Day 1

Breathe Easy

Yunho was awaken by the sunlight blinding his eyes. He didn't even noticed that has already fallen asleep. His trip with Yuri, to a destination he never knew, was too dead quiet as neither of them dared to start a conversation. He looked through the car windows and the faint scenery of mountains, trees, and sea greeted him. They have finally come to a complete stop. He went outside and sat beside Yuri who was sitting in the car's hood, staring out to nothingness. Even with his poor eyesight, Yunho could tell that Yuri was more beautiful than the last time  they saw each other. She still has the power to draw his attention, making him want to stare some more. It reminded Yunho how addicted he was to Yuri  (that he would do everything for her even without asking for it) ever since he first laid eyes on her.

 

4 years ago...

 

Yunho was an amateur photographer in a lifestyle magazine. He was always assigned to take pictures of objects: food, cosmetics, sceneries - but never of people. Their editor-in-chief commented that he lacked the eye for capturing moments of people no matter how great they look that's why he was always tasked to take photos of inanimate objects.

 

One day, he went to a public car show as his  feature assignment. He left home very early so that when he reach the venue, there wouldn't be a lot of distractions. Luxurious cars were queued according to categories: new models, vintage, race cars, and those that were pimped. Yunho took the opportunity of taking good shots while there were still few people in the show. He focused his attention to a vintage car in glossy brass colour. He took pictures of it on every  small details and on each of its angles until from his viewer, he saw the prettiest woman he has ever seen. Everything moved in a slow motion- her long jet black hair bounced healthily on her back while her white dress was being blown by the wind. He captured bits of her in his memory as if he was a camera in burst mode. His heart thumped loudly trying to make it's way out of his chest and on it's way to it's newly-found owner. She looked so beautiful that he stopped taking pictures of the car and started snapping photos of her. He enthusiastically moved from one angle to another and to his delight, she appeared gorgeous in the lcd no matter where the shot came from. Then and there , Yunho knew she was more than just a photography subject, he knew it was love at first sight.

 

Yunho stalked the lady in white out of the carshow and into a coffee shop. He sat down on the table across hers and watch her every move. He pretended to bury himself in newspaper, taking occasional peeks  to find out what she's doing. If he's not looking at her,  he was thinking of ways on how to ask her name.  The girl in white dress stood up, taking with her a cup of coffee. I cannot not let the opportunity pass. I have to ask her or i'll never see her again. "Can i ask for your name?" the two asked in duet. Yunho smiled shyly with the thought that the feeling was mutual. Aigoo! This is my day! She likes me too and she asked for my name. Woohoo! Yunho stood up and lend out his hand. "Jung Yunho." "Nice name. Can I take a picture of you?"the lady asked. Yunho felt his ears turn red. What  should i do? This is way too fast than i have imagined. "im not really good at posing but here it goes." Yunho flashed his killer smile as he was trying to leave a strong impression, similar to what the lady did to her. " Yuri reviewrd the shot and shook her head. "Tsk. I can't believe there's someone as handsome as you Yunhosshi! Too bad you'll be landing in jail soon. STALKER!" The lady in white's smile was washed off with a poker face. She rolled eyes and started walking away. Yunho could hardly believe what she said. His heart negan racing and cold sweats started running down in his forehead. Omo. Ive commited an obvious crime. I was caught in the act and the worse part of it is that she has a photo of me.  He knew he cannot go to jail. He still has a lot of dreams and this one would ruin his budding reputation. He ran after her outside of the coffee shop and saw the lady in white was about to cross the street already. The red light turned green. Yunho shouted," I'm not stalking you. I can't just help but look at you because i have never seen someone as perfect as you. I just wanted to ask for your name it's just that I'm too shy to ask." Little did Yunho realized that he was already making a scene and people have stopped to witness it - all except the lady in white who continued walking on the zebra lane as if she heard nothing. " Yunho ran after the lady in white until he was just 2 paces behind her. "Let's talk this out please. I'll treat you for lunch." The lady continued walking. "No. I'll treat you for lunch and dinner," Yunho bargained. The lady continued walking. "Araso. Araso. I'll treat you everday of my life!!!" the lady in white turned to her and raised her eyebrow, "Promise?" "Y-yes. Does that mean you won't go to the police station anymore?" yunho nervously replied. The lady in white took out a pad from her bag and started scribbling on it. "Here sign this." Yunho didn't even care to read, He just obeyed. The lady in white laughed outrageously until tears started forming in the corner of her eyes. The people who looked at her as if she was an escapee of a mental institution was the least of her concern. She leaned on a lamppost and tried to get back to her senses. "! Is my acting that convincing? I cant believe there's someone as gullible as you! Too bad, you made already made a lifetime pact. " She straightened herself up in front of Yunho and reached her hand to his. "Kwon Yuri." Yunho accepted her hand and lightly shook it in return. He cannot explain how he felt. It was a mixture of shock, joy, and excitement wrapped in a beautiful package. "Shall we have our lunch, Yunhosshi?"

 

End of flashback

 

Yuri turned to Yunho with a smile. Am I still the reason behind that smile? Are we smiling for the same reason? "You had a good long rest, didn't you? I bet your hungry. We'll have to look for a place to stay since we're almost running out of gas. When we get there,  Ill fix you brunch," Yuri stated. Yunho didn't object and just nodded. She slid her backside on the hood and sat beside him, "Yunho oppa! You haven't change a bit. You're still very handsome!" She squeezed his cheeks as if she was a child playing with her newly-bought doll.  She  moved her face a few inches from his and looked straight at his clouded eyes. "Because of that I'll be fair to you. You and I will think of three things in our before-you-die-to-do list and we'll do it together within 20 days. Araso?" "Yah, Kwon Yuri! Stop treating me as if I'm dying! I'm just getting blind," Yunho joked. Yuri hit his arm and started laughing infectiously like she always do.

 

Everytime he thought of their first meeting, he still ask himself how was he able to let go of her. Yuriah, you look blooming. You did a great job in getting over me.

-----

Hi to my subscribers! Sorry wasn't able to update yesterday. I felt so guilty since it was Yuri's birthday. Anyway, since the working title of this chapter is "Day 1," please don't expect that I'll write an account of all the 20 days they spent together. I'll based it in the video because I wanted to acknowledge the maker of the best Yunri video I've ever watched. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=somyH2skLEM

 

Stay tuned...