Perfect Moment!

Out Of The Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
SUPPANAD’S HOUSE (Earlier)

 

Tina was woken up early morning by her phone vibrating beside her, she sluggishly picked it up. A slow smile worked its way across her face and into her eyes when she saw the caller ID and began to talk with excitement in her voice.

Tina: “Hey beautiful, good morning!”

Aom: “Good morning too handsome (chuckles)

Tina: “Excited to go back to work?”

Aom: “Yeah, but a little sad to leave home.”

Tina: “Oh, what time will you leave?”

Aom: “Minutes from now, I’m at the garden swing, just savouring the moment of being with these lovely flowers—I’m sorry did I wake you?” She asked as she heard Tina yawned.

Tina: “Yeah…Still in bed, too lazy to get up. Did you have your breakfast already baby?”

Aom: “Yup, uhm get up now lazy bones, go get prepare yourself a breakfast,”

Tina: “Later boss, I didn’t get enough sleep—“

Aom: “Why?”

Tina: “Because a girl I kissed last night never left my mind”

Aom: She blushed smiling. “Sure I was the only one you kissed last night?”

Tina: “No silly but you’re the first” She said jokingly. There was a pause as Aom pursed her lips. “I’m kidding baby, of course you’re the only one I kissed last night, and I will surely kiss again and again and again because you’re my girlfriend and I love you.”

Aom: The smile came back  to her lips again. “I will hold on to that”

Tina: “You should, babe I miss you already”

Aom: “I miss you too, we’ll see each other tomorrow right?”

Tina: “Yeah of course,” She replied smiling”

Aom: “Boo I have to go now you should get up and grab something to eat okay?”

Tina: “Yes I will boo, thank you. Do me a favour, just please drive safely and call me when you get there okay?”

Aom: “I will baby, I love you,” She whispered.

Tina: “What’s that again?” She teased.

Aom: She hissed. “Don’t make me say it again, I have to go—“

Tina: (laughs) “Just kidding boo…Alright I love you more, bye.”

~~~~~

 

The kitchen was busy, smoky, there were sound of clinking glass, and frying were totally noticeable. Tina with toque on her head came out smiling broadly towards her parents who gave each other’s puzzled look.

“Breakfast is ready!” She uttered playfully as she served them plates with foods of different kinds. Her parents tried their best to suppress their confusion, eyes wondered while they observed her.

“Since when did you learn how to cook?” Leon asked with amazed expression.

“Our chef had the patience to assist me,” Tina replied.

“Darling I’m proud of you, I actually like the new you, “Faye observed.

“What’s the new me mom?” She asked smiling.

“Livelier, jolly, twinkly and staying at home more often,” Faye replied. “I tell you what, whoever that’s behind this great change in your heart, I will welcome her with all my heart, right hon?”

“Of course! She’s able to make you the best of who you are today, I bet she’s something else. He said and turned to Tina grinning. “Why don’t you bring here her tiger? I want to thank her for this,” He said proudly as he ate his meal hungrily.

“Easy honey, you might choke.” Faye warned.

“Honey its Tina’s cooking” He uttered as he savoured the chicken curry on his plate. They all laughed at him as Tina pulled a chair to join them and lifted the toque off her head.

“Soon dad, you’ll meet her,” She mumbles as she sighed in excitement.

~~~~~

Aom was surprised to see Mike around as she accepted the flowers he offered while gazing down at him with a gentle smile.

“Thank you,” She said while he raised to his feet.

“I’m sorry,” He whispered. “Can we talk?”

“Give me a moment,” She replied and gestured to one of the staff organizers to give her the microphone. “Everyone…I really appreciate this surprise treat that you heartily prepared for me, it is really special. I’m really touched, thank you from the bottom of my heart.”

“It’s Mike’s idea!” One of the staff shouted and there was a great applause from everyone.

“Thank you guys! This wouldn’t work without your help,” Mike thanked the staff.  After following handshakes, greetings, and pats-on-the-back everyone retreated back to work and to their respective rooms especially guests and fans while Mike followed Aom to her office in her suite. She was busy checking up on her email on the computer as she kept on glancing at him wondering what to say.

“Aom I’m sorry, I—I didn’t mean to, I was just protecting you,” He pleaded with his solid eyes.

“Aom turned to him and sighed. “Apology accepted,” She replied and forced a smile to hide her guilt from keeping him the truth. He held her hands and guided it to his chest.

“Yesterday I was at the ‘press con’ and someone asked me about my inspiration and I said I have one really special. I didn’t tell them your name or anything about you but I proudly said that a girl now owns my heart, and I’m willing to wait for her no matter what.’

Aom swallowed a lump on as she searched for the right words to say and finally able to utter. “Mike…You don’t have to wait for me, you don’t have to do this,” She slowly pulled her hands from him

“I remember you, giving me a chance, look I understand how you feel but it won’t change a single thing. Why? Is it Tina?” He asked with a little pinch his eyes.

“No I’m just not ready for a commitment --” She lied not meeting his gaze while Mike gently pressed her cheeks and smiled.

“I insist, I will wait until you’re ready,” She leaned forward to kiss her forehead. “I have to go now, I need to rehearse for my upcoming concert, take care. I’ll be back tomorrow, bye for now,” He bid goodbye while he strolled to the doorway where he met Nam who were grinning at him.

“The sun is shining as well as the necklace you’re wearing!” Nam teased with a pile of papers in her hands. Aom suddenly looked at the necklace while she smiling faintly back to her. “The necklace of a forbidden love.”

“Rude,” She replied without looking at her.

“Don’t tell me...  Aom …You and Tina are—?” She stuttered as she clamped a hand over with great surprise.

“Sshh! Lower your voice Nam,” She grumbles and let out a deep breath as she stood up and held her best friends hands. “I trust you okay? You’re my best friend and I love you—“

“Just cut the chase sissy, I know that already. Are you and Tina...Already? Tell me!” She waited impatiently.

“Yes! We are! W—we’re together already.” She admitted and sighed.

“Aey! Yeah? Really?!” Nam giggles still clamping her hands to .

“What? I know what you mean—“Aom pouted her lips.

“Shut up sissy, I’m just excited over the thought of you and boss as a couple!”

“Sissy, you can’t tell anyone just yet,”

“And Mike? When do you plan to tell him the truth?” Nam folded her arms.

“I honestly don’t know, I don’t want to hurt him Nam and my parents as well,” She answered, frowning.

Nam sighed because it bothers her to see her bestfriend confused with her emotions. “My dear, you’re already hurting him by hiding the truth,”

Aom sat down worriedly. “I love her Nam, I don’t know about other things but I’m sure about one, I have never loved like this before.”

“Now you’re talking, sure thing baby, you can trust me but how about your parents?” Nam asked.

“We’re in this together, we need more time because obviously, I can’t tell them now otherwise they’ll freak out,” She answered as she bit her lips. “Someday, when I’m ready.”

“Don’t worry about it too much, r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter