Worried

DETRIMENT

Hi~ Happy Thursday people~

someone gave me cheese which i dont really appreciate it, so i pour it into this fic... or so i hope~ ahahah.. 

i cringed by myself.. ugh! /hides/

 


 

“Is that phone putting you under its spell?” 

Great... Here it comes the nosy-greasy ball.

“You should fix your habit of barging into my office as you like,”

“Acting superior to your buddy here huh, my dear cousin?” he took a seat on the couch and patted at the space beside him. “Would you care to take a break from the piling papers which I don’t think you even pay attention to it in the first place and join me here?”

The man just scrutinizing at him with suspicious. “What kind of gossip you wanna hear?”

“Yunho... how could you accused me like that?”

“Cut it out, Yoochun-ah. It’s not like I know yesterday,”

“You no fun. So, what’s up?” Yunho looked at him questioningly. “You were staring at the phone for quite some time. Waiting for a call from your husband?”

Yunho sighed. He knew he cannot hide things from his cousin. It is just a matter of time before he finds out. Eventually, he confessed to Yoochun about his acting-like-a-jerk towards Jaejoong. He promised to give the relationship a try but he just messed things up. Yoochun patted his back. He knows his cousin was just confused and still need some time to adapt to his new status. The knocking sound on the door had stopped their conversation.

“Sir, the meeting is about to start in a few minutes.” the secretary came to remind them and left afterwards.

“You know... a call or text will do for now. And later you should make it up at home,” Yoochun advised. He took out his phone after considered the words.

 

To: Jaejoong

I’m sorry for acting that way. 

 

He received a reply right before he went into the meeting room. He gave a small smile and Yoochun noticed it. He automatically gave him his goofy smile.

“Shut up,” Yunho said.

The meeting went smoothly but somehow Yunho’s seemed restless. He might good in controlling his expression but as mentioned earlier, Yoochun knows him too well not to notice it.

“Let’s take a break for awhile,” Yunho looked at him as if his head grows into two. “A minute or two wouldn’t hurt, right?” and with that, the meeting was put on hold for awhile. They both went outside to have a talk.

“What is it?” Yoochun asked.

“What?”

“You seem restless. Is something wrong?”

“I don’t know... I just have this feeling and I don’t think it’s good,”

“Bad feeling? About what? The meeting?”

“That’s the thing.... I don’t know,” and with that, his phone vibrated. He looked at the caller ID before answered it.

“Hello Junsu-ah,”

Hyeong...” he could hear the man sobbing at the other line.

“What’s wrong?”

Jaejoong-hyeong... we... hospital.... -” he heard someone grunted at the back.

You can’t even do the talking,” a voice complaint. “Hyeong... it’s me, Changmin. There had been an accident and we’re on the way to the hospital. Can you come?” 

“What??! What happened?!?” Yoochun was worried seeing his cousin panicked.

I’ll explain later. Can you come now?

“Which hospital?” he nodded a few times before ended the call.

“What hospital? Who’s sick?”

“It’s Jaejoong.... Yoochun-ah, can you continue the meeting without me? I’ve to go...” Yunho looked like he almost go nuts.

“I can take care of this. Just go. But don’t forget to keep me the update, ne?”

“I will,” and with that, Yunho fled out from the building.

*****

Yunho’s POV.

After parked my car in the parking lot, I ran into the hospital and went to the counter. “I’m looking for Kim Jaejoong,” I said desperately. The nurse quickly checked it on the computer. 

“He was on the third floor...- Sir?“ the nurse calling for me but I just left and got into the lift. Getting off at the said floor, I was roaming around looking for familiar faces as I didn’t really listened to the nurse which ward it was.

“Yunho-hyeong!” a voice called my name.

“Changmin-ah!” I fasten my pace and went to the tall man. “Are you ok? Where’s Jaejoong?”

“Junsu is being treated now and so is Jaejoong-hyeong,” he was fidgeting and bit his unique lips.

“What happened?”

“We were having a lunch together and suddenly a lorry came crashing in... and Jaejoong-hyeong pushed us away,”

“Is he hurt badly?”

“He... he... ” and suddenly Changmin broke into tears. “I’m sorry,” 

No, no, no, no. This bad feeling isn’t about this. Jaejoong will be fine. He’s going to be fine.

Changmin was sobbing badly, and that could only be mean one thing.

“Is he... Is he c-critical?” I stuttered the words. He shook.. no, he nodded... wait, he shook his head. “Which one is it!?” 

I grabbed his collar as I was getting annoyed at the answer. But slowly I let him go as I know being mad right now was not helping the situation. The tears had threatening to fall from the pool of my eyes.

God.. Please save him. I haven’t keep my promise yet. Please don’t take him away from me now. Give me a chance, please.

“Yunho-ah...” I turned around as I heard that familiar voice. There he was, standing right in front of me. And his brother standing beside him. “Why’re you crying?”

I looked at him from his head to his toe. Scanning his face and body. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah... Just few scratches here and there. But it’s nothing serious,”

“But Changmin said...” and heartily laughter can be heard. Wait, did I just got fooled by this man? I glared at him and I swear if looks can kill, he would be dead by now.

“He said what?” Junsu asked.

“AHAHAHAHHAH! You should look at his face. He’s as white as the ghost!!”

My head was steaming hot and if we were not in public, I would have had let that Shim Changmin taste my sweet kick.

“Let’s go home,” taking a deep breath, I walked to the lift and waited for them to follow my steps. I saw that Jaejoong looked worried about me from the corner of my eyes.

End of Yunho’s POV.

*****

After dropping Junsu and Changmin at the bookstore; the maknaes insist Jaejoong to take the day off and rest. Letting them took care of the store, they went back to the apartment. Yunho said nothing and just went to their bedroom. Jaejoong followed silently like a kitten. He had forced Changmin to explain it to him when his husband went to get the car and almost strangle that tall lad if it were not for Junsu preventing him to do so.

“Yunho-ah...” he called him lovingly but got no response. 

“Yunnie-ah... Please forgive Changmin. He usually isn’t like that... OK, that’s a lie. He always love to tease people and Junsu is the ultimate target. I guess he was searching for a new target, thus his tricked you and I admit it that he went a little bit too much. But I bet he doesn’t mean to do any harm to you - ummfffh!” 

Jaejoong was caught by surprised in the middle of his long speech when Yunho suddenly hugged him tight. His body slowly relaxed as he was getting comfortable with the bear hug.

“Thank you,”

“Yunho-ah?”

“Thank you for being fine. I’m so glad,” 

“It’s nothing, really. Sorry for the bad prank,” 

Jaejoong made some space to look at his face. They were both standing in the middle of the room, doing nothing but staring into each other’s eyes. Jaejoong’s heartbeat started to pound furiously because that was the first time that they were standing close to each other ever since they met.

“Jaejoong-ah...” the raven was getting tense when the bow-shaped lips called his name.

“Hurm...?”

“I’m sorry for being an in our relationship,”

“What? But you’re not - “

“Please let me finish first,” Jaejoong bit his lips and waited for him to continue.

“I’m sorry for being mean at you when I know you’re trying your best to keep our marriage. I promised to give it a try but so far I’ve done nothing to prove my word. Today, I’ve realized that I’m afraid of losing you... afraid that you’ll never care for me anymore and...”

“And?”

“Jaejoong-ah... can we start all over again? Give me the chance to love you?”

“.....”

“Can I assume that the heartbeat that is beating like crazy in there,” Yunho put his palmed over Jaejoong’s chest. “Is a ‘yes’ from you?” he was blushing like mad and all the system in his body seemed to get numb that he could only managed to nod lightly as a response.

Yunho was grinning and relieved that the other man did not pushed him away. He closed their distance to claim the raven’s lips only to get interrupted by Yunho’s cellphone. Annoyed at the situation he answered the phone call without bothering checking the caller ID.

“Hello,”

“Hello, Yunho-ah. You promised to keep me an update. And I’ve waited like crazy. So how is he?”

“He’s fine,”

“Is he? But you don’t sound that good,”

“That’s because you’re disturbing me. So, now off you go and Yoochun-ah,”

“Yes?”

“I work only for half-day today, ok? Need to settle things down,”

“Ok, I understand. If you need anything, just give me a call,” 

Yunho ended the call and turned off his phone.

“Half-day?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yup. I’ve got excuse to take care of you,” he winked. “Now, we’ve time to get to know each other. Deeper,” he whispered the last word to his ear naughtily.