Epilogue

Bite Me.

Jongin struggled to hold Taeoh down whilst he tried to pour sunblock on him. The last thing he needed was his boy leaving the beach looking like a lobster. Three year olds aren’t very good at dealing with sunburns, the boy would never fall asleep until his skin was normal again. Finally the boy stopped squirming when he got distracted by a little blue crab scampering across the sand. Taeoh giggled and clapped. Once his father let go he tried to copy the way the crab walked, falling in the process. Jongin takes note that Taeoh seems to be just as clumsy as Kyungsoo. Who would've thought an adopted child would look and act so much like his parents.

“Soo, why did we come to the beach today? You hate it here because you burn too easily.”

“I have a special surprise for you! I just so happen to know someone that works at the beach diner. Believe me you’re in for a treat.”

Jongin perked up. Usually he would whine and say that he just wanted to eat Soo’s food, but clearly he put a lot of thought into it.

    After a long afternoon of swimming, Taeoh screaming, and Kyungsoo walking with an umbrella constantly hovering over his head they decided to head to the diner for something to eat. The hostess took them to their booth and they quickly began to skim the menu. Kyungsoo excused himself to the restroom. Little did Jongin know that Kyungsoo was meeting with their waiter in the back. Kyungsoo got distracted and had a long conversation, he didn’t come back for awhile and Jongin worried that he may have a stomach ache. Kyungsoo assured him that he was fine and that he was getting the surprise ready. Finally the waiter came and Jongin’s eyes were still skimming over the menu. The waiter asked to take their drink orders first and Jongin immediately looked up when he heard a familiar voice. Standing in front of their table was a Oh Sehun with a notepad and a pen in his hand, of course there was also a smirk plastered on his face. Jongin jumped up and pulled his best friend into a tight hug. He hadn’t seen or heard from him since their freshman year of college. He knew the boy was probably off being busy, but he didn’t want to be forgotten in the process. He quickly asked Sehun a million questions. He told him that he would answer them all when he brought out their food since they are his last table of the day before he goes home. Eventually he arose from the kitchen with large plates of steaming, hot food. Sehun scooted into the booth next to Kyungsoo and after being introduced to the precious Taeoh began telling them what he’s been up to.

    After his first year of college he quickly got bored of being a business major he decided to focus on dancing. Jongin quickly chided in explaining that he went the same route. Sehun dropped out of college and travelled to China to audition as a backup dancer for a famous Chinese singer named Luhan. He fell in love with Luhan and soon their relationship was all over the media and was considered a scandal. They decided to take a break and let everything cool down. Sehun left Luhan’s tour and came back to Korea and had trouble finding a job. He is currently a waiter at three different restaurants.

    Kyungsoo, Jongin, and Taeoh stared at Sehun with wide eyes. Jongin and Kyungsoo were staring because they truly didn’t know so much had happened to their friend and were tempted to check Chinese social media and news. Taeoh was staring because he didn’t understand one word that came out the strange man’s mouth. Jongin suddenly jumped with joy when an idea came to mind, he spilled in fries in the process though.

“Sehun how would you like to have only one, good paying job.” Jongin said more as an offer rather than a question.

“I would love it man, but I never finished college so it’s impossible.”

“”Well, whilst you were away I opened up a dance studio. I would love for you to come teach hip hop there. Also, if you still need extra money after that I’m sure Soo would let you work at the diner he owns. It’s a thousand times better than this hole.”

Sehun felt tears pricking his eyes as he hugged all of them, including the forever confused Taeoh, and thanked them. They invited Sehun to come over since his shift was over, of course he wouldn’t pass the opportunity up. Finally, once they were all settled in the car, Jongin asked how Kyungsoo and Sehun set the whole surprise up.

“Well, your guy’s wedding pictures were all over instagram and I fault awful that I couldn’t make it...even though you asked me to be your best man. I sent you guys a card and Kyungsoo quickly wrote me back saying he hid the card from you and that he had an amazing idea so I went along with it. At first I was hesitant. I was embarrassed about coming home to see all of you since all of your lives turned out so perfect, while mine was a wreck.”

“Sehun, never be embarrassed about things like that ever again. You’re my best friend! Do you know how worried I’ve been?” I wouldn’t have cared even if you were homeless, well of course I would care if you were homeless I- YOU GET WHAT I MEAN!” Jongin ranted on.

“Oh well, then I guess you won’t judge me when I tell you that I’ve been sleeping in the beach diner.”

“WHAT!?” Kyungsoo and Jongin yelled, almost swerving the car off the road.

“You are staying with us until you are stable enough to get an apartment by yourself!” Kyungsoo scolded.

“Yes mother. Or should I call you dad? What do you two even go by with Taeoh?” Sehun sassed.

“Hey! Daddy is mine! He’s not your daddy!” Taeoh yelled.

“Yeah yeah I know kid. You know you shouldn’t yell at your Uncle Sehun. If you’re well behaved I’ll buy you the most amazing thing in the world.”

“Really?! What is it?”

“Bubble tea of course!”

“What is bubble tea Uncle Sehun?”

Sehun gasped. “You’ve never given Taeoh bubble tea! That’s child abuse!”

    Later that night Kyungsoo called a babysitter and the two adults, and Sehun headed out to meet the rest of the gang for a drink. Xiumin, Chen, Lay, and Suho were already there when they arrived. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were late which wasn’t surprising at all. they all began to catch up when Chanyeol and Baekhyun showed up. Baekhyun had their one year old baby girl Jong Nari strapped to his chest in a carrier. She was sobbing like crazy.

“We tried to call a babysitter but no one was available so we had to bring her with us, and now she’s hungry.” Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol. “Order some milk for her and carrots, I brought her sippy cup.”

“Just Jong mean chaste and silent? Jong Nari is pretty loud for that name.” Chen joked.

“You can totally tell they used Baekhyun’s for the donor egg.” Xiumin pointed out.

“Yah! Shut your mouths my baby is perfect!”

“We never said Nari Jong wasn’t perfect, it’s you that has a few screws loose.” Sehun teased.

For the rest of the night they laughed with each other and took turns entertaining Jong Nari. Unsurprisingly, Kyungsoo  and Jongin were the best when it came to the little girl. It felt so amazing to have the whole group together, they even planned another hang out where they could bring Taeoh. They were all still best friends and they were going to stay like that until the end of time.

The story is now officially over! I really hope you enjoyed it and I appreciate all of your support! Please check out my other kaisoo fic that I will now be updating more often! Thank you so much for everything~

(the images do not belong to me. They all belong to their rightful owner)