Just Kidding

Snail Love

[Eun Jae’s POV]

I bolted straight up as I recalled what happened before I fell asleep. “I’ll be there to protect you…when you’re afraid… I’ll be your light… fade…”  These words, I couldn’t get them out of my head. I’m trying to remember what happened that will make someone say that. “I’ll be there to protect you…” I mumbled out loud. I don’t remember who said that to me. All I can recall is being in the dark feeling cold and then someone hold me. Was it a dream? It felt real enough… Then the name Key popped into my head. “Key-ah?” I said. I then realized that I was sleeping in Key’s bed. I looked around and for the first time, got an insight of who he really was. His clothes were organized by color in his walk in closet. His DVD collection was arranged in alphabetical order and his sunglass collection was sitting in a clear container on his metal desk. That makes sense. Because he saved me from the thugs that invaded the bakery when we first met. Oh! And he let me wear his jacket and let me live in his house. Is it cause he likes me? Dear momma, why am I put into this situation? I miss you …. Please come visit me in my dreams soon. I can’t believe that I didn’t realize what has been in front of me the whole time… Tears flowed from my eyes as I covered my face. The bedroom door then opened. Key? He walked over here and sat on the bed. “Yah, Eun Jae. You’re wetting my pillow.” He tenderly said to me. I sniffled and wiped my nose on my sleeve. Sitting up, I spoke. “Sorry Key-ah. I didn’t know you felt this way about me. All this time, you wanted to protect me and you did. I’m thankful. I’m thankful you saved me from the bad guys at the bakery and now for tonight. I didn’t realize that you were my light. Key-ah. Thank you so much.” Leaning forward, I kissed him on the lips. My tears kept streaming down my face and combined with our kiss. I felt him pull away and clutch his chest. I could hear that he was having a hard time breathing. His eyes looked frantic as he scanned the room for something. He then reached over and popped a pill. “Please don’t tell Jjong.” He breathlessly said to me. I nodded and reached to feel his forehead if he had a fever or not then my hands went to his bare chest. I could feel the flutter of his heart, beating against his rib cage. “Are you okay?” I asked him with tears in my eyes. I noticed that he nodded and looked at me urgently. “Yeah. You just kind of surprised me that’s it.” He gave me a small smile. I don’t know what to do. “Hold on let me get Jonghyun Oppa!” I yelled and stood to go get him. I felt Key’s hand that was very cold. “Please don’t. Get Minho, my brother instead. He’s on the couch.” He weakly said to me. I hurried since his eyes closed immediately after her told me.

Shaking Minho awake, I rambled on about what happened. “Wait, what? Did he take his medicine?” Minho asked me. I nodded. “Yeah, but he’s fell asleep after he took it. I don’t know what to do.” I cried into my hands again. Minho rubbed my shoulders. “He’s gonna be fine. I’ve dealt with this before. He has a heart condition. That’s all. No cardio for him, or anything that will make his heart beat too fast. His heart valve is too small for blood to go through it properly. His medicine helps lower his heart rate. Just make sure he’s warm and well fed.” Minho smiled at me. “He didn’t tell you?” I shook my head. “I figured by now you guys would have noticed why he leaves the house a lot.” Then it clicked in my head. Key is always out of the house, so he would’ve have been to the doctor all those times. I smiled at Minho and went to check upon Key. On my way there I bumped into Jonghyun. “Hey, why are you up so early? You don’t even go to school.” He said while rubbing his eyes. I panicked and my eyes got wide. “Uh-uh-uh, because I’m hungry, so I’m going to wake up Key to make some food.” I averted his eye contact. “Don’t, let him sleep, okay?” he said to me. I sighed as if I was disappointed. He rubbed the top of my head and walked to the bathroom. I quickly checked to see if he was still watching and went into Key’s room. I came in and touched his forehead. It seemed regular. Then I touched his arms to see if he was cold. And I was right. His arms had Goosebumps all over and he turned my way when he felt the heat. What should I do? I pondered for a moment then climbed into his bed and laid underneath the blanket, close to him. He turned around again and faced me. His arms went around my waist and he pulled me closer. My head was very close to his bare chest. “Shhh… It’s okay I’m here now Jjong. It’s alright, shhh.” He whispered into my hair. “What are you talking about Key?” I looked up at him and saw that he was still asleep. “Yah, Key, wake up. It’s time for school.” Jonghyun walked in and saw that I was snuggled to his chest. “Oh, sorry for interrupting.” He awkwardly said and walked back out.

[Key’s POV]

I felt something warm snuggled on my chest. It must be Jjong again and he probably crawled into my bed like usual. Before I opened my eyes, I smelled strawberries, not Jonghyun’s usual minty scent. I finally opened them and saw that I had my arms around Eun Jae who is sound asleep. I looked at the clock and it said 11:12am. I missed school, crap mom and dad are going to yell at me. I let her go and stood up to go use the bathroom. “Minho where are you?” I said out loud. No one answered. He’s probably still asleep. I shrugged my shoulders and went to shower.

I came out half an hour later hearing Eun’s laugh combined with Minho’s. “Yah, why didn’t you wake me up for school?” I asked Minho. He smiled and said, “Because you were tired hyung.” I rolled my eyes and looked at the kitchen table. On it was all my favorite foods. “Key-ah, I made lunch for you.” It was Eun. I awkwardly looked at her and thanked her for it. Minho laughed and left to watch the soccer game on TV. I could feel Eun staring me down. “Is it good?” she finally asked. I nodded. She giggled. Wait, did she just giggle? And left to go sit with Minho.

[Eun Jae’s POV]

Momma, why did I just laugh like that? And why does he make me feel all bubbly, like how I feel about Jonghyun Oppa? Do I like him too? Is it possible to like two people? I sighed and went into my bedroom. Once in my room I pulled out the old letters I wrote back and forth with my childhood love. Tears came to my eyes when I read the last letter I received from him. There was a knock on my door and I wiped the tears away. “Come in.” I said. Key poked his head and then the rest of his body came after shutting the door. “You alright?” He asked me and pointed to the stray tear I didn’t wipe. I nodded. “Well, Minho just told me that he already told you about my heart condition.” I nodded again. “Well, please keep that from Jonghyun? I’m just waiting for a donor to get a heart transplant.” I nodded and smiled. “Okay, but what’s wrong?” he asked me. Wow, this is the first time we’ve had a conversation. “Uh, I’m just rereading my old pen pal letters.” I smiled and felt myself blush. “Yah, let me see!” he said in a singsong voice. I handed him the letters and saw his facial expressions. “Is he your first love?” Key said. I shook my head. “Haha, no just a childhood love.” I nervously laughed and could feel my cheeks burning up. “Yeah, sure!” He laughed and lightly slapped me on the arm.

[Key’s POV]

I’m starting to like her more and more. What the heck, I thought I liked, I mean loved Jonghyun. I wonder how it feels to kiss her again. I leaned forward and planted my smooth lips on hers. I can’t do this to Jonghyun. He loves her and she loves him. But what is this feeling, when I kiss her it feels like fireworks are going off in my head. Ugh! I grabbed my chest. Eun immediately pulled and away and ran out the door. I tried to take deep breaths but my chest was tightening. Eun came in again and shoved a pill down my throat. I swallowed and let out a sigh of relief. Thank you doctor. And felt Eun cover me in blankets. “It’s fine. I’m not cold.” I told her. “No, you are. Minho told me to keep you well fed and warm.” Her voice was muffled. I smiled and eventually fell asleep.

When I woke up I felt someone beside me again. Turning around I hoped it was Eun. I was face to face with Kim Jonghyun. “Yah, how are you? Eun Jae told me you were sick.” His face was creased with worries. I smiled. “I’m fine. It was just a cold.” And he flicked me in the forehead. “Pabo, make sure you wear warmer clothes then. I don’t know what I would do without you here next to me.” he smiled and snuggled into my chest. Same here Jjong, I wouldn’t know what to do without you. “But the other night, you were about to tell me something? What was it?” he looked concerned. “Uh- nothing, don’t worry about it.” I smiled and closed my eyes. “No tell me. or else I’m gonna make you feel very uncomfortable.” His hands crawled down to the bottom of my back. “Yah Kim Jonghyun!” I yelled at him. He smirked and went lower and lightly slapped my . Biting my lip, I pushed him away. “I sometimes wonder if you’re biual! UGH!” I yelled at him. Jonghyun laughed. “Yeah, I am.” He looked me in the eye. “I was just kidding about that joke…” I awkwardly looked away. “No, I’m serious. I love you Key.” He leaned forward and was close to kissing me. “KEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY HYUNNNNNNNGGGGGGG EUN JAE WANNTTS YOUU!” Minho burst into Eun’s room screaming at the top of his lungs. Jonghyun winked at me and whispered, “Just kidding, I like girls.”


Hey guys!

I guess you guys didn't expect two updates today huh? ;D

I finished all my homework so I decided to write another chapter. <3

I'm having a writers block. . . -_____- and I want someone to die, likee within the next chapter. Eh, it prolly won't happen since I have so little characters. . . T.T

Comments & Subscribers will be loved. <3

Ppyeong ~