saving the last cry

PLAYFUL HEARTS: LOVE IS MY WITNESS
Chapter 29:
 
Chanyeol finally reach home, and he’s right, something is happening at his house. He remain calm at first but when he saw his brother cornered by their securities, and reporters are roaring in front of the frozen brother. he was alarmed, he took the risk and hopped out of the car, squeezing to the numbers of people pestering his front house, he able to pass them with the help of his secretary and the securities and he quickly grab his brother and push him inside, they breathed in relief when the gate finally closed..
Ren was actually about to say something when he saw his brother coming and he was grab instantly inside. He lowered his head as he notice his brother getting mad.
“what do you think you are doing huh? Why are you there standing in front of them? Chanyeol interrogates right away..
“hyung..I just want to tell them the truth? Ren answered shakily…
“truth? Are you not thinking ren?,,chanyeol gasp…
Ren didn’t answer, instead, he run inside and sat on the living room, shaking and still nervous.
Baekhyun then came with the maid, he went to ren and examine him. Chanyeol came in mad.
“did something happen? Did you? Baek asked..
“where have you been? I thought you’re with him? Why is he there?!!! chanyeol shouted, he didn’t able to control himself again…
“chanyeol lease don’t shout at me… I was there in the roof top..baek replied..
“what did you do there?! Good thing I came in time…
“I was locked in there, he locked me in there and I don’t have my phone with me. It took me so long before someone heard me…baekhyun explains..
“you did that? Chanyeol faced his brother again…
“I’m sorry…I was just…ren lowered his head again and played with his fingers..
“you locked him there just to make sure you can do your stupid plan?, what if something bad happens to you? Chanyeol breathe in sharply…
“hyung~~~ ren was shaking, he doesn‘t know what to say, I’m sorry,,I was so afraid and I can’t move again in front of them….
“ren,,we’re here,,we are here to help you…just rely on us,,just seek for our help..baek knelt in front of the younger and ruffled the hair…
“but I did too much already,,I caused you a lot of troubles,,,I don’t want to give another weight to both of you…ren bit his lips controlling himself to cry again..
Chanyeol bent down and hugged his brother, he looked at baek and sigh. Baekhyun hold chanyeol’s hand to comfort him while ren finally can’t keep his sobs, he is now crying due to the nervousness he felt a while ago. He thought he can do it but when questions ringed on his ears, he decided to just back out and get inside again but his feet were pinned and he didn’t able to move, good thing his brother came and he was saved.
“hyung I’m sorry too..I didn’t listen to you,,,, ren pulled out from his brother and turn to baekhyun..
“it’s okay,,I understand,, just don’t do it again, I don’t know what to do if something had happen to you in there…baekhyun response..
“thank you,, ren mumbled and somehow feel relief already.
Chanyeol went to attend the reporters outside. Just like what he did in the company, he talked to them calmly.
“I already told some reporters about this. We haven’t talk about it, I still need a confirmation from my brother, so please give us some time to talk what is this all about, I have no idea about this and my brother need some time to explain to us. Thank you and good day.. He stated and gestured the guards to close the gate.
“sir,,sir,,mr. park!!! The reporters kept calling but he just ignored them.
The moment he entered the house, their mom is already at the top of the stairs looking down to them.
“what is happening? What is that noise? Mom asked…
“it’s nothing mom..just some reporters,,there’s a accident outside…chanyeol lied, he doesn’t want to lie but he needs to due to his mother’s condition.
“ren are you crying? Mom noticed…
“mom, no,,I just have my colds,,I told them to take me to the clinic…ren lied too..
“miss,,kindly take my mom back to her room,,,chanyeol told the nurse who was standing behind the wheelchair..
Chanyeol blew air coming from his diaphragm and told the brother to go to his room. Ren obeyed. Baekhyun stare at his boyfriend.
“kyungsoo,,arrange a private interview tomorrow,,,chanyeol ordered..
“okay,,how many reporters? Kyungsoo asked…
“wait..why don’t you coordinate with the Kim’s, suggest to them our plans,,maybe we can just make one interview for ren and jr..it’s better like that..I’ll talk to Mr. Kim’s older son…baek suggested..
“ahhh he’s taehyung’s boyfriend right…okay just do it that way…chanyeol agreed…
“I’ll call you when I already settled it with them, then you can arrange the venue of the interview…baekhyun told the secretary…
Kyungso nodded and leave the house when the crowd outside is empty. Baekhyun led chanyeol to go to his room and gave him his pill for headache.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the same span of time, at Mr Kyu’s residence, Jr haven’t talk something because he was stopped by jin hurriedly, and with the help of aron, he was led inside again.
“just let me do it…Jr wiggled and attempt to go out again.
Jin didn’t hold his temper and he needed to give a punch to Jr to shut him down. Jr fell hard on the floor. He was shocked of course because he didn’t expect his brother to disagree that much on his decision to explain to the medias.
“what happen here? Youngsaeng asked as they come inside and saw jr on the floor with a drip of blood on the nose.
“what did you do? V hold his boyfriend and asked while hyun joong helped the boy on the floor to stand up.
They gathered on the living room, they talked what happen to their father. Young saeng with his husband decided to give a talk to the reporters who are still making noise outside.
“our friend Mr Kim Kyu Jong is still in the hospital, so let’s not assume things until he wakes up, and regarding Jonghyun ssi our friend’s son, we will talk to him and as soon as the father wakes up, we will give a proper explanation to all of you, so as a representative of this household, we are requesting you to please leave them for a while, because we still need to talk about it. Thank you for your cooperation, you may leave now. Young saeng stated.
They get in again, the boys are still there in the living room not talking to each other.
“now tell us what happen, why did you hit him, jin..,,young saeng started..
“he went out, I don’t know what he wants to do, I told him to just stay still and I will handle it but he didn’t listen to me and he still go out there and try to deal with them..jin specified..
“jonghyun…why did you do that? Hyun joong asked the boy after..
“I just thought it would stop them if I will answer their question…Jr answered..
“it should be QUESTIONS… reporters will never ask a single question, remember this, the more you answer the more they can throw you a question, every answer has a follow up question. Don’t forget about that…so do you think they will stop if you can answer a question, what will you answer, yes? Or no? there is no such thing as yes or no with medias. You’ll make yourself in more risky situation if you answer like that…hyun joong educates the boys based on their own experience.
“I’m sorry..Jr apologize and lowered his head…
“they will get tired soon, just stay inside the house, go to your room and don’t ever ever get out,,we will take care of it while your father is still unconscious..we will go to the hospital to talk to your mom….young saeng said..
“appa can I stay here? V asked…
“okay,,,just call us when you need something..hyun joong permitted and left the boys..
“owh I need to go too,,,minhyun and baekho are calling me already…they can’t contact ren…aron informed…
“thanks for helping,,jin said..
“no worries,just call me if you need me..aron replied and left too.
“hyung I’m sorry,,,,jin apologize again…
“it’s alright,,is it hurting? Jin click his tongue while checking the nose of his brother…
“where’s your first aid kit,,,? V interrupt..
“ahh yeah just go to the restroom you will find them on the drawer…jin instructed..
“I thought it’s going to be fine if fionna will let me go but it makes it more complicated than before… jr exhaled..
“this is not just a simple problem that you think you can solve on your own…so for now, let’s wait on what will be uncle’s plans for this..hope abeoji will wake up soon..Jin mumbles…
Jin helped his brother to cure him. He told him to go to his room. V give comforts to his boyfriend.
“want to rest? V asked..
“no,,I just need one thing..jin pulled down his lover into his side…
“what is it? V raise his brow…
“a kiss…jin said pointing his pouty lips…
“hmm,,,v gaze sharply to his boyfriend…
Jin didn’t say anything again, he lean in and kissed his boyfriend. V didn’t able to reject, that makes his boyfriend feel better maybe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day, chanyeol and baekhyun took their brother in a hotel, after some conversation and talking about the situation. Kyungsoo is there already and led them to the room that he reserved for the interview with the two reporters of the biggest station and newspaper writer.
Followed, Mr. Heo and his husband came with Jr, Jin and their son. They went straight to the room where kyungsoo instructed them. Coming inside, jr glance at his boyfriend. Jin and V waited outside.
Sitting in the middle are the talk of the news, chanyeol and baek beside the brother while Mr. heo and the husband represents Mr Kyu sitting beside Jr.
The interview is about to start when one of the Kim’s staff gets in and went to Mr. Heo handing him a usb drive. He personally handed the usb to the reporters ater receiving an instruction from the staff. The reporters plug it on their laptop and put the earphones on their ear to hear it carefully and open the only file saved.
A couple of minutes later being silent inside the room and waiting. The reporters smiled and closed the laptop and stand up taking their things with them.
“we’ll take this..well thank you for today, I think this is enough..the reporter says and left.
All of them were wondering, what happen and as to what was that usb contained. They looked at Mr. Heo including his husband.
“well I don’t know the content too..I was just told to give it to them which I did…Mr. Heo shrugged..
“what is this? Chanyeol frowned…
“I think all we need to do is wait…right? Baekhyun talked…
Chanyeol was walking back and forth, the others are tapping the table, others are thinking. Ren and jr exchange glances once in a while. 2 hours later, chanyeol’s phone beeps.
*hey where are you, I thought you have interview? Open the TV right now.. It’s from kai.
Chanyeol run to where the TV located, he switch it on and Mr. Kyu is on the screen.
Sorry for the shocking news. I heard what was reported about my hospitalization. And as I woke up from being unconsciousness, I immediately recorded this when my wife told me that my son and the other party is having an interview. I am here right now to clarify things. Yes it’s true that my son have a relationship with the brother of Mr. Park, they kept it from us because we opposed on that relationship, as you all know my son had engage but sad to say the girl just turned it down, I admit I was too angry because of that but that’s not the reason why I am here in the hospital, there is no connection in between, I was sick and I overworked that’s why my body just gave in. Regarding the photo, whoever leaked that photo, I know who you are. No one can question it, that scene is supposedly a private but some people who don’t care about having privacy just carelessly spread it out, there’s a party in my hotel and Mr. Choi is one of the guest, and he accidentally stained his suit and wet his pants with the wine so my son as a boyfriend who was there as representative of my hotel take him to his room to change but I suddenly came in the room and I didn’t able to close the door. So a guy took the chance to take a photo. That’s what happen, believe it or not it’s up to all of you. But I am telling you, there is no connection between the two situation, stop spreading a false article, stop ruining my son’s privacy..thank you.
All were shocked about the statement, chanyeol and baekhyun are wondering because that’s not the real case. Jr and ren of course knows what was really happened that time and they are 100 percent sure that the statement is opposite to what is the real one.
“that’s amazing, he convince the two reporters with his words? Jr laughed..
“why did he do that? Ren mumbled…
“can’t you see? I told you,,he’s going to accept us…jr screamed..
“tsk tsk tsk….happy that much,,you haven’t talk to your father..aigoo…ren shake his head..
“you’re not happy? Jr crumpled his brows…
“happy your face..ren mock, but deep inside,,he wants to laugh too, well he doesn’t want to expect things that aren’t sure..
“let’s go home,,chanyeol spoke,,,
Ren stood up and leave the happy face of his boyfriend, pretending not happy, baekhyun pat jr’s head and followed the two.
“Hey!!! Do you think father is giving a way for both of you? Jin went to his brother and asked…
“he didn’t say he’s accepting it,,he was just preventing the news from getting bigger, and he’s just protecting his son and everyone’s reputation…V interrupts..
“haiisssttt,,you don’t have to ruin my mood..Jr hissed.. Jin glared at his boyfriend and V just looked away.
They decided to visit the father in the hospital since he’s back to his consciousness. Jr is preparing for his speech to his father.
As soon as they arrived, their father smiled to them. They get closer and lowered their head to him.
“what happen to your nose,,,you had a fight? Father ask Jr..
“no abeoji,,,hyung hit me yesterday with his fist..Jr answered…
“why did you do that Jin?….father turn to him..
“because he disobeyed me, he planned to deal with the reporters by his own…jin replied..
“aigoo…now I know, that both of you had grown up already, I can’t deal with your own decisions already…father asserted..
“seems you have a strong kids…Mr. Heo commented..
“I thought when I opposed with you both, it would be the last mistake I could have, I didn’t know that it will happen again not once but twice…Mr. Kyu sighed…
“well maybe it’s your fate to have a best friend like me and two sons the same as me…you just have to be good to me and hyun joong that time,,,Mr. heo joked..
“so you’re saying I’ve been too bad to both of you? Mr. Kyu condemn…
“You say that, not me…the goddess of love just teaching you your lesson again for trying to break a true love..am I right? Mr. Heo went to his best friend and gave him a hug…
“thanks for taking care of my sons…Mr. Kyu uttered..
“I did nothing,,,anyway,,you are so welcome,,,we have to go…He replied….V let’s go,,,he called and they left the family…
“abeoji,,im sorry,,I know it’s really my fault why you are here right now..thanks for protecting me from them..Jr talked seriously. Feeling guilty…
“you don’t have to say sorry,,how is he? Abeoji asked..
Jr looked at his father as if asking who he was talking about. He tilted his head and furrowed waiting for his father to mention who.
“I’m talking about ren…fether mentioned..
“he’s still not talking to me…jr replied…
“why? Why don’t you go to him and talk…abeoji advised all of a sudden…
“huh? Abeoji, you mean,,I am allowed to talk to him? Jr confirmed,,,
“whatever you heard from me..go before I change my mind…abeoji shoo his son with his permission to go to ren…
Jr was so happy, he kissed his brother, his mom and his father and run. He can’t describe how happy he was that moment. He was driving fast as if he can’t wait for the moment to see ren and give him the good news. Finally the forbidden relationship has been acknowledge now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chanyeol and baekhyun resumed to their work while ren decided to go home to rest since he didn’t able to get enough sleep because of that article. Chanyeol went to his office with baekhyun.
“you don’t have to go to work,,you need some rest too..baekhyun said and massage the lover’s temple and head.
“it’s okay,,I am waiting for the documents to be signed this afternoon.. chanyeol response while shutting his eyes…
Baekhyun fixed his boyfriend’s hair and lean his on the table facing the lover. Chanyeol opened his eyes and looked up to his man. After few blinks of their eyes, he pulled him closer and baekhyun bent down. Chanyeol sited him on his lap and planted a soft nibbled on the lips.
“everything will be fine soon, don’t worry,,baekhyun whispered..
“thanks for always comforting me and giving me strength…I don’t think I am still in my right mind if you didn’t come back to me…chanyeol whispered back and planted another soft kiss.
They both smiled and didn’t mind if they are in the office. Baekhyun ed the polo until the chest and gave him butterfly kisses. Chanyeol’s eyes rolling as he felt the urge that fast. He was about to carry him to transfer on the sofa for a wider place, but the door swung open. They both jumped from their position.
“OMG!!!! What are you doing!!! Kyungsoo was shocked and yelled after..
“ahmmm,,I’ll better go to my office..baekhyun pursed his lips and exited, blushing and embarrassed…
“gosh chanyeol,,when I saw you both hugging while sleeping in your office at home, that’s normal for me,, but seeing you almost having with your boyfriend in your office, take note, company’s office, that’s too abnormal, this is not a private place even if this is your own office…what if I am with some clients or another staff? Kyungsoo scolded his boss..
“fine,,I’m sorry,,it won’t happen again, next time I’ll make sure the door is locked….chanyeol laughed at kyungsoo’s expression..
“next time? So you are planning to do it next time?!,,kyungsoo hollered
“well were doing it for years,,it just so happen that you found out…and there’s a word ‘knock’…chanyeol revealed and quoted….
“owh,,gosh,,,youre making me insane chanyeol…kyungsoo slap himself on both cheeks..
“anyway,,what are you doing here? I thought you’re going home…
“I remember that there are clients coming by 3 pm today so I stayed…
“there is? I see,,chanyeol murmured and stared at his secretary…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ren went straight to his room to rest, but somehow he’s thinking what jr had said. Are those just assumption? Or that’s what will happen? He wants to believe that finally they are going to be formal but somehow, he’s convincing himself not to expect much. He rolled on his bed and wiggle.
Few minutes later, he heard a noise calling his name coming from outside. He looked out from his window and saw Jr making another scandal outside. He grab his phone and dialed jr’s number.
“I want to talk to you…jr answered the call…
“just go home let’s talk some other time…ren talked back..
“no,,,let me in….jr said..
“no…
“baby please I want to get in…jr insisted…
Ren ended the call and called the guard. The gate finally opened. Jr smiled when the guard gave him an entrance. He was led at the living room. He waited for a while before ren showed up at the top of the stairs.
Jr didn’t wait and he run towards ren. Ren was shocked and wondering why jr is acting so happy.
“what are you doing? Ren asked finally…
“I told you..this gonna be happen..abeoji told me to talk to you..see? See? Jr said excitedly..
“what..ren still can’t believe what jr is talking about..
“we are free!! Jr screamed and lift his boyfriend up..
“Oh my gosh jr put me down..ren slapped the other’s shoulder…
“let me stay here,,let’s see where’s your room? This one? Jr said happily and run to the door that he first notice..
“that my brother’s room,,just go home jr before my brother will see you here…
“this one?
“that’s baekhyun hyung’s..
“here?
“not that one…ren blocked jr,,that’s my mom’s…
“ahhh this one…jr smiled at the last door and slowly turn the knob, he felt nervous, first time seeing his boyfriend’s room,..he entered and was amazed at the designs and well furnished stands and furniture, the creative decorations and simple designs of his bed.
“jr please,,go home now,,,ren annoyingly pulled his man…
“ren,,I’ve waited for this..your brother told me that if I’m ready then I can get you by going here,, and so I’m here,,ren don’t you understand? My father already permitted us to have the relationship…jr pulled ren on the waist and tell…
Ren blinked many times before he completely processed the news in his mind. Jr pushed him on the bed gently, ren wrapped his arm around his lover’s neck and hugged him tight.
“I didn’t pushed you in this bed just to hug me…Jr joked…
“I know, I just want to hug you.. Ren pouts and kissed him on the nose…
“that’s all? How about here?? Jr pouted his lips…
“all the way?,,,ren winked and ducked his head to reach jr’s lips…
“ahh I missed you ren…I missed this,,Jr groan and pressed him more to the bed.
Ren didn’t refuse, he misses this too of course. But he didn’t able to think that they are at their own house and anytime his brother will come home. Who cares, he can’t reject his boyfriend’s naughty invitation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chanyeol got home with baekhyun. Tired, so he threw himself on the sofa and told his boyfriend to check ren and call him for dinner.
Baekhyun went to the kitchen to inform the maids to prepare the dinner and he proceeded to go upstairs and check ren. He’s about to knock when he heard a giggle from inside. He flatted his ear on the door to listen. He’s hearing two different voices. He knock.
The door swung open and ren show out. The boy was shocked and his smile dropped to a wide eyes.
“hyung!!! Why are you here? Ren asked..
“what do you mean why I am here? Baekhyun blinked several times..
“I mean,,I thought you’re at work…ren muttered…
“yes,,it’s already 7 pm, office hours ended….baekhyun replied…
“what? 7? Ren howled..
“wait a minute,,I heard two voices in your room? Who is the other one?
“ahmmm…ren shut his eyes when he remember that jr is still inside his room…
Baekhyun didn’t wait for the answer and he completely opened the door. He was taken aback when he saw jr on the bed.
“Mr. Byun…Jr pulled out immediately from the bed and bowed…
“what are you doing here? Baek asked and turn to ren..
“ahmmm hyung,,I will explain…ren said…
“baek,,what took you both so long,,? Chanyeol irately said as soon as he stepped in…
“good evening sir..Jr greeted…
Chanyeol tilted his head, looking at baek, to ren and then to the one who greeted. He furrowed his brows and pointed his finger to Jr.
“what are you doing here? He asked…
“hyung!!! Let me explain…ren hold tight of his brother’s arm,,,,
“okay..what is this all about why he is here? Chanyeol said calmly but obviously annoyed..
“that thing hyung,,he,,I,,,ren sighed as he doesn’t know what to say…
“you told me sir, that if I am ready then I can get him by coming here..don’t worry my father permitted me, he allow me…jr spoke…
“what? Chanyeol frowned…
“sorry sir,,,what I mean,,,I got my father’s acceptance…jr confirmed..
“Jr..go home now..ren told and pushed him on the door…
“wait…chanyeol called…
“chanyeol,,baekhyun hold his man, thinking that he will do something..
“no,,, no,,, no,,,it’s already dinner,,just join us…chanyeol then said and walked out from the room..
Baekhyun and ren look at each other, and both turn to Jr. They were surprised. Baekhyun gestured the two to just come with him.
They were all sitting on the dining room, no one is talking, Jr is not yet comfortable, ren is also worried, baekhyun is just being alert, he begun to serve his man.
“you’re not eating? Chanyeol coldly asked…
Ren quickly put rice on his plate.
“ren,,,entertain your visitor…chanyeol ordered..
“eh? Hyung,,are you alright? Ren tilted his head and wonder..
“I’m not,,because I’m tired and I want to rest now, so just eat and finish it so we can all get our rest…chanyeol talked while still focus on his food..
Ren didn’t ask anymore, he served his man. While baekhyun smiled and slightly nudge his man’s foot with his under the table. Chanyeol looked at him.
They ate almost 30 minutes without talking. Chanyeol and baekhyun stood up first and went to the living room, after few minutes the young couple followed.
“is the car outside yours? Chanyeol coldly questioned with his cross legs and arms..
“yes sir…Jr answered…
“you know what? you’re scaring him…baekhyun commented…
“ahh no sir its okay…Jr shook his head but apparently, he felt scared as soon as chanyeol starts to question and that expressionless face seems too scary now than before, he was like a suitor getting the permission from a strict parent.
“you can go home now…ren, lead his way to the gate..chanyeol ignored and commanded..
“yes sir..but can I come back here next time? Jr asked, hoping…
“when is that next time?
“tomorrow? Jr tried..
“haissstttt..tsk…chanyeol gritted and widened his eyes..
“hyung~~~~ ren cried out… jr let’s go….he said and grabbed him out of his brother’s sight…
“when can we meet? Jr asked when they reach the front gate…
“I don’t know yet…ren replied…
“have lunch at home…I’ll wait for you the day after tomorrow at home….Jr suggest…
“what? No!! ren exclaimed…
“why?
“Kim Jonghyun, it hasn’t been a week since you were allowed to meet me..and I don’t know what’s on your father’s mind…no..I don’t want to go…ren refused..
“ren,,let them welcome you at home…I will tell abeoji and mom…I’ll call you and I will wait for you there…Jr insist and peck him on the lips and gets in his car..
“yahhh jr!!! Kim Jonghyun!!! Ren shouted but jr already race his car..
He chuckled, somehow feeling great at last they can go to each other’s house freely. But then he’s still not confident to face his boyfriend’s family. He gets inside with a smile and jumped to his brother’s embrace.
“thank you,,he whispered…
“happy? Chanyeol ruffled his hair…
“hmmm,,ren hum…
Chanyeol felt happy seeing his brother smiling again. He smiled at his boyfriend who was there beside them. Maybe it is the happiest moment of his life, having his lover and his brother with him smiling brightly in front of him.
Baekhyun entangled his arm to his man and lean his chin to the shoulder. Happy that at last, his dream of having a happy relationship is finally with them, and a family that makes it perfect.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------