VASYIM

KILLER Pt. 2 : The Impergium

Everyone cheered up when the revolver landed on my hand. I have no idea why and how but I became their favorite shooter, either with revolver or with a bow and arrows. I smiled to myself how that could be such a burden for me. Because if someone, or everyone looked up to you, you have to do everything perfectly without letting them down and disappointed for choosing you as their role model.

And that was the very first reason for me to have sweat all over my body when I aimed the target which was the forehead of the mannequin. It sounded simple, all you have to do was just aiming for the spot between their eyebrows and pulled the trigger, but to attack right through the forehead, that was a different story. I counted down from 10 to 1 silently inside my head as I perfectly placed my index finger ready to shoot. The loud bang was heard and everyone clapped even exclaimed when they saw a little hole on mannequin's forehead. It was quite strong bullet though, because it could pierce through such a hard and strong materials.

The first shot was the easiest because what I had to do next was shot at the same exact spot without missed even an inch, three times. The sweat run rapidly even the wind blew my exposed neck. As I fixed my target, I fired three times real quick and surprisingly I shot at the same exact spot gave its mannequin a quite large hole on its head.

"Can I have the reward now?" I said excitedly to Seokjin.

Seokjin calmly nodded, "Just shoot all over the mannequin's body to make it easier to open it."

I started randomly shoot over the mannequin before it fell down. Jisoo and I started to run toward the falling mannequin and could see a brown box in it. Furrowed I reaching for it and as I opened it, I screamed in happiness. It was contained with more than twenty free coupons for sandwich. I immediately run to hug Jisoo but quickly pulled him away when I heard Jungkook was growling in distant.

The second practice we had today was the knife and sword practice. Seokjin told us to throw either sword or knife toward a little black dot on the sandbag. Like the revolver practice earlier we had to restart if we failed and of course there was a reward inside each bag, the same reward like earlier. I chose the knife since I felt I couldn't aim the target perfectly if I had to throw a long sword.

We happily cheered, constantly laughing and smiled never dropped from our faces as the 'practice for fun' went really fun. My brother is really the best. But then something hit me. I quickly dropped the knife from my hand when it was my turn to throw. Everyone's laughter were stopped abruptly by my sudden frozen state. Everyone, with no exception, literally landed their eyes on mine who tried to find Seokjin's eyes. His eyes were wided open, forming a questioned expression as he brought his hands up crossed in front of his chest.

My mind run through Seokjin's earlier statement about the three stages and actually right now I was afraid about the second stage. Seokjin is my brother and from the first time I knew his true identity four years ago, never even a second the thought of me hating him crossing inside my head. There was so much to love him rather than to dislike him. He is a man with full of love, a pure radiance with angelic face. I didn't break my gaze on Seokjin's eyes until Jisoo whispered calling up my name.

I jumped gasping, "Yes?" I managed to mantain my calm tone as Jisoo asked me what happened. I said okay but I could see Jisoo wasn't easily believe by the lame answer.

I tossed the knife three times on my palm before took a deep breath. Once again, being clueless was the thing that I hate the most. I furiously threw the knife and it hit exactly the center of the black dot, spilled out the sand. I walked toward the sandbag, emotionally ripped it out opened it and couldn't careless as the sand started soiling my clothes. Pulled out the box forcefully and handed it to Jisoo before I walked toward Seokjin.

"Tell me what was waiting for me right this time?" I asked under my breath when everyone's cheer as our backsound. I looked to meet his peaceful eyes.

"What do you me-"

"The second stage." I cut him off, "I smell it was around the corner."

He smiled, "What's your problem, Yumi?"

"You know I can't hate you."

"But I bet you will when you face the second stage I told you."

"Then tell me now. I can't stand to hate you."

Seokjin sighed, "No. Eventhough you're my lovely sister." He pinched my cheek, "I won't do something called cheating. I have to treat you the same."

"What thing that could make me hate you?"

Seokjin suddenly chuckled, "Yumi it's just a practice. Relax."

"But the thought of hating you is just too much."

"Dear God." Seokjin sighed grabbing my shoulder and slightly bent down leveled his eyes with mine, "Keep it inside your little head, drama queen. It's all just a practice and I don't know what happen to you but it seems everyone are having a fun time, except you with that frown and pout face." He smiled while I was still in my unamused face, "I just warned you, not tell you to do so. I didn't ask you to hate me but when you do, please don't kill me. I still want to get married and have lots of children." I couldn't help it but let out a soft chuckle. Seokjin smiled, "Please enjoy your fun time. I won't you to lose your happy moment, especially when I'm around."

"I don't know why but I feel a little bit touchy here."

"That's why you should let me to stay with you out of the town. I also couldn't stand to stay miles away from you."

"That's a different story, old man. I have to learn to stand with my own feet without support."

"But Taehyung support you." He said and he didn't know how much those words shocked the hell out of me, "Taehyung replace my place for you there, right? Did he take a good care of you?"

I found my brain was empty, blank without a single word ready to answer. I my lips as I brought my gaze up to meet Seokjin's, "He did."

"What's wrong?"

"What?"

"Something wrong?"

"What?"

"Are you hiding something from me?"

"What?"

"Can you find another word beside of 'what'?"

"Huh?"

Seokjin sighed rolling his eyes, "You can't tell lies with your eyes, Yumi." I blinked, "Go back and practice with the others."

He was right, my eyes couldn't tell lies. But forgot he has eyes too, so his eyes couldn't tell lies either. I could see a concern lingered on it. I could sense it but my sense could be wrong too sometimes. So, threw away my bad thoughts about Seokjin I slowly made my way to Jisoo grabbed the box and played with it.

"Are you alright?" Jisoo asked me.

I fixed my eyes to the next knife thrower. It was Jeonghan, "I am. Why do you ask?" I asked him back with my eyes still landed on Jeonghan's long and smooth hair.

"Because I'm not okay." Jisoo said looking down.

I quickly faced him, "Why?"

"About the second stage Seokjin told us. I'm kind of afraid."

I raised my eyebrows acknowledging, "I thought it was just me."

"I thought you're okay." Jisoo chuckled, "So you feel the same too?"

I nodded, "Yeah, it's a quite strange vibe though."

"What do you think about Seokjin that could make us hate him?"

"Let's see." I formed a common gesture of people who think about something, "Stealing our food away."

Jisoo chuckled, "Anything else?"

"Break us apart?" I stared at Jisoo's eyes and he caught my gaze with smile still rested beautifully on his face.

"Us?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I mean all of us, the clan." I explained awkwardly.

"Right." Jisoo smiled, "Hey, next practice." He said pointed Seokjin who now already stood in front of the tall drawers.

"Third and last practice of the day. Archery." Seokjin shouted smiling, "As you can see, I have ten tall drawers here and I will put an apple on top of it, each and every drawer." He said as he walked putting down the apple, "And now I want to have Yumi, Jungkook, Yoongi, Taehyung, Jimin, Hoseok, Vernon, Jun, Wonwoo, and Jeonghan to grab each bow and arrows and stand in front of one of the drawers."

We did what Seokjin commanded us to do then back to the center of the arena standing in front of one of the drawers. We stood up according to how Seokjin called us. So, I was standing up at the first drawer, Jungkook at the second drawer, and so on. I bet we have to shoot the apple down. That was a basic exercise.

"Very good." Seokjin said as he saw us settled on the spot that we've chose, "Now for Jisoo, Namjoon, Jihoon, Seungcheol, Seokmin, Mingyu, Chan, Seugkwan, Minghao, and Soonyeong please take a spot behind the drawer that your partner had chosen."

Jisoo walked cluessly to the behind of the drawer, so that the drawer was placed between me and Jisoo which separated by a few meters, quite far but not too far away. I could see Jisoo's confuse face because the drawer just covered his body from chest to toe and the apple was leveled with his chin.

"So, follow my order." Seokjin took a deep breath, "For the archer please shoot down the apple at the top of the drawer in front of you. Please make sure to not fail when you aim and shoot the apple."

I literally gasped. If I shot the apple and hit it well, it doesn't matter. But if I missed and failed, the arrow would hit Jisoo instead, because he was standing behind the drawer facing me. I quickly raised up my voice.

"But it could kill him if I fail!" I shouted.

Seokjin nodded, "Then try to aim it right."

"Is this some kind a joke to you? You just put everyone's life at the edge?!" I let out my anger as the other alphas also felt furious.

Second stage, you will hate me, silently praying that I will die instantly and maybe one of you will have an idea to kill me right there.

 

 

To be continued