Fight Night!

Out Of The Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~

 

Aom gasped in shock when she heard the familiar voice from behind and for a second she closed her eyes and wished it was not real.

“Aom!” She heard it again this time Tina turned without letting go and so did she. They saw Mike across the street walking towards as Tina felt Aom pulled her hand away quickly. Aom felt her heart sank when she met his gaze wandered over her face, down to the doll she was holding and coming back to her eyes before turning to Tina. The tom secretly swallowed a lump from sensing his confusion.

 

“What are you two doing here?,” He demanded, faint smile touching the corners of his mouth. “Doing business?” He added.

“Y----Yeah… It’s was very important so we had to meet.” Tina mumbles.

“Hello Mike…” Aom uttered keeping her voice lightly as Mike went near her.

“Hey princess, how are you? I was on my way to your house...Good thing I saw you here,” He answered as he quickly glanced at Tina.

“Oh,” Aom mumbles. “We’re at the restaurant and I’m going home anyway so..I guess I’ll see you there?”

“Sure,” He answered.

Aom walked around and she put ‘Boo-Boo’ in her car beside the driver seat while Mike stayed still standing beside Tina.

“You like her,” Mike asked, his solemn face roved over Tina’s face.

“Bro...I...um…”

“I thought you like Mean?” Mike grins.

“Ye—Yeah I do but----“They turned when Aom honked the car horn. Tina sighed in relief. “Saved by the bell,” She said in her thoughts.

“I hope we can talk soon bro.” Mike patted her back gently as Tina nods and smiled at him. Aom rolled down her car window, gentle smile lit up her pretty face as she waved at her and silently uttered the word ‘bye’. Tina smiled and waved back to both of them as they drove slowly away from her sight. Tina released a deep breath. “I think I’m going to have a heart attack.” She told herself.

 

 

Nam glared outside the restaurant when she heard the sound of the car pulled. She was surprised to see Mike with Aom and the doll she was holding. Confused she greeted him warmly and stared at Aom with doubtful expression.

 

“Hello Mike, nice to see you again Papa,” Nam .

“Hi...You look more beautiful,” He replied.

“I know right.” Nam answered forcing a smile while pinching Aom’s back lightly who was beside her pursing her lips.

“Mike?” So you two meet outside?” Arnold greeted him cheerfully. Mike immediately glanced at Aom sensing her uneasiness and back to Arnold. 

“Yes, we had a little chat, I missed her so I…bought her a doll for her to remember me always,” He lied without looking back at her.

“Ooh, how sweet of you...” Linda agreed. “See Aom? Mike is really thoughtful don’t you think?

“Honey more guest are coming we should get back” Arnold reminded her.

“Oh well make yourself comfortable son, Aom take care of Mike please.”

Mike chuckles. “Don’t worry Auntie I’ll be fine thank you,”

“Gotta go to, call me when you need me.” Nam winked at Aom and went her way to the kitchen.

“Mind if we talk?” Mike asked, his voice levelled with no hint of humor.

“Sure, let’s sit here.” Aom mumbles while she placed the doll on top of the table. Mike looked at her as if sensing her thought which made her smile unnaturally.

“I...um.. I want to say thank you for what you did.” Aom said as she stared down.

“Is she courting you?”

“She’s just my boss Mike,” She lied as she gathered more strength to hide the truth.

“I can tell she likes you and the heart-shaped doll?” He pointed out and reaches out for her hand. “It's okay, I won’t tell your parents, just be honest please?”

Aom sighed as she struggled for words. “Yes, she is..courting me too.” She said the only words she can utter and wished to take them back in . Aom saw his expression went from gentle to confusion and his lips spread in to a grim line.

“Since when?” He asked wistfully.

“Mike I’m really sorry...”

“No you shouldn’t be.” He grins. “It’s not on you, I was..just upset because she’s my friend now and she knows that I’m courting you so---“

“I didn’t tell you because my parents would freak out—“

“Do you like her?” He asked waiting for her answer.

A cold feeling clutched at Aom’s heart as she looked at him straight in his eyes. “I...Honestly don’t know…”

“Sure you don’t.” He murmured in discontent. “Anyway can I take you out for dinner later? Since you’re going back to work soon---“

“Sure.. pick me up at 8 okay? Thank you Mike I appreciate it.” She smiled at him as they stood.

The smile warmth his eyes and he patted her head twice lightly. “Welcome princess, just tell your parents I went home, I don’t want to disturb them.”

“Yes I will, take care.” She waved at him and watch him drove away.

 

 

“Hey, beautiful come here at the office we’ll talk.” Nam demanded, Aom pouted her lips and grabbed ‘Boo-Boo’ out from her best friend’s embrace.

“Harsh.” Nam laughs as she followed her inside.

“Okay sit your down my dear.” Nam teased as she guided Aom to a chair while she crossed her arms standing looking intently to her. “What was he doing here? A doll? Where is Tina?”

“Lower your voice for sis, folks might hear us.”

“Answer my question love.”

“Is this an interrogation? You’re making me feel----“

“Aom really I’m serious.” Nam stared at her with humourless expression.

“I was with Tina; she surprised me with bunch of flowers, this doll and this necklace.” She pulled out the necklace from her pocket and showed it to Nam whose eyes sparkled when she saw it shining.

“Wait what? You accepted it? So you mean you like her?” She grabbed the necklace. “This is insane, it’s expensive.”

“She said to wear it when I get to choose her.”

“And if not?

“I will surely return it to her.” She answered as she put it back to her pocket.

“She really is sweet don’t you think?” Nam giggles. “So I heard you have a date tonight?”

“It’s not a date,” Aom hissed.

“Whatever I’ll jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter