♛ 5th Drop of Blood ♛

Dolls: Bloodthirst

"Mummy!" A little girl ran up with slight difficulty to a grown female who was standing by the side of small but cozy wood cabin. The little girl looked about three years of age, her petite hands holding onto a bunch of flowers that she had just picked from around the cabin. She presented the flower bouquet to the older female, removing one lone blue flora from the bunch to place it on top of her mother's ear, "There, mommy is pretty too~"

 

The older female chuckled at the cuteness of her own daughter, bending down to swipe the girl's shoulder-lengthed hair behind the latter's ears. She placed a soft kiss on her daughter's forehead, hands reaching out to carry the girl in her arms as she straighten her back and stood up, "Thank you, my little darling. Should mommy make our baby beautiful too?" The girl giggled loudly, bobbing her head up and down. The woman took a flower, a pink one this time, from the bunch that her daughter was holding onto, placing it on the younger's ear like how the latter did for her. The two giggled together as they stepped into the wooden cabin, surprising the man who had been in the cabin from the start with their laughter. The woman whispered something into her daughter's ears, eyeing the man at the same time as the girl nodded excitedly, pulling yet another flower out from the bunch of flowers. The girl was placed on the floor in the next second, launching herself at the man, screaming, "Daddy! You have to be beautiful too!"

 

The man bent down straight away to catch the speedy little girl, carrying her as he willingly let the latter place a flower by his ear like how his wife and daughter wore theirs. The woman joined the cuddling two, laughing heartedly as the family of three rested on a sofa found in the living room of the wooden cabin. The wooden cabin had been their house for the past months, ever since the first wave of attacks from some unknown party had found its way to their original home. Luckily, not many of their clan people were injured or sacrificed, with the two of them having used most of their strength to protect everyone from any damage in their midst of escaping. They had to take care and protect their own people, after all, they were the leaders of their clan, who else would do their job if they had not? They had quickly found refuge in a deserted forest which was large enough to give a proper space for each household to settle in comfortably. The forest had too, an abundant amount of prey they could feed on, providing yet another reason for them to settle there for the time being.

 

Apart from getting every one of their people's lives back on track, the man had spared time to investigate the unknown force that had attacked them earlier. It was definitely more than just a simple human attack, their attackers had seemed too trained and familiar with the way of killing or harming vampires. In fact, it was such a well made plan that he had started to suspect it was an inside job from a fellow vampire, there were not much possible suspects anyway. His best friend's clan was eliminated straight away, that clan too, had experienced an attack of their own and were currently taking refuge in another continent, they had both agreed that they should separate as far as they could if their suspicions were true, that the opposite party's goal was to eliminate the vampire clans. Nevertheless, it was something that he needed the truth of as soon as possible, so as to protect everyone he cared of - his people and more importantly, his family. He had swore to let no one could touch a single strand of hair of them, and he was ready to fulfill that promise he made to himself.

 

The man shook those thoughts away, he needed to focus and enjoy his bonding time with his family right then. The three huddled together, laughters erupting from the wooden cabin so often and loud and almost everyone near them could hear them. A knock on the door came to disturb the family time, and instead of being angry like what many people would be, the woman stood up with a smile still on her face, opening door happily as she let her best friend's family into the cabin. A couple walked in, slightly embarrassed for disturbing the family as a small boy who seemed to be a few years older than the little girl trailed into the cabin happily behind his parents, eager to see his younger friend whom he had learnt to treat as a younger sister. The little girl screamed, happily clapping her hands at the sight of the boy, running to the latter, "Hannie oppa! [Oppa is a term addressed by younger females to older males, it can also be addressed to a boyfriend.]" And the two's parents smiled happily and contented at the two kids playing.

 

~~

 

"Cheol-ah..." Jeonghan sat up suddenly, waking from her sleep, alerting her mate that was right next to her as she broke into tears, mumbling, "I'm sure it's her... I'm so sure..." The girl's mate, or Seungcheol to be exact, sat up straight away, his hand patting his mate on her back slowly in an attempt to calm the girl down as he embraced the girl. It was normal for the two to sleep together, in either one of their rooms in the shared house their group had. In fact, it was so common that the group had even wondered whether they should give the two separate rooms when they had just moved to the area, to which Jeonghan had opposed to the idea so harshly that her face was totally flushed. Their members shrugged, obediently giving the group's two oldest separate rooms that were side by side, with a linked door between the two rooms. Though the two were still slightly embarrassed by their members, they were glad nevertheless about the fact that it was now easier to get to the other's room without telling everyone else living in the same building like how it was back where they came from.

 

"It's okay, Han. At least we've found her now..." Seungcheol's voice was undoubtedly calming the person in his arms, the latter's sobs slowly coming to a stop. Jeonghan hugged her mate tightly, resting her chin on the male's shoulders as she continued, "I can't help but to ponder what happened to her, Cheol. She's so different now. It's so hard to even talk to her. Do you know for the whole day today, all I had been doing was to start small talks here and there, and not even once did she reply or join in the conversation. Do you know how hard it was for me to hold myself back from hugging her the moment I saw her? One second, all it took was just one second for me to confirm that it's her. And I-"

 

"Shushh... it's alright. Like you said, we all don't know what happened to her all these years, we can't judge her just like that right? Besides, it might just be a facade. You do remember how long it actually took for her to start playing with the few of us when she first saw us, it's not easy for her to trust strangers, we all know that Han. Maybe she'll start talking to you tomorrow, you never know. But the Jeonghan that I know tries way more times than just once, and I know that you'll eventually break her walls. She still knows you from somewhere in her heart, I know that." Seungcheol cupped his mate's cheeks, pushing the girl's long fringe away from her face, while staring straight into the girl's eyes as the words that reassured Jeonghan again and again left his mouth. By the time Seungcheol was done, Jeonghan had thrown away the tears that were threatening to fall, smiling cheesily at her mate. The male gave his mate a soft peck on her lips, pulling them two back down on the bed, before starting to hum a soft lullaby to get the girl to sleep.

 

Morning arrived soon enough, and it did not take long before Seungkwan, one of the youngest of the group, came knocking at everyone's doors, singing the usual morning alarm song that all of them had grown to hate. The two oldest - Seungcheol and Jeonghan, got up from the bed grumpily, they were never the morning type of people. It was even worst when they had gotten less sleep than usual due to Jeonghan's slight outbreak just hours before. Jeonghan gave a few hits to her mate that had fallen back down on the bed to wake the male up, heading into the adjoined bathroom to freshen herself up for the day. Seungcheol, on the other hand, groaned into the bed covers, getting up unhappily to return to his room through the linked door to properly wake himself up under the showers. The two was done getting ready at the exact same second, Jeonghan in her marine blue and white female uniform, and Seungcheol in the male uniform of BN High with the only difference from the female's was that the checkered skirt was changed to a pair of checkered long pants for the male's.

 

By the time the two had arrived in the dining room, the rest of the group had already started on their breakfast which was prepared by the group's resident nanny - Mingyu. The eleven seated at their places looked up simultaneously, greeting their daddy and mommy of the group for the day before putting their focus back onto their meals. Jeonghan sighed audibly, as the two sat down in their places, which happened to be side by side, and at the head of the long table as well. It had always been an inside joke about Seungcheol, who was their leader, being the group's father while Jeonghan, who was the leader's mate, being the group's mother, especially since Seungcheol and Jeonghan did act their 'role' most of the time. The leader did his role as one perfectly, making sure that everything was in order, that each of them behaved properly while Jeonghan always fussed about each member getting enough food and rest like how a pair of parents would. Besides, it was always fun for the members to tease the oldest couple, their reactions had always been the best.

 

All of them gobbled their breakfast down within minutes, Seungcheol and Jeonghan included, though the couple took longer compared to the rest. The rest needed to get dressed and ready for school, since the couple were the only ones who were dressed in the school morning at the dining table. Shouts and chatters filled the previously quiet house, with clothings thrown here and there, from one room to another as the couple snuggled together cozily on a sofa in the living room which was right next to the dining room.

 

The couple watched as their 'kids' filed into the living room one by one after finally getting themselves ready for school. The group of thirteen gathered together, their fists all out as the thirteen rings on their pinkies glimmered under the light. Seungcheol led the group in their daily cheering as colours of the rainbow clouded around all of them, forming an almost invisible glowing layer on each of them. The group said one final cheer, each of them grunting loudly before they finally left the house, getting into the various transportation they had to get themselves to school.

 

The school was noisy as usual, with every group of friends standing in various corners all around the large campus, wasting time away before classes started. There was not morning assembly that morning, it was usually once a month, every first monday school day of the month and was so unless there was an exceptional reason to have one. The group of thirteen split into three groups, one for each school year as Seungcheol and Jeonghan shared a small kiss before separating. Those in the second year pulled their 'mommy' away, whilst those in the third year pulled their 'daddy' away, the members knew clearly that they had to, or the couple would not separate at all. Seokmin gave the girl a soft hug as the group walked towards their building, the girl pouting her entire way up to her classroom. The group of second years escorted their 'mommy' right to her classroom, leaving for their respective classes afterwards once that they know that the girl had arrived in the classroom safely.

 

Jeonghan took a deep breath right before she stepped into the classroom, telling herself that she could do another day of ignoring, or anything as long as her seatmate reacted to her. As she had expected, Sooyeon was sitting in the classroom already, in her usual seat right at the back of the room, away from any civilisation. The girl had her head on the table as usual, her eyes closed to ignore anyone who tries to converse or interact with the girl. Jeonghan headed to her seat next to Sooyeon, her heart pounding with every step she took towards the other girl. Just as she sat down, Jeonghan flashed her infamous angelic smile to her seatmate, "Morning Sooyeon!"

 

And against her expectations, Sooyeon got up from the table, the ends of her lips tugging softly at her, making sure that no one else saw her smiling at the same time. Jeonghan's breathing almost stopped as Sooyeon's mouth moved, "Morning."

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: Hello~~ Double update, since I couldn't update last week!! Enjoy this two chapter yeah? :p Especially this one~~ It's important in a way, especially the first half of the chapter~ Hope that you all did, and until the next update ^-^