03. First Kiss

Golden Boys

Chapter three:

 

Hoshi left later that night, laden to the brim with home cooked meals and side dishes for days. “Are you sure you don’t need a ride?” Jihoon asked, concerned. The giant bag was bigger than Younghee.

 

The other boy just grinned brightly over the bag he was juggling. “All good! I only live about fifteen minutes away, and I owe Younghee a walk anyway.” As if agreeing with her owner, the white dog let out a bark and spun around his legs, nearly knocking him over. Jihoon caught his arm to make sure he didn’t fall and gave him a chastising look which he sheepishly returned. “Thank you again for inviting me, Mrs. Lee!”

 

“No problem dear!” Jihoon’s mother couldn’t get the smug smirk off of her face. “Come any time! Someone needs to get Jihoon out of the house.”

 

The pink haired boy just sighed before walking Hoshi to the door, holding it open for him as he carefully slipped on his sneakers. “Breakfast tomorrow?” Hoshi questioned.

 

Their moment (as Jihoon liked to call it) earlier had been broken when his mother called them in for dinner. Jihoon had been worried, wondering if other had wanted some privacy and time alone, but when Hoshi stepped through the door his demeanor had completely changed. He was back to his bright and happy self, joking around during dinner and acting cute towards his mother. However it only made Jihoon concerned. It was like he had slipped on a mask, hiding behind a shield to appear to be someone everyone else wanted him to be.

 

Jihoon wished he realized he didn’t have to. Not with him.

 

“Sure,” Jihoon said, snapping back to the present and forcing a faint smile onto his face.

 

“How about we meet at my place?” Hoshi offered, nudging him with his shoulder.

 

Jihoon grinned beside himself. “As long as there’s coffee,” he teased.

 

“I’ll have a cup waiting.”

 

The pink haired boy just laughed, about to shove him out the door when Hoshi swooped in close and gently touched his lips to his cheek. “Sweet dreams fairy,” he whispered before he whisked out the door, almost tripping on the first step. Jihoon gaped after him, face burning, but before he could react Younghee delivered her own kisses, slobbering all over his face. Jihoon coughed, pushing her off while Hoshi laughed in the background.

 

Jihoon just shook his head, a small fond smile gracing his features as he watched Hoshi jog down the street, turning around to wave goodbye.

 

“Jihoon sweetie, if you’re done gaping like a fish could you please close the door? There’s a draft.”

 

 

Honestly Jihoon wasn’t surprised when he woke up at nine thirty the next day. Three days of waking up before the sun rose was too much to ask for. He wasn’t even quite sure it was humanly possible for him. He did however feel guilty when he realized he was an hour and a half late to when he had promised to meet Hoshi.

 

Staring at the ceiling in dismay, Jihoon ran a frustrated hand through his hair and let out a depressed groan. Way to go Lee Jihoon. The first boy to like you and you can’t even wake up for coffee. Shoving his misery away, Jihoon dragged himself out of bed and threw on the first t-shirt and jeans he saw before struggling out the door.

 

“Bye mom!” He yelled over his shoulder with his phone between his teeth and jacket inside out.

 

Jogging towards the boardwalk, Jihoon checked his messages for the address of Hoshi’s rental, trying to turn his jacket inside out while simultaneously fixing his hair in the reflection of his phone.

 

From: Shining Star

Can’t wait for breakfast this morning! My cappuccino machine is all set and ready~

 

Has my fairy forgotten me? TT^TT

 

LOL, did you sleep in??

 

Jihoon?

 

Resisting the urge to slam his head into a wall, Jihoon double checked the address before switching directions down the walkway. The part of the beach he was getting into was a long strip of extraordinarily expensive beach houses that were rented out during the summer to rich families. As he got closer he finally realized just how much money Hoshi had. He knew the other had some money (it wasn’t that hard to tell) but this was ridiculous. Who needed a six car garage for a beach house?

 

Feeling slightly self-conscious in his worn hoodie and battered sneakers, Jihoon was just about to call Hoshi to ask for directions when he spotted him. He opened his mouth to call out to him when the words died on his lips. The blonde boy was in his usual athletic gear, this time an electric blue, and was speaking to a tall formal looking man in a business suit. He spoke too quietly for Jihoon to hear but the look on his face was intense, with fists clenched by his side and eyes set in a dark glare. It shocked him because Jihoon realized he had never seen Hoshi mad.

 

The man in the suit had seemed to hear enough because he held up his hand, cutting Hoshi off and ignoring the scowl on the boy’s face. He said something final before bowing formally and getting back into an expensive black car, driving away. Jihoon moved to the side of the road as it came roaring past.

 

“Jihoon?”

 

Hoshi was walking towards him, brow furrowed and a look of distress marring his usually bright features. Jihoon suddenly panicked, feeling like he had witnessed something he shouldn’t have. But when he got closer, Hoshi softened, a smile working on his face. “Thought you forgot about me,” he teased lightly. The brightness was coming back, like the sun rising, but Jihoon couldn’t help but notice the exhaustion wearing at the edges.

 

“I am so sorry, I slept in and missed my alarm,” Jihoon apologized. Hoshi nodded. The other boyw as looking at him but Jihoon could tell his mind was elsewhere. The mask was back. Jihoon just wanted to reach up to his face and rub away the worry lines in his forehead and take away the pain, but his hands stayed firmly by his side. There wasn’t anything he could do. Instead, he asked warily, “Are you alright?”

 

The blonde boy worked his face into a smile, though if it was genuine Jihoon couldn’t tell. He wrapped his arm around Jihoon’s shoulder and jokingly tugged him along. “I’m alright! Just some family stuff. It’s personal.”

 

Jihoon nodded, it wasn’t his business. “Are you sure you want to hang out today? I can go home.”

 

“Of course Jihoonie. You’re not working today so it’s just you and me. There isn’t anyone else I would rather spend time with. But… Do you mind if we stay inside today? I’m kind of tired. How about take out and a movie?”

 

“Sure,” Jihoon offered. Anything to make that fake smile go away.

 

 

They ended up staying indoors the whole day, which Jihoon didn’t mind (since he was known to hide in his ‘cave’). He was however surprised that Hoshi was enjoying himself. He wouldn’t have pegged the other to be the type to just enjoy lounging about but Hoshi seemed excited about the prospect. Jihoon was just happy to see his genuine smile return throughout the day.

 

“I don’t really just get to, you know, hang out. This is going to be so much fun!”

 

 

It started with coffee and breakfast. Hoshi proudly showed him the expensive cappuccino maker that came with the house, but neither of them could figure out how to use it.

 

Jihoon gagged, holding the cup away from his body like it was poison. “This is the worst coffee I’ve had in my life.” He liked his coffee black but god.

 

“Mine tastes like water,” Hoshi sniffed, frowning at his cup that was a very clear brown.

 

“Trade you?” Jihoon took a swig from the other boy’s cup before choking once more. Hoshi just dumped his in the sink.

 

 

“How can you literally not have any milk?” Jihoon chastised, trying to find something edible in Hoshi’s kitchen. He had offered to order breakfast but Jihoon had a feeling this was going to become a habit throughout the day, and if he didn’t want to die of eating take out for three meals he was going to have to improvise. It was proving to be very difficult. The kitchen may look huge but it was pathetically bare.

 

Hoshi sat cross legged on the counter, looking chipper as he watched Jihoon scour the kitchen. Younghee was proving to be a big hairy obstacle as he kept tripping over her. “It went bad!”

 

Jihoon pulled out an old container of kimchi that was definitely growing mold. He grimaced and dumped it, container and all. “That doesn’t seem to stop you.”

 

He finally managed to scrounge up some eggs and bread to make omelets and toast. Hoshi attacked the food, eating it like it was a four course meal. Jihoon just stared open mouthed as the boy stuffed a whole piece of bread into his mouth.

 

“We could’ve just eaten the leftovers my mom gave you,” Jihoon said once he had gotten over the horror that was Hoshi eating.

 

But the other boy had protected the food like he would sacrifice his life for it. “How dare you even consider it? That food is for when you’re not here to cook for me!”

 

“How do you even survive on your own?”

 

 

After breakfast they broke out some dusty board games from a closet. It ended up with Jihoon having to give a step by step tutorial on how to play most of them since Hoshi hadn’t played any of the games before.

 

“You’ve never played Life?” Jihoon gasped, like the other had just insulted his families honor.

 

“No?” Hoshi said, embarrassed. He was doing the cute neck scratch thing.

 

“You haven’t lived,” Jihoon said sadly, shaking his head as he set up the board.

 

Jihoon ended up winning but only because Hoshi somehow ended up with eight children (he had to get an extra car) and kept having to pay the tax for them to go to college.

 

“Three more and I can have a soccer team,” Hoshi whispered with determination in his eyes as he spun the spinner.

 

 

Jihoon ended up crushing Hoshi in poker as well, which was the only game he actually knew how to play.

 

“Your poker face ,” Jihoon said as he gathered the large pile of animal crackers he had collected. They were playing on the counter because Younghee kept trying to eat their pieces. The blonde boy’s side was looking quite bare except for two elephants with missing feet and a lion he had named Jackson.

 

Hoshi pouted, chewing on one of his currency. “Honestly, it’s scary how good your poker face is.”

 

Jihoon just nibbled on a seal. “I’ve killed a man for saying that.”

 

“See? You’re so scary!”

 

 

Jihoon wasn’t quite sure how Hoshi got a big sparkly bow and hair ties, but he was not having it. “Hoshi, you are not braiding my hair.”

 

Hoshi already had the mirror and everything set up. He was pouting and Jihoon had to turn away because dammit, he was cute. “But why not? Look, I even have pictures and directions and everything. Google will be my assistant. The pink hair tie even matches your hair! It’s fate. How can you deny fate?”

 

“Like this.” Jihoon picked up the hair tie up and threw it. Younghee went flying after it and Hoshi screamed as he chased after his dog.

 

“You will let me braid you hair!”

 

“Hoshi, I’m not doing it! I will punch you if you touch me… I swear to god-”

 

 

With a flying leap Younghee leapt through the doorway and onto the giant sized king bed, rolling around and throwing pillows off onto the plush rug. Jihoon stood in the doorway, watching as Hoshi flew across the room and belly flopped smack in the middle of the comforter.

 

“This is your room?” Jihoon asked, glancing around and making his way calmly into the bedroom. It had a large ceiling with a balcony and glass windows that overlooked the water. It was quite pretty, but sadly as bare as the rest of the house. There were a few open suitcases lying on the floor with clothes strewn around hazardously which Jihoon carefully stepped over. He gave them a look of distaste. “Are you living out of your suitcases?”

 

Hoshi smiled embarrassingly, lying on the bed in a dramatically romantic fashion with a pencil between his teeth as a makeshift rose. “Unpacking takes way too long,” he countered. Younghee draped herself over his side and tried to take the pencil away from him.

 

Jihoon just responded by kicking a pile of clothes out of his way and sitting on the edge of the bed. He gasped when he saw one of the suitcases as it held the most hideously colored running clothes Jihoon had seen in his life. “How much athletic gear do you own?”

 

“Hey, don’t judge,” Hoshi whined, trying to wrestle the pencil back from his dog. “It’s the most comfortable thing I own. You could literally sleep in it!”

 

“… Please don’t tell me you sleep in your running clothes.”

 

“…”

 

 

Jihoon glanced across the room where Hoshi was sitting upside down on the opposing couch. They had a pile of takeout menus between them. “Are we really ordering cookies for lunch?”

 

Hoshi nodded, looking seriously through a menu that had a giant smiling cookie on the front. Jihoon could almost taste the diabetes. “But I’m getting the mega peanut butter blasts so they have protein!”

 

“How the hell are you so skinny? That cookie will probably weigh as much as you.”

 

Hoshi jumped to his feet, narrowly avoiding hitting his head on the coffee table. “I’ve been doing taekwondo since I was younger,” he bragged, making dramatic poses and showing off his nonexistent biceps.

 

“…I’m pretty sure I could kick your .”

 

“Is that a challenge?”

 

 

It seemed Hoshi did have martial arts training because when they broke into a nurf gun war, the only thing that saved him from the whooping Jihoon was delivering was his incredibly fast reflexes. That didn’t mean he survived in one piece though for in war Jihoon was absolutely ruthless.

 

“Jihoon not the face!” Hoshi yelled, ducking behind the couch as the smaller boy rained down bullets from his double wielded guns on the top floor.

 

“I do not play,” was Jihoon’s only response as he switched guns. However he soon ran out of ammo from his attack so he sprinted down the stairs to grab the extra pack of foam bullets on the counter. Before he could reach the table Hoshi tackled him sending the two rolling to the ground.

 

“Give up!” Hoshi huffed, struggling to hold down a squirming Jihoon who was poking him in his rib cage.

 

Jihoon squeezed Hoshi’s side, laughing when the other boy retaliated and tickled his stomach. “Never!” He responded dramatically.

 

Hoshi grabbed the shorter boy’s arms before capturing his arms over his head. He grabbed his gun and put it against Jihoon’s forehead like they were in a spy movie. “Ah ha! I’ve caught you now. Any last words?”

 

It took a moment for Jihoon to realize the embarrassing position they were in, with Hoshi kneeling on his chest and his hands pinned above his head. He spluttered, blushing bright red. Hoshi blinked down at him in innocent confusion before realization dawned on him as well. A teasing smile worked its way onto his face and he leaned forward, coming dangerously close.

 

“I guess I’ve got my little assassin in a precarious situation-”

 

“Delivery!”

 

“I’ve got it!” Jihoon shoved Hoshi off of him, the other boy groaning and falling to the ground when Jihoon kneed him in the abdomen. He practically flew to the door and threw it open. He fanned his face, hoping he wasn’t blushing too much. “Thanks,” he said, handing over the money.

 

The delivery man handed him the box of cookies before taking a glance at Jihoon and snickering. He stared at him in confusion. “Nice hair,” he said before taking the money and waving goodbye.

 

Jihoon paused until he caught his reflection in the windows. His pink hair was in a bunch of small braids tied together with matching small pink sparkly bows. This was not worth the vicious punch he had delivered to Hoshi’s side in exchange. He flushed a brighter crimson than it already was and slammed the door closed. “I hate you!” He grumbled as he started yanking the braids out.

 

“You love me!”

 

 

Jihoon was splayed out in a deck chair on the balcony, the sun warming his skin and the sound of the ocean in the background. He could almost fall asleep like this…

 

“Who do you think would win in a fight; Toph or Naruto?”

 

Jihoon didn’t even need to look up to feel Hoshi move into his direct line of sunlight. Younghee was passed out sunbathing in the corner. “That’s not even a question. Toph could kick Naruto’s .”

 

He heard Hoshi groan. “Yeah but what about all the clones? He could completely overpower her. He could even like, just crush her in clones!”

 

Jihoon took off his sunglasses and leveled a stare at him. “She doesn’t even need to see to kick his scrawny .”

 

Hoshi gasped, grabbing at his shirt like he was having chest pains. “You did not just call Naruto’s scrawny!”

 

“Have you seen it?”

 

 

“Did we really just watch six episodes of Avatar the Last Airbender in a row?”

 

“I regret nothing.”

 

“… By the way, who even has a TV on their balcony?”

 

 

Hoshi jumped around the living room, trying to figure out how to use the big screen smart TVs Youtube app. “I’ve got to show you this performance. So our last gig for my dance team was at the schools 30th anniversary, and it was in front of the whole student body and all these benefactors-”

 

“You did not perform in front of four thousand people,” Jihoon said disbelievingly from where he was perched on the couch.

 

“No seriously, I did! There was even fireworks and smoke, it was awesome. My school’s dance team is the best. And I’m the captain, which make me the best.”

 

Jihoon just shook his head, munching on the chips he had found (it wasn’t a surprise Hoshi only owned unhealthy snacks). “I still can’t believe you can actually dance.”

 

Hoshi threw down the remote control and made a dramatic turn. He rolled up his sleeves and grinned. “Wanna bet?”

 

 

“Why do I have to be the girl?” Jihoon frowned as Hoshi showed him the moves for a tango. When he had said dancing Jihoon hadn’t really expected a couple dance. Younghee was being incredibly unhelpful as she kept tripping them.

 

However Hoshi seemed to be enjoying it. “Because you’re my short little fairy.”

 

Jihoon found himself suddenly unable to control his feet.

 

“Jihoon, stop stepping on my feet I know you’re doing it on purpose.”

 

“Oh no, I such a klutz,” Jihoon said, enunciating each word with a kick to the shin.

 

When Hoshi did end up showing his dancing (he danced to Chris Brown, his weakness), Jihoon distracted himself by petting Younghee because he may or may not have swooned a little bit and no one needed to know that.

 

 

Hoshi lay splayed out on the couch, taking up Jihoon’s precious leg space who was huddled in the corner under a blanket. He looked absolutely fluffy. “Jihoon, I’m hungry,” he whined. Younghee, from her spot on her giant pillow bed, whined as well.

 

Jihoon didn’t even look up from the magazine he was browsing. “You just ate six cookies what are you talking about.”

 

Hoshi groaned, sprawling onto Jihoon’s legs just to annoy him further. “But that was for lunch!”

 

“It was like two hours ago.”

 

The blonde carefully scooched closer to the other. He had the pout and puppy dog eyes combination going. “Make me food.”

 

Jihoon glared at him over his magazine. “I’m pretty sure you don’t even have enough food to make something to edible in your kitchen.”

 

“Then let’s order, my treat!”

 

Jihoon threw down his magazine, jumping towards the other as he reached for the phone, his favorite restaurant on speed dial. “I swear to god if you buy another cookie-”

 

“But there’s so much protein!”

 

 

“When do you think you’re going back?”

 

“… Uh, a few days I think.”

 

“Cool. Want to watch a movie?”

 

 

“Hans’ is such a little . I mean, he was literally willing to kill Elsa and Anna just so that he could rule a kingdom. He was going to let her freeze to death! And then he was going to slice off Elsa’s head! You know, Disney’s pretty morbid.”

 

Hoshi reached over to grab some of the popcorn Jihoon had huddled in his lap. He kept his eyes fixed on the movie. “I mean, Hans did end up helping them. Elsa was a kind of ty leader before she figured out how to control her cool ice powers.”

 

“Ice powers would be awesome,” Jihoon muttered as he stuffed his face with popcorn.

 

“I hear an X-men marathon coming up.”

 

 

Jihoon could feel himself drifting. They were on the third X-men movie and while he loved Wolverine his head just kept bobbing forward. It didn’t help that they had ordered Chinese and he was currently in a food coma. And how incredibly comfortable he was nestled in the corner of the couch with the blanket snuggled around him. Why did Hoshi have to have such comfortable couches? The other boy had joined him, moving from his spot with his stinky feet in his lap to sitting next to him, offering his shoulder with a cheesy wink. Jihoon had just pinched him in the side in response.

 

“Hoshi, I have to go home,” Jihoon mumbled tiredly, snuggling deeper into his blanket cocoon. The only thing keeping him awake was that had to keep pushing Hoshi away to keep him from leaning on his shoulder.

 

“But we haven’t even seen Jean Grey die yet!”

 

“…You’re lucky I’ve seen this movie already otherwise I would have killed you for spoiling the ending.”

 

Hoshi smiled sheepishly at him over the blankets. “Oops?”

 

Jihoon swatted him away when he tried to pull at his cocoon. “Seriously though, it’s almost ten. I have to go home.”

 

Hoshi merely responded by completely flopping his whole weight onto the smaller boy. Younghee barked, jumping up from her spot and joining in.

 

“Crushing. Me.”

 

Hoshi sighed but got off of him, followed by Younghee who trotted up the stairs for the night and Jihoon who sat up, still bundled in his blanket. He at least looked apologetic.

 

“You could stay the night,” Hoshi offered.

 

Jihoon only snorted before walking to the front door to where his coat was, his blanket burrito still wrapped around him. It wasn’t that he wanted to leave, because he had really enjoyed the day, but he needed to go to bed and they always had tomorrow. With a smile Hoshi followed, grabbing his own jacket and keys. “I’ll walk you back.”

 

 

Even though it was late and they should probably stay quiet to not wake up the neighbors, they ended up having a large scale argument of which Harry Potter house would be the best house to be in.

 

“Obviously Gryffindor,” Hoshi argued, “They get all the good stuff! I mean, can you imagine being in Gryffindor after Harry Potter defeated Voldemort?”

 

“Okay, yeah, but Gryffindor’s are idiots. If Harry didn’t have Hermionie he would’ve died in the first movie, and then none of the whole chosen one would have happened. Bravery without brains is only going to get you killed.”

 

Hoshi mockingly bowed, dancing around him. “Oh yeah, oh so brilliant wizard? And what house would you be in?”

 

Jihoon shrugged, considering the question. “Ravenclaw? Slytherin?”

 

Hoshi gasped. “You’re evil?”

 

“Hey, watch it lion head. Not all Slytherin’s are evil. They’re cunning and resourceful. They won’t blindly go into a fight they know they’ll lose. They weigh their pros and cons and act accordingly.”

 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over all the evil snake hisses!”

 

 

Jihoon was almost disappointed when he realized how close they lived because he arrived sooner than he expected (and wanted, though he wouldn’t admit that). Without thinking he had unconsciously slowed down his pace once his house came into sight.

 

“Sorry for not feeling up to going outside Jihoonie,” Hoshi apologized, hands stuffed into his sweatshirt. He was bundled up in his coat but he seemed much more relaxed than the morning, comfortable and shining as bright as always. If there was one thing Jihoon was proud of that day, it was that the mask was gone.

 

“No problem,” Jihoon smiled, “Actually, I really liked it. It’s nice to just laze around and hang out with someone.”

 

Hoshi reached out to grab Jihoon’s hand, swinging it between them. Jihoon could only stare at his feet, blushing. “I really liked it too,” he said, “I don’t really get a lot of free time. Too many responsibilities you know? But this was fun.”

 

“We should do it again,” Jihoon offered. However Hoshi paused, their hands falling limp between them. Jihoon back peddled, blinking rapidly. “But we should travel around Busan some more as well. There’s a bunch of places you haven’t seen you. I can show you this cool hiking trail, and there’s some awesome places by the water that you have to see.”

 

Hoshi nodded his head, glancing away. Jihoon could feel the panic rising in his throat. The mask was coming back. “Yeah, that would be great.”

 

He didn’t know what he had done wrong. Jihoon hesitantly stopped in front of his house, the lamp light illuminating their figures in the night. His mouth felt dry and as much as Jihoon wanted to say something he wasn’t sure what to say. He had been doing so well… “Uh, I guess this is good night.”

 

There was an awkward silence. Jihoon had never had such a bad pause between them. He wanted to rip it out of the air and fill it with their laughter from before. At a loss, Jihoon turned to open the door but Hoshi tightened his grip on his hand and pulled him back.

 

“Hey, wait. Um. I just wanted to say… I had a really fun day,” Hoshi said quietly, staring down at their interlocked hands. “Like I said before, I’ve never had the chance to just do fun things with a friend, and I’m really glad that person was you.”

 

Jihoon was quite sure he was sweating. “Um, yeah, same with you. I had a lot of fun. The most fun I’ve had in a long time actually… I hope everything’s alright,” he added quietly.

 

Hoshi just nodded. “It will be.” He smiled and it was genuine. “You’re such a great friend Jihoon.”

 

He could only respond by giving their interlocked hands a small squeeze. “Nah, not really. I’m not very good at this friend stuff. Sorry I hit you all day.”

 

Hoshi laughed, brightening. His eyes practically sparkled like the stars. “I have realized it is a sign of your affection, so I will wear my bruises with pride.” His flirtatious behavior never disappeared, but Jihoon couldn’t help but notice the playful attitude had somehow turned into fond affection. If he was surprised about Hoshi’s feelings, he was even more surprised by his own. He had never thought he like someone so quickly. He was attracted like a moth to a flame, and he was falling fast.

 

“Bye Jihoon,” Hoshi said quietly, letting Jihoon’s hand slip from his.

 

Jihoon smiled lightly in response, opening his front door. “Don’t be so dramatic. Breakfast tomorrow? I really want to show you that cave near the beach.”

 

Hoshi just nodded. Jihoon turned back once more to say goodbye but before he could Hoshi surged forward, grabbing him around the waist and pulling him close. Their faces were only a few inches away and Jihoon could count every eyelash as he stared into his eyes that reflected the stars.

 

Before Jihoon could splutter out something embarrassing, Hoshi leaned forward and quickly touched their lips. It was a quick kiss, over before Jihoon could really comprehend what was happening, but a kiss none the less, and Jihoon’s first. Hoshi jumped away, his own face flushed but a fond smile quirking at his lips. Jihoon felt slightly faint.

 

“Bye fairy!” Hoshi yelled, the brightest smile on his face as he raced down the street, blowing him kisses over his shoulder.

 

Jihoon stared after him after he had long gone, touching his lips and wondering if he was dreaming.

 

 

From: Shining Star

I miss you! TT^TT

 

Jihoon was curled up in bed, strumming his guitar absentmindedly and staring into his space. He was still not quite sure he was awake, he felt like his head was fuzzy and everything was tinted pink. He couldn’t believe Hoshi had kissed him. He had been thinking that the other boy just wanted to be friends, but the kiss had completely thrown him for a loop. It was his first kiss too. Who knew love could be so confusing.

 

To: Shining Star

I saw you an hour ago. Go to bed!!

 

From: Shining Star

An hour too long without my Jihoonie D:

You go to bed!!

 

Jihoon put his guitar away and snuggled under his covers, tucking them beneath his chin as he stared at his phone.

 

To: Shining Star

I’m trying to, but some annoying person is bothering me.

 

From: Shining Star

Tell me who it is, I’ll beat him up >:(

 

Jihoon smiled and stifled a yawn into his covers.

 

To: Shining Star

He’s this tall annoying guy who keeps texting me in the middle of the night. He has blonde hair and wears horribly colored running clothes and has a black hole for a stomach.

 

From: Shining Star

He sounds too cool, I might not be able to take him.

 

Jihoon chuckled. He fell asleep bickering, his eyes closing on their own accord and his phone falling from limp fingers. He dreamt of stars.

 

 

Jihoon awoke the next morning with his alarm blaring somewhere in his bed. He confusedly grappled for his phone, finding it in tangled in his covers. He rubbed at his eyes, staring at the dying screen. He must have fallen asleep in the middle of texting Hoshi. He checked the last messages.

 

From: Shining Star

Did my Jihoonie fall asleep? Finally.

 

Sweet dreams fairy.

 

Jihoon smiled at the last text before sending back a quick good morning response. He felt bad for falling asleep but it was the other boy’s fault for exhausting him the whole day. He showered and changed, sending a message while he brushed his teeth that he would be over in fifteen so they could get breakfast. Jihoon already had the whole day planned out, he wanted to show him some of his favorite spots in Busan since the other hadn’t gotten a real tour yet.

 

Almost skipping down the boardwalk, he couldn’t help but appreciate the weather. It was such a perfect day; the sun was shining, the birds were singing, it wasn’t sweltering hot and not too cold. Jihoon even whistled.

 

When he knocked on the door to the rental Jihoon expected someone to come running to the door. But there was no answer. There was no, ‘good morning fairy’, no barking, no response. Just silence. Jihoon waited a few moments before knocking again, a frown on his face.

 

When there was still no answer, Jihoon pulled out his phone to text Hoshi he was there and ask if he was out. He wasn’t at his house. Was he alright? Had he made it home safely the night before? Where was Younghee? After waiting a few moments Jihoon dialed his number.

 

“I’m sorry, the phone number you have called has been disconnected. Please try again later.”

 

(A/N: Hello everyone! :)

Thank you so much for the lovely comments >W< And I've reached 140 subscribers! Seventeen fans are the best!

I hope you enjoyed this fluffy chapter because it was super fun to write (let's be honest, I am Jihoon). Sorry about the cliffhanger, but there are going to be a lot of them xD Jihoon starts school in the next chapter so the plot will really begin!

Also, omo~ They had their first kiss. Hoshi you sly dog~

As always, please leave me a comment telling me what you think and subscribe! School is rough but I'm very thankful you guys understand. Fighting~!)