coming back

PLAYFUL HEARTS: LOVE IS MY WITNESS
 
 
Baekhyun read the message the moment he switch on his phone. He thought for a while whether he will call or not. It was already midnight when he read it so he was hesitant to call.
*hyung ren is missing, Mr. Park needs you, I think,,maybe it’s time for you to come back to him..
It was a second message that he received and it was after an hour from the time of the first message. He spaced out, thinking whether the message is a con for him to go home and showed up. But then V is not the type of person who will use other people’s name to make as a reason.
He quickly run outside and drove in race. Heading to where someone needs him. Proceeding to the office as soon as he reach the mansion and entered inside. Hesitant as he knock softly, chanyeol spoke from inside and uttered come in. he slowly turn the knob and opened it, the tall man was visible from the door, running back and forth while ruffling his hair repeatedly.
“baek,,,chanyeol gasp as he notice him, mouthed the name.
“why you look so skinnier? Baek smirked…chuckled as he locked eyes with the tall man
Chanyeol didn’t waste time, what if he just came to check and leave after few minutes? What if this is just an illusion again? Question brought into mind. Disbelieving, after more than one month or two, his man is in front of him again. He cupped the face and attempt to kiss him but he controlled himself from doing it. Instead he pulled him slowly and hug him.
“taehyung told me….baek uttered..
“thank you for coming…chanyeol said, for the first time saying thank you to someone..
Baekhyun didn’t say anything, he can’t say anything, looking at his lover, skinnier than before, swollen eyes due to lack of sleep, he can‘t describe him well already. Feeling guilty, maybe chanyeol really suffered more due to his leaving. He hugged him back and peck the lips.
Chanyeol took advantage, he was controlling himself but when baekhyun gave a sign, he didn’t able to refuse to the call. He kissed him on the lips in return until both didn’t able to break since both of them already misses each other. Chanyeol carried him bridal style and laid him on the big sofa. Caressing the cheeks, ruffling the hair, examining every detail of the man, trying to figure out if there was some changes to the features of the short guy.
“please come back, don’t leave me anymore, I promise I will do whatever you wished for..chanyeol whispered…
“how‘s taehyung? Baekhyun tried to ask..
“he‘s fine I think,,we talked already, I‘m sorry for being too greedy..chanyeol‘s first sorry to him..I love you,he added…
“I love you too…baekhyun gasp and response…he didn’t ask further more seeing how problematic his man at first look.
Chanyeol just hug him tight, baekhyun hugging him back. They stayed with that position for few minutes until chanyeol laid beside him, occupying the small space of the sofa, they cuddled each other and just feel their breath and beat. No words, just hugs and once in a while chanyeol’s kisses on the other’s head, and squeeze his eyes close, feeling tired already since few days ago but he felt relieved that at least baekhyun is already home and he doesn‘t need to think much about him.
Baekhyun could feel the heavy breathing of his man, tired, exhausted. He turn to face him and cup the face. Chanyeol opened his eyes and look down to the other, obviously forcing himself to stay awake, and both exchange small smiles.
“you can sleep now.. You have to rest..baekhyun uttered..
“no,, I don’t want to realize that this is just a dream, I don’t want to wake up alone…chanyeol whispered..
“I’ll stay,,you’re not dreaming,,I promise, I will stay..I won’t leave…you looked stressed and tired, gain some strength chan…baekhyun smiled at him and gave him the assurance…
Chanyeol slowly closed his eyes, he was scared to sleep but his body is giving in, he felt too exhausted and lacking strength, though he’s controlling himself to fall asleep, he didn’t able to help himself to stay awake anymore and his eyes dropped close.
“don’t leave me,,chanyeol murmured before he completely fallen into his slumber.
“I’m sorry..baekhyun closed his eyes too. A bit of guilty striking inside.
While they were still sleeping the next day, D.O came in to the office with the rest, wanted to check their friend.
“oopsss…kyungsoo pointed to the sleeping couple..
“waahhh he came back?..kai was in disbelief…
Sehun is about to wake them up but luhan stopped him and gestured everyone to go outside. Everyone quietly exited the office and leave the couple alone again. They know chanyeol needs to energize and he needs baekhyun, now they can breath widely seeing their friend’s lover is already beside him again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jr and Ren woke up the next morning, all set, breakfast and everything. They are waiting for Aron to come as he promised to visit.
Meanwhile, Aron is on their way, minhyun and baekho with him. Everyone were silent, can’t feel at ease, worried that what if someone is tailing behind them as what ren’s brother said. Watching every move they will do.
“are you sure no one will know about this? Minhyun asked..
“im sure,,I didn’t tell anyone…and besides jr is my best friend so don’t doubt on me…aron assured…
“do you think they are safe to your house?..minhyun asked again…
“yes, as long as no one will know where the place is..aron assured again and hold minhyun’s hand…
Baekho was silent and keeps on looking around. He felt so tense and worried. Spacing out while playing the hem of his shirt.
“baekho,,are you alright?,,,you are quiet since we were in Seoul…why? Minhyun noticed..
“ahmm,,nothing,,I was just thinking if ren is fine….baekho answered and avoids minhyun’s eyes..
Minhyun just shrug, he was thinking maybe baekho is really worried, that is baekho, caring to his friends. They arrived, ren jumped to minhyun and baekho as soon as they exited the car. Aron went to Jr and just sigh in front of him.
“we’re fine bro..Jr muttered…
“do you know that you both are taking the risk? The older asked..
“I know, but we have to do this to save our relationship.. Jr replied..
“V is calling while on our way here..I didn’t answer it…aron told..
“don’t answer their calls. Thanks..said Jr.
“what are your plans now? Minhyun spoke and joined aron and jr…
“we’re going to jeju, supposedly but they deactivated all our cards… did you bring some cash? Jr looked at the older pitifully..
“yes but, there’s some problem..you can’t take the plane,, according to jin, your father already assigned some people in the airports and all the stations..aron announced..
“and your brother told us to watch us, I don’t know how can he do that, because until now I haven’t seen any suspicious people around me..minhyun added..
“it’s okay as long as we have the car..Jr said…
“until when will you stay here..aron then asked.
“until tomorrow, then the following day, early in the morning we will travel then..jr answered..
“baekho,,why are you so quiet? Ren noticed too…
“nothing,,I am just worried that someone is following us…I think we should go now..baekho response, stuttered a little..
“yeah right…we can’t stay here for long…here’s the money,,contact us if there’s a problem…take care…aron agreed and gave the cash to jr..
“thanks for this..Jr smiled and waved to them…
Baekho was spacing out once again while on their way back to Seoul. He was feeling guilty.
“I’m sure ren will contact you, if he told you to meet, then meet him and be sure to get the information where they are staying,,do you understand?,,,that was the last talk he had from Ren’s brother.
He sighed, he doesn’t know what to do. Ren is his bestfriend and he doesn’t want to betray him. But if he will not cooperate to ren’s brother, he will receive the threat that chanyeol gave to him. He’s feeling pressured because he can’t protect his best friend.
“you’ll going to regret it baekho, you will not graduate in this school, those words were drumming in his thought…words that became a threat from the CEO. He doesn’t want to disappoint his parents because the only request of his parents to him is to graduate in a prestigious university. He’s the eldest, so everything is up to him, he needs to do well so he can take over their businesses.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jin’s house…
“you really don’t have any idea where does ren and jr at?..V asked suspiciously to his boyfriend.
Jin just look at his boyfriend expressionless, even if Jr is his brother, Jr didn’t told him where they will go. He don’t have any idea where will they find his brother.
“if you know something then you have to speak it out..Jin, you’re feeling bothered lately..and I don’t want to see that..
“I don’t know where they are. If I know something I already told you!…. Jin replied with annoyance and step foot on his bedroom…
“I’m just worried,,you don’t have to be mad at me..V frowned as he talk back..
“im not mad…I’m just pressured..said jin and face palm himself.
“have you talk to aron hyung? To baekho and minhyun?
“they said they don’t know..
“that’s impossible…they can’t live without money especially ren…they will need help from their best friends…V assume…
“I don’t know anymore….jin messed up his hair and flop down on his bed..
The two jolted from their spot when they heard noise outside. They look at each other and listened carefully.. They are trying to listen up to the conversation outside but it was too unclear. Jin run to the door and opened it, V behind him.
“omo!!! V widened his eyes…
“they found them? Jin confirmed it to his boyfriend…
“well, V shrugged his shoulder..
Jin run outside and saw his father in a rush. He calls him and asked what is happening and where will they go but his father is busy talking on the phone and commanding his men on what to do.
“abeoji!..jin calls once again while he and v are tailing behind the father.
“omo!!! Baekhyun hyung…V was stopped following as he saw his brother outside his boyfriend’s residence.
“abeoji what is happening? Jin try to pester his father..
V smiled and race towards his brother, jumping into a hug to his brother. Baekhyun smiled back and pat the back head.
“hyung, how are you?..V asked,,why are you here? Why everyone’s here? He added..
“let’s talk when we come back huh? I will call you..baekhyun told….and thanks for the message,,he added..
V was confused but there is one thing that runs in his mind. Seeing chanyeol, his brother and the rest of their bodyguards waiting outside his boyfriend’s house, the only thing he thought was that it’s about ren and jr. and that makes him worried for his two friends. He glance at chanyeol and back to his brother.
“it’s okay…uttered baekhyun and smiled to him again before going inside the car.
The cars disappeared and they both look at each other, speechless since they both already know what’s inside of each one’s thought.
“try to call jr…v suggested handing out his phone to him..
“he’s not answering my calls…Jin said biting his lips while watching the cars from afar..
“then call aron hyung…V suggest it again, giving his phone to his boyfriend….
Jin took the phone and dialed aron’s number, but the latter is not picking up their calls. After dialing it many times, he gave up and gave back the phone to his lover and says, there’s no answer too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jr and ren was preparing their thing to bring the next day on their trip when an ajjuma went rushing to their room. They both jolted to their position but before they had ask a question to the old lady, few men, Mr. Kim kyu jong, Mr. Park chanyeol along with Byun Baekhyun showed up behind the old lady.
“hyung! Ren’s eyes grew wide and hid behind his boyfriend.
“how did you find out this place? Jr asked and stepped aback holding his lover until their back reach the window.
“we are not brainless to not able to think ways to find both of you!…Chanyeol raise a voice…
“let’s go Jonghyun, don’t let me force you to come with us..Mr. Kyu spoke, trying to be calm as much as possible.
“abeoji please…Jr begged…
Mr. Kyu didn’t bother to talk again since he know that his son will not come with them voluntarily. He gestured his men to get him by force.
“hyung please…ren knelt down to the floor while Jr is being forced to be parted from him…
Chanyeol step forward to get his brother but ren was stiffened. He tried to carry the boy but ren was wiggling non-stop.
“ren,,ren!,,choi minki stop it! Chanyeol loose his patience and slapped him once..
“chanyeol! Baekhyun exclaimed and took ren from him…
“I’m sorry, ren,,,please….chanyeol soften his tone and calmed himself when he realize what he had done to his precious brother.
Ren able to escaped from his brother and run towards his boyfriend. But he was blocked by one of the guy. He kept shouting Jr’s name, crying and telling him how much he love him, like he was mourning to the one he loves so much that needed to go away.
“Jr,,,please don’t leave…ren knelt on the ground.
Chanyeol went to his brother. He hugged him and trying to comfort him. He want to separate them, he was angry when he knew that his brother was in a relationship with a guy, and he was eager to take his brother away from the relationship. But seeing how desperate, how looking so pathetic his brother in trying to fight with his love, seeing the tears falling from the eyes, he thought how hurtful it was to be separated to the one you love. He already experienced to be parted to baekhyun and he knew how painful it was, how sad it is, and how hard to survive away from his love one.
“hyung!!! Please, let me be with jr….ren cried, pleading repeatedly..
“minki,,just accept the fact that you both don’t belong to each other…let’s not make it hard for both of us huh?,,,chanyeol spoke..
“but hyung….ren looked up to his brother…
“you have different fate, different future…chanyeol added…you can’t be with him…
“why I can’t, why you can have baekhyun hyung and I can’t have jr..what fate..Jr is my future. Only him…ren controlled his sobs, he bit his lips and tried to be strong..
Chanyeol just sigh and gave a sign to his bodyguard after standing up. Ren was taken and led to the car.
“I just want to be happy hyung! Just like you when you are around with the one you love. If it’s not jr, I’d rather be sad and die…ren uttered staring at his brother before getting in the car.
“why is this happening? I just want to give him a better future, have his own family. Someone can take good care of him, and who would know until when I able to be by his side?, I want him to have his family when I’m not in this world already…chanyeol muttered..
“you are worrying too much about him, ren look so weak but he’s strong. He can have the family he want even if it’s with jr..just like us…baekhyun forced a small smile and hold his man’s hand, interlock his fingers with him.
“even if I allow him, do you think it will work?. Mr. Kim will not approve it..I’m jut saving ren from this mess..rumors starts to spread because of someone who wants to break the two. And rumor is not good for all of us.. I have my reputation to take care, and I don’t want to ruin it…
“then how can you handle it if our relationship will leak out if you are worrying too much about your reputation…baekhyun looked up to his man and asked..
Chanyeol was stunned and he didn’t expect baekhyun to asked and he didn’t able to prepare if that time will come, he didn’t even thought of it before.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aron was driving recklessly since it is a remote area and he’s not expecting other cars around until when they were turning to the left, few cars are blocking the way with few guys looking around. He got off from the car and told the men about his way to exit the narrow aisle, which he was granted quickly. not even wondering who are those men and what are they doing in there.
They were already in Seoul when baekho talked all of a sudden that makes the other to crumpled their brows.
“let’s go back there…baekho almost tear when he uttered this words…
“why? Minhyun asked…something wrong? If you’re worried about ren, well we saw them and they are fine, and tomorrow they will leave aaron‘s house…
“not that…they will not,,able to do that..baekho stuttered…
“what are you talking about? Aron raise a bit of his tone,,he felt something that baekho knows..
“I’m sorry…I feel guilty..baekho covered his face with his both hands…
“don’t tell me…aron paused, he has something in mind…he grab baekho’s shirt with full of force…
“I’m sorry,,,Mr. park threatened me…I can’t do something..I haven’t done anything but I have the feeling,,I did not tell them but I saw someone when we were there,,I think I was spied on..and they,,they tracked where they are now…baekho confessed…
“why you didn’t told us earlier?! Aron pushed baekho hard..
“try to call them..I will call them…minhyun talked and immediately dialed ren’s number…
Aron switch on his phone since he turned it off when V’s number appeared on his screen a while ago, calling him. As soon as he opened the phone, a message was received from the same number, asking where they at and telling him about what they heard from Mr. Kyu.
“owh ,,I’m so stupid,, why did I reject their calls…aron hit the steering wheel while mumbling it..
“what is it?.. Ren is not answering anymore….minhyun asked and said…
“V was calling while we’re on our way there but I rejected it… they sent me a message too but I didn’t able to read it earlier…its too late,, the message was 4 hours ago..baekho is right..maybe now they were caught…aron announced..
“what? Minhyun can’t believe it..
“let’s go back there….baekho suggested.
“it’s too late. We need to travel for one and a half hours or more, we will not able to see them there anymore since this message was 4 hours ago. I’m sure while we were there they were already on their way…aron calculated and assume it…
“but we didn’t saw anyone..owh gosh,,aron those cars,,the black cars,, those cars blocking our way..
They all think for a while and realize what minhyun is talking about. Three of them followed with silence until aron decided to drive towards jr’s house. They stayed outside, and waited.
Few hours later, the same car they saw were coming. They felt loosing strength because everything was useless, the help they gave just wasted because of their careless plans and moves. They all sighed. Baekho still feel guilty.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chanyeol and the rest reach home. Ren still being stiffened whenever his brother tries to hold him, he continue to cry.
Kyungsoo and the rest who are waiting at the mansion immediately attended the three who just step foot at the living room.
“go to your room ren…you have to rest…baekhyun went to the younger and told him softly…
“hyung,,you know how much I love him,,you know it but you let them parted us… I thought you are different from them,,I thought you can help us!! I hate you!…ren shouted…
“choi minki!!! Chanyeol grab his brother’s arm and try to scold him.
“chanyeol..it’s okay..you can’t blame him…baekhyun stopped his lover from whatever he’s planning to do to the younger..
“I hate both of you, you don’t want me to be happy!, ren shouted even more..I thought you will understand us,,,he said facing baekhyun again…
“that’s enough minki!! Chanyeol gestured to slap the brother when baekyun stop him again..
“go to your room now ren,,baek told, still calm and soft…
“you always take it easy for him,,you always say it’s okay even though he’s taking you for granted…chanyeol said annoyingly..
“but it’s fine..he’s just upset…baekhyun explains…ren go to your room..he told once again..
“you stay little brat,,we need to talk…chanyeol said finger pointing to the younger.
“chanyeol let him rest first…baekhyun meddled again….
“disobey me and you will see..I’ll make sure all your friends will going to be expelled from the university…chanyeol threatened..
“you are so unfair…ren muttered and walked out….
“they tolerate you,,,do you think their parents will be happy knowing about that? Chanyeol shouted…
“that’s enough for today chan. Its not good for you…kai spoke who was backing up behind him.
Ren paused, “you are so childish hyung, don’t involve other people here.”.he gritted and sped up towards his room.
Chanyeol hold his head and fell on the couch, he was feeling unwell since this morning, he was feeling stressed and exhausted still.
“are you alright? Baekhyun asked worriedly..
“you have to rest too…baekhyun is here now,,don’t over think everything…luhan talked..
“help me take him in his room..baek said..luhan hyung please, can you call mom’s nurse? He asked…
“de…..luhan immediately raced to get the nurse..
"sehun, kai please take him upstairs…kyungsoo said…baek let’s talk…he added and pat baek’s shoulder…
Everyone moved. D.O talked to baek about chanyeol. Everyone actually worried for him lately.
“baek, we’re so thankful that you came back..are you staying here for good? Kyungsoo begun the conversation..
“maybe..is chanyeol really fine? Baek replied…
“yeah,,nothing’s wrong aside from the usual examine of the doctor but,,he overworked and over stress himself that’s why he feels really unwell once in a while…he needs you,,,you just stay beside him…D.O stated…
“yeah,,I should,,,baek gave an assurance..
“thanks..we are worried when you left,,and then ren’s issue…anyway…thanks again…
“no need to thank me,,it’s my responsibility..and because I love him…
They followed upstairs. The boys are on the side bed while chanyeol was examine by their home nurse.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Mr. kyu was blowing fire on his ears and shooting sharp glares to his son but he manage to talk calm. Jr was sited on the sofa in front of his father while jin and V who was there all the time are just standing on the corner.
“you’ll stop going to school for a while and focus to the company and to fionna…father said…
“I said I don’t like that !!! Jr yell..
“Jonghyun,,,Jin went to his brother and tried to calm him..
“no!! I am at the right age already and I want to decide for myself..jr continued..
“your future is already decided, you will marry fionna and that’s a command…father raise a bit of his voice..
“abeoji, I’m sorry but I can’t do that…Jr response clenching his fist, he was shaking already but he manage to talk strongly..
“For goodness sake,,,Jr just follow me…obey me for once..I don’t want the past to happen again..at first it’s my best friend, then you’re brother and now you?…
Mr Kyu thought, what if it will happen again. At first, when jin confessed, he told himself, maybe it’s the karma for being hard to accept his best friend’s relationship to the same , now what he hates before is happening to his two sons. He accepted jin’s relationship to V, thinking that he can pay back his being narrow minded about same relationship before. But when Jr confess about his relationship, he thought and ask why? But then he doesn’t want to be harsh again. Questions was brought to mind, what if Jr will commit suicide? What if Jr will be gone for good? What if his son will hate him because of that? What if he’ll going to lose his son?
V was silent in the corner, and thought about what his saeng appa told him. “everyone around us can’t accept our relationship though our families already accepted it including my best friend, but we didn’t give up, we fought for it until they learn to acknowledge us”. He smiled and realize what Mr kyu was talking about. “being in this kind of relationship is not easy, you have to get everyone’s sympathy and compassion, you’re lucky, you and jin didn’t experienced to be hated and you’re relationship was acknowledged that fast“ his joong appa‘s words. Remembering the love story of his parents.
He felt very lucky that they are not experiencing what Jr and ren’s hardships. And didn’t encounter any misunderstanding and confusion of feelings like what his brother baekhyun had with the lover. He sighed and decided to go out and give the family their privacy to talk.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(note: the best friend I am talking here is Kyu’s best friend who is V’s Saeng appa. If you haven’t read it, it was from my story MY BETTER HALF, a story of two male singers, kim hyun joong and heo young saeng, who happened to be fake husbands due to their grandparents will and ended up falling in love, and their relationship was forbid by their agencies. Kim hyun joong under PJM Ent and heo young saeng under his best friend’s company KKJ Ent which is Mr. Kyu‘s company. Some issues and accidents happens but soon in the end both agencies learned to accept them. Then now I used that fact here where hyun joong and young saeng became V’s adopted parents. As I was mentioned , I can’t remember what chapter I mentioned this story, it is V’s adopted parents love story. Anyway don’t be confuse, no need to know that past because the past is not the focus here, just focus on our current character’s story, I just happen to include it since Mr Kyu is bothered about what is happening to his sons, it duplicates what he did before and that makes him worried. Thanks.)