04. New Chapter

Golden Boys

One week later…

 

“Jihoon honey?” Jihoon’s mother carefully opened the door to her son’s bedroom, poking her head in cautiously. The young boy was sitting on the floor, headphones on over a gray beanie as he bobbed his head to the music and finished packing his last suitcase. He glanced up when she came in, pulling his headphones down curiously. “You ready to leave? Is everything packed?”

 

Jihoon nodded and she smiled encouragingly at him. Together the two moved his luggage into the car, just two suitcases and a duffle bag, his guitar and laptop. He didn’t have much to bring so he was packing light. “Are we missing anything?” His mother asked, taking a glance around the room to check if they had forgotten anything. “Remember to tell me if there’s room for your keyboard and I’ll send it to you.”

 

“Yes mom,” Jihoon said, amused. His mother left to get the car ready and he took one last look at the room he had been living in his whole life. It would be weird to be living in another bedroom, in another city. He was going to miss Busan. His gaze stopped on his dresser, mostly bare now. Drawn to it he walked over and opened the top drawer. Lying on some old papers was an innocent looking white envelope with his name written in neat letters on the front. He had left it there for a reason, but…

 

Against his better judgment Jihoon grabbed the letter and stuffed it into his bag, hoping he would forget about it and silently regretting the decision to bring it, before leaving his house for the last time.

 

 

The drive was a quiet one, Jihoon listening to music while his mother listened to an audiobook. His head was resting against the window, eyes fluttering shut. She kept glancing at him out of the corner of her eyes, trying to be inconspicuous.

 

She was worried about her son, but was conflicted, she knew he was growing up and she wanted to give him space. Jihoon had come back home early in the morning about a week ago, holding his phone and an envelope in his hands. When she had joked about him hanging out with his boyfriend again, her son had just shrugged, stuffing the envelope into his pocket and telling her he had left Busan early that morning.

 

After that Jihoon had avoided her, locking himself away in his room and closing himself off. He only came out to eat, and that was just if she reminded him. Whenever she checked in on him he was bent over a textbook, claiming ‘I have to be prepared for my new classes’. She knew her son was studious but he was even neglecting his music, which wasn’t like him.

 

When she had finally confronted him about it, he hadn’t responded well. “Jihoon, you can’t stay in this room forever. I know you’re serious about your studies but you need to take breaks as well. Why don’t you go down to the beach? It’s a lovely day and you won’t get a chance when you get to Seoul.”

 

“I’m fine mom,” Jihoon assured her, even attempting a smile. “I took a look at my schedule and I’m in all advanced classes. They sent me the syllabus for the first few weeks and I want to get ahead.”

 

She crossed her arms over her chest, frowning down at her son. “I know you already finished your homework two weeks ago and your summer readings a month ago. It’s good to be ahead but you can’t keep pushing yourself like this.” When he didn’t respond, she sighed, continuing though this time a bit gentler. “Jihoon, I don’t know what happened with Hoshi but you can’t just keep avoiding life like this-”

 

“I’m fine mom!” Jihoon snapped this time. There was a look of betrayal in his eyes, like she had been the one to hurt him. Huffing in annoyance, he turned away, slamming his door. She sighed, staring at the closed door. She wanted to help, but she couldn’t force him this time. A broken heart needed time to mend.

 

For the rest of his break she had left him alone, giving him space. Gradually he recovered, like she knew he would because he was her strong boy. “Sorry for snapping at you mom,” he had apologized three days later, hugging her from behind.

 

“You’re lucky I like you,” she had grumbled and he laughed. He would be fine.

 

Smiling to herself and wishing her worries away, Jihoon’s mother ruffled his hair at a stop light and let him sleep for the rest of the trip.

 

 

They arrived fairly quickly to the train station and she walked him to the KTX train he would be riding to Seoul. “You have your ticket, right?” She asked.

 

Jihoon nodded, glancing curiously around the station. It would be the first time he would be riding a train, his first time in Seoul as well.

 

“And your school card? Are your uniforms all packed? Do you have enough taxi fare? I gave you thirty dollars but I’m not sure how long the ride to school will be. Do you have those snacks I packed for you? The train will be two hours so you might get hungry. Did I forget to pack you a water bottle?”

 

Jihoon just smiled lightly, nodding to everything his mother said as she rambled nervously, making sure they hadn’t forgotten anything.

 

“Jihoonie.” He glanced at his mother, who was gently gripping his shoulders. He was shocked to see tears forming in the corner of her eyes. “You know I love you, right?”

 

Jihoon softened, words caught in his throat. A wave of guilt hit him, he had been neglecting his mother in the last week when he could have been spending time with her. It wasn’t just his life that was changing, but hers as well. Like a train it hit him that he wouldn’t be seeing her for another four months until winter break. “Of course mom,” he said quietly, voice thick. “I love you too.”

 

She smiled, wiping at her eyes. “I believe you in. You’re going to like it at Pledis and you’re going to have a great semester. Don’t forget to eat your meals and take breaks when you study, go outside and breathe some fresh air and get some sunlight. Balance your time between school and your music, and make sure to join some clubs. Go to all your classes and don’t stay up too late. Don’t get into any fights, use your words. Try to be friendly to your roommate. Call me often but don’t worry about me, I’ve got plenty of help at the restaurant and all the neighbors will be looking after me. Just try to do your best at school and enjoy your time in Seoul. And I know you’re sad, but please don’t be afraid to make friends…”

 

By the end his mother was in tears, shoulders shaking gently as she stared down at her precious only son. Jihoon was pretty close himself, biting his lip to hold back the tears threatening to spill. The guilt was gnawing at his heart, he had been such a horrible son. “I’m sorry mom,” he whispered. She just shook her head, gathering him into her arms. He carefully embraced her back.

 

“No dear, don’t be sorry. I love you and I understand,” she said quietly into his ear, “But you have to promise me something. You can’t let this haunt you forever.”

 

“I promise mom.”

 

She smiled, leaning back to ruffle his hair fondly like when he was a child. Jihoon wiped his eyes before gathering his things. He turned and waved one last time before he boarded the train. It was time to start a new chapter of his life at Pledis High.

 

 

“Hey kid, we’re here.”

 

Jihoon started, blinking away the drowsiness. After he had arrived in Seoul by the train he had hailed a taxi to drive him the rest of the way. He must have fallen asleep on the way there. He rubbed his eyes, stretching to wake himself up as he glanced out the window to look at the view. The busy streets of Seoul had turned into a long winding path surrounded by luscious trees capsuling the paved road like a tunnel. It was quite beautiful, with the sun filtering through the thick foliage and the flowers in full bloom.

 

“How long is this street?” The taxi driver muttered. It was a surprisingly long trip through the woods to the school. Jihoon thought he even saw some trail markers, was the forest really large enough that they could go hiking? Finally the trees began to thin out into a clearing and… Was that a golf course?

 

The taxi driver whistled and Jihoon stared open mouthed as they drove past a full golf course, soccer stadium, and tennis courts. “Wow, I’ve heard a lot about this school but I wasn’t sure if the rumors were true. It really is as huge as they say,” he said and Jihoon just laughed awkwardly.

 

When he had first been offered the scholarship he had done some research about the school. Pledis High was the top high school in South Korea, funded by some of the richest people in the country. It was said where most of the country’s wealthiest families sent their children to be groomed as heirs to take over their family companies. Everyone wanted their children to go there and if they were accepted it meant status and bragging rights. He had even read some of the ridiculous perks they were rumored to have, like an Olympic sized swimming pool and helicopter pad, but he hadn’t thought they had been serious. Honestly it just sounded pretty pretentious to him. Jihoon wasn’t really interested in the perks and had only agreed because their academics were the best in the country and it almost guaranteed him a spot in a good college.

 

Just think of university, Jihoon. You can get through this, Jihoon told himself exasperatedly when he spotted several limos parked outside of the school.

 

“This is as close as I can get you kid,” the taxi driver told him as he helped Jihoon remove his luggage from the trunk.

 

Jihoon bowed, thanking the driver, before he swung his guitar over his shoulder and made his way toward the entrance. The school was surrounded by large brick walls with vines climbing up the walls and there was a large sparkly steel gate in front of the school with the words ‘Pledis High’ formed in swirly letters on the top. Jihoon thought it was a bit overkill.

 

He walked to an electric panel in the wall on one side and pressed a button for the speaker.

 

“If you are a student, please scan your ID. If you wish to speak to an administrator, please press 1.”

 

Jihoon removed his ID from his wallet and held it under the scanner. It blinked red before showing his picture on the screen.

 

“Thank you Lee Jihoon and welcome to Pledis High.” With a screech the gates opened.

 

The campus was just as beautiful as the surrounding land. It was honestly amazing, Jihoon had never seen a school so big! He walked down nicely paved roads with pretty planted flowers and trees, surrounding by grand buildings where classes must be held. The campus was busy for the first day, many students were moving in and meeting up with old friends. He followed the main pathway which split off into different directions, leading to large expensive looking buildings and a long strip of small restaurants in the middle of campus that surrounded what looked to be the cafeteria. Each building had a different colored sign outside the front door, proclaiming which establishment it was.

 

It was nice and all but walking so far just to get to class was going to be annoying. Plus, he was lost.

 

Jihoon started to finally recognize where he was when he saw the balloons. Lined next to each other were three large buildings that must be the dorms for they were covered in balloons and streamers, large posters welcoming back the students.

 

He whistled under his breath when he saw some of the things the students were carrying. Well, not the students actually. Each person seemed to have their own mini armies of hired movers who were currently carrying huge TVs, game systems and large furniture into the buildings. Jihoon was quite sure some of the stuff going into one dorm room was more expensive than his house.

 

Still slightly lost, Jihoon pulled over with his pitifully small amount of things in comparison in front of a group of move in crew. “Excuse me,” Jihoon said, eyeing their matching bright pink polo t-shirts and designer jeans, “Could you help me find my room?”

 

The only male of the group turned around. He was wearing designer shades even though it wasn’t that bright outside and when Jihoon spoke he lowered them onto the bridge of his nose and gave him a scathing stare over his sunglasses. He looked Jihoon up and down, earning a cocked eyebrow from Jihoon himself, before turning to his friends. “Freshman,” he said with a roll of his eyes.

 

Jihoon bristled. He was quite sure move in committee were supposed to be nice, or at least pretend. “I’m not a freshman, I’m a junior,” he snapped indignantly, resisting the urge to stab the kid.

 

The boy raised his eyebrows before giving Jihoon the most judging look he had ever received. “Whatever,” he said with a roll of his eyes before sticking his hand out, expensive watch sparkling on his wrist. “ID.”

 

Jihoon grudgingly pulled out his ID. He regretted asking them for help, he would rather continue being lost.

 

The boy plucked the card from his fingers and glanced at it. “Bronze, room 519.” He handed the card back before waving towards one of the three dorms, the closest one with brick finishing.

 

“Thanks,” Jihoon said, putting as much sarcasm as he could into the words. The boy huffed, ignoring him and turning back to his friends. Jihoon just rolled his eyes when he wasn’t looking and grabbed his suitcase before trudging away. In an attempt to get over the recent annoyance he tried to relish in the view. One good thing about this campus that combat the people (he hoped they all weren’t snobs) was that it was gorgeous.

 

The Bronze Building was a five story dorm with warm brick walls and ivy climbing up the sides. It looked older than the other two buildings, one a blinding white with wide windows and the other a sleek black with sharp angles. Jihoon however liked it, it gave off a cozier feel that made him comfortable and reminded him of home. As he walked through the wide wooden doors he was amazed because rather than a dorm he felt like he was walking into a five star hotel.

 

“You’re kidding me,” Jihoon grumbled to himself as he walked into the first floor, amazed. It was more like the lobby of a hotel than a dorm floor, with wooden floors and fluffy white and red rugs. There was a large seating area off to one side with comfy couches and a huge fire place and pull down movie screen projector where groups of students already occupied the space, saying goodbyes to their families. On the other side was a closed off study area with chairs and desks and a bookshelf lining a whole wall, and beside it a room that held computer desks and up to date technology. At the far end was a complete café where some people were working at and a public kitchen set.

 

No one even seemed fazed by the lavishly decorated dorm. Rich people.

 

There were four elevators and Jihoon grabbed the nearest one, squeezing beside a girl who had three butlers following her and juggling her bags. She didn’t even bat an eye at him, only glancing at him once to make sure he didn’t step on one of her bags. When they reached the fourth floor she spoke something in German to the butlers before they exited.

 

Jihoon got off on the fifth floor himself. Even the hallways were nice. He pulled his measly bags down to the end of the hallway to room 519 and stared at the thick wooden door where his and his roommate’s names were engraved into bronze plaques. Jihoon resisted the urge to sigh and instead pulled out his key.

 

The door slid open easily and Jihoon carefully stepped into the room. “Hello?”

 

Even though the building was nice, Jihoon hadn’t been expecting much from his room but wow. He had heard about college dorms, where two people shared one small room, but this dorm was almost as big as his house. It was more of an apartment than a dorm room. The front door opened into a large lounge with single long window across one side that threw sunlight into the room. There were two large couches in an L formation in front of a wide screen TV that was already attached to numerous game systems under it. Against the left wall was a full kitchen, fully furnished and complete with unnecessary fully stocked fruit bowels. On the other side were two doors which he guessed presumably led to the bedrooms.

 

“Nicer than my house,” Jihoon muttered to himself, impressed. Maybe he could get used to this…

 

“Hello?” Jihoon jumped when a stranger came stumbling out of one of the bedrooms. He looked like he had just woken up, rubbing his eyes and hair slightly mussed, but even then Jihoon noticed how handsome he was. He was tall with dark brown hair and eyes heavily lined in kohl, and was dressed in an oversized sweater, shorts and print socks. Even his voice was deep. “Oh, are you my roommate?”

 

Jihoon immediately bowed, the other returning his action. “Sorry for barging in. Yes, it’s nice to meet you, I’m Lee Jihoon.”

 

The other boy shrugged. “No problem, I probably wouldn’t have woken up if you didn’t.” There was an awkward pause and Jihoon grimaced. The other guy still hadn’t smiled, but at least he was nice. If not for the Pororo socks Jihoon might have thought he was scary. “My name is Jeon Wonwoo. A junior just like you.”

 

Jihoon nodded and the room lapsed back into silence. He slightly cursed himself, he was awkward enough, it didn’t help that his roommate was just as awkward as he was.

 

“Ah…” Wonwoo glanced around the dorm. “Well, this is the life of a Bronze. This is our room,” he gestured vaguely toward the living room, “I brought my TV since I wasn’t sure if you would have one but feel free to use it whenever you want, I also have some video games just make sure the games go into the right case. I can’t really cook so the kitchen’s kind of bare, but if you want we can come up with a grocery list to share. I have a car so just ask if you need me to drive you somewhere.”

 

Jihoon smiled, feeling a bit more comfortable. Wonwoo seemed like a chill guy, maybe this wouldn’t be as bad as he thought. The dark haired boy motioned for him and Jihoon followed him toward the bedrooms. “This is your room,” Wonwoo said, opening the farthest door.

 

It was even bigger than his room back home. Although bare, Jihoon liked it already. The walls were a pale cream, one a wall of bricks, with a large bed pushed against one wall, a wooden desk and dresser on the other side, and a large window that overlooked the campus. There were two doors on one wall, one of which led to a walk in closet and another that showed his own bathroom.

 

“Wow, this is great,” Jihoon said genuinely as he placed his luggage in the middle of the room. He could definitely fit his piano in here, but he wasn’t sure what he was going to do with the rest of the space.

 

“You play guitar?” Wonwoo asked curiously, perched on the bed. Jihoon nodded as he unpacked his guitar on the desk.

 

Jihoon ped one of his luggage’s and started to put his clothes away in the closet. “Yeah, and piano. I was actually planning to bring it over, would you mind?”

 

Wonwoo shook his head. “No, that’s cool. These walls are pretty soundproof.”

 

“Do you play guitar?”

 

“I used to,” Wonwoo said, glancing longingly at the instrument. “I haven’t played in a while though.”

 

Trying to be friendly, Jihoon offered, “Do you have a guitar? If you bring it to the dorm I could help you get back into it.”

 

Wonwoo’s face broke into a smile and Jihoon returned it hesitantly. He had been worried about having a roommate since he had never had one before and wasn’t the best at making friends, but maybe this could work out. “I’d like that! Thanks!”

 

Jihoon just smiled and the two began unpacking the rest of Jihoon’s things, Wonwoo helping him to move the furniture around. They finished quickly, since Jihoon didn’t have too many things, but it felt nice to see his things in his new home.

 

“Have you gotten a tour of campus yet?” Wonwoo asked, handing Jihoon a bottle of water from the refrigerator after they had migrated back to the living room. “It might be a bit difficult to find your classes tomorrow otherwise.”

 

Before Jihoon could respond there was a loud knocking at the door. Wonwoo threw open the door.

 

Standing in the doorway was a tall, preppy looking boy. He had dark cat eyes with rich brown hair curled perfectly at the ends and was dressed neatly in his school uniform with a cardigan over his shoulders. He smiled and Jihoon had to admit he was quite handsome. Was everyone good looking at this school?

 

“Hello Wonwoo,” the stranger said politely.

 

Wonwoo didn’t frown, but he didn’t smile either. “Joshua. I’m guessing you’re here for Jihoon?”

 

Joshua nodded affirmative and finally turned toward Jihoon who in comparison felt a bit like a bum in his jeans and hoodie. “You must be Lee Jihoon.” He was quite polite, not very enthusiastic but nice none the less. “It’s nice to meet you. My name is Hong Joshua and I’m the Student Council President at Pledis High. Gold status and a senior this year. I’m in charge of giving you a tour of campus and to talk to you about your transfer to Pledis.”

 

“Sure, sounds good.” Jihoon glanced at Wonwoo. He guessed he would be getting that tour now. “Sorry about that Wonwoo, I’ll see you later?”

 

Wonwoo smiled at him. “No problem, how about when you’re done you can meet me in the cafeteria for dinner?” He offered. Jihoon nodded and he smiled, “Don’t forget your key,” he reminded before he headed back to his room, probably to sleep.

 

Joshua clapped his hands together, holding a clipboard and looking more like administration than a student. “Great, shall we start?”

 

 

“So, as you should know, Pledis High is the number one high school in South Korea, boasting top academics and extracurricular activities. All of our teachers are previous college professors and our sports coaches are all professionally trained. We have the number one science department in Seoul, as more than half of our students continue for STEM degrees, and we possess the highest statistics for students to be accepted into the SKY colleges. Out math team is number one internationally and our debate team recently visited the president. We also have an impressive performing arts center, with a renowned orchestra and choir, and our dance team performs all over South Korea. Our art club recently collaborated with our photography club and held an art exhibit that garnered interest across the world. But enough about our school’s many achievements, let’s talk about you.”

 

Jihoon smiled awkward as Joshua finished very long speech about the many accomplishments Pledis High had. Well, at least he was spirited.

 

“You’re transferring to Pledis as one of our few scholarship students. Your grades were outstanding, which was why you were accepted into our fine establishment, but because of that you must meet our criteria to maintain your scholarship. As you’ve seen in your schedule, you have to take all advanced core classes and retain an A in each class, as well as have an acceptable attendance. Any marks against you as a student may result in removal of your scholarship or suspension from our school.”

 

Jihoon wasn’t fazed, he wasn’t the type to cause trouble, and he needed this scholarship. He just wanted a quiet two years and to get accepted into a good college. If it meant being holed up in the library for hours on end he would do what he had to do.

 

“May I see your schedule?” Jihoon handed the other the paper, which was unnecessarily laminated. “It looks like you have a class in each building. While our campus may be a bit big, the buildings are divided by subject so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding them. There are five main buildings for classes which surround the cafeteria and the restaurants around it, called the Strip. Going around the circle is the Science Center, which is green, the Math and Business Building is blue, the Language Department is red, History Department is yellow, and the Performing Arts Center is purple. Behind the cafeteria is our main library, which is open 24/7. The gym is the farthest building and contains our Olympic sized swimming pool, and continues outside of the gates where our golf course and sports fields are located.

 

“Now, since I’m sure you’ve read the rule book that you were sent, there are just a few rules you need to be reminded of. Quiet hours and curfew is at 10pm, so you should be inside one of the dorms or the library by then. There should be no students of the opposite inside of dorm rooms past 9pm. If you have a car you have to have it parked in the designated parking spot, and there is to be no limos parked on school grounds for more than two hours. There are no boats allowed in the pool and no pets on campus. The school will also not tolerate any fighting or bullying as we want to promote a safe and including environment on campus.” Joshua then smiled a blinding smile. “Any questions?”

 

“Yeah, where’s the helicopter pad?”

 

Joshua blinked in confusion. “On the top of the Campus Center, but I’m not sure why it would affect you…”

 

Jihoon just laughed awkwardly. He hadn’t been serious but why was he even surprised?

 

The other boy opened his mouth to continue with the tour, probably to tell Jihoon more about their ‘outstanding academics’ but all of a sudden his phone began ringing. Jihoon watched as he unclipped an expensive smart phone from his belt and began speaking quietly. “What? You’re kidding me. I told her she can’t bring her horse. I don’t care if it’s an award winning race horse, there are no pets on campus. We don’t even have anywhere to put it! No, we can’t put it in the hiking trails, students use those. What? No-oh my goodness, I’m coming.” The older boy hung up and inhaled, breathing deeply. He looked annoyed. “I’m sorry Jihoon, but I think I have to end the tour early. There’s something I have to deal with.”

 

 “That’s fine,” Jihoon said. He still wasn’t quite sure how to get around campus but Joshua seemed to have a lot of other things to deal with.

 

“Let me give you my phone number so you can message me if you have any questions,” Joshua offered, taking Jihoon’s phone and programming his number into. He was mumbling under his breath, “I knew she would do this. She called me last week but I already told her no…”

 

“I can give him the rest of the tour, class pres!”

 

Joshua jumped when a student bounded up to them, slinging his arm around the older student’s shoulders and grinning mischievously from ear to ear. He had sharp features with a blinding smile and eyes curved into pleasant crescent moons. His brown hair was messy, his uniform worn hazardously with the top buttons undone and sleeves folded up, tie only half tied and hanging around his neck and had obnoxiously yellow colored sneakers. When Jihoon stared at him in confusion the boy winked in his direction.

 

“No thank you Lee Seokmin,” Joshua said, sending him a dark glare. The dark haired boy didn’t even seem phased.

 

“Aw, come on pres!” Seokmin said, pulling the other boy closer and ruffling his hair obnoxiously. “I’m a great tour guide!”

 

Joshua slipped from his grasp, trying to fix his hair. He looked like he wanted to argue but his phone started ringing again. He sighed, exasperated. “Fine, but you better do it right this time. Be nice to him and none of your stupid tricks. I don’t want this to be a repeat of last time.” They both shared at each other and shuddered in unison. Jihoon wasn’t quite sure he wanted to know.

 

Seokmin just shook his head, grasping at his heart like the thought hurt him. “Never again,” he promised.

 

“Jihoon, call me if anything happens,” Joshua said, giving another warning glare at Seokmin before he answered his phone call and quickly jogged away. “Yes this is Joshua… How many times do I have to tell these people? No pets! Wait, you’re kidding me. He brought an Australian monkey? Yes, of course that counts as a pet! No, he cannot keep it in his dorm room. It is going back to Australia…”

 

Before Jihoon could really grasp just what he was in for, Seokmin had slung his arm around Jihoon’s shoulders, dragging him along the campus. Jihoon flinched, he was never really one for physical touching but that didn’t seem to bother Seokmin who hugged him close like they were old friends.

 

“So you’re Lee Jihoon! It’s nice to meet you kid, you’re going to be glad you met me because I am going to tell you everything you need to know about Pledis High.”

 

“Thanks,” Jihoon said sarcastically. “But Joshua already gave me the tour of campus and was telling me about my classes.”

 

“Class pres is about as interesting as watching paint dry. He might have given you some information you could read about online, but I’m here to tell you the real stuff. Lee Seokmin’s guide on how to survive Pledis High!” He threw his hand out like he could practically see it up in lights.

 

Jihoon just smiled. Maybe if he kept smiling he would go away. “I think I’m good,” he said, but was just ignored.

 

“As I’m sure Josh said, Pledis High is the top school in South Korea. And do you know why?”

 

Just entertain him Jihoon, then you can leave. “Academics?”

 

Seokmin laughed, clapping him hard on the back. “Of course not! Money. Pledis High is divided into three classes, Gold, Silver and Bronze. You’re a Bronze and so am I, and because of that we’re at the bottom of the totem pole. You think it’s random which building you live in? No way, when you enter the school you placed into each level based on how much money your parents have. Nothing is random at Pledis.”

 

Jihoon stared at him. He had to be joking. “You can’t be serious.”

 

“Oh sadly yes I am my little honey flower,” Seokmin drawled and Jihoon gagged in his grasp. “Pledis is a jungle and it’s all about being at the top of the food chain. You want to be popular? Have money. You want to have the nicest stuff? Have money. You want to get all the girls, or boys if you swing that way? Have money. Easy as that. Gold kids get everything while us poor Bronze’s get the leftovers. But enough of the pity party, since we can’t get everything handed to us, we have to get it ourselves.”

 

This guy was crazy, he couldn’t be serious? He knew the students at this school were going to be pretentious and conceited but were the rich really going to be treated better than everyone else? It left a bitter taste in Jihoon’s mouth.

 

“Now, let me give you a little insight into our lovely student body. There are some people you just don’t want to mess with. At Pledis we have what’s called the four Golden Boys. They’re the richest students on campus, not to mention graced with good looks and the most popular boys in the school. Now you better pay attention because this is very important!”

 

Jihoon stared at him but Seokmin was completely serious. What was this, Boys over Flowers?

 

“The first is Choi Seuncheol. He’s the youngest son of Diamond Department Stores and his family owns the biggest mall in Seoul. He’s basically the richest kid on campus. However his older brother is going to inherit the company so he gets to do whatever he wants with unlimited funds. I’m warning you though, watch out for him and avoid him at all costs. He’s a trouble maker and kind of a jerk, and if you mess with him you’ll lose.

 

“Then there’s Yoon Jeonghan, the prince of Pledis. His mother is a world renowned fashion designer and his father owns a chain of clothing stores, Adore Me. He’s a model and the star of the basketball team. Everyone loves him, but he’s kind of conceited. He only ever fraternizes with Golds. Since you’re a Bronze he won’t even look at you. Probably best though, stay away from him unless you want one of his many fangirls ripping out your hair.

 

“You met Hong Joshua. He’s Student Council President and the top student at Pledis. Everyone already knows he’s going to become a surgeon and be accepted into one of the SKY universities. No one really knows what his parents do but they must be super rich because he’s a gold and gets almost whatever he wants. Josh isn’t that bad of a guy but he’s a total goody two shoes. You even mention anything remotely fun around him and he’ll have called security before you can even open your mouth.

 

“And last but definitely not least, Kwon Soonyoung.”

 

(A/N: Hello everyone!

Wow I am updating quickly these days. I'm not quite sure what's come over me, haha xD Anyway, I'm sorry for leaving you at the cliffhanger in the last chapter, but some of your comments were really great! <3 Not much is explained in this chapter but it will be in time! Jihoon has finally arrived in Pledis and he finds out that it's more ridiculous than he ever expected. Can he survive?

And just who is Kwon Soonyoung?

Thanks for reading guys and I will hopefully update soon! We will finally meet the Golden Boys in the next chapter! Love you all and as usual please comment telling me what you think and subscribe! ^^ Also a shout out to all the people who have voted this story up! Thanks so much!)