Epilogue

Breathe Easy

“Yuri ah! Come back to me!” Yunho’s body was as if pulled by the gravity causing him to lie by Yuri’s grave. There’s so much he wanted to tell her. He wanted to tell her how sorry he was. He wanted to take back all the words that caused her to cry. He wanted to tell her he’d rather have her alive again than have her eyes. He would have sold his soul to the devil if he’d be given the power to turn back time. He just wanted her back in his life and if the rest of his days mean he has to patiently wait to see her and touch her again… he will breathe only for that purpose.

-----

After 50 years…

Yunho just finished talking to Dong Yul over the phone. He was pleased to hear that he was doing well in Japan with his family. He happened grow up to be a fine man, exactly as Yuri’s counterpart: optimist, sincere, and generous.

In his old age, Yunho dragged himself in his room and turned off the lights and stared at the glow-in-the-dark stars on his room’s ceiling and walls… Yuri’s masterpiece, he thought. He laid himself in his bed and let his bitter tears out from his eyes as he look at the other side of the bed. It hurts him that the place where Yuri used to lie was still made up on her side. He clotted his thoughts with her memories to form her face. He smiled in his success of making Yuri’s image and closed his eyes, keeping that face of hers in his heart… until the afterlife.

So this is how heaven looks like: his happiest place on earth… in his happiest time. He walked along the powder-fine sand barefoot hearing just the sound of the waves and the wind. From a little distance, he can see a lady in white with a familiar jet black locks flowing healthily at her back. She was joyfully burying half of her body under the sand but run towards him as soon as she realized his presence. “Oppa!” she leaned her head on his chest and gently beat it with her fist. He could feel her punches getting softer and his shirt getting wet with her tears. “Oppa… I miss you so much!”

 

“Yuriah, are you still angry with me?”

 

Yuri looked at him and childishly wiped her tears with the back of her hand, “Of course, oppa. What took you so long!?” Yunho chuckled and put his arms around her. The two shared warmth in each other’s embrace.

 

“Seriously, are you mad at me for leaving you?”

 

Yuri shook her head, “Nope… because I love you so much that I was so certain that even though we  ran in circles, you will always end up with me.”

 

“Sorry Yuriah… for everything.” Yunho cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

 

“Oppa, that’s not supposed to be the last line of the story.”

 

“Then, what?”

 

“Kiss…” Yunho smiled and put his warm lips onto hers. He kissed her deeply, the way he never kissed her before... The way he'll kiss her for the rest of forever.

-----

It's finally over! Sorry for making you sad guys. I am trying to work on different kinds of story in my fanfics. I hope you still enjoyed this fanfic as much as you enjoyed my other works BB, Substitute, and 10000 happiness. Watch out for 'Yuri 1/2" and "Housemates" update. Digest this fanfic first, ok? keke.

This fanfic is dedicated to my friends: Efraim (R.I.P) and to Katz (always keep the faith... you'll see each other again in god's time).