I love you Kim Jonghyun

Snail Love

“Here is your room. Dinner is usually whatever you find in the fridge. Don’t go into my room without my permission and there’s an extra set of house keys underneath the welcome mat.” Jonghyun said to me, as I set my stuff on the bed. I nodded and Jonghyun walked away again. Geesh, he seems so prude. Looking around I jumped on the bed and snuggled between the white sheets. “Mmm, it smells nice and clean.” I said out loud to no one in particular. I opened my eyes and noticed that the room was plain and simple. A dark colored wood for the bed frame, white sheets, pillows, carpet and the furniture matched the bed frame. The walls were also white and the curtains too. Everything seemed so pure and simple. I closed my eyes again and prayed to my mom. Dear momma, I am so lucky to have a nice boss. He helped me find a place to stay. I need to continue with my job, but now that I don’t have to worry so much about the rent. Onew told me that 25% of my pay check would cover the cost of living here. Kim Jonghyun is nice I guess. He may seem kind of prude and ignorant, maybe even a little cocky, but I know he has a good heart. Momma, I miss you so much. My thoughts drifted off and I began to fall asleep.

“Yah, wake up.” Someone said. I opened my eyes slowly and rubbed them. “Hmm?” I replied. “Dinner time.” He said. “Key?” I asked him while covering myself with the blanket. “Dinner time. You got 5 minutes to be seated at the table or else you get no food.” And with that Key left my room. I bounced off the bed and rushed to the bathroom and washed my face.

[Key’s POV]

I smiled as I walked away from her room. Wah, I can’t believe it’s the same girl that I saved the other day. I’m going crazy… I walked into the kitchen and placed her bowl of rice on the table. Looking at my watch I timed her. With just 2 minutes to spare, Eun Jae rushes in the kitchen with her hair pulled back. “Okay, I’m here!” she said while looking flushed. “Good, now eat.” I said to her. Eun Jae gave me a huge smile. “Thank you Key, I’ll eat well!” she bowed and started to dig in. “Have you eaten yet?” she asked me while was full. I nodded. “Yeah.” She smiled again and continued to eat. “Yah Key! Why don’t you ever make me food too huh?” It was Jonghyun. I shrugged. “Cause you’re a guy. Go find your own food.” I told him. Jonghyun smirked and walked back to where he came from. “Why is Jonghyun Oppa so… I don’t know… mean or irritated?” Eun Jae asked me. “That’s cause his father remarried a while back and ran away from home.” I explained. “What? Isn’t this his home?” she gave me a clueless expression. “No, it’s mine. My mom and dad make enough money and don’t really care what I do. So, Jonghyun and you live with me. But I’m rarely home anyways, so this is Jonghyun’s bachelor pad.” Eun Jae nodded and said, “Oh yeah, I forgot you told me that your mom and dad didn’t love you…” I nodded and patted her back. “Eat and clean up. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I told her and left to find Jonghyun.

I found him laying on the couch pouting. “Yah, are you mad?” I asked him. He turned his face away. “YAH KIM JONGHYUN!” I yelled at him. He finally turned around and looked me in the face. “It’s her.” He plainly said to me. “What? What are you talking about?” I asked him while kneeling on the floor to hear him better. “My childhood pen pal from Seoul. We lost contact about a year ago. But Key, it’s her. Please don’t say anything about me knowing that she’s my pen pal.” He whispered in my ears. I bit my lip and nodded. “Yeah hyung, don’t worry about it. I promise.” I said and held out my pinky. Jonghyun locked his around mine and smiled. “Okay good, because I’m gonna end up hurting her if she really knew who I was.” I sighed and got up. “Are you sleeping in my room tonight? Or your own?” I asked him. Jonghyun smiled. “Mine tonight.” I gave him a weak smiled and before I left I told him, “There’s extra food in the fridge that I made for you. Go eat it.” And left the room.

[Jonghyun’s POV]

I can’t believe that after all these years I finally get to see her. My childhood love. Haha, I remember the letters we wrote back and forth. We told each other everything and left nothing out. The only thing we never talked about was how we felt about each other. I was too scared to really tell her how I felt so I told her about my failed relationships and kept quiet about my family life. Park Eun Jae, what a unique name. Pfft, Jonghyun is a common name, no wonder she doesn’t know that it’s me. I sighed and sat up from the couch and headed towards the kitchen. It was nearly 10 pm and the lights were off. Turning on the lights I flinched when I saw a body hunched over on the table. “Yah!” I yelled out. It was Eun Jae. I tapped her leg but got no response. I glanced around and noticed that she ate all her food but knocked out cold. I guess she must be tired. I pulled her leg and it woke her up. “Mmm?” she said. “Yah, you fell asleep on the table.” I told her. Eun Jae nodded and rubbed her eyes. “Yeh, I’ll go to my room Jonghyun Oppa.” She said and started to get up but ended up tripping over her feet and landing in my arms. “Oh sorry Jonghyun Oppa…” she mumbled and proceeded to get up. I could feel my cheeks burn up and my face getting hot. “Um, do you know where my room is?” she asked whiles scratching her head. I pointed towards the hallway. “The second left.” She smiled and patted my head. “Goodnight.” And walked to her room. I could feel my heart beating fast underneath my t-shirt. What is wrong with me? And lost my appetite. All I could think about was Eun Jae falling in my arms and me catching her. I smiled and closed the kitchen lights to go into my room. Laying on my bed, I drifted off to sleep with my last thoughts being of Eun Jae who was just one door down.

[Key’s POV]

I could hear Jonghyun’s scream across the hallway. I let out a sigh and got up not caring that I was half with boxers on. Bumping into something I yelped. “Oh, sorry Key! I didn’t see you there!” it was Eun Jae. “Turn on the lights next time then.” I told her and opened Jonghyun’s door. I see him thrashing around in bed and I crawled into his bed shushing him. “Shhhh, Jonghyun its alright.” I whispered in his ears and he stopped moving. My hands were around his waist and I could feel the sweat staining his light sleeping t-shirt. I held him close and Jonghyun turned around to face me. His eyes were still closed but his breathing got even. “Yah pabo, I asked you if you wanted to sleep over and you refused.” I scolded him in the dark. I felt someone sit on the end of the bed. “You’re not supposed to be in her Eun Jae.” I told her. “But, I heard Jonghyun Oppa screaming I thought he was in danger.” She said to me. “Don’t worry about it. Go back to bed, you’ll be tired tomorrow.” She got off the bed and quietly closed the doors. “Kim Jonghyun, I love you.” I said softly to him before drifting off to sleep.