the meeting again

PLAYFUL HEARTS: LOVE IS MY WITNESS
 
 
The crowd became empty, the music became mute, hanbyul, Ren and Jr creates a world full of silence and full of tense at the same time. Hanbyul was fired up when he saw Ren almost falling on the floor. Jr felt burning when Ren keeps on lying to himself, the pain was doubled, the ache gets worst. Ren was alarmed with the atmosphere and thought of what will he going to do. What if the two will bruise each other? What is they will create a physical fight? His mind can’t process the current situation.
“hanbyul,,what are you doing here? Ren asked trying his hard to calm the situation when he realized what is happening.
“is there a problem? You almost fall? Hanbyul questioned in return…
“ahmmm nothing I just tripped…ren lied…
“let’s go? Hanbyul wrapped his arm around ren’s waist and walk with him.
“yahhh your sweating…ren complained and playfully pushed the older, somewhat felt relieved since hanbyul maintained his calmness..
“and so what? Hanbyul then said and messed ren’s hair..
The two were flirting while Jr loose the chance again to talk more with his ex-boyfriend. All were back in their places. V and jin looked at each other when they saw ren coming with hanbyul while jr behind them.
They chat on the remaining hours until everyone already felt their limits. But Jr already had drunk much. They decided to go home and Jr looked hopeless and since he brought his own car, he was insisting to drive on his own.
“Jr, just ride with us okay? Jin said while holding his brother..
“no!! I can drive,,promise,,I can still drive..don’t worry hyung..jr replied with a smirked..
“I think you better go with your brother..hanbyul suggested..you’re drunk bro…
“I said I can drive on my own,,jr hissed and rolled his eyes..
Jr then walked out ignoring everyone’s pleading to him. He hopped inside the car and try to start the engine but he failed. He hit the steering wheel with his fist and faced palm himself.
“ahm hyung,,I’ll just take him home,,,is it alright with you? I’ll just go home myself after,,,ren asked hanbyul..
“are you sure? I can help you,,hanbyul offered with worried face…
“owh come on,, I know that face,,,don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine..ren said and went to jr’s car..
He knocked on the window and jr opened it.
“open the door…he said without looking at him..
Jr just obeyed and opened the car. Ren gestured him to transfer on the passenger seat which Jr granted. He felt hypnotized when ren gave his words to him and he just instantly followed.
Ren hopped inside and grabbed the keys on jr’s hand while jr‘s jaw still dropped open.
“you’re improving…ren muttered nonchalantly,,,
Jr drunkenness seems lost and his eyes just opened wide. Staring at the man who was preparing to drive.
“don’t misunderstood, you can’t just really drive and seems everyone can’t control you.
Jr was speechless, he didn’t expect this in the first place because he thought ren got mad because of what he did a while back.
“do you live this way? Ren talked and the car started to move..
“I missed you….is that all you can ask? Jr replied and sited properly..
“well, nothing to ask for, we’re now both on our own, I don’t think it’s proper to ask what happen for that whole 3 years…
“why not? I want to know..jr told..
Ren didn’t response and focused on the road. Trying to ignore what jr wanted.
“what kind of life you had when you left me? Did you had a boyfriend? A girlfriend? Did you eat well, did you sleep well? I want to know everything….
Ren still keeping his mouth shut and ignore Jr’s demand.
“tell me!!! don’t ignore me!!! Jr suddenly screamed…
Ren is still being quiet and not responding to jr.
“If I can’t get you back to me, then I’d rather die with you…Jr said and suddenly grabbed the steering wheel. The car was loosing the way and it wiggles in the middle of the road.
“Jr, what are you doing!!! Are you crazy!!! Ren was shocked and panic…
“let’s die together…!!! Jr yelled and keeps grabbing the wheel..
“Jr!!!!! oh my Goshhh!!! Ren widened his eyes when they were transferred to the other lane, good thing he able to balance the wheel and prevents the car. He quickly parked it on the side and stopped the car before Jr gone crazy again..
“talk to me…jr mumbled..
“you’re crazy!..ren hissed and unbuckled his seatbelt…
“ren, I’m sorry…Jr grabbed ren towards him and hugged him tight…
“jr..I can’t accept you again.. We can’t…ren cried because what he say is the opposite of what he feels..
“I’m going crazy ren…I waited for you..
“I don’t need you, I didn’t told you to wait for me…just accept it, we can’t be together..ren uttered biting his lips and trying to hold back his cries…
“I can’t..please…jr plead..
“I’m sorry… just call your brother to pick you, I can’t take you home already, it’s already late…ren said and exited the car.
Jr cried while looking at ren, walking away from him. He gasp as he can’t hold back his tears and sobs coming out, the pain was suffocating him, his chest tightened of too much ache.
Ren walked away, tears keeps flowing continuously, he burst in cries when he was few steps away from jr. Trying to hide the pain he has, trying to hide his real feelings for jr.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chanyeol and baekhyun were on the living room, resting and waiting for ren to come home. They got worried when hanbyul called at the landline at home.
“who is this? Baekhyun ask…
“its hanbyul..he replied..
“owhh hi.. Ren is not home yet…baek told immediately as he knows the boys purpose of the call..
“he’s not answering his phone,,he left here two hours ago..hanbyul announced…
“what? But he’s not here yet…baek said,,,
The call was ended and told his man about the phone call. Chanyeol tried to call his brother but ren showed up on the door.
“ren! Hanbyul called and~~~ baek approach him but he was cut when he notice him with a blank face…
“I’m sorry I came home late..it’s just that my engine won’t start so I needed to take a taxi…
“something wrong? I thought you came from a show? But why you look so sad? Chanyeol noticed..
“ahh I’m just tired..I think I need a rest now..good night..ren said and headed to his room.
Just then another call came to baek’s phone.
“owh V why? He asked immediately..
“just want to ask if ren is home already..V replied…
“yeah,,he just arrived…why? Baek response..
“ahhh nothing we were just worried..anyway,,thanks hyung..see you tomorrow…..v hanged the phone..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jin was waiting at home since he came home before Jr. Fionna was there too, waiting for almost 4 hours already. Jin was worried and so he phoned his boyfriend to call baekhyun to confirm if ren was home and V did what his boyfriend asked him to do, he returned a call and confirmed it. He got worried even more. After an hour, jr fell sat on the entrance.
“owh my God Jr,, where have you been? Jin approached and lend a hand to stand up....
“stop worrying about me! I’m old enough to take care of myself…! Jr shouted all of a sudden and shove his brother’s hand,,
“oppa..what’s wrong with you,,why are you so drunk again? Fionna get near him but she failed and she was pushed on the side too..
“Kim Jonghyun!!!!! His father came and saw what he did..
“you will scold me? Fine!!! Jr raise his voice and run towards his room…
His father sigh. Fionna was shocked, this is the first time she was pushed by jr, even if she didn’t get a good treatment from him. Jin followed him and knock repeatedly on the door.
“leave me alone!!!! yelling from inside…
“Jr talk to me..please..Jin begged..
“hyung!!! I can’t live anymore…I’d rather die hyung,,Jr mumbling inside his room and burst out of crying until he fell asleep due to his too much cries, he felt exhausted plus the alcohol that he drunk.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day, baekhyun and chanyeol rushed to their date since they overslept. It was supposedly baekhyun and taehyung’s celebration for his graduation but chanyeol insisted to join.
“why are you here? V click his tongue and rolled his eyes over the tall man…
“tssshhh,,,don’t you know how to respect someone? Chanyeol hissed and widened his eyes to the younger…
“we’re not in school…and I’m sure you didn’t came here as the president…I’m not expecting you to be here in the first place…V said annoyingly….hyung!! I thought this is our date…he whined…
“haissttt..this kid….chanyeol growled…
“both of you can you stop for a moment,,? Or you want me to leave you both here? Baekhyun spoke and sigh…
“no!!! the two exclaimed….
“then can we sit now? Baekhyun raise his brow to the two…
“you better bring ren too…V pouted…
“he’s not feeling well…he wants to take a rest…baekhyun answered…
“you’re with him yesterday,,,I’m sure you know what happen why he was so tired and exhausted…chanyeol added…
“we just had some fun….V mocked..
Baekhyun heaved a deep sigh and glared at the two. The two shut their mouths and looked down to the menu…
“ahh hyung let’s eat beef stake and then ice cream for dessert…V showed the menu and suggested..
“he likes pork ribs barbeque and cake for dessert…chanyeol then said contradicting the younger’s choice…
“it’s beef and he likes ice cream,,we used to eat ice cream before..
“that’s before,,,we used to eat pork ribs barbeque and a chocolate cake…
“can you both please stop arguing…just order yours… baekhyun scolded..
“it’s your fault,,chanyeol mouthed..
“it’s you…V mouthed back..
“waiter,,,baekhyun called….beef stake for him,,,he said pointing to his brother..pork ribs barbeque for him,,pointing to his lover..and give me your best chicken dish and prepare three order of ice cream and cakes… baekhyun dictates.
“this is supposedly my date…V mumbled..
“what? Chanyeol pardoned…
“just keep quiet if you don’t want to talk nicely…baekhyun tap the two on the shoulder..
“I’m sorry hyung,,,V uttered..
“it’s okay,,,I just wish one day I can see you both talking to each other nicely..baekhyun wished..not mocking each other, not annoying each other…I’m going to loose my 40 years in life if you continue being like that..he shook his head…
They ate, they chat though once in a while the two were mocking each other and baekhyun just breathed heavily to calm himself.
“hyung…thanks for the lunch..V said and hugged his brother…
“take care..and give this to your appa…baek said and handed out a box of cake… and here is my gift…he gave a medium sized box….
“thanks..V said happily and gave him a peck on the cheek…I’ll go now…he added..
“chanyeol,,baekhyun elbowed him..
“wait..chanyeol stopped the younger…
“what? V asked with a raise brow..
Chanyeol went to their car and came back quickly. Handing out a small paper bag and gave it to V.
“what is this,,v asked..
“obviously a gift..,,,chanyeol answered..
“gift? V raised a brow..
“he bought it the other day…take it,,baekhyun spoke..
“really,,well thanks,,V shrugged…
“just go now before I will take it back..chanyeol grew his eyes to him…
V left first and they followed. Chanyeol drove, while baekhyun was smiling looking at his lover.
“you look cool,,,you already like taehyung right? You are just ashamed to show it…baekhyun commented..
“tssshhh of course not,,I just gave him the gift because he’s your brother…
“hmmpp..baekhyun giggle and smiled....
“I never seen you smiling widely before…are you that happy that you found your brother?..
“soo happy..thank you and you let me have time with him…I’m glad that I have him and you, both of you are the most precious ones in my life…baekhyun said and caressed his lover’s arm…
“I was just afraid before but I realize it when V talked to me bravely just to explain everything…I’m sorry,,and thank you for forgiving me and thank you for staying beside me…I am so thankful that I met you…chanyeol told and drew a smile in his face..
“you know what,,I like it when you smile,,you don’t look scary, you’re looking fresh, no stress, I’m proud that you overcame everything and for understanding your brother’s feelings…I just wish he could find his happiness too like us…baekhyun praised and wished..
“I don’t think he could find another Jr in his life..he’s too picky,,he even rejected his marriage to haera,,if he just know the hardship I had because of that…and that hanbyul, he rejected him too and those other girls back in London.. I don’t know what is his plan for his future..
“at least it’s over now..all he can do now is move on….everything will be fine soon..he can plan his future easily,,just give him time…
“how I wish,,,he could…he wants to take care of the university,,,he will just remember everything in the past..
“well who knows,,that’s his reason why he wanted to be the school director..he has a beautiful memories in there..
Chanyeol sighed and glance once at his boyfriend. Exchanging smiles and wink. They’ve been a perfect couple since baekhyun came back home to him. Chanyeol is not hesitant anymore to rely on what baekhyun can do. Their relationship is not publicly declared but they are not hesitant to show it even there are employees, since chanyeol owned almost all the businesses he manage. They didn’t received any complains from other board nor heard any criticisms from them.
They arrived home and saw ren lazing on the living room, ren was stomach laying on the sofa while the different snacks are scattered on the center table.
“what are you doing? Chanyeol went to his brother and asked…you smell awful…go get your shower now… he tap the younger’s …
“no one will going to smell me so it’s okay if I take my shower later…ren said.
“let’s go to the shopping center? My treat..come on,,,hurry up…chanyeol said and winked..
“but I’m not in the mood and I’m lazy to go out…ren burry his face to the small pillow..
“hurry up,,hurry up,,hurry up…chanyeol pestered..
“arrasseo..I don’t want to go out,,ren grumbles..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maids barge in Jr’s room. Waking up their young master who fell asleep on the floor. The two maids were in panic and immediately shook the young master, good thing he stir up and soon open the eyes.
“young master, we’re here to inform you that you have a meet up with Ms. Fionna to the ring designer…one of the maid said…
“tell my father to cancel it,,I’m not feeling well…Jr response with his almost faded voice…
“but young master,,your father left already…the maid informed..
“never mind…just prepare my shower…jr sighed and squeezed his eyes…
“do you need medicines? The maid asked again..
“just get one for headache.. He said..
He looked at the ceiling and spaced out, few minutes later when his bath is ready, he got up and sighed remembering what happen last night. He bathe and dressed lazily.
“Jr…where are you going? Are you alright? Ajjuma told me that you are not feeling well…jin went to his brother as soon as he saw him on the living room..
“it’s okay,,just a headache and mild fever I think..I took my medicine already..jr replied with a dull face..
“want me to tell abeoji to cancel it, I’m going to the company by 5pm.…
“no it’s fine…Jr decline..
He left and headed to the meeting place, there, his fiancé already waiting for him. He sited not even greeting the girl.
“oppa,,,you look pale..fionna talked, trying to make a conversation with her worried face.
“stop worrying,,stop pretending as if you are concern…I don’t need it…Jr mean response…
“do you think I’m pretending? Oppa,,why are you so mean to me?,,fionna blurted out..
“stop acting like you don’t know because you,,,you know it well….Jr gritted in a low volume…
“hi..the owner of the shop suddenly came and broke the two’s not so nice conversation…
The two just gaze up and looked away from each other.
“let’s start and finish it quickly so I can rest…Jr muttered..
“okay,,well here’s the design that I thought since your parents says that it would be simple yet glamorous..the designer lined the drafts on the table..
“just choose the one you think the most expensive..Jr said and stood up..
“hi…we’re here for the ring that I ordered? Chanyeol with baekhyun came all of a sudden…
“ahh hi Mr. Park,,yes,,wait for a moment sir..,,the boy on the counter said..
“hyung!!! What are we doing here? Ren then came and roared..
Jr heard, it seems familiar in his ear so he turn and see who was it. Fionna just bit her lip when she notice her rival to jr.
“ren..Jr mumbled..and stood up..
“oppa..fionna hold jr’s and to prevent him from going..
“just wait okay,,I ordered a ring,,it’s my gift for your graduation,,it took so long since I didn’t able to order it before your graduation..chanyeol revealed since ren is already sulking..
“eo,,really? Why? You gave me a present already right? Ren suddenly felt excited…
“ahm,,but this is different this is a graduation ring…chanyeol smiled when he notice his brother became excited..
“ren!!! Jr then called and went to them…shoving the hand of the girl..
“Jr,,,ren widened his eyes and murmured., he stared at him and turn to the girl behind him..
“minki..chanyeol felt worried again…
“ahh don’t worry hyung, did you get it? I’m hungry already…ren whined, pretending to be fine but the truth he’s not when he saw the girl was there too..
“yeah,let’s go…chanyeol said extending his arm to his brother‘s shoulder and squeeze it lightly.
“we have to go…ren said and waved even to the girl too..he looked up to his brother and smiled, biting his lip to control himself from tearing again..
They left but jr was astounded and his mind was battling whether to run and ask ren to talk again or just let him go. Fionna is about to cry, feeling outcast again and feel like a desperate woman.
“you can’t really forget him? Why? Am I really that stupid for possessing you this much until now though I know I can’t have you? Why can’t you give me a chance? Why can’t you notice my feelings and try to accept it? You see ren ignores you now, he moved on already, why can‘t you do moving on? Fionna stated and cried..
“I’m sorry..Jr’s only words, he faced the girl and lowered his head, holding the hands and say,,,I know your feelings but I’m sorry,,I tried to move on and convince myself to accept you, but at the end of everything, I only want ren into my life still..I’m really sorry,,I hope you could understand and forgive me in the future….
“what else can I do? My love for you is really unrequited huh?…fionna said, tears falling on her cheeks,.
Jr somehow sympathize her, but then his heart only beats for ren. He released the girl’s hand slowly and murmured the word sorry again. Fionna gave him a chuckle and wipe off her tears. Jr then leave and run. Searching for the ex but he failed to locate them, every corner of the shopping center he goes, he didn’t find him, clothing stall, restaurants, movie theatre and so on but ren already disappeared. Until he reach the parking space and there he saw the car driving by chanyeol leaving the place.
He faded and collapsed. Good thing fionna was already in the car and saw him. She quickly asked for help and took him in the hospital.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ren decided to just go home after they picked the ring, worrying that Jr might do something and create a scandal.
“are you alright? Baekhyun ask when they all hopped inside the car…
“yeah I’m fine,,don’t worry,,let’s just go home..ren assured…
“seems you’re right, jr is not giving up on you..chanyeol spoke while staring from afar…
“do you want to talk to him? Baekhyun asked…
“ahmmm no we’ve talked already and besides,,we’re done.. Ren forced a smile and pretend to check the ring and wore it…
The two sighed and just do what their brother wants..
Ren was looking out to the side mirror, watching Jr. He suddenly cried and didn’t able to hold back his sobs. Hurting inside and pain seems killing him that much. His heart was severely damaged before and now it aches continuously whenever he sees the man desperately looking for him and begging to come back.
He saw jr fell on the ground, three of them saw it, but then when chanyeol stopped the car, ren just told them to go when he saw fionna running to jr. he gripped on the hem of his shirt and tries to control himself from crying but he can’t because he was suffocating and he felt more pain whenever he’s holding back his cries.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aron, minhyun, and baekho, with Jin and V standing on the side of the bed, waiting for jr to open his eyes but he was sleeping so deep.
Jin went to fionna who was crying on the other corner of the room. He comfort her. Somehow he felt pity on her, she was a victim of true love, he truly loves jr but Jr truly loves another person. She was hurting yet she’s trying to keep and save his relationship to Jr even though it was just a one sided relationship. For her, Jr is her life but for Jr, ren is her whole life.
“thank you,,jin spat out…you never leave jr though he treats you bad.. He added..
“I love him,,but is it time to change my feelings for him?…
“you can’t change your feelings for him not until you learn how to accept that he’s not the right one for you….
“we were at the ring shop, ren came too…I was there, but he chose to follow ren…ren was ignoring him but still he’s giving his attention to him while me,,while me,,I begged him not to follow him but he just ignored me, all I want is just a little attention from him, a little respect from him..
“I’m sorry,,I know I don’t have the right to tell you this…just move on,,don’t make it hard for you,,you still have the choice, someday, you’ll find the right one for you…
“but I want jr to be the right one for me…
“you can’t force him,,you can’t force something to go along with your wants and likes..jr is not the right one for you,,you don’t deserve him,,,you have still enough time to make the right decision..im not telling you this just to stop the wedding..it’s all your decision,,think of it better..jin said and wipe the girl’s tears, he left her.
The girl just sat on the chair while looking at the boy lying on the hospital bed. Is this really the end of my dream? She thought.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------