♛ 16th Drop of Blood ♛

Dolls: Bloodthirst

Frowning with a blood bag in her hand, Sooyeon stared at the boy that she had bumped into. Or to phrase it properly, it was the boy who had bumped into her. She had never understood why the boy was so bent on annoying her, and she doubts that she ever would. Fortunately, it was still quite early in the morning, and the school barely had any people in it, so people would not notice that the new most popular guy in school was having a staring competition with a girl that they probably have yet to realise was a student like them. Sooyeon's frown deepened, "What do you want?"

 

"You." Jaejoong smiled a bit flirtatious, the same one that had annoyed Sooyeon so much the previous day. He was glad that s or his clan members were not around to see this sight of him, s were busy on the lookout outside the snack shop, they were told by Chan that the girl did not like attention. He did not mind them watching of course, but since the girl did not like attention, they would do their best to not make the girl dislike them more. The girl's strong dislike for the five of them could be clearly felt by each of them in the rooftop from the time they had spent together the day earlier. The boy continued, "Can't you just talk to me nicely?"

 

"No." The girl's reply was simple and straightforward as she took the chance to take a big stride over Jaejoong, who had been blocking her way out of the area with his built body. The girl, her maturity somehow collapsing the moment she saw Jaejoong, turned back to the boy when she was a few steps away from the boy, showing the latter her tongue as she exited the snack shop with the blood bag still in her hand. Sooyeon quickly made her way out of the area and towards the rooftop, not sparing a glance at the four boys who were standing guard outside the snack shop, before her legs gave way on the floor, with the door leading to the rooftop behind her back. Sweat trailed down her forehead, the girl taking a huge sigh, not bothering to get up from the floor as she recalled meeting gazes with boy once again earlier.

 

This time, though it was slightly less intense compared to the previous times, it still made her legs go weak, like every other time they did. Her hand with the blood bag habitually move towards as she tried her best to get rid of the weird feeling she had every time she exchanged eye contact with Jaejoong, her lips pursing without a thought as she started to the liquid from the bag unconsciously. She blinked, staying in the same position for seconds before she finally realised what she was doing. Her brown orbs moved towards the blood bag, the object in her hand reminding her of the events from the day before as they returned to her mind, pushing everything away as it screamed.

 

~~

 

Sooyeon froze as Jaejoong took the straw of the blood bag that she had just been sipping on into his own mouth. Because of so, the boy had his face right in front of the girl's, the two faces barely inches apart. The latter shifted his eyes to make full contact with that of the girl's, the girl quivering slightly as a flirtatious smirk appeared on the face of the boy's. The boy continued to sip on the straw of the blood bag, not moving a single inch as the girl's confused expression turned into an annoyed one. If glares could kill, Jaejoong would have died countless times now, with Sooyeon glaring at the boy yet again. Jaejoong, however, was still as calm as ever, his mouth finally letting go of the straw though his head still lingered over the blood bag.

 

The girl's hand contracted unconsciously, blood surging out of the bag via the straw without control as it stained the white shirt that Jaejoong was wearing as part of the school uniform. But before the boy or anyone could react, the blood bag, still leaking with the liquid within, was pushed into his chest, the girl who was previously holding the bag running away. The door separating the rooftop and the stairway ringing loudly from the force that it was slammed close. By the time the eighteen boys had regained their senses, the girl was nowhere in sight, having disappeared from the rooftop in the same time that the boys were all still processing what was happening to them.

 

Jeonghan and Seungcheol were the first to finish processing their thoughts, the couple breaking into laughter as the former shook his head lightly, leaning his head on his mate's shoulders after he was done. The couple continued to appreciate the rare blur faces that the five older males, aka Jaejoong, Yunho, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin, were wearing, same with their members. They were enjoying every moment they could, knowing that it would be anytime soon that they would be able to see such a sight again, but then again, with Sooyeon around, no one could really tell anything. The smiles the couple were wearing widened as one by one, the boys slowly regained their senses and started chuckling at the somewhat hilarious scene that had just happened in front of them. Changmin slapped an arm over Seokmin, the two looked as if they were about to die from all the laughing as the former wiped a tear forming at the side of his right eye, "Oh my god! I can confirm that she is Yeonnie alright! Only Yeonnie can make Jae hyung like this..."

 

The boy continued to laugh, ignoring the slight scowl Jaejoong had. Junsu smirked, joining in on the teasing like he did not see the scowl on Jaejoong's face, though his words continued into something more serious, "And she's the only one who can get away with it. But Cheol, how did you boys manage to find her out of so many people?"

 

"Well..." the said boy rubbed the back of his neck, desperately trying to find words within his mind, only to have his mate making the reply for him, "You see hyung, all of us know that Yeonnie is smart for her age right?" Everyone nodded, the long haired male smiling contentedly at the reply he got as he continued, "Besides, counting Yeonnie's age, if she had gotten proper education, she would have been in her second year of high school. That of course, is based on the assumption that she had gotten proper education all these years, but at least that was something that gave us a place to start our search. Which was why after we arrived in South Korea, we started researching on all the top schools in the area, again with another assumption that if our princess had gotten proper education, she would have been one of the top students with good results. We got a few matches with the top students in her level, but BN High had the most number of students with the best results, and so we decided to start the search from BN High. We spent a few hours doing all we could with what we had - Wonwoo's hacking skills, and Seungkwan's analysing skills to decrease our scope of search. Yeonnie came in the top of course, her results are the best amongst everyone in the cohort, yet she doesn't seem to be known by the students, showing how she still likes to keep everything down away from attention. And through the confidential file we had gotten through the hack, apparently the school keeps the identity of every student a secret ,we found out that Yeonnie is working as one of the servants in the Hwang manor. The age that she had entered the manor matched to that of when she went missing- No, don't rage at that fact! We can't do anything about it yet!"

 

Jeonghan panicked a little when he realised that Yoochun and Yunho's gazes had turned dangerous, their bodies ready to fight. Jaejoong sent a look to his two best friends, successfully making the two to calm down as Jeonghan's words got to them. The two nodded apologetic, gesturing for the long haired male to continue with his explanation, "Since we found someone so close to being Yeonnie, we couldn't miss the chance right? So we used Hansol's ability to manipulate people's minds to help the thirteen of us get admitted into the school, with me in the second year and the same class as Yeonnie is since I'm sure you all know how I am when it comes to stuff pertaining to Yeonnie. We happened to meet her just within a hour after arriving in the school, and I pretty much knew that it was her the moment I laid eyes on her. I started to approach her and it took a while for her to let down her guarded heart to us. But we managed to eventually, and during this period, Yeonnie had gotten the elemental control of electricity and the ability of reading people's minds that she's fully capable of controlling. That's pretty much everything."

 

Jaejoong nodded without a word, his face had turned completely emotionless after Sooyeon had left the area. The other four however, were wearing stupid grins on their faces, obviously enjoying and agreeing with what Jeonghan had said. The five had taken the time that Jeonghan had used to explain the entire situation to sit down in the empty spaces around the boys, each of them eating their own lunch as Jeonghan continued with his story. Silence fell on the nineteen boys after Jeonghan finished the story, with all of them staring at Jaejoong to be the first to respond. Seconds passed, and minutes passed, before Soonyoung, who had been fidgeting from all the silence around him, broke the still air surrounding every single one of them, "Wait hyung, so why are you guys here in the first place? Are you not going to do anything? Besides, from how Yeonnie acted just now, I think it's pretty clear that she doesn't really have a good first impression of all of you, hyungs."

 

The boy had an awkward smile on his face by the time he was done talking, not daring to look into the five's eyes as he pointed out the sad truth that they all knew, just that they did not want to admit it. Yunho let out a sigh, the troubled look on his face was what the five of them felt. It did not felt nice to be disliked by the girl that was so important in their heart, especially when all the five of them wanted when they first saw the girl was to go up to her and hug her with all their strength. They had imagined countless of times through the years, how the girl would look like when she was older, and the sight of the girl that was many times better than their imagination was overwhelming in a way. They had already withheld all the affection they wanted to give to the girl from the very first instant they saw her, but they knew that it would scare the girl.

 

However, they did not expect to get into the girl's bad books even when they did not do anything, the blame was mostly on Jaejoong anyway, who had somehow annoyed the girl every single time they met. Jaejoong blinked, knowing that the fault was on him, though his poker face still showed nothing, "We do nothing for now. The most important thing is to make Sooyeon like us, and we'll take the time to observe the Hwangs as well. I'd asked some of the people to gather some information on the clan after getting the message from you guys. Here, read it."

 

A folder full of documents was thrown on the coffee table placed in the centre of the sofa. The thirteen boys who had yet to read the documents within the folder quickly scrambled to get the sheets of paper, each of them taking turns to read different pages of the documents. As they read, the thirteen faces turned more and more serious, and before they knew it, only the shifting of paper could be heard in the wide rooftop. Seungcheol's gaze turned dangerous, as he looked up from the last piece of paper from the thick stack of document, making eye contact with the older five boys with a stern expression.

 

~~

 

"Oppa, where have you been?" Sooyeon whispered to her deskmate, after class had started. She had not seen the boy or any of the other twelve that morning. She had left the rooftop after a few minutes, heading to class early like she had always done before the boys had entered the school. She did not want to meet the five boys again, at least not until lunch. She continued to take a short nap that she had needed desperately on her table, after having spent the entire night thinking about the five new boys in school. Somehow, she had a intuition that she knew them before, but Jaejoong's annoyance and the weird feeling she got whenever they exchanged eye contact made her feel somewhat distanced from them. She was so deep into her slumber that she did not even realised that class was starting, the tutor already in the classroom, and had only risen from her sleep when Jeonghan woke her up.

 

Classes went on as usual, though the boy next to her was acting slightly weird. Jeonghan usually paid his fullest attention to the tutor, but that day however, he was barely staring into space, as if his soul had flew to somewhere far away from the classroom. That was why Sooyeon thought if she should ask about the boy's condition, wondering if it might be yet another heat that the boy had gotten into. Jeonghan gave the girl a soft smile, a hidden glint of worry laced amongst his caring gaze towards the girl. He shook his head, "Yeap, everything's alright."

 

 

 

Author's Note: Weww, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! And until next weekk~~