Phobia

DETRIMENT

Hellooooo~ it's me....

ahahahah.. ok so this time, this one i'm a little bit hesitated to upload it because i, myself unsure where this story will be going..

does it even make any sense? will it be too ridiculous? i don't know.. 

i just hope i wont change my mind later on.. that'll be disaster to my story~  enjoy..

and to chili-nim and lina eonnie... have a good day and dont eat too much! share some with me ok? ^^

 


 

The sun was scorching hot, making the people in the town looking for a place to cool themselves. Though some of them have no choice but had to withstand with the weather. Somewhere in the middle of the town, there were four lads busy arranging things. Two of them kept going up and down; carrying things from the dark blue sedan to a certain apartment while another two were placing the stuffs around their house.

BAM! 

A guy with muscular body put the box not so softly on the floor. With a heavy sigh he leaned on the wall and sat dramatically on the floor.

“Why on earth do I’ve to spend my lovely weekend by enslaving myself for this??” he complained.

“Well, you’ll get free food?” the cute button-nose guy replied.

“No, you got it wrong. It’s a punishment for your prank,” came a man with his big doe eyes joining them on the floor as well.

“Awww.. come on!” he rolled his eyes. “It’s been two months and you’d already tortured me at the store. When will you stop rubbing it on my face?”

“When you stop trolling people?”

“Seriously Jaejoong-hyeong?? You expect HIM to stop trolling? Like seriously?” he yelped in pain when he received a smack at the back of his head.

“Like you’re any better than me, Junsu-ah. You’re a prankster too,”

“AM not!” a hand suddenly ruffling his hair and he looked up to see the culprit. “Yunho-hyeong!!” he protested.

“Yeah.. I heard from Jaejoong that you and Changmin love to prank people ever since you were in high school,”

“That’s not true!” Junsu stomped his feet and accidentally kicked a medium canvas near him on the ground.

“Yah!!!” Jaejoong screamed at him. Junsu just made face.

“Jaejoongie... These paintings are beautiful but don’t you think that you bought too many of it?”

“You don’t know?” Changmin asked.

“Know what?”

“He didn’t buy it but draw it. Jaejoong-hyeong was an art student,” his brother informed. Yunho widened his eyes.

“Really? He didn’t tell me that,”

“I don’t think it’s important? Plus, it was an old story,”

“Where did you keep all these before? I don’t think we had it in our old house,”

“The store,”

“You really have the talent. Don’t want to make it as your profession?” he compliment which made the older man blushed.

“I just do it as a hobby,”

“He always paint real things though. No such thing as imaginary. Still, I never understand his arts.”

“That’s because you don’t know the value of it!” Jaejoong accused Changmin. “Have you done yet? I think there’s more stuff down there. Go and do your work, ladies. Yunnie, can you helped me bring these paintings in that room?” he got up and left his dongsaengs grunting.

They got up and continued doing their work. Of course, the youngsters did it with long faces which got no attention from the raven. Yunho helped his spouse arranging the canvases to a room at the end of the hall.

“Do you mind if I use this room as my art room?”

“No, of course! Better you use it rather than leave it empty,” he received a quick peck on his lips.

“Thank you. I know it’s such a hassle but thank you for agreed to move to this apartment with me,”

“Did you expect to live alone?”

“You know I didn’t mean it that way!” Jaejoong puffed his cheeks. “This room need to be mopped. I’m going to get it,” Yunho nodded and let the man went to the small storeroom next to the kitchen. 

Jaejoong halted for a second in front of the storeroom; took a deep breath in nervousness before entered. He was looking for the mop and did not realized that the door was slowly closed behind him. When he heard the sudden sound of the door clicked, he turned around and froze a moment in his spot. He went to the door to open it.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me,” he muttered. He turned the knob but the door refused to open. “Yunho-ah,” he called him trying not to sound panic.

“Yunho-ah,” he called louder this time while knocking on the door. 

Getting no response, he began to panic and frantically banging the door while calling for Yunho again and again. Yunho who was busy in the room heard the banging sound. He peeped his head out and heard the noise.

“Jaejoongie?” he went to the storeroom.

“Yunnie! Please open the door,” he pleaded. Yunho tried but failed.

“How can you got locked inside? You’re such a klutz,” he chuckled in amused.

“Can you... can you open it or not?!?” he sounded agitated.

“It’s locked,”

“Get the key,”

“Ok. Stay there,” then he realized that sound so stupid. Where can he go to, he was locked in there for god’s sake!

“Hurry!!”

“I’m on it!” he left searching for the key. He tried to search in every corner and seemed cannot to find it. Great! He forgot where did he put it. Did I lost it? 

Meanwhile, inside the storeroom Jaejoong was sitting on the floor and leaning on the door. His felt his chest was tightening and his head was getting dizzy. Hitting his chest a few times as he felt like being choked and asking for more oxygen. He was desperate of it. It had been a few minutes and Yunho had yet to come. He crawled to the side to sit comfortably.

“Jaejoongie... I can’t find it,” said Yunho in disappointment. There was no reply from him. “Jaejoongie? Jaejoong-ah,” he called.

“What’re you doing, hyeong?” Junsu’s voice surprised him. 

“Excuse me, can you move inside? I need to put this thing in and your is getting in the way,” Changmin taunted. Junsu just rolled his eyes and made some space for him to pass. Yunho chortled.

“What’re you doing here?” he repeat his question. “Where’s Jaejoong-hyeong?”

“Ah, about that... he’s locked inside,” he pointed to the door in front of them.

“He what?!”

“You heard me,”

“THEN WHAT’RE YOU WAITING FOR?? GET HIM OUT OF THERE!” Junsu suddenly became panicked. Yunho was stunned for a few seconds when he yelled at him.

“I can’t find the key,” he informed.

“Hey Dolph, what’s the matter?” Changmin came running to them.

“Jaejoong-hyeong is locked inside and he can’t find the key!”

“Jaejoong-hyeong?? Jaejoong-hyeong... can you hear me?” Changmin kept banging the door and heard no reply from the man.

“Jaejoongie??!” this time his husband called. He was worried as the other did not respond to them.

“Let’s just break it,” Junsu suggested. Having no option as it seemed that was the only idea they had, they agreed.

“Jaejoongie, we’ll get you out but you have to stay away from the door. Do you hear me?” still no response. “On count of three. One...”

“Ouch!” Junsu yelped in pain as he was the only one who bang the door

“He said on three, you dumb!” Changmin huffed.

“Sorry,”

“One... Two... Three!” and three of them flying with full force and managed to break the door. Yunho was frantically looking for Jaejoong and saw him sitting quietly; hugging himself on the wall. “Jaejoong-ah!”

He ran to him and realized that his spouse was sweating like a pig while the other two waiting at the outside as the storeroom was too narrow to occupy more than two adults. His body was cold too. Carrying him in bridal style, he brought Jaejoong to the bedroom and lay him on the mattress.

*****

After the little-bit-chaotic situation, the three of them settling in the living room; letting Jaejoong to sleep peacefully. The sound of the doorbell made Yunho got up from his seat to greet the guest.

“Sorry, I’m late but I brought food for us. What’s with your face dude? Did Jae hit you?” he laughed at his own remark but soon stopped as his cousin did not make any attempt to protest or join him laughing.

“Come in,” Yunho just went inside followed by Yoochun.

“Ooooookkkk, this is so dreadful. Did something happened?” he put the groceries that he bought aside and sit with them in the living room.

“Kim Junsu, I think you owe me an explanation.” Yunho stated dryly.

“I bet he didn’t tell you about it,” Junsu scratched his neck as he was unsure of his decision. “Actually, Jaejoong-hyeong has claustrophobia.”

“What? Since when?”

“I don’t really know. He’s already suffered from it when mom took him in 20 years ago. We brought him to the doctor... I mean the psychiatrist to treat him but it’s not easy to cure from this. We don’t know what’s the cause. He never wants to talk about it. He used to cry a lot because of nightmares too,” he informed.

“Nightmares?” Yunho questioned and Junsu nodded to it.

“Yeah, but it has stopped one day. Jaejoong-hyeong doesn’t like talking about the past and I respect his wish. But hyeong, if you ever manage to make him talk about it without hurting him, I’d appreciate it.”

“But he was using the lift just fine,”

“Are you really sure that he looks fine? Not pretending to be one?” Changmin’s question made Yunho pondered for a second. He didn’t really pay attention to Jaejoong in the lift.

“It’s not as worst as before. He’s still trying to overcome it,”

“Is there any other things I should know? Or does he has any other phobias?”

“Ah.. and holes,” Junsu stated.

“Holes?”

“He’s afraid to look at holes too. Any hole. Even the peep-hole on the door, he can’t look through it.”

“Why?” Junsu just shrugged. 

“How old were you guys when your late parents adopted him?” Yoochun asked out of the blue. Changmin gave him a look. “What?”

“Did you left your ears at home? Junsu just said 20 years ago, so do the maths by yourself.” 

“10?”

“I’m impressed!”the maknae scoffed. Yunho giggled and glad to be surround with fun people that can make his worries gone for a while.