The Plot Thickens and so does the Tension

Bite Me.

“Do I look like a tough guy now?” Kyungsoo scowled cutely and pointed to his stitches.

Jongin and the others tried to keep a serious face, but they eventually burst out laughing. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were once again the loudest out of all of them. He knocked their heads together and angrily plopped himself into Jongin’s lap. He wrapped his arms around his tiny boyfriend and began to tell him that he was the toughest guy he’s ever met. Kyungsoo smiled proudly and snuggled deeper into the tan boy’s hold, which some might say doesn’t match the characteristic of a tough guy. All their friends around them began faking gag sounds and Lay almost choked on his mouthful of funions when they all saw the very public, very affectionate display. Suho was especially affected. Soo just stuck his tongue out in reply before sinking back into Jongin’s warm embrace. Chanyeol quieted everyone down, shockingly, and told Kyungsoo to tell them all how it actually happened. Not his fake story about a bar fight.

“I was running after Suho hyung when I tripped and fell.” He explained, clearly embarrassed.

“Why were you running after hyung?” Jongin inquired, a little bit jealous.

“He was being a butthead that’s why.”

The room erupted into laughter over the childish insult and Suho awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. His whole “sweep Kyungsoo off his feet and steal him from Jongin” plan wasn’t working out very well. He got up and left his boisterous friends to refill the snack bowls, he also wanted to get out of the room before he freaked out over the lovey dovey couple in front of him. As he was pulling out the array of doritos flavors Lay entered the kitchen and hopped up on top of the counter.

    Suho hadn’t realized, but he wasn’t the only one with an unrequited love. He never noticed the way Lay looked at him with eyes filled with love and respect. He was too busy with his one sided love story to notice the one that was blossoming right beside him. Lay grabbed the spicy nacho doritos and opened the bag for himself.

“Do we have anymore funions?” Lay questioned while shoving food in his mouth.

“You eat like a pothead.” Suho laughed. “Eat something other than chips and ramen for once.”

“You sound like my mother.”

Suho just smiled and told him that that’s why he was the mother in their friend group. Lay felt his heart stop when he saw his crush’s beautiful smile. Sehun always told Suho that he was more attractive when he didn’t show any emotion, but Lay thought how that couldn’t be more wrong. The way that Suho’s eyes lit up whenever he smiled was magical. Lay felt like for that moment they were in their own world. That was until Kyungsoo walked in of course causing Suho to start stuttering over his words and blush. Lay felt his heart break a bit. He already knew the truth, it didn’t mean that it hurt any less. Finally Suho was back to his normal self when Kyungsoo exited with one of the bowls of chips.

“Why do you like him?” Lay asked.

“What!?” Suho paused for a while. “Is it that noticeable?”

Lay just nodded in response.

“Well, I honestly don’t know. He’s cute, but we all know that. He’s funny as well. I can’t actually pinpoint what I truly like about him.” Suho chuckled awkwardly.

Lay casted his eyes towards the ground. He wanted to tell him to just forget about someone that wouldn’t love him back, but it would make him a major hypocrite. He just faked a laugh and went to the cabinet to get some ramen.

“Did you listen to me just now?” Suho scolded Lay whilst pulling out kimchi and eggs. “If you’re going to have ramen at least add some nutrition to it you dumb unicorn.”

Suho really did act like a mom, but Lay loves it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Come on Soo stop pouting.” Jongin begged.

Kyungsoo crossed his arms and turned his back towards his desperate boyfriend. Recently Jongin had been acting quite secretive, so of course like a worried boyfriend Kyungsoo asked what was wrong. Jongin told him it was nothing but he always knows when he’s lying. Soo desperately wanted to crawl back into Jongin’s lap and continue playing video games, but then he would be accepting defeat. That was never going to happen.

“Come on, you said you wanted to finish Kingdom Hearts today so we can start the second one next weekend! I know you want to continue playing~” Jongin kept trying to get the older boy to talk to him.

Finally Jongin gave up and left the room with a sigh. Kyungsoo began worrying. He thought that he may have made the situation worse. He was still going to stand his ground though. He was way too stubborn to give in, even to his lovely boyfriend. He heard footsteps coming back to the room and quickly swiveled back into his original position.

“Turn around Soo.” Kyungsoo stayed in his spot. “Soo this is the secret so turn around!”

Kyungsoo whipped his body around to see Jongin holding out his hands. In his palms was a little white box wrapped with a bright red bow. Kyungsoo looked up with wide eyes, Jongin just pushed his hands forward trying to hide the blush on his face. He still became so nervous with these things. Kyungsoo grabbed the box slowly and opened it. Inside was a simple silver chain with a ring on it. Engraved in the ring was Jongin and his initials. Kyungsoo’s eyes began to tear up when Jongin pulled his own chain and ring out from underneath his shirt. He ran over and tackled his tan boyfriend in a hug. Suddenly the adorable moment was ruined when Kyungsoo’s phone began ringing. He smiled awkwardly and clambered over to the coffee table where his phone was lying. By the time he got over though, the ringing abruptly stopped. He glanced down at his missed calls to see who it was.

“It was Suho hyung” He said out loud, but mainly to himself.

Kyungsoo crawled back over to Jongin’s lap and cuddled close before continuing the game. Jongin tried to focus on defeating the heartless in the game, but his mind kept wandering back to Suho’s call. The tan boy’s close friend seemed oddly obssessed with Soo. He was always talking to him, smiling at him, and always asking Jongin how he was. Never how their relationship was, only how Kyungsoo was. He could very well ask him by himself. Jongin tried to tell himself that he was being overdramatic and thinking too much. He couldn’t help but get angry though because of one annoying thought that kept creeping into his mind. Maybe Suho liked Kyungsoo.

 

So I wanted to write and post this yesterday but I went on a college visit so I had to wait until today so I'm super sorry for that! I hope you liked this chapter! Thanks to everyone who comments, upvotes, and subscribes! I truly appreciate it~