elder a peace sign, complete with duck lips.

In a way Hyoyeon did need help. She needed help taking her mind of off things, but should she really talk about everything that’s been on her mind with these two? If the world would not be able to handle the information she knew, how could she possibly expect the two before her to wrap their heads around her situation. They helped tremendously in their own way just by keeping her company.

“Oh speaking of help!” Jinwoon looked up from his phone and leaned over the table. The other two by instinct, leaned in as well. “I need a favour Hyoyeon.”

Hyoyeon, drummed her fingers on top of the circular glass table. “What...?”

“Please go out with me!”

Seulong’s jaw dropped. Hyoyeon blushed and began to stutter.

Seulong checked around them frantically in case there were eavesdropping ears. He covered Jinwoon’s mouth and gritted his teeth, “What the hell are you saying in public!?” he said in a low growl through clenched teeth.

Hyoyeon tried to recollect herself, “I like you and all Jinwoon, but—“

“I-It's nothing like that!” Jinwoon pushed Seulong’s hands away and laughed. “I should have said it differently.”

Seulong sighed, relieved. “Alright go on. What is this about?”

“Well you see, my friend asked me out to go on a double date but I don’t have the strength to ask out this girl to go with me so…”

“Weeeeeaaaaaaak,” Hyoyeon hissed mockingly with two hands cupped around to mimic a loud speaker. Seulong laughed. “Man up and ask her! I don’t wanna have to baby sit you.”

Seulong laughed even harder as he looked at a slightly hurt Jinwoon. “Come on! Just this once? Please? Noona?” Jinwoon begged.

Hyoyeon chuckled, smirking. “Did you just call me noona? Wow, this must be serious.”

Jinwoon nodded his head pleadingly. “It is.”

Hyoyeon hadn’t gone out in a date in a while and although this one would be an innocent outing with a friend, she thought it would be a good idea to take this opportunity to get reintroduced into the dating scene.

“Alright. I’ll do it. But under one condition.”

Jinwoon lifted an eyebrow. “What?”

“Don’t fall for me.” Hyoyeon purred playfully and winked. Jinwoon gagged. Seulong just smirked smugly.

“Pffft. As if!” Jinwoon faked disgust and waved his hands in the air dismissively. Hyoyeon burst into more laughter. Hanging out with these two was a good idea.


***************


*Refer to chapter 8 part 2


*stretches arms* omg that chapter was a lot of work XD

 

...Gosh, I’m completely leaving Hyosic in the dust aren’t I? Lmao.

Writing that HyoHyun after shower scene was really hard on me...

I couldn’t stop blushing and I swear my heart rate went

into overdrive LOLz. At this rate I think I’ll pass out if I ever write OTL


Btw, I should mention that the pairings in this fic are undecided.

I know a lot of people are expecting HyoSic, but it really depends

on my mood, so it could end up either way.

Just giving out a fair warning, so please prepare your little

hearts for anything, bwahaha.

 

Welp. anyway *disappears for another month* lol jks.