Their New Beginnings

Breathe Easy

If you happen to visit this chapter... you got it wrong. I uploaded two chapters tonight so better go back to chapter 5 before this chapter becomes a spoiler. Kekeke.

-----

 

Yuri rested on the bench under the peach blossom tree. She had a long tiring day and where else would be the best place to wander but the place where she and Yunho used to share dreams of being together for the rest of their lives.

 

In the morning, Yuri went to various agencies that would give her the best deal for a trip around the world. In the afternoon, she searched for the best SLR camera available in Korea and bought it. She would only give the best things to Yunho.  She would give everything he wished for.  In fact, she would love to give him the world if she only had the luxury of time.

 

Yuri was staring at the finished product of her last task for the day when her phone rang...

 

"Ms. Kwon, are you ready?"

 

"I am."

 

Oppa, I just granted all your wishes.

 

-----

 

Yunho saw Yuri, elegantly dressed in a long black chiffon dress. He missed her even he's the one at fault for missing her. He wanted to tell her a lot of things - about finally having an eye donor and about being able to see the world again soon. He wanted to wrap her in his arms again that he started running towards her. But as he got closer, her figure seems to fade and when he reached the spot where she used to stand, she was already gone.

 

"Yunho sshi, are you ready?"

 

Yunho realized that it was just a dream... a bad dream that he hoped won't come true. Is it an omen of the result of the operation? He hoped not.

 

Yunho took a deep breath before answering, "Yes. I'm ready."

 

His doctor slowly took off his gauze. He was feeling excited and nervous at the same time.What if the operation isn’t successful? What if he was really not meant to see? What if my dream comes true?

 

The doctor removed the cotton pad covering Yunho's eyes. "You may now open your eyes."

 

Gradually, Yunho opened his eyes but he didn’t expect what he saw… darkness. "Doctor, how come I still can’t see anything?" Yunho's voice hinted disappointed and was as if on the verge of crying.

 

Suddenly, he heard a click and the room lit up together with the "surprise" yell as well as applause from his visitors. His eyes slowly adjusted to all the colors that he was not used to seeing. Everything around him was vivid -the balloons tied at the foot of his bed, the flowers and get-well-soon cards on his bedside table, and the faces of his friends and relatives.

 

Yunho forced a smile. He got what he wanted. He will be able to do the things that he wasn’t able to do before. He was supposed to be happy... But how come at the bottom of his heart he felt something's not right... Something's missing.

 

-----

 

"Ms. Kwon, are you ready?" the man with deep charismatic voice asked.

 

"Doctor Choi, there's nothing I could see right?" Yuri nervously asked.

 

"Actually, there is. You'll see dark clouds... I think you'll be seeing a lot of them," the doctor joked.

 

The doctor at last saw a smile graced Yuri's lips. He longed to see that smile. He wanted to make her smile more often. He wanted to be the reason for her smile.

 

The doctor slowly unwrapped the gauze on Yuri's eyes and when he finished he exclaimed, "Surprise!"

 

Yuri gave another genuine smile which instantly died off after hearing the cheers of surprise in the ward beside hers.

 

"Yah! You must be happy because you're the only one who can see dark clouds up close! Are you envious that my cheer isn’t as loud as theirs? Where are your friends and relatives by the way? I haven’t seen anyone with you since the day you were admitted."

 

"My parents are both dead. I don't have friends because no one could take my weirdness. So to cut the long story short, I have no one?"

 

The doctor animatedly turned his head left and right as if Yuri could see his exaggeration. "Then what do you call me? No one?"

 

For the third time, the doctor was glad to see that precious smile.