TRI

KILLER Pt. 2 : The Impergium

I didn't remember for how long but I'm sure that I skipped lunch because I locked myself up inside the study room from early in the morning to finish my never ending tasks. I groaned when the clock showed me it was already dinner time. I forcefully closed the book along with the sound of the door opened. I looked over my shoulder to catch the smiling Taehyung brought me a tray which contained with my a bowl of meat soup, two slices of garlic bread, and a glass of mineral water. He smiled closing the door behind him and placed the tray in front of me. He pulled a chair to sit.

"Eat." He pointed me the tray, "You skipped your lunch."

"I don't even notice." I smiled pulling the tray closer.

"You won't because you just focuses on that papers." Taehyung sighed reaching for the bowl and the spoon. Before I knew it, he was already holding the spoon in front of me signaling me to open my mouth, "Since your hand isn't moving, I'm feeding you."

I chuckled, "It's fine, Tae. I can do it myself." I grabbed the spoon from his hand and scooped it into my mouth.

He smiled putting down the bowl, "You know, you don't really eat much. Mind if tell me what's going on?" He asked.

"Honestly, I don't know either."

"Why so?"

I shrugged, "The shocking situation maybe. I'm the one who responsible yet I'm still keeping myself busy with some stupid science stuff."

"Science isn't stupid." Taehyung chuckled.

"Yeah, I know." I munched on the meat, "I should've stay here and take care of them."

"Is it bad?"

"What?"

"Being an alpha." Taehyung said wiping the side of my lips.

"It's not bad. It's just-" I paused hard to find the proper word.

"Overwhelming?" He asked cutting me off.

I nodded, "It's not that I'm complaining though."

"I know." He caressed my hair, "You're a strong girl, smart, cunning, beautiful."

"Cheesy."

"Seriously." He stopped his hand from what he was doing and stared right into my eyes where I stared him back almost immediately, "If I'm not Garou, I must be stay in line with Jungkook right now."

My gaze changed from 'thank you for giving me company' look to 'what the hell you're talking about' kind of look. I dropped down my spoon to the bowl but it didn't break his gaze on mine.

"Lame joke." I chuckled bitterly but he didn't even smile or chuckle.

"I was foolishly drunk with your voice when the first time I heard it. The way you blurted out yelled at me but then turned to be a little bit more polite when you know I was your senior and gave me a well explained direction to where I was going."

"Tae, tell me what's going on." I sounded like I was pleading.

"I'll tell you what's going on, Yumi." He said under his breath pulling his head down, "I'm sure you never noticed it, but I'm deeply in love with you."

"What?" I asked but turned out it came out a whisper.

He smiled bitterly, "The funny thing about this, is that wasn't the time when I walked in to see you and Jungkook were having a make out session on the balcony that hurt me so much, but when I saw your totem for the first time." He shook his head chuckling sadly and tears started to form, "That breaks my heart into pieces." He looked up to me with a slight drop of tears escaped, "That's funny right?" His voice were shaking.

"Tae, I-"

"Don't know?" He smiled nodding, "I'm hiding it good, huh?" He wiped his cheek, "I even ate up a werewolf whose attacked you when the first time you came to our house. Because the idea of you being hurted by someone else is the worst idea ever. Do you remember the first time you transformed and we had a little walk right after?" I cluelessly nodded, "Crazy, my heart was beating ten times faster. Your eyes were fixed to Jungkook from the first time we met. He has what I don't have. He isn't Garou." He took a deep breath.

I found myself couldn't say anything, couldn't even speak a word, couldn't even stare him back. My mouth was sealed, my eyes were roaming through everywhere but Taehyung. I found myself hard to even keep my breath in a steady pace, my heart was beating uncontrollably.

"Silly me, I almost open up my heart when you, Jisoo, and I had a conversation back at the coffee shop. Jisoo was smart enough to sense it." He slowly grabbed my hand and held it tight along with his tears which never stopped storming down on his cheek, "I love you, but I'm letting you go. Like what Jisoo said, Garou's Litany was made for a billion good reasons and I will never cross it, unless-" He paused staring at me who waited for his next word.

"Unless?" I asked unable to wait anymore.

"Unless Jungkook make this gorgeous lady in front of me cry and take her smile away." He poked my chin and I couldn't help but tugged a little smile, "If that happened, then that day will be the day when I receive my death penalty because I break our highest law."

"Is that really bad to break the Litany?"

He smiled looking at me, "What? You want me to cross it?"

"I'm just asking." I shrugged hesitantly.

"Once upon a time, there was a couple and they both were coming from the same tribe, Garou. The Litany was clearly said that Gariu shall not mate with Garou, but this couple insisted to be together, until they were married, and lived happily. But the happiness wasn't last long when the wife gave birth to their first son. The son was incomplete."

"Incomplete?" I furrowed.

"The baby was born in a state between human and wolf. The image is horror and honestly you can't ever imagine giving a birth to a hairy beast baby with fangs and abnormal shining eyes." He paused before he brought his gaze back to me, "So I'm chosing to sacrifice my feeling rather than give you a hairy beast baby as our child." His gaze turned more serious, "The devil side on my mind once said to fight for my feeling, steal you away from Jungkook, get married, but don't have a child. But then, I won't let you down. Being a girl you are, you must have been dream to have children on your own and I won't take your chances away." He caressed my cheek so painfully slow.

I finally brought my gaze up to stare him back. Literally laid my eyes on his quite long and didn't realize that he was actually leaning closer. When I felt his warm breath slowly came closer, I blinked my eyes twice before threw my face to the side refusing his already trembling lips to collide with mine. My eyes weren't tearing up but my heart did. I wasn't showing too much sadness on my face but my heart was in pain, seeing my cheerful, funny, and a slightly weird brother confessed to me when I couldn't answer him with the respond that he was longing to have. Not that I have a feeling for him, it was just because hurted me to the core when I uncobsciously rejected his feeling and let him down.

His hand was still resting on my cheek, his eyes stared at me puzzled by my sudden rejection. Our face still an inch away and I could still feel his ticklish warm breath, vanilla almond scent, and his sharp gaze. It took me a solid ten seconds before brace up myself to turn my head and face him ready to slap his hand away, but when I saw him and have him stared me back through his eyelashes, the words sinked down and dissapeared. Instead of slam his hand away, I held my breath when he closed his eyes along with his face slowly approached mine. I gulped down my nerve and accidently my lips when his warm breath turned into a hot one. I still couldn't close my eyes so I was just staring through his peacefully closed eyes.

I could almost taste it, the plump and soft flesh againts my lips but it was stopped when the door was being slammed open. Taehyung opened his eyes before turned his face to the side along with me and caught a furious red eyes Jungkook standing by the door frame. Taehyung quickly pulled away, stood up walking toward Jungkook. By the time Taehyung reached him, the younger held his hand on the older's chest signaling him to stop.

"No need an explanation." Jungkook said under his breath as he slowly brought his gaze to the older, "You're showing me enough."

"It's not her fault. It's mine."

"I thought Jisoo would be in your current state, stand for her and tell me it's not her fault because he was seducing my girl and trying to steal her away from me. I'm actually not expect it from my own brother."

I stood up, "Jungkook, I-"

"You and I need to talk." Jungkook cut me off as he made his way toward me, gripped on my wrist and literally dragged me out of the room.

When we nearly reached the door, Taehyung held Jungkook's angry pace placing his hand on the younger's shoulder, "She's not your wife yet, dude. Don't let her suffer for what I did."

Jungkook smirked, "You're a gentleman but you choose the wrong way to show it." Jungkook ended his words by dragged me harshly and his pace was wider compared to mine so sometimes I stumbled on my own feet to keep up with Jungkook's long legs.

I looked over my shoulder to see Taehyung stared at me and his sad expression was quite visible as he mouthed 'I'm sorry'. I wanted to cry but my mind told me I didn't have to, so I just nodded to give Taehyung an answer that I forgive him for being such a gentleman and for being such a caring brother after all this time. I didn't know what was waiting for me in the future, but one thing that I know, I'm not gonna lie about my feeling, about everything. I love him, only Jungkook. Jungkook kept his hard and tight grip on my wrist as he led me toward his room.

 

To be continued