Day 4

Breathe Easy

Yunho and Yuri decided to stay in a nearby island where they could stay while they are taking their 5-day open water diving certification.

 

On their first day on the island, Yunho woke up with a grumbling stomach. He headed straight to the kitchen and started opening jars, cupboards, and pots for some food. Yunho failed in his search for food so his instinct told him to go look for Yuri who surely has the solution. "Yuriah!" he called her in sweet manner. He knocked on Yuri's bedroom several times but there was no reply. "Yuriah , make sure you're dressed up.  I’m coming in," he said. Still there was no reply. He opened the door and there were no signs of Yuri. Her bed was neatly done and the bathroom was empty too. He sat at the corner of Yuri’s bed and looked around. She has never changed. Her clothes were neatly packed on the luggage and she still displays her favorite photos on her bedside table. He looked at the photo of young and vibrant Yuri with her family. Even in her childhood, she already looked attractive and mischievous. Yunho held the capiz frame beside it. It was Yunho and Yuri's photo on their first out of town trip. She's still keeping this.

 

4 years ago...

 

The wind was blowing strongly and Yuri was holding on to her dress and sun-brimmed hat as she and Yunho stood at the edge of the cliff. "Oppa, I don't want to do this," Yuri's voice shooked as she broke free from Yunho's grip. "Yuriah! This is safe. I’ve tried this before. Besides, the life guards are waiting there just in case something happens," Yunho tried to convinced her. Yunho held her cold hands, "Yuriah, we already talked about this. We went all the way here to do this. You can’t back out after we've spent time and money for this. Besides, just hold my onto my hand and never let go. I promise nothing will happen to you." Yuri's eyes were suddenly filled with tears of fear. "Araso araso. Stop throwing me that puppy eyes look. You're starting to annoy me.," Yunho remarked bitterly as he gave Yuri an annoyed look. He took several steps backwards before running towards the edge of the cliff. "Oppa!" Yuri shouted as she watched Yunho jump into the air and disappear in the water, making ripples in the calm blue sea.

 

 

Yuri waited for yunho to emerge from the water. "Oppa! This is not the best time to joke around. If you drown i cannot save you. You know that i cannot swim remember?" 10 seconds became 30 seconds and 30 seconds turned into a minute. Yuri stood up and started walking at back and forth. "Omo omo. What if oppa got cramps and can no longer swim to the water surface. Yuriah, you have to save the love of your life," she talked to herself. Yuri looked down on the dark blue sea. Just by the looks of it, Yuri started drowning in her thoughts already. She gulped and laboriously took a deep breath. "Oppa, hold on a little longer. Ill save you no matter what!" Yuri shouted. Yuri did what she saw Yunho do before diving. She took several steps backward and started running towards the edge of the cliff.

 

Meanwhile, Yunho surfaced a little part of his head, just enough to see if Yuri eyes were still awaiting him. Perfect timing. Yunho quickly ran and hid behind one of the big rocks along the shore. "Oppa, hold on a little longer. I’ll save you no matter what!" he heard Yuri shout.  Yunho smiled as he smelled success. Soon after that, a loud splash of water disturbed the tranquil sea. Who would have thougth my acting would be convincing as hers. I tricked you this time, Yuriah. Yunho watched Yuri surfaced now and then on the water surface, tearfully calling his name. Yunho's laughter was suddenly washed with guilt. For a while he forgot that Yuri cannot swim. Yuri was not even struggling for her life, she was fighting save his. Yunho swam as fast as he could towards Yuri and gently placed his arm around Yuri's waist. He used his free hand and legs to take her to the shore. Yuri cried as she coughed out water. Yunho prepared himself to be scolded, bigtime. Instead, Yuri turned to him with worried eyes and wrapped her tender arms around his neck. "Oppa, I dont want you to die. I wouldnt know what to do if you leave me," Yuri hysterically cried.

 

_____

 

Yunho grew worried. What if Yuri drown while she’s practicing her lame swimming skills? What if the under current  just take her? She cannot fight strong waves. He looked out from Yuri's window and and was relieved to see her faint figure kneeling on the shore, obsessed with making what seems to him big crater on sand. Yunho rushed to the shore and sat a few paces from her. Even with his presence, Yuri didnt even acknowledge him. She was still absorbed with digging. Yunho forgot about his hunger as he watched Yuri. Her tan skin and smooth hair that glows in the sun. Her to-die for curves emphasized by her aqua two-pieced swimsuit that peeked through her white assymetrical beach top and her long legs being partly covered with the powdery sand. "What are you being busy about that you don’t even bother greet me like the usual?" Yunho asked as he watched Yuri sit in the crater and bury her legs. Yuri just continued with her business as if she didn’t hear yunho. "Oppa, can you please cover my body except my head, ok??" she requested. "Seriously, is this your new way of getting even skin tone?" he asked as he followed Yuri's command. Yunho put the sand over Yuri's body without knowing the point of what he's doing. After accomplishing his task, he lied on his stomach beside Yuri and cupped his face with his palm. He studied Yuri's face: her eyes were tightly shut and her forehead revealed worried folds on it. "What are you doing?" Yunho distracted her. "From dust, we shall return to dust...Can’t you see I’m conquering my fear of death?" Yuri answered. "Obviously, it doesn’t help," Yunho belittled her idea. "Fine. I’m still scared. Satisfied?" Yuri stuck out her hand from the sand that was enveloping her and grabbed Yunho's hand. She held it tightly and closed her eyes once again. Now her face is calm and a sweet smile graced her lips. Yuri squeezed Yunho’s hand and said, “I feel a lot better."

-----

Author's note: this fanfic seem so dragging and pointless, but don't worry but I had it all laid down in my mind. I'm warning you that this will only be unti chapter 5 or 6 at the most because I originally intended this to be a one-shot. Be patient. Araso?