As She Walked Away

Snail Love

[Key’s POV]

I laid on the hospital bed with my eyes closed. Key, get ready for a whole new life. I will confess to Jonghyun. My Kim Jonghyun. I heard the door click open and steps, someone was walking towards my bed. “Yah, what are you doing here?” it was Minho. I opened my eyes, “I texted you earlier! Didn’t you get it?” I asked. Minho shook his head. “Then why are you here?” Minho looked away and I saw his tears fall. “J-Jonghyun. He got hit by a car, and they say that he’s brain dead. Right now they’re preparing him for surgery since on his license it said that he was a donor.” Minho couldn’t help himself and continued to bawl his eyes out. Surgery? Donor? “AH!” I yelled and bolted upright. I began to rip away the wires that monitored my heart rate and other medical . “Jonghyun!” I clutched at my chest, this is going to kill me. I stumbled out the door and ram into Onew. “Yah what’s wrong?” he said, while helping me straight myself up. “Jonghyun. I have to- I have to tell him, that I- I love him.” My knees gave out and I collapsed on the floor. “I-I can’t let him be my donor. I- I just can’t.” my heart was racing, to the point where it was getting harder and harder to breathe. Onew kneeled by me and shouted, “We need a nurse right now!” I see Minho bolt out the door and sprint down the hallway. “D-death is better than living without J- Jonghyun.” I start to cry and before I out, I feel my body being lifted and put on a stretcher. “…surgery right now.” I heard Dr. Taemin say before I fell into darkness.

[Eun Jae’s POV]

“Jonghyun, oh Jonghyun.” I held his hands and cried. “I can’t believe that you’re my childhood love, and you never told me.” The beeps from the heart monitor beeped, signaling his remaining hours on earth. “Why did you have to put yourself as a donor?” I rested my head on his chest. “I love you.” I whispered before someone came in. “Eun Jae?” It was Onew. Lifting my head up, I leave them to be alone and walked towards the lobby. Sitting down, I quietly thought of all the things Jonghyun and I could’ve done as a couple. “Here.” A deep voice said and handed me a cup of warm coffee. “Are you okay?” he asked while giving my shoulders a brief rub. I nodded. “I believe that he will survive.” I quietly said. I heard Minho sigh. “Eun, there’s something I got to tell you. Key is the recipient of Jonghyun’s heart.” I gasped in shock. “And right now, Key’s in the operating room, being prepared for his donor’s heart.” Minho blinked away tears. I stood up and ran towards the bathroom, wanting to be alone.

I sat on the floor of the stall and cried, my huge heaving sobs attracted someone. –knock knock- “Are you alright?” it was a woman with a velvety voice. Sniffling I opened the door. Taking one look at me, she hugged me close to her full chest. “It’s okay. Shhh…” she said to me and softly brushed my hair. We stood there for a while until I got myself under control. “Thank you.” I deeply bowed to her and started to walk out. “Hey, I never got your name!” she called out after me. “Oh, I’m Eun Jae.” I bowed again and left to where Minho was sitting.

[Onew’s POV]

I held onto my best friend’s hand and cried out. “Yah, Jonghyun. You can’t leave me right now. After all we’ve been through, you can’t just go like this.” Crying, I let go of his hand and pounded my chest, the spot over my heart. “Do you know how much it’s gonna hurt if you leave? I’m already hurting. It feels like I’m being ripped apart. Don’t leave me like this.” I pounded my chest one last time and quieted down when I heard someone enter.  “Is this Kim Jonghyun’s room?” A beautiful lady walked in, her eyes were huge and she was short. I nodded. “Yeah,” I answered. She hurriedly walked over to his bed side and I saw huge tears fall. “Yah, pabo. How are we supposed to get married now?” her voice was soft, it was as if she was caressing the words like singers did on stage. She moved away a piece of stray hair from his face. “Mom is going to be upset. I haven’t even told you about the wedding day and how it’s supposed to go.” She quickly wiped her tears and parted her lips once more to speak. “I’ll see you soon, I’ll do what I can to help you.” And gave him a light peck on his bruised cheeks. What just happened? He’s getting married? What is this?

[Minho’s POV]

Eun Jae returned and sat down next to me. She had started to cry again. “Eun Jae, please stop crying.” I told her. She apologized. I just wanted to hold her right there. Keep her safe in my arms until she won’t hurt anymore. What I hadn’t realized is that she was running away towards someone. “Key!” her voice yelled. I saw her envelop Key in a warm embrace. My skin feels warm, but my heart is so cold. I turned my head away in envy.

[Key’s POV]

I opened my eyes, the room was brightly lit. “Key?” it was Dr. Taemin. “You’re free to go now. Your donor’s family denied you the heart transplant, they said they wanted to keep him on life support.” Dr. Taemin helped me sit up. “You mean, I can go now?” he nodded. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my clothes to change out of the hospital pajamas. Kim Jonghyun, you better not die on me! I ran off towards the lobby. “Key!” I see Eun run towards me and pull me into a hug. I see my little Minho off in the corner of my vision. “Where’s Jjong?” I asked while walking towards him. Eun held my hand and dragged me off to his room before Minho could answer.

Just right before we were to enter, a beautiful woman walked out of the room, with a tear streaked face.  “Oh Unnie!” Eun Jae bowed. I nodded my head. She ignored Eun Jae and dialed someone on her phone as she walked away.


I hope you guys didn't catch my mistake in the earlier chapter, where i said that Key's Dr. was Jinki, i momentarily forgot that Onew was already the baker's owner ... So i changed it to Dr. Taemin. Anyways, sorry for the late update... i have been busy. . . but, to make up for that, here's a picture of Taemin i saw today. And BOOYYY did it make me happy. XD

Love me much ? ;D hahaha

Ppyeong ~