Day 2

Breathe Easy

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing

Watch your smile while you are sleeping

While you're far away and dreaming.

 

On this day, Yunho was awaken by the loud music coming from the first-storey and the scent of breakfast being cooked. He shoved the chiffon curtains hanging in front of the glass doors leading to the balcony. He closed the door behind him to have some moment of peace that early morning. He breathe some fresh air and feasted his eyes on the view from atop of the hill: the house where they stayed was surrounded with pine trees and other fruit bearing trees. A narrow two-way road separated the hill with the sea shore. It's perfect. He recalled that when he and Yuri were still together, they dreamed of settling down in a place like this: away from the city noise and people. They wanted to make their own little world with just the two of them. Aigoo that Yuriah! She's really treating me as if im dying by giving everything I like. Now that I remember, she deserves some scolding.

 

Yunho entered his room again and the deafening music greeted him. He headed to the stairs and the smell of frying bacon got stronger, luring him to walk faster towards the kitchen. The music was too loud that Yuri didn't notice Yunho's presence. He sat on the breakfast counter and rested his chin on his palms. Lying close to you feeling your heart beating. And I’m wondering what your dreaming, wondering if it’s me you’re seeing. And then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together... He watched Yuri sing with her eyes closed while her flat turner is being used as her microphone. Her vocal range can only stay within an octave but she didn’t bother if her voice kept on breaking while singing the verses. Yuri's hair was hand-combed and tied in a high bun, with hair falling on the side burns. She was just wearing a big shirt (which was, by the way, his shirt), hiding her curves but revealing her long flawless legs. To Yunho it was altogether entertaining.

 

4 years ago...

 

Yunho and Yuri walked hand in hand as they went down from the ferris wheel. "Yuriah, let's try some games. Maybe i could win something from you so we have a souvenir on our 100th day as a couple." "Where shall we start, oppa?" Yuri uncosciously batted her lashes. "How about that one?" Yunho suggested as he pointed to the red and white striped tent. "Oppa, are you sure you can shoot those ducks off the rack?" Yuri asked with a tint of doubt. "Of course. Just wait and see." Yunho replied as he put his right fist on his heart. After which, he gave Yuri a love bang combined with a wink. Yuri can't help but giggle. First shot, Yunho missed. Second shot, Yunho missed again. Third shot, Yunho lost all his chances. Yunho scratched his head in embarrasment as he turned to Yuri. Yuri on the other hand, gave him an assuring smile, "Oppa, it's ok. Anyway their prize is just a small bear. We could try something else we're good at?" "What?” Yunho asked as he thought of their talents combined that might be able to win them a prize. "What else oppa? It's none other than singing!" Yuri announced in a high pitched voice making Yunho spurt at the back of his mind. They both knew (I mean at least Yunho knew) that if there's something something they lack off, it would be a good singing voice. Nevertheless, Yunho said agreed. If there's one more thing he liked about Yuri other than her confidence is that she does whatever she likes without thinking of what other people will think of her.

 

Yunho dropped a few coins while Yuri pressed the buttons in the machine without even looking at the song list. "Yuriah, you seem to frequent karaoke bars in your college days," he teased. "You got it wrong, oppa. I used to own one so i can sing whenever I felt like," she wittingly answered. Yuri and Yunho sang Mirotic in duet (of course, with Yuri leading the singing and Yunho teaching her the dance moves.

 

I got you under my skin.Yunho and Yuri held hands as they waited for their score to be revealed. 98! Yuri put her arms around yunho's neck and the two jumped up and down as if no one was watching. They immediately approached the person who mans the booth to claim their prize. The man handed her 3 different-coloured balloons. "Ajusshi, we scored 98. Why dont you just give us more balloons?" she questioned the man. "You need to get a perfect score so you can have them all," the man answered. "But ajusshi, nobody is perfect. Besides, it's our 100th day as a couple. So think of it as your best wishes gift to us," she said in an aegyo manner as she raised their interlacing hands to show the man. Who could resist her charms? Soon the man gave all his balloons away to them. Yuri and Yunho walked happily as Yuri held the balloons in her hand. "Oppa, let's take a souvenir photo.”  The two took selca of them with the ferris wheel as their background. Yuri gave the balloons to Yunho and reached for her camera. "Oppa, let's make a panoramic shot of us too. Let's pretend you're still courting me. Araso?" Yunho was thrilled with the idea too. He took the balloons and started acting out. "Oppa! The balloons look great in the photo." Yuri shouted as she took more shots of his boyfriend. "How about me.?  Dont I look good?" Yunho shouted as he pretended to be jealous. "Oppa, you don’t look good. You look perfect." Yunho felt his cheeks blushed as he got complimented in front of the passer bys. Yuri never gave Yunho anything tangible. Instead, she liked showering him with her time, compliments, and physical affection which Yunho enjoyed so much. "Yuriah, it's your turn." Yunho passed the balloons to Yuri and took the camera from her. Yuri posed as if she was shyly accepting the balloons from him.  Yunho looked at the viewer which he found very blurry. He adjusted the focus and looked through the viewer again, yet it's still blurry. He rubbed his eyes and checked if it's just the camera or his vision.  He looked at Yuri and she appeared as if there was a translucent glass wall in between them. Soon after that, a blinding pain in his eyes seered in his head. From blurry, his sight turned double until it was gray… until it was just black. The last thing he heard was Yuri’s worried voice drowning into nothingness as she shouted, "Oppa."

 

The balloons they won as their souvenir flew with the wind. Whether it was a bad omen or not, Yuri cared less. Yunho is more important. Yunho was her one and only prized person.

 

End of Flashback

 

I dont want to close my eyes,

I dont want to fall asleep coz id miss you babe

And i dont want to miss a thing...

 

Yuri was about to put the bacons in the counter and was surprised to see Yunho already sitting there. "Oppa, you're awake? Too bad you missed half of the show. By the way, I borrowed the extra shirt in your bag. I realized my stock in the trunk were inappropriate for sleeping. I hope you dont mind." Definitely not.

 

Yuri sat in front of him and sipped her cup of hot cocoa. "So oppa, have you thought of the top 3 things you wanted to do before you die?" Yunho laugh evilly in his imagination. Yunho thought hard of it overnight and he came up with results that in which Yuri will surely reach her limit. "Yeah. First, I wanted to see stars up close. It’s been a while since I see them. Second, I wanted to see the world and take pictures again. Which brings me to my last wish so I could do both, I want to get my eyesight back." Yuri just smiled, "well-said, oppa." "How about you?" Yunho wondered. "Well, the theme of my 3 things-to-do-before-I-die is to conquer my fears: First, fear of height. Second, fear of being under water. Lastly, fear of death." Yunho raised his eyebrow. "Why with me? Why don’t you just drag your boyfriend? Why are you such in a hurry to do all those things when you still have a lifetime to do all those?" "Oppa, are you kidding me? I don’t have friends, family and I didn’t entertain anybody since you left me." Yuri said casually as if she just stated a plain fact, no emotions attached. She just continued stuffing with loads of food just as long as it fits. He knew Yuri as someone cheerful and would cover her hurt behind her pretty smile. She neither has parents even before she graduated college nor so-called true friends because she's one weird type of girl and no one can ride on that. Yunho felt guilty. She must be very lonely ever since i left. Sorry Yuriah, I had to do that.

 

"You didn’t answer my last question. Why are you in such a hurry? Maybe, if you dont force yourself to finish all those in the 18 days left in your countdown, perhaps you might be able to find someone more suitable to do all that with you." Yuri put her fork and spoon on the side of her plate and leaned close to Yunho. She put near his ear and whispered, "Oppa, the heart can only beat so much." Figuratively and literally.

 

-----

 

Credits:

Mirotic – DBSK

I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing – Aerosmith

 

-----

 

To my subscribers, I won’t be able to update next week. I’ll be off to Korea, hoping I could see Yuri or Yunho. Kekeke!

By the way, is anyone here willing to do a poster for this fanfic? Just trying my luck... so let me know.