Day 15

Breathe Easy

Thank you guys for being patient with this fanfic. I hope this chapter will answer most of your questions about their break-up...

 

-----

 

"Yah! Kwon yuri! Where did you take Yunho?"

 

"Junsu! Ssssh! Can’t you lower your voice down? She's in the toilet right now and I’m scared she might hear your scream even your just on the phone."

 

"Yunho ah, where are you? What happened to you? What did that idiot do to you?"

 

"Yah! Don’t call her that. She's still my ex. Anyway, she just wanted to spend some time with me, to be exact - for 20 days. The only thing I feel uneasy about this is that I have no contact with the outside world so I don’t know if there are any kind-hearted eye donors already."

 

"Perfect timing! Yunho ah, listen to me. You have to get out of there as soon as possible. I'll send someone to pick you up to-where ever-you-are."

 

The two continued to buzz in secrecy. Little did they know that half of their conversation was heard… crystal clear.

 

Yunho sighed and looked down. The 15 days he spent with her were so far the greatest days of his life in addition to those they spent together as couple.

 

Tonight, he had to break her heart for the second time. But who could blame him? Who would say no to an opportunity to see the world once more? Yuri can wait because she still loves me but the world cant, right? He thought as he weighed the pros and cons of his decision.

 

Yunho made up ways on ways how to tell her he cannot finish the 20 days she asked of him. He ended up scrapping all of his ideas out because none of them can be the least evil of all. Perhaps, leaving her the way he did four years ago was still the best way...

 

-----

 

When God plays a trick, he can sometimes be damn hard on you. Yunho and Yuri just finished celebrating their 300th day together and now he had to break up with her. Not that he doesn’t love her anymore. In fact, he wanted to be with her until they're old and graying. Until death do they part, he'd be sure he would find her in the afterlife. It was just unfortunate for him that he found out he's going blind. He doesn't want to be her burden. He listened to his ego which told him Yuri deserves someone better - someone more able and complete.

 

When Yunho found out that his sight is deteriorating due to chemical poisoning (basically, those stuff that he uses for photography), he quitted his job and started the bad habit of drinking and smoking. He did everything that would turn Yuri off because he doesn’t want to break it off with her. He wanted Yuri to leave him because he was at his worse.

 

Apparently, Yunho's plan didn’t work out. Yuri would patiently clean his cigarette butts and the bottle of beers that conquered their living room. She even took a night job as a bartender to support their living expenses. Never did she snap on him. She would even on several occasions when will it be her turn to be the bum. She never asked why he was acting like that. She just accepted whatever was there for her to understand. This made Yunho even guiltier.

 

After a month of being bum, Yunho decided to surprise Yuri. He began getting his life back by shaving, hitting the gym again, sobering up, and organizing their photos together in an album. That day, he bought flowers and picked Yuri up from her office. Yuri's smile was from ear to ear. She was delighted that Yunho was back on his feet to whatever he went through. She was glad she patiently waited for this day to come. Yunho took her to the ice cream shop they frequented and pigged out like they used to during Friday nights. Little did Yuri know, it was all part of his grand plan.

 

When they reached the home, they sat together and reminisced as they turned the pages of the album. Yuri laughed at the stories behind each photo (even with the few bitter moments they had) until tears formed at the corner of her eyes. Yunho, on the other hand, forced his laughs and smiles. He knew deep inside that he was just about to make Yuri's most bitter moment of all.

 

-----

 

When Yuri's tongue came out from the corner of , it was Yunho’s signal to make his escape. She has fallen into her deep sleep and now, she won’t be able to stop him from leaving. He kissed her forehead for the last time and whispered to her, "Yuriah, we will meet each other again someday. And when that day comes, I'll be able to see you. Ok?"

 

For the last time, Yunho looked at Yuri's sleeping figure before turning his back when suddenly...

 

"Oppa, 4 years has passed and you still haven’t learn how to say goodbye? Can’t you wait for just a few more days before you leave? Time is almost up anyway."

 

"Yuriah, if I leave now, I'll be able to see the world again...  I have an eye donor already. Please be happy for me."

 

"Oppa, I only asked for 20 days. I didn't even ask for forever."

 

She was right but Yunho had already made up his mind. And with that, he cannot face her. He knew he won’t be able to leave if he look into those eyes and see her cry. He also knew that words would only complicate things. So just like 4 years ago, he just left without even saying goodbye.

 

It hurt Yuri that all she can do was cry. If only pillows and sheets could talk, they would have told you how much tears she had shed.

 

"Oppa, this crumbling fool won't be able to see you again."

 -----

Hey guys! Just to warn you this fanfic wont last long like the usual fanfics. This was intended to be a one-shot fanfic however, i had difficulty omitting details... keep on supporting YunRi!