Sometimes it's Best to Just Say You're Sorry

Bite Me.

    Jongin grabbed the poor freshman, whose name was still unknown, and slammed him against the wall. The brat had gotten in his way when he was skipping class and since he was bored he decided to beat the crap out of him. It’s just the usual routine. Sehun, who was following behind, just watched instead of joining in. For once he actually felt bad for one of Jongin’s victims, but he knows how he is and what he’s going through. So Sehun will play along just like how he did when Jongin first changed his demeanor back in fifth grade. He missed Kyungsoo hyung and all the others, but at the same time he was extremely angry at the wide eyed boy. He didn’t give Jongin the benefit of the doubt, he didn’t even let him explain himself. Sehun was brought back to reality when he heard a sobbing voice begging to be let go. He saw the kid on the ground and his bloodied face. He ran over to his best friend and pulled him off the poor boy and began leading him away when they saw a horrified Kyungsoo staring at them. To Sehun’s shock Jongin just continued walking. He didn’t flinch or give the kid another glance just kept on moving. Sehun glared at Kyungsoo and ran after his friend.

    Kyungsoo stood there frozen. For weeks now he’s noticed the evident change in Jongin, and the fact that he acted like they were never a thing. What he was seeing now was too much to handle. He ran over to the freshman and helped him up slowly. He asked if he needed help to the nurse, but the kid just shook his head and ran off crying. Kyungsoo sighed and headed to lunch. The part of the day he now dreaded the most. He sat down with his usual group before Jongin plus Suho. They were all awkward. He knew they missed the others, but they stayed with their friend. He truly was thankful for that but at the same time felt guilty. He ate quietly while Suho rattled on annoyingly. He seemed to not understand the situation at all.

“Have you talked to Jongin at all?” Baekhyun interrupted Suho.

“No. Why would I talk to him?” Kyungsoo snapped.

“Because his rampage is entirely your fault. Talk to him for the good of your classmates. Do you really need to see anymore bruises and bloody noses?”

“Shut up! This isn’t my fault!” Kyungsoo grabbed onto the necklace around his neck unconsciously, it had became a habit for when he was sad or angry. He was currently being filled with both emotions.

“You told me you yelled at him for fighting Suho. Did you even listen to him?”

Kyungsoo felt tears springing to his eyes. It wasn’t because of anger, he didn’t feel offended either. It was because he felt guilty.

“Kyungsoo don’t listen to Baekhyun. He’s being stupid.” Suho tried to convince the now crying boy.

“I’m not being stupid, I’m being honest. My friends deserve honesty. Kyungsoo clearly misses Jongin and it’s also his fault that this happened because of his temper. You’re not any help. You clearly like Kyungsoo and want them to be apart.” Baekhyun stated proudly as he crossed his arms.

“He’s right. I messed everything up with Jongin, and I know you like me. For the longest time I tried to tell myself you were just friendly. I guess I didn’t want to believe it myself. Even when Jongin picked up on it I denied his theory. I’m such and idiot. I’m the biggest idiot to ever grace the Earth.” Kyungsoo admitted finally getting it all of his chest. “I’m sorry Suho, but I still like, no. I still love Jongin. I miss Nini so much!”

“How can you say that? You broke up!” Suho was now enraged and couldn’t hold back his feelings.

Kyungsoo had finally snapped. The last time he talked to Jongin was on the day of the fight. He kept constantly hoping that although Jongin was acting out, he was waiting for Kyungsoo. Waiting for an apology and a hug. Now he realized that Jongin may really be done with him. Kyungsoo sprung out of his seat and began yelling.

“Shut up! Why can’t you just shut up! I already know that you bastard you don’t need to reassure it!”  

Suho jumped out of his seat and they got into a full out screaming match. Baekhyun and the others were trying to distract the two before they caused an even bigger scene.

“Jongin is done with you don’t you get it!? Move on! I’m here.”

Kyungsoo slapped Suho in the face as soon as he finished his sentence and ran out of the room sobbing.

    Jongin felt his heart breaking as he watched Kyungsoo run out of the lunchroom with tears running down his face, but he quickly put the feeling aside and stole some of Sehun’s food to distract himself. He could feel the looks that Sehun and Xiumin were giving him, but he ignored those as well. He finished the food and decided that he didn’t want to go to seventh period and headed to the nurse’s office for the third time today, not that the nurse actually cared though. He walked over to his usual bed by the window to see a lump underneath the blanket. He figured some freshman didn’t know and took his bed instead of the one in the stuffy corner.

“Yah! Get out of my spot !” Jongin kicked the lump which squeaked back in reply.

The lump still didn’t move. Jongin grabbed the blanket and ripped it off of whoever was underneath. To his surprise, he found a shocked Kyungsoo underneath. He was going to treat him any differently though. Why would he? He grabbed Kyungsoo by the collar and dragged him off the bed and onto the floor. He leaned down so he was a bit closer to the boy sprawled out on the floor.

“Scram pipsqueak. This is my bed.”

He was about to turn around when Kyungsoo grabbed his sleeve.

“You’re not wearing your necklace.” Kyungsoo stated with what sounded like a sniffle.

“Why would I wear that stupid ? It was useless.” Jongin kept his back turned so Kyungsoo couldn’t detect his wavering emotions.

“Does….does this mean w-were o-o-over?” Kyungsoo sobbed out.

Jongin ripped his arm away from Kyungsoo. “What the do you think?”

He got underneath the blankets of the bed and tried to sleep.

Kyungsoo slowly rose from the floor and headed towards the door. He stopped and turned towards Jongin one more time.

“I’m really sorry. I should have listened to you instead of being an . I’m so sorry….Nini.”

Kyungsoo had been avoiding lunch and the classes he had with Jongin. He has spent most of his time hiding in the school’s courtyard. His friends would always ask if he was okay whenever he saw them, so of course he would put on a fake smile and tell them that he was just calming himself down and taking some time to get back to normal. He was sitting underneath his usual tree just doodling in his notebook, his stomach growled and he remembers that he hasn’t eaten since yesterday morning. He face planted into the notebook and cursed himself for being so stupid. He was so worried about a relationship, that was now in the past, and forgot to eat. He reached into his backpack and found an old candy bar. It was one Jongin gave to him because he knew that crunch bars were his favorite. He bit into sorrowfully and went back to doodling.

“You two must really be over huh?”

Kyungsoo looked up to see a boy with fiery red hair, he quickly takes note that he looks like a delinquent and that he has never seen him before until now. Kyungsoo stands up and glares at up at the boy that he now realizes is taller than him.

“Who the hell are you?”

“The names Seok Kwang. I’m offended that you don’t know me. I’m one of the most infamous delinquents in this school.”

“Well clearly you’re not as cool or attractive as Jongin because he’s the only one I ever hear about.”

“Still sticking up for him even when he dumped you, how cute.” Seok Kwang began to back Kyungsoo against the tree and raised both his arms on either side, trapping the smaller boy.

    Sehun watched from one of the picnic tables and began to worry. He took out his phone and dialed Jongin.

“Jongin you need to get to the courtyard now. I think Kyungsoo is in danger.”

“Why should I care about what happens to that pipsqueak?”

“You said he apologized right? So ing accept the apology you know you want to! Now hurry it’s Seok Kwang.”

The call ended immediately and Sehun turned to see Kyungsoo being thrown over the boy’s shoulder. Sehun ran over as fast as he could and grabbed Seok Kwang’s free shoulder. Sehun knew he wasn’t a match for him. Jongin was the only one who could keep him in line, but he had to help Kyungsoo.

“Put him down Seok Kwang.”

“Nah, I’m not in the mood. I’m going to take this little cutie back to my hideout. We’re going to have loads of fun.” Seok Kwang smirked.

“Like ing hell you are.”

Seok Kwang turned to see an angry Jongin staring him down. Seok Kwang let Kyungsoo down only to grab him in a headlock and used him as a shield. Jongin didn’t want to hurt Kyungsoo in the process of being this guys , he had to get him away somehow.

“Soo.” Kyungsoo perked up at the nickname. “Bite him.”

Kyungsoo did as he was told and chomped down on the boy’s arm. Seok Kwang screamed and threw Kyungsoo forward. Jongin caught him and quickly pushed the boy behind him.

“Now if you don’t want to die, I suggest you run.”

Seok Kwang realizing that he no longer had anything to use against Jongin ran off in fear of having his face deformed. Kyungsoo began to cry and cling onto Jongin who couldn’t help but hug him.

“It was scary wasn’t it? It’s ok you’re safe now.” He hesitantly caress the small boy’s hair.

“I-it’s not that! I’m so sorry Nini. You still saved me even though I’m such an awful person. I really miss you so much!”

Jongin knelt down and held Kyungsoo’s face in his hands.

“Hey, it’s ok. I forgive you. I can understand why you were angry at that time believe me.”

“Does this mean y-you aren't b-b-breaking up with me?” Kyungsoo stuttered.

Jongin leaned in and kissed the boy’s soft lips gently. He pulled away and look into his wide eyes and smiled.

“Does that answer your question?”

Kyungsoo tackled Jongin into a hug and sobbed.

“Nini I love you so much!”

Jongin held him tight whilst he cried. They had both missed the feeling of each other’s warmth so much. Eventually, Kyungsoo fell asleep after crying himself to exhaustion. Jongin picked him up bridal style and carried him back to his place. Right now they just needed to be with each other and make up for lost time.

So, it's 2:34 am right now and I have to wake up for school at 6:00 am but I feel like I had to update this. So I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you all for subscribing, upvoting, and commenting! I truly appreciate it~ Also I apologize for any grammar mistakes, I'm just a bit tired XD

(I do not own any of the images. They all belong to their rightful owners.)